AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Halloween Free For All

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love horrors as a teenager but my tastes changed as I got older.

More recently I’ve been enjoying the horror/thriller genre through The Babadook and the Ari Aster-directed movies Hereditary and Midsommar. Stylistically, I really appreciate the storytelling, despite the actual story lines being quite disturbing. Creepy for Hallowe’en!
I love Hereditary and Midsommar. I really like horror with this more sensitive approach to the feelings and behavior of the characters, while being deeply disturbing. Mother! and Get Out are also great examples in my opinion. Demons and serial killers don't scare me much. Gore is gross but that's all. But the human mind, that's terrifying.

Horror is definitely my favorite genre.

Reactions: Maxi
I love Hereditary and Midsommar. I really like horror with this more sensitive approach to the feelings and behavior of the characters, while being deeply disturbing. Mother! and Get Out are also great examples in my opinion. Demons and serial killers don't scare me much. Gore is gross but that's all. But the human mind, that's terrifying.

Horror is definitely my favorite genre.

I enjoyed the references in the latest Scream franchise movie. When the ‘Ghostface’ phoned the soon-to-be victim and asked what her favourite scary movie was (as she/he always does) she eloquently reveals her tastes in current horror movies.

This time, Tara Carpenter tells the mysterious slasher-obsessed caller that she prefers “elevated horror” films like The Witch, Hereditary, and The Babadook.

The caller doesn’t understand what “elevated horror” is, so Tara explains that it refers to arthouse horror films exploring deep thematic emotional substance as opposed to cheap jump scares. The term was coined by film critics who needed to validate having positive opinions about horror movies.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lilly_____
I enjoyed the references in the latest Scream franchise movie. When the ‘Ghostface’ phoned the soon-to-be victim and asked what her favourite scary movie was (as she/he always does) she eloquently reveals her tastes in current horror movies.

This time, Tara Carpenter tells the mysterious slasher-obsessed caller that she prefers “elevated horror” films like The Witch, Hereditary, and The Babadook.

The caller doesn’t understand what “elevated horror” is, so Tara explains that it refers to arthouse horror films exploring deep thematic emotional substance as opposed to cheap jump scares. The term was coined by film critics who needed to validate having positive opinions about horror movies.
Lol I love this.

I didn't know there was this definition although I do see the distinguish between the types of movies. This is exactly why I have such a grudge against "artsy" people. They're always trying to find excuses to why they think they're better than everyone which just proves the opposite. Lame.

ETA: the witch was SO boring

Reactions: Maxi
Status
Not open for further replies.