AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up date we have an update. . .

Momma Bus just had her 3rd batch of fry today. I counted 107 new babies. WUT? WOT? WAT! Yes 107, to go along with 26 for the firs brood(May 8), 26 from the 2nd Brood (June 1) and now107 more June 25th. IMG_3750.JPGIMG_3749.JPGMomma is doing fine I hope that she only has one more brood. Platys can store the sperm for 4 broods. They can birth from every21 to 28 days. I guess I am lucky that the other 4 females have not popped out any babies.

The 15 gallon FW tank I had given the 5 Angel fish back to the since they had over grown the tank. 1 Died the night before I brought them back in to him be fore I left on vacation The 5 that i brought in only 2 were still alive a week later. He surmised that they had some disease. He still has the two in quarantine.
The 15 Gal tank had REALLY high Nitrate prior to me leaving and my daughter did a 5 gal water change every day. i am down to 2 Cardinal Tetras and 2 Neons. Over the last week we lost 3 Hatchet 9 Neons 3 Cardinals, and 2 Blue Cory's.
I did a 13 gallon water change when I returned home form vacation . The Nitrate is still registering between 40 and 80 PPM. One more 13 gallon water change should bring it below 40PPM and that will be done tomorrow. The other fish that still are swimming look good and hopefully I wont lose anymore. Only time will tell.

But, I now have more babies to deal with. 107 of them. UUGHHH!

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Up date we have an update. . .

I counted 107 new babies. WUT? WOT? WAT!

Calls Planned Fishhood to help with some birth control.

But seriously, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EVEN COUNT FISH WHEN THERE ARE THAT MANY?! I WOULD GET DIZZY! :wideyed:

Love the pictures thanks for continuing to share your bazillion fry with us!

Snapchat-1496225959350444789.png
This was not the photo I was looking for, I wanted to show you my aquarium now that it has a live plant, but it looks like I will have to take a new one tomorrow when the sun is up, and not lose it this time upon the bazillion animal photos I have.

Reactions: WildFingers
Well the Mother's day brood of fry are looking for a new home. I brought them to the fish store and got $0.50 a piece for them. WOOHOO! here they are with their new tank mates at the fish store.
image7102016 2.JPG
The newest batch of fry have been released into the tank along with the other brood along with the 4 Females that are in the quarantine/nursery tank. I put in a plastic plant so the babies have a hiding spot.
image7102016 1.JPG
In another 3 weeks I can get rid of the 2nd batch to the LFS when they are big enough.

A neighbor just gave me a 25 gallon fish tank i have NO IDEA what I will do with it. Right now I am testing it to see if it holds water. I do not need another tank well Maybe a 125 - 210 gallon tank would be nice. Yet, I don't foresee any gifting of that size tank forthcoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoTxBob
MORE Platty BABIES I didn't even put her in the breeding box. I have not been able to count how many she had this time most of them are hiding in the plastic plant for their own safety. Although, the ones that are not hiding are not being harassed or being eaten either. I am losing track of the fry birthing days. It has now Officially gotten out of hand. May 8th (26) June 1st (26) June 25 (107) July 25(?).

So I've got my tank doing pretty well, the fish/snail/plant seem to be very happy. It's been a month since I cleaned it and added the plants. I just changed the water filter and topped off the water level.

I tested the water parameters and the two issues were alkalinity is low-moderate, and water is hard.

Now that I have the live plant in the tank (2.5 gallon) I can no longer change out the entire tank like I used to.

HOW
/when would you recommend I do a partial tank cleaning? And any other suggestions you may have... Thanks friends!

TANK UPDATE: My plant is doing well! So proud of myself. My three glofish and three tetras are still going strong...

but my one guppy, Gus, wasn't doing so well this week. He spent most of his time laying on the floor of the aquarium and when he tried to swim he was more vertical then horizontal. I thought he might be dying but now he seems to be doing much better. I didn't check my water perameters when he was sick, I figured it was an isolated incident since only one fish was in distress. Now I wish I had checked so I could have gained some more insight. I did a partial water change yesterday after he miraculous started swimming around more normally. I'll be checking the parameters later.

Anyone know what might have caused his health issues and what may have fixed them? I've never seen a fish come back from the state he was in.

TANK UPDATE: My plant is doing well! So proud of myself. My three glofish and three tetras are still going strong...

but my one guppy, Gus, wasn't doing so well this week. He spent most of his time laying on the floor of the aquarium and when he tried to swim he was more vertical then horizontal. I thought he might be dying but now he seems to be doing much better. I didn't check my water perameters when he was sick, I figured it was an isolated incident since only one fish was in distress. Now I wish I had checked so I could have gained some more insight. I did a partial water change yesterday after he miraculous started swimming around more normally. I'll be checking the parameters later.

Anyone know what might have caused his health issues and what may have fixed them? I've never seen a fish come back from the state he was in.

It sounds like it may have been going into shock a bit. My initial guesses would be either an ammonia spike, or possibly maybe not quite enough aeration. Other than that, filter need changing maybe???

It sounds like it may have been going into shock a bit. My initial guesses would be either an ammonia spike, or possibly maybe not quite enough aeration. Other than that, filter need changing maybe???

I was thinking ammonia spike also, but I would have though that would have effected multiple fish.

But your filter guess could be right too. I change the filter on the first of every month and he got sick at the end of the month so that's also very possible.

Thanks for your input!

I name my nerites Speedy! I've got Speedy the 2nd right now. His namesake past away in the great hydrogen peroxide incident of 2014 (was supposed to just kill algae but put in too much).

@Cutie_Kisses does changing the filter mean changing the carbon?

I name my nerites Speedy! I've got Speedy the 2nd right now. His namesake past away in the great hydrogen peroxide incident of 2014 (was supposed to just kill algae but put in too much).

@Cutie_Kisses does changing the filter mean changing the carbon?

What kind of tank do you have? Would love to know more.

In my case changing the filter does mean that. These are the filters I use.

Mine is a 10gal planted! I have a lot of stupid snails and 5 pygmy corys. It usually looks better but I ripped everything out and redid it recently, so it has to grow in again. The roots on either side are pothos.
mtank.jpg

how do you manage so many plants without an aerator at least I don't see one in the picture?

Hmm, actually when I started this and looked for planted tank info I don't remember anyone suggesting an aerator. I thought that was for fish. Would an aerator make them grow faster? I dose with liquid CO2 and use root tabs.

It's for night actually. During the respiration process your plants start to suck in O2 which can either zone or deprive your fish of oxygen if your tank isn't well circulated. Plants because they are bulk disrupt circulation. You can tell the need for an aerator at night when you see the fish zone away from the plants or stay near the surface of the tank at night.

• Helpful!
@Kinky_Casey thats super awesome!! And here I was all proud I've kept a single plant of which I forget the name already alive for about six months now.

@SMuser69 you just gave me some fun new reading material. I love learning new things. Do you have a tank(s) or are you just just knowledgeable about these things?

Reactions: Kinky_Casey
It's for night actually. During the respiration process your plants start to suck in O2 which can either zone or deprive your fish of oxygen if your tank isn't well circulated. Plants because they are bulk disrupt circulation. You can tell the need for an aerator at night when you see the fish zone away from the plants or stay near the surface of the tank at night.

I just use surface agitation from my filter for that. I also have only a few very tiny fish so they don't use too much O2. Do you do low-mid tech heavily planted? That's what I'm going for but I need more plants!

When I was a teen I worked at a pet shop with about 50 tanks and one summer as a restaurant maintaining a 15k gallon saltwater tank. The saltwater tank was partially used to cultivate seaweed. Each fish in the tank was worth about $50-$500 so you couldn't do any risk taking between transfers or cleaning the tank. The we could occasionally use a fish vacuum but that was risky as you could get.

To get back to your question. What look are you trying to get from your planting? A pond look or a Bijou? Yes adding an aerator does make plants grow a lot faster also they will start to grow towards the bubbles so placement of the aerator determines the grow path of plants. Also you using any clean fish like catfish to maintain your tank bottom? Clean fish will eat base sprouts of plants which can control their spread. If you're going for a coral reef look then you're looking at adding a sponge plant. There are fresh water sponge available but I hear they are very hard to maintain.

To get back to your question. What look are you trying to get from your planting? A pond look or a Bijou? Yes adding an aerator does make plants grow a lot faster also they will start to grow towards the bubbles so placement of the aerator determines the grow path of plants. Also you using any clean fish like catfish to maintain your tank bottom? Clean fish will eat base sprouts of plants which can control their spread. If you're going for a coral reef look then you're looking at adding a sponge plant. There are fresh water sponge available but I hear they are very hard to maintain.

I'm not really looking for anything, I've had it for 3 years. Like I said earlier I only have a few pygmy corys and some snails so that's really it. I just showed a picture so Cutie_Kisses could see what kind of tank I have. I do know my direction and I personally would never do a coral reef look in a freshwater tank.

Sad story¡? Sorry in advanced. I love fish. And always had an Aquarium. My last aquarium had 2 fish in it. The tank was 50gl. Anyways one was an Oscar and the other one was an algae eater. You should have seen some of the things I put in the tank. It fun. Anyway I got locked up and they were left alone.

I was upset at myself for being in jail. And well they starved to death. I know they are only fish but animal being starve to death. Makes me sad. Human are animals 2 in my head anyway.

But sorry I had to share that. Because I thought about how long they had to suffer. Funny about how we are with pets. Luckly I didn't get to tell an inmate how I felt when I heard he was there.

For starving his daughter. Not sure why it was as big of a deal as leaving a baby in a hot car. But I have my guesses. And sorry again for being a downer. Just that I think yall are fucking awesome. deuces

Status
Not open for further replies.