AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free photo editing program?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I used to have photoshop, and none of these sites I'm finding online are up to par. I'm looking for something where I can make backgrounds and use nice font. Pixlr sucks!

Thanks in advance! :handgestures-salute:

http://www.getpaint.net/

About
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.

Jessi said:
Just curious, why dont you want to use photoshop anymore?
I dont know how Amber feels about sharing TPB links, but I have a nice portable version of CS5 that I use.

I had it on my previous laptop, tried downloading torrents on this one but none of them work!!

Paint.net is what I use on my windows machine. Its free and does everything.

I tried Gimp a while back. It was pretty similar to Photoshop, but it seemed to eat a lot ram. PC ran really slow while using the program. Don't know if they addressed that issue. I tossed it and just use the wife's Mac with all her design programs if I want to do any editing.

i use paint.NET over gimp - totally free and readily available. It seems to be a lot faster and doesn't eat resources as bad as gimp did.

Jupiter551 said:
yeah I have an *ahem* liberated copy of CS5 and love it

I love that you call it "liberated". :) It makes it sound so fancy free. Speaking of which, I've been using Elements 9 that came with my Wacom Intuos tablet and I could really use a fancy free version of CS5 about now but I'm always afraid of viruses and stuff. :(

Neudiin said:
Paint.net is what I use on my windows machine. Its free and does everything.

What is everything? Just curious... While I am an average graphics designer and have people that are a lot more experienced and do it full time.. I'll say there are several disadvantages and limitations of paint vs Photoshop of not only plugins and what you can do within Paint

Obviously PS is a much more sophisticated program than Paint, but I interpreted what "everything" meant was "everything *I* need to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.