AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Friendship between a model and a member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt, and I know for a fact some genuine friendships do form. But is this really the place and context to be discussing that in detail, or should that remain more of a private matter? I get it some people need a journal, but why a public one? Who exactly is this thread serving?
Some members on this forum are not your average member. The type of member who would come to a cam modeling forum to discuss it isn't just the average pay and pump member, and is I think more of a hobbyist. I'm including myself in this by the way. We are the cam site version of the guy who sits in his basement all day working on model trains, and it is probably just as healthy and we have as much in the way of social skills as those guys too.

Like the model train guy it can be a lonely hobby because "normal" people don't understand it and you can't really talk about it with anyone. But things happen in the hobby that you find exciting or joyful and want to share those things with other people. Most people can do this about their hobbies or the exciting things that happen to them easily. The cam site hobbyists? We seem to find our way here to Amber's forum. It's a certain subtype of that hobbyist too. We're not comfortable in environments where it's a bunch of guys talking leeringly about women's bodies. So this forum where the real weirdos get chased out but members are still permitted, and we can interact with models and each other is exactly what we're looking for.

But it's not a perfect fit as the borderline obsessive hobbyist talking monomaniacally about their interest can be just as off-putting to an industry person.

Anyway, all that was just to give context to my answer to your questions:

Why in public? I don't think anyone participating in this thread wants to talk about it publicly necessarily. They just want to talk about it with people who understand, and this place is public which makes it easy to find via Google search and join.

And who exactly is this thread serving? Lonely guys who are experiencing a social connection that they find exciting, confusing, and a little dangerous and that they are looking to share their thoughts and feelings on so they feel less alone and can sort through what they're going through.

Basically, this thread and others like it on this forum are a rough fit for guys working to process their social and parasocial relationships with cam models. There's clearly a need for it, these guys land here, and then there's just acrimony and suffering as they look desperately for someone to understand what they're going through, and the models here feel put upon and weirded out by it. It seems like there should be some kind of private hobbyist group for the cam model obsessive to talk about their experiences with each other but that actively excludes the mentally disturbed. I'd set it up myself but honestly I'd rather fall into farm machinery.

Some members on this forum are not your average member. The type of member who would come to a cam modeling forum to discuss it isn't just the average pay and pump member, and is I think more of a hobbyist. I'm including myself in this by the way. We are the cam site version of the guy who sits in his basement all day working on model trains, and it is probably just as healthy and we have as much in the way of social skills as those guys too.

Like the model train guy it can be a lonely hobby because "normal" people don't understand it and you can't really talk about it with anyone. But things happen in the hobby that you find exciting or joyful and want to share those things with other people. Most people can do this about their hobbies or the exciting things that happen to them easily. The cam site hobbyists? We seem to find our way here to Amber's forum. It's a certain subtype of that hobbyist too. We're not comfortable in environments where it's a bunch of guys talking leeringly about women's bodies. So this forum where the real weirdos get chased out but members are still permitted, and we can interact with models and each other is exactly what we're looking for.

But it's not a perfect fit as the borderline obsessive hobbyist talking monomaniacally about their interest can be just as off-putting to an industry person.

Why in public? I don't think anyone participating in this thread wants to talk about it publicly necessarily. They just want to talk about it with people who understand, and this place is public which makes it easy to find via Google search and join.

And who exactly is this thread serving? Lonely guys who are experiencing a social connection that they find exciting, confusing, and a little dangerous and that they are looking to share their thoughts and feelings on so they feel less alone and can sort through what they're going through.

Basically, this thread and others like it on this forum are a rough fit for guys working to process their social and parasocial relationships with cam models. There's clearly a need for it, these guys land here, and then there's just acrimony and suffering as they look desperately for someone to understand what they're going through, and the models here feel put upon and weirded out by it. It seems like there should be some kind of private hobbyist group for the cam model obsessive to talk about their experiences with each other but that actively excludes the mentally disturbed. I'd set it up myself but honestly I'd rather fall
Wow to be cam model hobbyists you all must be super rich to be compensating us fairly for all the time and entertainment you take. I’m glad you’re so wealthy.

It sounds like you are trying to say this is some kind of men’s support group. Cool. But again I still think it’s weird. Because of the context!

Also please don’t infer there’s anything wrong with guys who pump and dump. They are great undemanding, and not constant drama. They use the sites properly, and for what they are for. Just because you see yourself as special or different doesn’t mean there’s a single damned thing wrong with them. Even if you, for some strange reason, look down on that.

Long live public support groups where things are processed publically and yet the rest of the forum members, who know more about the topic, aren’t allowed balanced input. Super healthy.

ETA; also those were not literal questions. They were metaphorical ones aimed directly at OP. Who has even admitted that in hindsight he wished he never started the thread.

Last edited:

Basically, this thread and others like it on this forum are a rough fit for guys working to process their social and parasocial relationships with cam models. There's clearly a need for it, these guys land here, and then there's just acrimony and suffering as they look desperately for someone to understand what they're going through, and the models here feel put upon and weirded out by it. It seems like there should be some kind of private hobbyist group for the cam model obsessive to talk about their experiences with each other but that actively excludes the mentally disturbed. I'd set it up myself but honestly I'd rather fall into farm machinery.
As the guy who started this thread, I will admit that I do cringe when I go back and read the initial post I made. However, some good opinions were aired during the course of the thread which helped me (at least) change my view and become a wee bit more cynical and pragmatic about the "friendship" thing.

I agree with Inertvolcano. We talk about it here because there is nowhere else to talk about it. I guess that irks models, which is understandable, however I still think it's valuable to some extent. It's weird, but it's not always exploitative. I can only speak for myself though. I'm sure there are wealthy guys out there who take advantage of the situation. I'm also sure there are manipulative models out there who also take advantage of the situation. For those reasons alone, a lot of the views aired in this thread might be useful to someone - if not now then in the future - in the same way that a lot of the back tattoo post might be helpful to someone at some time.

This thread would have probably lain dormant if it weren't for Bill's post. That combined with the recent post where the guy was being scammed was enough for me to reply to Bill's post to ensure that he wasn't paying for her Budgie's fourth hip replacement in a month which is what has caused this post to sputter into life again.

Just to additionally add; Also to me this whole thread has a “wow sex workers are people too vibe” mixed in with a weird exploitative amateur researcher vibe. Which I find rude.

I’ll use a group I’m part of as an example. I would never go to a forum of Italian Americans and make a thread basically saying; “Wow Italian Americans are people too. I even have one as a friend. They are normal, I swear, they totally aren’t a mobster. And here’s the reasons why … blah, blah, blah”

That to me wouldn’t be something that helps that example sub group or stereotypes out. That would be more rude, patronizing, weird, and completely tone deaf.

And I’d fully expect for it to get with suspicion and distaste if I did something like that.

Last edited:
Just to additionally add; Also to me this whole thread has a “wow sex workers are people too vibe” mixed in with a weird exploitative amateur researcher vibe. Which I find rude.

I’ll use a group I’m part of as an example. I would never go to a forum of Italian Americans and make a thread basically saying; “Wow Italian Americans are people too. I even have one as a friend. They are normal, I swear, they totally aren’t a mobster. And here’s the reasons why … blah, blah, blah”

That to me wouldn’t be something that helps that example sub group out. That would be more rude, patronizing, weird, and completely tone deaf. Context.
Agreed, there was a fair bit of that which wasn't great. Personally, I learned a lot from the input from the models which helped me revise some of my initial views. I think there is a lot of good advice in this thread, and ultimately the subject will come up time and time again in the future, so hopefully some of it will be helpful. However, I agree there was a lot of not so useful viewpoints and opinions aired as well. Not all of them were aired maliciously but that doesn't mean they weren't ill-informed.

This is a real bummer. I thought we had a good rapport so to have my reply taken in the most uncharitable and worst possible way really sucks. You put a lot of words into my mouth that I didn't say and never meant to imply.

Wow to be cam model hobbyists you all must be super rich to be compensating us fairly for all the time and entertainment you take. I’m glad you’re so wealthy.

That's making unfair assumptions about what I meant, as I never said or meant to imply that models not be compensated. I personally do compensate the models I interact with fairly. I'm not super rich, but I live comfortably and I am glad to pay the models I interact with. I don't want this to sound like a humble brag or anything, but I feel like you're taking a personal shot at me and implying that I don't compensate models. I do.

It sounds like you are trying to say this is some kind of men’s support group. Cool. But again I still think it’s weird. Because of the context!

See, my tone was meant to be conversational. We're agreeing. I'm saying that some men are treating this like a support group, and models would understandably think that's weird.

Also please don’t infer there’s anything wrong with guys who pump and dump. They are great undemanding, and not constant drama. They use the sites properly, and for what they are for. Just because you see yourself as special or different doesn’t mean there’s a single damned thing wrong with them. Even if you, for some strange reason, look down on that.

I never said that and never meant to imply it. I was making a distinction but not saying one was better than the other. You're leaping to the worst conclusion about what I said. I am a pump and dumper myself sometimes. I am just saying there are different types of members who look for different things, without making any judgment about that difference.

Long live public support groups where things are processed publically and yet the rest of the forum members, who know more about the topic, aren’t allowed balanced input. Super healthy.

I never said other members weren't allowed input nor did I mean to imply it. I have always valued the input of models and think their contributions to every conversation are extremely valuable. I was talking about what I think is the cause of friction in this thread and others. Again, I think we are actually agreeing.

ETA; also those were not literal questions. They were metaphorical ones aimed directly at OP. Who has even admitted that in hindsight he wished he never started the thread.

I know. I was using your questions as a conversational jumping off point. This is a discussion board and I was trying to participate in the discussion. I'm sad that it turned out this way.

This is a real bummer. I thought we had a good rapport so to have my reply taken in the most uncharitable and worst possible way really sucks. You put a lot of words into my mouth that I didn't say and never meant to imply.

That's making unfair assumptions about what I meant, as I never said or meant to imply that models not be compensated. I personally do compensate the models I interact with fairly. I'm not super rich, but I live comfortably.

See, my tone was meant to be conversational. We're agreeing. I'm saying that some men are treating this like a support group, and models would understandably think that's weird.

I never said that and never meant to imply it. I was making a distinction but not saying one was better than the other. You're leaping to the worst conclusion about what I said. I am a pump and dumper myself sometimes. I am just saying there are different types of members who look for different things, without making any judgment about that difference.

I never said other members weren't allowed input nor did I mean to imply it. I have always valued the input of models and think their contributions to every conversation are extremely valuable. I was talking about what I think is the cause of friction in this thread and others. Again, I think we are actually agreeing.

I know. I was using your questions as a conversational jumping off point. This is a discussion board and I was trying to participate in the discussion. I'm sad that it turned out this way.
I’m just responding honestly. I’m sorry you are sad. I didn’t see my response as a conversation ender. But I do know I’m a bit blunt for some people 🤷‍♀️

To be honest I was kind of trying to exit the conversation not get pulled back in. So I did kind of roll my eyes seeing you answered my questions. I get it this is a personal topic to you, but it is to me also. Deeply personal. So like I intimated earlier I can’t and won’t share all I have to say in this public context.

You guys have feelings. We have feelings too.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
You're right. I do kind of wish I hadn't started it, or at least hadn't started it in the manner that I did. I came across as a bit pompous (which anyone who knows me would hopefully tell you is not something that I'm prone to be) and got a bit carried away with the intial post and some of my follow on posts. I still think that a lot of the responses it provoked are useful though. There is plenty advice on these forums for the guys who are head over heels in love with models (although granted, not a lot of it seems to be heeded, despite them being the ones asking for advice) but this thread was meant to be more about the guys who weren't love struck or even for those who were en route to being love struck but still had time to avoid falling into that trap. I don't think it really served either of those purposes in the end and just got a bit acrimonious, which is what I regret more than the differences in opinion. I think the differences in opinion were quite healthy.

Hobbyist is a term used in Sex work (primarily full service sex work) to describe a paticular kind of problematic customer who treat sex workers like sport and write awful mysoginistic dehumanizing reviews about them.

Because cam models are also sex workers, I would HIGHLY suggest you avoid using that term to describe how you view and interact with models.

I get your point, but again, this is a big part of the problem on both sides of the discussion.

We shouldn’t take it upon ourselves to publicly dissect the lifestyle or personality traits of large subsets of people we’ve never met (members or models). It’s not helpful. As Marie pointed out, it can be insulting. People get hostile when they feel like they’re defending themselves against a mostly imagined, negative caricature of themselves. I know I did.

Truth is, none of us have the slightest clue about the day-to-day lives or (beyond what they reveal if they come here) the mental issues of others. And that’s how it should be.

If I wrote a detailed, metaphorical take on the lifestyle and psychological state of a large group of strangers with unique life situations, I’d be talking out of my ass. Even if I ended up being correct, that’s rude and reckless, and possibly even directly harmful. Just my two cents.

Basically I woke up this morning and decided to make a long winded and poorly thought out post on a thread I'd written off as an irradiated zone, for some reason thinking that I'd earned enough goodwill through my participation here that even if I missed the mark I'd avoid the kind of pillorying that happens in this forum when someone puts their stupid foot in their stupid mouth and I was wrong. I apologize for my post, for all hurt feelings, for any harm it caused, and promise it will never happen again.

Basically I woke up this morning and decided to make a long winded and poorly thought out post on a thread I'd written off as an irradiated zone, for some reason thinking that I'd earned enough goodwill through my participation here that even if I missed the mark I'd avoid the kind of pillorying that happens in this forum when someone puts their stupid foot in their stupid mouth and I was wrong. I apologize for my post, for all hurt feelings, for any harm it caused, and promise it will never happen again.

Just difficult when there's so many

>>Viewers going to platforms, for different reasons.
>>Models and models rooms being different. and broadcasting for different reasons.
>>Reasons for using these forums being different.

You are not the first person who posted something they regretted. Believe me. Mea culpa.

"Hobbyist" also is a term used by some clients of RL sex workers to describe themselves. It basically refers to someone who is really into commercial sex, generally as often as he can afford it. They have an online subculture like the incels and MRAs with their own jargon. The whole tone is at the very least objectifying women using feature ratings and flat-out insulting terms and acronyms. Some of them share advice on manipulating escorts for advantage or simply to be hurtful.

Hobbyist is a term used in Sex work (primarily full service sex work) to describe a paticular kind of problematic customer who treat sex workers like sport and write awful mysoginistic dehumanizing reviews about them.

Because cam models are also sex workers, I would HIGHLY suggest you avoid using that term to describe how you view and interact with models.
What do you call a broadcaster who used to be online all the time. But now only goes on when they desire to be watched. Then will go offline for months on end until a urge arises again.

Just difficult when there's so many

>>Viewers going to platforms, for different reasons.
>>Models and models rooms being different. and broadcasting for different reasons.
>>Reasons for using these forums being different.
Everyone is different. So as long as we don't judge and belittle each other.... Unless someone is a truly toxic individual regardless what side of the keyboard they are on that should just be ignored and blocked in all ways possible.

I've seen many toxic users. I've seen many toxic broadcasters. I don't associate myself with any of them. Just not worth the cringe feeling.

Last edited:
What do you call a broadcaster who used to be online all the time. But now only goes on when they desire to be watched. Then will go offline for months on end until a urge arises again.
I .. don't know? I'm so confused by this comment? Is this a dig at me because I don't cam anymore? Or .. I am missing something.

My point was just making folks aware that "hobbyist" is a term in sex work that carries a specific meaning so using it in regards to members habits could cause confusion and unintended negative connotations.

I .. don't know? Im so confused by this comment? Is this a dig at me because I don't cam anymore?

My point was just making folks aware that "hobbyist" is a term in sex work so using it in regards to members habits could cause confusion and unintended negative connotations.
I don't know who you are. I do not know your online life story as it is non of my business. Never been to any streaming site you may be a member of. Not sure why you see this as a dig on yourself.

It's a legitimate inquiry. When a person who goes from streaming all the time to now only when they want to be seen to fill some desire. Would they now be considered as an exhibitionist?

I don't know who you are. I do not know your online life story as it is non of my business. Never been to any streaming site you may be a member of. Not sure why you see this as a dig on yourself.

It's a legitimate inquiry. When a person who goes from streaming all the time to now only when they want to be seen to fill some desire. Would they now be considered as an exhibitionist?
That's why I was so confused. It seemed so out of left field which is why I was wondering if it was a dig because it made no sense. Glad it wasn't but I'm still confused. What does this have to do with the term Hobbyists in Sex Work?

I just came here to explain the SW term hobbyist. Nothing else. *awkward exit stage right*

That's why I was so confused. It seemed so out of left field which is why I was wondering if it was a dig because it made no sense. Glad it wasn't but I'm still confused. What does this have to do with the term Hobbyists in Sex Work?

I just came here to explain the SW term hobbyist. Nothing else. *awkward exit stage right*
I guess the thought just crossed the mind momentarily when I seen the word hobbyist without putting 2 and 2 together with the SW term of hobbyist.

Disregard.
hide.gif

Edit....

Most of what is typed on ACF by non broadcasters is confusing. Just random thoughts that come out of ones mind onto a keyboard. Including my own.
I used to get a good laugh from the 'I've fallen in love' threads. Now they are just cringe.

Last edited:
I guess the thought just crossed the mind momentarily when I seen the word hobbyist without putting 2 and 2 together with the SW term of hobbyist.

Disregard.
View attachment 94490

Edit....

Most of what is typed on ACF by non broadcasters is confusing. Just random thoughts that come out of ones mind onto a keyboard. Including my own.
I used to get a good laugh from the 'I've fallen in love' threads. Now they are just cringe.
No worries! I dunno what label i would give that person. I know I have heard men who cam primarily for attention rather than $$ "hobby wankers" 🙃

I think this is the thread that everyone loves to hate but also secretly enjoys a little because it keeps going off at interesting tangents. :rofl:

Reactions: Taxistheft
damn now I have to read it all, lol. I've read some single posts here and there and got confused. Snickers Ice cream time!

After 3 Years being a viewer I have to say I needed a little time to understand this whole Camming thing. The fact that cb, sc and lj place their advertisements mostly on illegal pirating and torrent exchange forums doesn't really help. Visiting those sites, you are in a strange state where you precieve everything as fake and for free. IMO that accounts for the legions of gray users who would never pay anything for something they get from the internet. So this might partially account for the misunderstanding some viewers have about the models being normal humans. I actually thought for years that all these adverts of camming sites are a fake. Only when a real life friend invited me to her room I realized that this is a real thing. Being a performer myself the appreciation of what models do came quite fast to me. I dont want to defend any misbehavior but we all make mistakes. The important part is to listen and be able to modify ones perspective from time to time.

damn now I have to read it all, lol. I've read some single posts here and there and got confused. Snickers Ice cream time!

After 3 Years being a viewer I have to say I needed a little time to understand this whole Camming thing. The fact that cb, sc and lj place their advertisements mostly on illegal pirating and torrent exchange forums doesn't really help. Visiting those sites, you are in a strange state where you precieve everything as fake and for free. IMO that accounts for the legions of gray users who would never pay anything for something they get from the internet. So this might partially account for the misunderstanding some viewers have about the models being normal humans. I actually thought for years that all these adverts of camming sites are a fake. Only when a real life friend invited me to her room I realized that this is a real thing. Being a performer myself the appreciation of what models do came quite fast to me. I dont want to defend any misbehavior but we all make mistakes. The important part is to listen and be able to modify ones perspective from time to time.
I see the camming community as a niche society that exists in many ecosystems (rooms) that eventually cross over to each other.
Such as one broadcaster making friends with another broadcaster and they do a crossover with each other and continue to collaborate with each other in 1 way or another.

I think we all have stages we go through as we interact with new cam models. The "finding the boundaries" stage can be challenging. The jealously stage is the one that will get you banned, and maybe it should. In an earlier thread a man asked about coping mechanisms for jealousy with your cam girl.
I have a not so unique approach...I tell her I'm jealous...If she is 1/20 the person I think she is she will respond with something like "Get Over it" and smile to show she still appreciates it.
I could see this from @AmberCutie 😂😂
Win - Win

P.S. Let's assume for a minute that she's in business to make money.

I think we all have stages we go through as we interact with new cam models. The "finding the boundaries" stage can be challenging. The jealously stage is the one that will get you banned, and maybe it should. In an earlier thread a man asked about coping mechanisms for jealousy with your cam girl.
I have a not so unique approach...I tell her I'm jealous...If she is 1/20 the person I think she is she will respond with something like "Get Over it" and smile to show she still appreciates it.
I could see this from @AmberCutie 😂😂
Win - Win

P.S. Let's assume for a minute that she's in business to make money.
You're on a cam site where the model's job is to perform for numerous different customers during their shift. If you are jealous, or even think that "the jealousy stage" is a genuine and reasonable thing then you shouldn't be visiting cam sites. If I'm in my friends room and someone takes her private or tips her a huge amount then I'm over the moon for her, not getting green around the gills about it.

Reactions: Sashacurves
You're on a cam site where the model's job is to perform for numerous different customers during their shift. If you are jealous, or even think that "the jealousy stage" is a genuine and reasonable thing then you shouldn't be visiting cam sites. If I'm in my friends room and someone takes her private or tips her a huge amount then I'm over the moon for her, not getting green around the gills about it.

Yes.. but its not as clear as you write.. you write about 'perform for payment' .. yes this is their job.
And should be no jealousy issues with the job being done..

But there are a lot of other things.. not just performing for payments.

Things like (hypothetical example).. days of free chat on Instagram.. to hope they end up in a broadcast room and paying..
And calling them "love' on Instagram.. etc etc..

Where are boundary's drawn?.............
(hypothetical question for others / I knows where our boundaries are drawn)

Yes.. but its not as clear as you write.. you write about 'perform for payment' .. yes this is their job.
And should be no jealousy issues with the job being done..

But there are a lot of other things.. not just performing for payments.

Things like (hypothetical example).. days of free chat on Instagram.. to hope they end up in a broadcast room and paying..
And calling them "love' on Instagram.. etc etc..

Where are boundary's drawn?.............
(hypothetical question for others / I knows where our boundaries are drawn)
Firstly, I didn't use the term "perform for payment", I said "perform" which surely covers all of the other unpaid pieces as well. However, the point I was making was very simple. If you come to a camsite and get jealous because a performer is interacting with other members then somewhere along the line you've failed to understand the basics of the corner of the internet you've chosen to wander into.

Reactions: Sashacurves
I think jealousy and envy (they're quite different but often confused with each other) are very common in so many human interactions.
Consciously or unconsciously we tend to compare what we have with what someone else has, and fear losing something that we value.
But how those thoughts and feelings influence behavior is the key thing.
Add in aspects of explicit sexuality, familiarity, perceptions of power, and status, and it can become dysfunctional very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.