AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got religion?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you believe in "God"

• I do not believe in a supernatural deity

Votes: 69 61.1%
  • I believe in a supernatural deity

Votes: 44 38.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the conversation, but highly interested.

I am one of those "maybe" people, but I identify as an agnostic theist. I think there is something out there but I'm not quite sure what it is. I've been described as a deist, so I sometimes use that. However, I'm very secular.

Mostly, I popped my head into this thread to read about peoples experiences with religion and organized religion, but not to debate or discuss the actual existence of God/Gods/Not-God.

I think that the humanistic experience of religion is far more relevant to my interests.

Late to the conversation, but highly interested.

I am one of those "maybe" people, but I identify as an agnostic theist. I think there is something out there but I'm not quite sure what it is. I've been described as a deist, so I sometimes use that. However, I'm very secular.

Mostly, I popped my head into this thread to read about peoples experiences with religion and organized religion, but not to debate or discuss the actual existence of God/Gods/Not-God.

I think that the humanistic experience of religion is far more relevant to my interests.

When you say you believe something is out there. Do you mean something that cares about your well-being, and wants you to go to heaven? Or do you mean more like a natural pull, or source for the way things are? Just curious. I think it's so easy to get caught up into labels when it comes to religion.

I never knew that Kiss = Knights in Satan's Service, or that "Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles was secret code for "LSD."... I actually gave up rock and roll.
I heard my father scream that from the pulpit so many times (the Knights in Satan's Service). Gotta hand it to Kiss, the music may have been a tad mediocre at times, but their ability to make the religious lose their collective minds was epic.

I would LOVE to meet the person who came up with that KnightsInSatan'sService thing. I would beg for their autograph.

Also heard the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds thing a couple times.

(I do like LSD though) and sex (well, I do like sex).
I just love a good acid trip, though it's been a long time for me. And sex isn't half bad either.

I was scared to death of rock, given my indoctrination. Avoided the hell out of it. It scared me.

Policed myself very well, only listened to classical music on an AM station I picked up. But then an album was released that changed all that for me, got me headed down the road to perdition. It was Prince, Purple Rain.

I was scared to death of rock, given my indoctrination. Avoided the hell out of it. It scared me.

For me, that Peter Brothers seminar was pivotal. As they were playing all those records backwards and had the devil lyrics up on the screen I failed to hear it in every one of them. The whole thing lost credibility with me. I think it didn't stick with other members of the church youth group I went with as well. After it was over we all piled back in the van to go home. I started joking about playing one of the songs on my boombox when I got home, Queen's Another One Bites The Dust. Everyone started singing it right there in the van. The adults driving hadn't gotten to the van yet. :D We stopped once they did.

But after that I never put much stock in it. My parents were still against it, hence headphones being worn.

OMG, the tirade she went on about the evils of rock music changed my world.

That was a shitty thing for your teacher to do, and I'm sorry to hear you had to endure that. Sounds like you've moved past it though, so good for you ^_^.

At that time for me I just bought headphones so no one would be able to hear what I was listening to.

Considering the tirade was over a folder, I don't think headphones would've helped the situation.

Reactions: Nordling
I guess the vengeful spiteful thing wasnt as drilled in to my head in my experience. It was more the do a bad thing, go to confession and say sorry, go to church on Sunday. And they were always kind of like, no matter what you do you'll be forgiven if you ask to be. I wasn't taught to be afraid of floods and lightening strikes or whatever.

I was raised Catholic, and yeah. That's Catholicism in a nutshell. Do something wrong, it's cool, just go to confession and say your Hail Mary's and Our Father's. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Show up to mass, splash yourself with holy water, do your aerobics, eat your Jesus cracker, then go to the bar.

It's a bit of an ongoing joke amongst my pagan friends that if we were forced into Christianity, we'd go with Catholicism, because there's so much pagan iconography that it's nearly the same thing (the church adopted many pagan customs to encourage people to convert in the old days), plus that whole confession thing would mean we wouldn't have to change our lifestyles at all, just go to confession, say a rosary, and go do it again.

Reactions: LadyLuna
When you say you believe something is out there. Do you mean something that cares about your well-being, and wants you to go to heaven? Or do you mean more like a natural pull, or source for the way things are? Just curious. I think it's so easy to get caught up into labels when it comes to religion.

I would say that I believe in a sort of "god-machine" or a supernatural process or source for why things are the way they are. I cannot reconcile the idea of an omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent being that is also benevolent. Those things do not work together. I can only accept a "god" who is neutral or isn't sentient.

Typical umm "good" Catholic girl here. That is until I get on cam then I really hope Jesus isn't watching me . I really need to go to confession but can you imagine the look on the priests face when I confess my sins lol.

Typical umm "good" Catholic girl here. That is until I get on cam then I really hope Jesus isn't watching me . I really need to go to confession but can you imagine the look on the priests face when I confess my sins lol.

Give me five minutes to go get ordained into one of those five minute, five dollar insta-priest interweb churches and I'll be all ears.

I guess I'm just an atheist with a god complex. Lol.

Kinda, but not really.

I believe in the power that I see in the natural world and in all individuals. No one has more power than us to enact change in our own lives. I think that's divine.

I am the ruler of my own world, and so are each of you. I'm not going to pray to some outside force for something, I'm just gonna do everything I can to make it happen.

From what I've seen, everything in life is just cause and effect. And I'm the biggest source of cause in my life, not anything else.

We either make it happen or we don't. You're god. I'm god.

I think it's that simple.

Have you ever talked about religion in a camgirls room?

There is one great camgirl that i have had lengthy, and good discussion about theology in. She is bright, and fun to talk to and a real doll. I miss our conversations. She is in school and rarely cams anymore.

There is one great camgirl that i have had lengthy, and good discussion about theology in. She is bright, and fun to talk to and a real doll. I miss our conversations. She is in school and rarely cams anymore.
Not a topic I'd recommend bringing up really.

I still don't allow convos about the Scottish Independence Referendum in my room never mind religion lol. Good way to start a major room battle, and there are only so many times I can stop a fight by flashing my tits.

I take that back lol and replace with Father Jerry I've been such a bad girl lol

It seems I've been outmaneuvered, well played. I will instead start my own religion (HELLO, FEDERAL TAX EXEMPTIONS!!) and declare myself: "His Excellency, The High (as a motherfucker) and Exalted Grand PooBah of the Itinerant Temple of Perpetual Procrastination. And my child, I WILL, hear your confession (weather permitting). Never to reveal your sins to another soul, you can consider my mouth sewn shut (wink, wink).

And LuckySmiles, yes Jesus CAN watch, but he still has to tip for requests. And don't believe his, "BB... I can't tip because my hands are nailed to a plank of wood" nonsense either, because that was clearly NOT the case! (Proof conveniently provided below until You-"We fucking hate fun"-Tube, takes the video down)

This is a recipe for disaster. I try to stay away from politics, and basically anything divisive as well. All though I wish I didn't have to because I love getting other's perspectives on things. And the most interesting thing is when two people think they are disagreeing, but under the surface you can see that they are saying the same thing, and it's only definitions that are dividing them. Like above, where I say agnostics don't exist. Instead of saying what they think is wrong with that statement, most people will just hit dislike, not realizing that they probably agree with me fully and it's simply the terms we don't agree with.

Like I didn't know for the longest time growing up that Christians and Muslims pray to the exact same idea of god. So this whole Muslims inherently hate Christians thing is completely false and media created.

A dead thread I participated in a long time ago. Got Religion? Yeah (sorry about the ego peoples) Just wanted to share:

Ahh. The religion topic. Should I? I think I will.. SO....I grew up in the Southern Pentecostal churches and was a part of the Salvation Army all of my life. When I got to college I joined a campus ministry and got obsessed with scriptures and devoted hours to the bible and bible study groups. I'm a person who likes to learn things in their entirety and wanted know the ins and outs of it all. The more and more I dove into the book though, the more I found a large amount of inconsistencies. I would go ask my elders about it and they'd just be like "It's a mystery child, have faith".....My doubt grew the more I studied. I began to resent the church. I was angry that no one had answers and was very upset to think that everything I believed was a lie. I had devoted my whole life to this. Then decided to live as though I had never had a person tell me anything to believe. I watched a very insightful documentary one day, I wish I could find it, but the guy had the same questions as me and he went around on an endeavor to find out the origin of the bible and how it formed. In his search he found that during that time, many other nations were creating their own religions. People felt lost, people do violent things, it's human nature. They needed a way to make the people less immoral. Something to hope in. Something we could latch onto in hard times. It's genius actually. The law wouldn't have been enough. People don't feel bad about breaking laws. They had to make it more sacred. They needed us to feel convicted about our sins. There were several authors writing the bible. Men like me and you. Matt Mark Luke and John are the same books written by different men who basically read the others and decided, "hey, his writing was ok, but this is how I think it should be expressed". I go with what I feel. I feel energy. I feel love. I know I have manifested events, people, and things into my life with a mere though. I can feel that their is a higher power and so I do believe that. I just don't know. I do know that I won't knock anyone for what they believe. I agree more with someone being a Christian than an atheist though I am neither. I just would feel awfully hopeless in my life if I really believed that this was it, and then blackness. Holy mother of pearl, I've written a short essay here. Shit. I could go on and on and I actually love to talk about this when it is not a debate but rather, a insightful convo. That's my scattered intake on my belief in religion.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
...The more and more I dove into the book though, the more I found a large amount of inconsistencies. I would go ask my elders about it and they'd just be like "It's a mystery child, have faith".....My doubt grew the more I studied. I began to resent the church. I was angry that no one had answers and was very upset to think that everything I believed was a lie. I had devoted my whole life to this. Then decided to live as though I had never had a person tell me anything to believe.
sounds like Satin has his hooks in you.

Reactions: MajesticMelody
On the subject of religion I feel that it is important that I share this....

So, a priest, a minister, and a rabbi walk into a bar, the bartender looks up and says "what is this? a joke?"

Usually when bringing up religion causes tension its because one of the people involved in that conversation is a conservative christian. Not too many of those on MFC.

Or because a lot of MFC members would probably find it a turn-off to be in a chat room where people are talking about God. I mean, who wants to sit there talking about God and quoting Bible scriptures while they're stroking their dick?

Save the religion talk for places that are not sex sites.

Or because a lot of MFC members would probably find it a turn-off to be in a chat room where people are talking about God. I mean, who wants to sit there talking about God and quoting Bible scriptures while they're stroking their dick?

Save the religion talk for places that are not sex sites.
Lol oh I made the mistake one day while stoned and rambling and learned not to ever bring up religion or politics in my room again. InstaSoftie. Actually, just in life in general I've learned to just keep it to myself unless someone walks up to me and is wanting to talk about it openly without swords and a battlefield lol.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.