AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free Book About I Became A Top Phone/Cam Girl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
www.amberlyrothfield.com
Twitter Username
@AmberlyPSO
Greetings guys,

I know I am new to this site but not to the adult world. I have been around about 13 years and recently wrote a book.

After SESTA/FOSTA broke though, I decided to release it for free. It can be found at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798H4S5X but I implore you, do not buy it since I have already given out soo many copies for free. My goal is not to make money on the 250 page book but to help all of us in the adult industry. We have to band together in times like this right?

To get it, I do ask that you DM me (mine are always open) on twitter, as I get notifications better there. My Twitter handle is @AmberlyPSO.

Due to getting ready to do a workshop in a few weeks, I can only check in on here a few times a week sadly. If you dm me on twitter though, I do get back to you quite quickly!

If you do want to do something for me, honest reviews on Amazon (you dont have to pay :p) are always appreciated!

@Lelo1 Because people are allowed to wish to be compensated for their expertise?

This isn't a bad troll attempt. I've read it and actually enjoyed it enough to buy a paperback even though I've been in phonesex since 2013-14. She offers it free to sexworkers if you DM her on Twitter and on Kindle Unlimited. (I'm @verapricexxx / @blairebishop on Twitter. I've posted a bit there.) Publishing a manuscript of any length is an enormous undertaking.

Regarding the subject matter, her advice is extremely down to earth and she covers the entire gamut of indie phonesex, agencies, and platforms. I struggle with shy clients even now and she had some incredibly insightful observations for cultivating conversation. She also touches on time management, which, as a spoiled ass sexworker of the last 5-6 years, really helped pull some stuff into focus.

I don't get why it's taboo to charge for expertise, especially on a voluntary basis. We should support each other.

Last edited:
There was no better reaction icon for what I felt. I just found it somewhat insulting to read a message that to me basically says "I don't have the time or interest to get to know or interact with your community. Nevertheless, help me promote my book anyway by giving it great reviews. And contact me directly for it so I'll have your info to use later on." I don't mind self-promotion at all, I just don't like the spin.

@Lintilla, Not everyone is great at forum culture. I was more interjecting that the book is worth looking at. And if you have Kindle Unlimited already, no information changes hands directly whatsoever.

I didn't really interpret her submission as her pushing away the community. She's promoting a product like so many others do.

@Lintilla, Not everyone is great at forum culture. I was more interjecting that the book is worth looking at. And if you have Kindle Unlimited already, no information changes hands directly whatsoever.

It may be worth looking at. The post just comes off as disingenuous to me, as a first impression from someone not familiar with this model.

@Lelo1 Because she wants to make it publicly available to sexworkers but also collect royalties from Kindle Unlimited and casual Amazon users? I publish erotica under another name that I get, essentially, a revshare kickback from for being in KU.

Lelo, I'll take your criticism seriously when you've read the book. If you are so invested, you can spare the $ to put your money where your mouth is.

@Lintilla Yeah, ordinarily I'd be in the same camp but I found it well-written and helpful. Like I said, she's offering it free to sexworkers so while yeah, it's an awesome PR move, she's providing something of legitimate value.

Lelo, I'll take your criticism seriously when you've read the book. If you are so invested, you can spare the $ to put your money where your mouth is.

But why would I give her money? she's already told me if I DM her, She'll give it to me for free.

@Lelo1 Then do it. Ask for a copy. Because you apparently can't afford $9.99 for Kindle Unlimited sub or $16 for a paperback.

Please. I'm anxiously awaiting your critique once you've actually read the material.

Last edited:
If you're giving it away, why not just set the price to free?
Howdy!! On Amazon KDP you cannot set to free sadly but once every 90 days. Since I am giving it away for free though, I have found some do want to buy it to give back a bit. Never turn down money haha right?

@Lintilla Sorry I don't know how to work forums to put in your post =/.

I am truly sorry that you too my post that way. I promise it is not my intent. I refuse to say I work any harder than anyone here but I am quite busy throughout the day. I want to be able to get to everyone as soon as they request (if possible), and since I was new to the forum, I didn't even know if I would be allowed to make this post. Not knowing how quickly posts get approved, I didn't want to risk it being a day or two and forgetting I made the post here and then not get back to people. I also have limited time right now to be able to check forum posts (preparing free workshops for Exxxotica that I was asked to do last minute and coordinating the BBW Strip Night in Chicago for Exxxotica) and do not want someone to post and wait 8 hours to which they could have been getting information they could use.

I truly do not care if I do not make a dime off the book. If it is worthless why would any author expect to? If someone does find it valuable and wish to pay, of course, I will take the money. Am I asking for a review? Yes but if it doesn't happen it is fine. I have given away over 2000 copies on Twitter from other posts/offers I have made online and only gotten 8 reviews, to which I am totally stoked. Reviews I am using to help convince bookstores to allow me to host workshops and seminars (also free!) at. Social proof if you will. Again, the book is free either way and always will be.

I do appreciate your criticism and will use it for future posts so that I do not leave more of a bad taste in others mouths. Thank you :h: (no snark promise!)

@Lelo1 Then do it. Ask for a copy. Because you apparently can't afford $9.99 for Kindle Unlimited sub or $16 for a paperback.

Please. I'm anxiously awaiting your critique once you've actually read the material.
You really don't even have to do that much. Following the Amazon link and reading the preview is enough to show that it is a serious work.

You really don't even have to do that much. Following the Amazon link and reading the preview is enough to show that it is a serious work.
Aww ty for the vouch :h: I really did spend a ton of time on it. Since SESTA/FOSTA I have been busy updating chapters and hope to have version 2 out soon. No rest for the wicked XD

Reactions: DFT and Emberblaze
$3.99 Kindle, heck I buy lots of my beloved sci-fi pulps around that price and don't get to see the author's passion for it like this. Glad to support your work.

Though if ever there was a book that would be best in audio - ah, I'll have to engage the old imagination.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberlyPSO
$3.99 Kindle, heck I buy lots of my beloved sci-fi pulps around that price and don't get to see the author's passion for it like this. Glad to support your work.

Though if ever there was a book that would be best in audio - ah, I'll have to engage the old imagination.

AWW ty I do appreciate the support! Seriously in tears. I am working on the audio version for this as we speak. I have soo much going on and been a bit overwhelmed. Exxxotica has extended my seminar to 3 locations, the Erotic Heritage Museum is having me do classes on the subject and going to sell my book in their store (well the last part is a proposal and we are working out details) and I may be doing a speech at a sex worker rally. Things are moving so fast! It really means a ton ty!

Seriously? Only $3.99? Take my money! I just purchased it. Thank you for your contribution to the SW community and your generosity.

I'm 94% through with the kindle version, and despite being in the industry for 7+ years, I still found it very helpful! I was able to get my copy free with gift cards/rewards points, but I'd still be totally down with $3.99 for a kindle book of this length. It's well broken down and would be easily digestible for someone totally new to the industry.

It's a great resource for newbies and veterans alike. Chiming in to add to the praise because this is something everyone can glean knowledge from.

I just finished this yesterday and started implementing changes. I'm already seeing an improvement in my income. It was super helpful but also really easy to read. Totally worth the 3.99$

I received this for free by DMing her. Though I haven't implemented any changes in my work(i just don't have the time until Summer break is over to revamp or do more than the bare minimum)it was easy to follow along with and read, had amazing info, and wasn't filled with extra unnecessary fluff.

I really appreciate that you were willing to give this away. I will support you when I can.

I hope this isn't reviving an old thread, but I wanted to express my gratitude. Recently I have had a huge influx of people on twitter asking for the book. I finally found a free place to upload it for those who do not wish to have a twitter www.gumroad.com/l/amberlypso.

I am in actual tears because of you guys. I honestly didn't mean for anyone to purchase it when I posted it, just was hard pressed to find somewhere accepting of adult material to host it. Still though, soo many wonderful reviews and comments. I truly hope it helps you guys. It has been a blast meeting some of you at the talks and seminars I have given (also free if I have any say in the matter). This community is great and I feel so bad having such precious little time to be on the forums but once things calm down in a few weeks, I plan to be more active.

I am truly sorry for any naysayers that thought I was just trying to use this forum for my benefit but happy that my true intention has been seen by most!

Thank you guys, this is motivating me to just want to do more!

Status
Not open for further replies.