AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Food

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2010
GO! :diabloanifire: DEMANDS YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES!!!!!!

This is a forum for the discussion of food or anything food related.

A couple months ago I had a tremendous meal at Fleur de Lys. It was a four course tasting menu (with three sub-courses) with one to two wine pairings per course. My main course was a superbly cooked buffalo steak which was unexpectedly juicy and quite flavorful. After the meal, Chef Keller spoke with us briefly and was extremely gracious.

As I type this, I am finishing off a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios because the whole wheat Israeli couscous I had for dinner tasted like everything that is whole wheat, which is to say like crap. How the mighty have fallen.

FutureFrank said:
Update: My cat stuck her face in the bowl of cereal as I hit "submit."

Adorable :cat:

My current favorite recipe is Alton Brown's version of A Chicken and 40 Cloves. I love garlic and juicy chicken. Putting the roasted garlic cloves on home-made french bread slice toast is divine!

Brown-Sugar-Glazed Ham with Pineapple. :text-datsphatyo:

Bullseyes.

Making_eggs_in_basket.jpg

Simple, fast, and great when you're a poor-ass bachelor living on an extremely truncated income.

TheChump said:
Bullseyes.

Simple, fast, and great when you're a poor-ass bachelor living on an extremely truncated income.
great anytime. i forgot about that delicious treat.

bulgogi.jpg

Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup pear juice or white wine
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
* 1 (2 pound) beef rump roast, sliced into thin strips
* 1 onion, cut into thin strips

Elvine said:
bulgogi.jpg

Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup pear juice or white wine
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
* 1 (2 pound) beef rump roast, sliced into thin strips
* 1 onion, cut into thin strips

holy crap. i think i'm in love. i must try this soon!

Jawbs said:
Elvine said:
Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

holy crap. i think i'm in love. i must try this soon!

Korean BBQ is magical, seriously. There is no shortage of places in Korea Town in LA, but there are a bunch of fantastic 24 hour places that are jam packed at all hours of the day. There's one place I like, Hodori, that is situated directly next to, and across the street from, two other 24 hour places, but they seem to be the cheapest and best of places I've tried.

Bulgogi, Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap, and that wacky Korean bacon hit the spot at most any hour of the day, but especially at like 3AM.

4113834039_84e5ebe353.jpg

Clams stir fried in black bean sauce.

* 2 dozen clams, such as littleneck or cherrystone
* 2 tablespoons fermented black beans
* 1 tablespoon ginger
* 1 clove garlic
* 2 leeks
* 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon chile paste with garlic, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 4 teaspoons of water
* 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
* 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

chicken-feet.jpg

Chicken Feet Dim Sum

* 1 pound chicken feet
* 2 quarts oil
* 2 quarts water
* 1 ounce fresh ginger
* 3 pieces star anise
* 2 ounces Chinese parsley roots
* 2 ounces maltose sugar

Marinade:
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sake
* 1 ounce chopped chile pepper
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
* 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil

The latest issue of Saveur magazine is devoted to food in Los Angeles. I made this recipe for Pupusas con Curtido along with some porterhouses tonight.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Masa-Cakes-with-Spicy-Slaw-Pupusas-con-Curtido

1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
1 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
2 chiles de árbol, crushed
1⁄2 large carrot, peeled and grated
1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1⁄4 head green cabbage, shredded
Kosher salt, to taste
2 cups masa harina
16 oz. grated Monterey jack

1. Combine vinegar, sugar, oregano, chiles, carrots, onions, and cabbage in a bowl. Season with salt; toss; let chill.

2. Put masa harina and 1 3⁄4 cups water into a bowl; stir to form a dough. Pinch off a 1 1⁄2-oz. piece of dough; roll it into a ball. Pat dough into a thin disk. Squeeze 1 1⁄4 oz. cheese into a ball. Press cheese into center of dough; cupping dough, stretch edges of dough around cheese and seal. Pat dough to form a 3 1⁄2"-wide disk. Repeat to make 12 pupusas in all.

3. Heat a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 3 batches, cook pupusas, turning, until golden, 10–12 minutes. Serve hot with slaw.

SERVES 4

This article was first published in Saveur in Issue #127

I may need some exotic recipes for projects and such in culinary school. Does anyone mind if I use their recipes? and If I ever open a restaurant I will credit you with a creative name for the dish if you want

ChefDave said:
I may need some exotic recipes for projects and such in culinary school. Does anyone mind if I use their recipes? and If I ever open a restaurant I will credit you with a creative name for the dish if you want

Hey there ;) i might have some Easter European recipes for you if interested :p i have my grandmas hand written cook book with me in the States for when i get home sick and crave traditional food

There's a local korean place here in Athens that I frequent that makes a tasty Bulgogi.

I love Sushi, and soy/teriyaki sauced meat dishes. Really, it's rare that I find a proper asian meal I don't like (tried Thai, Korean, Japanese, and of course Chinese).

Being of spanish descent, I do love me some arroz con pollo as well. A good Paella is awesome too.

AlexLady said:
For the Bulgogi do you just mix it all together and fry it?

(I'm no cook unless it's baking, but my roommate can do it if you give some details pretty please.)
Yes, you can mix and pan fry it. Hope you enjoy it! :)
If you have a Korean store close they also sell bulgogi sauce.

TheChump said:
Bullseyes.

Tried this the other night after seeing the post on here. FUCKING DELICIOUS! I was a little surprised. lol

BULGOGI - In Costco's meat section among all the pre-marinated stuff I spotted a big pack of bulgogi for about $12. I got triptip instead because, so I cannot attest to the quality of it, nor that it is available outside of Southern California, but it's there if you're too lazy to visit a butcher and make your own marinade.

DO(UGH)NUTS - I tried Top Pot Doughnuts whilst in Seattle; thumbs way up, even way-er up-per to find that Starbucks use Top Pot as their local source in the Seattle area, so theoretically I could even get donuts at the airport if I'm in town for just a layover. However, while I am not a coffee drinker, I was told that Top Pot's was not very good. Make of that what you will. http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.