AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have to buy a new computer, HELP! please

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2013
First, I apologize for my lack of interaction on here, I have been in this forum for over a year. Lost my verification because of not posting. I am normally anti-social but I have to say you ladies helped more than you know with all the information. I've been camming for a little over a year now. :)

So, I've been researching and have yet to find a definite answer. So far, desktop and Mac or an Asus?? Please let me know what the best system is or has been for you??

Thanks so much!!

I just had to replace mine as well and I ended up getting a lil bit of an older iMac. I personally love it and haven't had any problems associated with camming that I could not find the answer to quickly and efficiently (honestly most my problems stem from being new on the Mac). However, a lot of girl really do not like camming from Mac but I think it is a personal preference.

Reactions: AlluringLeah
I know I am a bit late to this, but some questions do need to be asked:

1: Price, what is the max that you are willing to spend.
2: What are you going to do with it:
Examples: just MFC, or video editing. Multiple things at once etc.
3: Location, I ask this because sometimes an external cam is all ways better than the built in one on the computer.

High range example is my computer: Asus Republic of Gamers G750 Series

I hands down suggest a Mac. I use only apple products and none of them *knock on wood* have yet to fail me. I have a Macbook Pro I bought in February of 2012 that is standing strong. I know someone who has a 2006 MBP and it's standing strong as well. Macs are definitely an investment but you automatically get a year of Apple Care and can buy an extra year as well.

But I always suggest, Mac or not, get an external hard drive for clips, photos, etc. This keeps your main system less cluttered and working to the best of its abilities. So no lagging when you cam or overheating!

Hope this helps!

Personally I don't think ASUS is a very good brand.

Apple and Lenovo are good if you want to spend more, and Dell is also decent.

If you think you'd do a lot of photo and video editing (even outside of camming) Apple is the way to go. I've heard that the Mac operating system is not great for camming, mainly because there isn't a driver for the Logitech webcams and you can't use ManyCam. But, if you use Bootcamp on a Mac, you can use Windows and all of that stuff will work just fine.

Lenovo is another great brand, a lot of computer programmers I know prefer this brand. A higher end model will probably be overkill if anything. Dell used to be known for being cheap, but they have done a 180, and they have gained a lot of respect over the years.

Reactions: AlluringLeah
Status
Not open for further replies.