AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever snuck candy into a movie theater?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but we had a cinematheque with periodic screenings.

Gotcha. Was thinking that was a late 70's movie. Think it ran for something like 25 years before being taken out of the theaters.

I use to bring candy in...but then I realized that the reason the food was marked up in cost was because the theater wasn’t making enough money off of showing the movies alone.

So I always buy at least a soda when I go to the theater now. Or a beer if they have a bar.
Whaaaa some theaters have bars????? Where the fck have i been lol

I pretty much always sneak in candy. No sense in paying 5x markup for candy that isn't even what I really want, when there's a supermarket down the street. I always buy popcorn and soda at the concession counter, though, because there really is no substitute for movie theater popcorn.

When I worked for a major theater chain, the official-but-unspoken stance was that people bringing in outside refreshments was mostly fine, as long as it wasn't a full bar or picnic dinner.
I would always buy the boxed candy at the dollar store and take cans of soda in my purse and sneak it in lol but usually end up buying the popcorn cuz i am obsessed with the butter they put on it lol

Reactions: zippypinhead
Whaaaa some theaters have bars????? Where the fck have i been lol

Oh yeah. Big change in the theater industry. Reclining, heated seats. Bar, more food choices such as pizza, giant pretzels, nachos, etc. It's a nice way for them to help bring people back to the theaters.

I'm also a member of the AMC theater A-List. $20/month for up to three movies a week at any AMC theaters, including new releases. Two movies a month, and it's paid for itself. Yep, snacks and such are expensive. But, given I see 5-6 movies a month, ehh I don't mind. Also, the concessions is where the theaters actually make their money.

Reactions: Gen
I would always buy the boxed candy at the dollar store and take cans of soda in my purse and sneak it in lol but usually end up buying the popcorn cuz i am obsessed with the butter they put on it lol

I think greasy movie theater popcorn is my favorite salty snack. I could finish a whole bag in a single sitting. It's a good thing I don't go to the movies very often, or there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to support my own weight.

Reactions: Gen
Well, the best is going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show screening. We sneaked just about everything to that. The usher would ask “What do you need rice for?” and we’d go like :”Hello, Brad and Janet are getting married, move away!”. The damn good nineties:)

If you're seeing Rocky, you gotta have SUPPLIES.

Didn't that come out long before then too?

It was showing every Friday at Billy Joe's until the theater part of the establishment closed in 2007. People love their cult classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.