AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free/Safe video hosting site?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FayePotato

Inactive Cam Model
May 16, 2015
Canada
Twitter Username
@Faye_Potato
MFC Username
FayePotato
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/563930/FayePotato/
Hi there! I'm totally new to the forums (still waiting for Model status) and camming in general, so forgive me for my noobishness..

I just filmed my first video last night, hoping to sell it on MFC. I uploaded it to Mediafire after hearing that a lot of models used that. It seemed to work okay, and I sent a link to one guy who paid for it, and he never responded so I'm assuming he didn't have any problems. But this morning when I checked my Mediafire account, my video was gone. I'm assuming they took it down because it was adult content, as I've been doing some reading online about this, but I can't seem to find a good alternative. Eventually I hope to be able to just buy my own domain or something to host on, but as I've just started I haven't made any money yet and I can't afford to pay for video hosting (especially since I only have one video right now!)

So, do any of you know of a site I can use, to let people download my videos (preferably with a one-time only link) where they will be safe and private?
Thanks in advance, hope you all are having a great day! :)

Oh how weird! I've heard other girls have problems but mine have been up there now for nigh on three years with no issues. What are you naming your files? Perhaps if they sound explicit they'll be flagged. Anyway i use mediafire, and planning on moving over to projectmaenad.

Reactions: FayePotato
StonerKitty18 said:
Hi there! I'm totally new to the forums (still waiting for Model status) and camming in general, so forgive me for my noobishness..

I just filmed my first video last night, hoping to sell it on MFC. I uploaded it to Mediafire after hearing that a lot of models used that. It seemed to work okay, and I sent a link to one guy who paid for it, and he never responded so I'm assuming he didn't have any problems. But this morning when I checked my Mediafire account, my video was gone. I'm assuming they took it down because it was adult content, as I've been doing some reading online about this, but I can't seem to find a good alternative. Eventually I hope to be able to just buy my own domain or something to host on, but as I've just started I haven't made any money yet and I can't afford to pay for video hosting (especially since I only have one video right now!)

So, do any of you know of a site I can use, to let people download my videos (preferably with a one-time only link) where they will be safe and private?
Thanks in advance, hope you all are having a great day! :)

Are you using chrome to check your Mediafire account? For some reason, none of my videos load when I login using Chrome. I tried Firefox and it worked fine. I think I maybe need to update Chrome.. but that could be the reason you can't see your video. Usually they will send you a message if they are going to take it down. If you still have the link you sent the guy who bought the video, try using it yourself and see what happens...

Reactions: SaffronBurke
caireen said:
Are you using chrome to check your Mediafire account? For some reason, none of my videos load when I login using Chrome. I tried Firefox and it worked fine.

Just a question about this. Do you happen to have adblock, ublock, 'any'block extention installed in chrome? That cuts out video on some pages without you thinking about it normally. I run into that all the time with videos and even live stream sites. Cammodels.com won't even load a models video feed unless i disable uBlock.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
JerryBoBerry said:
Do you happen to have adblock, ublock, 'any'block extention installed in chrome? That cuts out video on some pages without you thinking about it normally.
At the time of my original post I didn't, but I've installed adblock since then so I'll definitely keep that in mind for future reference.

caireen said:
Are you using chrome to check your Mediafire account? For some reason, none of my videos load when I login using Chrome.
I am! That might have been the problem, though it was working fine the first day I uploaded it so I'm not sure.

In any case, I'm using ProjectMaenad now and haven't had any issues so, problem solved! Thanks for your help everyone :-D

Whatever you use, keep a list of the usernames of people who buy videos from you. This way, if you find out too late that a site you're using isn't sex work friendly and all your shit gets deleted, or all your shit gets deleted for any other reason, you know who to give links to. You don't want to make a post on twitter about how you lost all your files and have a bunch of liars try to get your content for free. Of course, in most cases, a customer will save the video to their computer, but some people don't if you're using video hosting that allows them to watch the whole video on their site without downloading the file.

Reactions: FayePotato
It sucks that Cam Redeem isn't operating anymore. When I had been camming, I had used it all the time to store my videos. MediaFire wasn't adult-friendly. I've heard very good things about Project Maenad though, which I believe is run by a cam girl. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.