AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting out of IM to go to Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2014
Hey all :)

I am trying to figure out how to get out of IM so that I can go directly to Streamate! I had no idea IM used streamate since they use it as 'livecam.com' If anybody has any help i nthis direction, so I dont have to wait a year, please help me out! I havent started working or anything with them yet, just signed up and everything. Thanks!

HelloTitties9 said:
Hey all :)

I am trying to figure out how to get out of IM so that I can go directly to Streamate! I had no idea IM used streamate since they use it as 'livecam.com' If anybody has any help i nthis direction, so I dont have to wait a year, please help me out! I havent started working or anything with them yet, just signed up and everything. Thanks!

Wish I could help and hope someone on here has some clever way to do that. Another model I know decided to get out of her studio by quitting SM and using MFC for a year, but eventually went back after a month. Studios are, IMHO, leaches when they don't even provide a place to cam.

If you worked for a studio and signed a contract with them saying that you wouldn't stream on SM for a year after you stopped working for that particular studio, there's nothing you can do (as far as I'm aware.) It's one of the ways that studios try to keep girls from going independent. You'll have to work on another camsite during the next year, and then return to working on SM when the allotted time is up.

Reactions: Nordling
I signed up for Internetmodeling.com, but it says no where you can't work for SM for a year. I just have some others saying that, or so I heard.

HelloTitties9 said:
I signed up for Internetmodeling.com, but it says no where you can't work for SM for a year. I just have some others saying that, or so I heard.

I did a quick Google, and found the Model Agreement you have to sign with Internetmodeling.com (it's available for anyone to read on their website; link is down at the bottom of the page). Under section 5, 'Relationship Between Parties', it states the following:
5.4 Model hereby appoints AGENCY as his/her exclusive representative CLIENTS for the entire duration of this agreement. Upon the termination of this agreement, Model unconditionally agrees not to work for CLIENTS or their affiliates, either directly or indirectly, for a period of one year.
So if Internetmodeling.com is affiliated with SM, or you worked on SM through them, then you are absolutely prohibited from streaming independently on SM for a whole year. Since you put your name on this contract, you are held to it legally, and they could pursue legal action if you break the terms.

One way to get out of it, which a lot of models have done in the past in your situation, is join Dailypay. They take a very small percent (I think 2% or 5%), but offer daily pay. They were at one point known for this.... However Dailypay has had some sketchiness in the last several months. Maybe some current Dailypay members can chime in on how its going now?

Reactions: HelloTitties9
Camgirl said:
One way to get out of it, which a lot of models have done in the past your situation, is join Dailypay. They take a very small percent (I think 2%), but offer daily pay. They were at one point known for this.... However Dailypay has had some sketchiness in the last several months. Maybe some current Dailypay members can chime in on how its going now?

Wouldn't that count as working for clients/affiliates indirectly, and so break the agreement she signed, since she'd still be streaming on SM? It sounds a bit sketchy and borderline to me. Plus the downsides of joining another shady studio/still getting a percentage of her earnings cut (even if it wasn't against the contract). I dunno. :think:

Thanks all! :D I thought that there would be a way out of it, since nowhere did it say Streamate or who they worked for. When talking to them, they say its, "Livecam.com", so tricks you into working for them. I would love to hear more about dailypay??

I just think there has got to be a way out of it. I see others doing it, I just dunno how to. Otherwise, I dont know who to work for thats like Streamate lol

HelloTitties9 said:
Thanks all! :D I thought that there would be a way out of it, since nowhere did it say Streamate or who they worked for. When talking to them, they say its, "Livecam.com", so tricks you into working for them.
Livecam.com is a white label of Streamate. There are hundreds of these, and it's one of the reasons SM has such great traffic. So signing with Internetmodeling definitely affiliates you with SM, since it's the 'parent site'.

HelloTitties9 said:
I would love to hear more about dailypay??
Get verified as a model (instructions are HERE), there's more info on it inside of Models Only. :thumbleft:

Edit: The other girls you see 'getting out of it' probably just didn't read their contract OR don't care about breaking it. Neither of which are good ideas! If you're really intent on trying to get out of the contract, it's probably best to contact the studio admins to see what can be done.

As for sites like Streamate, I'll admit that there aren't many that have the same traffic/earning potential. I've heard good things about Cams.com, and you could always try a token/tip based site like MFC or Chaturbate.

GemmaMoore said:
Camgirl said:
One way to get out of it, which a lot of models have done in the past your situation, is join Dailypay. They take a very small percent (I think 2%), but offer daily pay. They were at one point known for this.... However Dailypay has had some sketchiness in the last several months. Maybe some current Dailypay members can chime in on how its going now?

Wouldn't that count as working for clients/affiliates indirectly, and so break the agreement she signed, since she'd still be streaming on SM? It sounds a bit sketchy and borderline to me. Plus the downsides of joining another shady studio/still getting a percentage of her earnings cut (even if it wasn't against the contract). I dunno. :think:

I am not sure how, but I do know that Vanessa has assisted with this in the past. Just sharing some information for her that has been used and worked in the past to get out of studios.

Camgirl said:
GemmaMoore said:
Camgirl said:

I am not sure how, but I do know that Vanessa has assisted with this in the past. Just sharing some information for her that has been used and worked in the past to get out of studios.

How do I get ahold of Vanessa??

HelloTitties9 said:
Camgirl said:
GemmaMoore said:
Camgirl said:

You should get model status like Gemma suggested, as there is more info in the models only section that can help you.

:)

Reactions: BarbieLuv
Camgirl said:
HelloTitties9 said:
Camgirl said:
GemmaMoore said:
Camgirl said:

You should get model status like Gemma suggested, as there is more info in the models only section that can help you.

:)

I am :D But, she wont approve it until Friday, or sometime next Tuesday or Friday. I really wanted to try to start working as soon as possible :p

HelloTitties9 said:
I am :D But, she wont approve it until Friday, or sometime next Tuesday or Friday. I really wanted to try to start working as soon as possible :p

I understand that you most likely need to make money in the interim, and it's nothing personal, but giving out Vanessa's contact info to a non-verified model doesn't seem right. I promise getting into Model's Only will be worth it's weight in gold and helpful info though, it'll be well worth the wait! :thumbleft:

In the meantime, you could sign up with another camsite that isn't affiliated with SM (I recommend MFC) and be back to work as soon as Thursday, depending on how fast they process your application. :)

HelloTitties9 said:

Also, below is from a public post regarding BoleynModels studio, which is cammodel owned and operated (some girls here use and like) regarding signing up there. My understanding is they only take a cut if you do the daily pay option. They also do not hold you to a non-compete clause, so if you want out you have no issues. They have some other great features as well. If you google the studio name you can find more out!

Good luck. I made the mistake of signing up with a studio when I started camming almost 6 years ago, so I hope you are able to find a way out!

I'm in a studio contract, can I join you?
In some cases yes, but this is highly variable depending on your individual circumstances. Please email us and give us details and we'll help you as best we can. These questions are generally integrated into the signup forms also, so you can just fill out the form and be sure not to "forget" any info.

Camgirl said:
HelloTitties9 said:

Also, below is from a public post regarding BoleynModels studio, which is cammodel owned and operated (some girls here use and like) regarding signing up there. My understanding is they only take a cut if you do the daily pay option. They also do not hold you to a non-compete clause, so if you want out you have no issues. They have some other great features as well. If you google the studio name you can find more out!

Good luck. I made the mistake of signing up with a studio when I started camming almost 6 years ago, so I hope you are able to find a way out!

In some cases yes, but this is highly variable depending on your individual circumstances. Please email us and give us details and we'll help you as best we can. These questions are generally integrated into the signup forms also, so you can just fill out the form and be sure not to "forget" any info.

Thank you! I hate making mistakes haha way of life though! I will email Vanessa, and look into that studio :D

Reactions: Camgirl
HelloTitties9 said:
Camgirl said:
HelloTitties9 said:

Thank you! I hate making mistakes haha way of life though! I will email Vanessa, and look into that studio :D

Don't beat yourself up. You are not the first person to sign up with a studio without fully understanding the contract. If I were new to camming with little experience regarding certain related terminologies I may have interpreted that blip in the contract where it said "CLIENTS" as the actual members of the camsite. It happens. There are some very successful models on this forum that actually signed up with IM when they first started and later had to figure out how to get out of it. Once you get model status and search "dailypay" or "Internetmodeling" you will see that!

Good luck!

In a way, these studios sound an awful lot like indentured servitude. They really provide the models almost nothing in return for a fat slice of the models' pay. They take advantage of new models' lack of knowledge about how the industry works. I'd love to see someone with a huge, ugly lawyer do a test case. :)

Pretty much, I will look into MFC, and see what it is all about. If anybody knows anything about daily pay, I would love more information about it :D thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.