AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you maintained your resolution thus far?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason314

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 14, 2010
Yep, it's been one month since the beginning of 2011. Have you all met your exercise quotas, or cut down on procrastination, or visited the gym five or more times a week, or whatever, for the month of January at least?

Myself, I've kept my resolution of not spending any money on lottery tickets, but the rest is still being worked on.

err not really.. failed my drivers test and still dont have a intership.. those were the only two things i had in mind..
however.. i will be starting salsa dance lessons somewhere in may :D yaay

I did! My resolution was to start twittering, and I'm still twittering.

Well now let's see

Give up smoking - Failed - got given 500 for Christmas which it would have been a waste to throw out

Clean out storage room - Attempted - One small bag of rubbish now sitting in hall instead of store

Get my house on the market to sell by Easter - not yet started

Repaint bedroom - Begun - Well paint and brushes purchased

All in all pretty much a failure so I henceforth declare January to have been an unofficial part of 2010 and that the new year officially begins today.

That's not cheating is it?

(Incidentally I put down some of these failures to having discovered MFC and shortly after Amber's forum at the beginning of Jan)

Yep.
1280*1024.

Okaaay.

Mostly.
Sticking to diet - another kilo down since the beginning of the year, maybe another 3 to go, till I hit my goal weight.

Basically calorie counting. Not planning on stopping, it's so much easier to do everything when I'm not carrying around an extra quarter of my bodyweight.

Yes! I joined a gym and pole dancing classes. I don't like throwing away money so when I have to pay for something I definitely plan to stick with it. I have missed a few yoga classes lately since I just moved into a house AND my dog has been sick, but as soon as doggie is back to normal I will be back to fitness. I did go to pole dancing last night so I am sore as hell right now.

I didn't have any set resolutions but definitely some goals, I've started running again and already made some awesome improvements. I want to get in bad ass shape and then send some photo sets to playboy. Yep that's my life goal, to end up in playboy smeh. :/

I called them "hopes" since resolutions are scary. Taken from my blog week 1 of January:
AmberCutie said:
With the new year comes many hopes. Hopes that I'll have a healthier and pain-free year. Hopes that my MFC time will be fun, profitable and consistent. Hopes that I can strive and succeed at being in the top 20 each month (or as many months as possible!) Hopes that I can continue to make and keep such wonderful Internet friends.

So I've already failed on the top 20 thing, but I had to sacrifice that in order to keep the MFC time being fun part. Even with cutting a big chunk of tokens out of my monthly goal, it's still profitable (well, it'll pay the bills), and I still need to work on the consistency thing.

I made an impromptu delayed resolution to cut back/cut out candy and mt dew. I'm 2 1/2 weeks into that. hazaa

try to make my place look like I actually live there instead of just a computer tv bed and everything else thrown where ever- Yes I have worked on this and still working at it.

I guess its a resolution to work out more, or just to remain consistant, and I have gone 4-6 days a week depending.

i made my highest check evar so that was one that i kept too
i havent worked out much at all as of late... ive been on cam alot and had a lot of personal tragedy come my way in january so i dont feel that bad about it
but i did give up starbucks except for once a week! which is saving me lots of money. and calories lol
so i guess i kinda sorta have but not perfectly but hey its a new month :)

Yes - I have. My resolution is to post a new entry on my blog each day of this year. I have finished January and hope to keep on going one day at a time for the rest of the year. I made the resolution in order to improve my writing and to get back to keeping a schedule because my life in general would benefit from doing that.

Failed Miserably. Wanted to quit smoking but had one as soon as I woke up on new years day. SO yeah I basically quit for 8 hours :shock:

And to make it worse I was on cam at midnight when i stubbed out my last smoke, all motivated going "YEAH! I'M GONNA DO THIS! RRAAHHH". Everyone got mad at me when I logged in and lit up the next day :oops:

You have one of those electronic ciggies don't you Indi? Has that not helped?

My resolution was lame.. to buy a hitachi. I haven't done so yet after having a shite month earnings wise (my own fault) but I've got another 11 months so I'm not panicking!

My number one was to get a job ( a not in front of the computer naked job), which I did. I'm pretty excited to start!

and my number two was to bang a girl. Which I have yet to do...unless you count in my dreams because I had a steamy g/g dream last night :love1:

A later resolution was to kick ass and take names camming wise...which I did start doing but I am no fun when I am sick... and I feel sooooooo gross right now.

So far yes. My resolution is to not drink again until I turn 21, and am legally able to do so. 8 months left.

Epic fail on my part, but it's not for lack of wanting to. Health issues got in the way of my exercise. Hopefuly February will be better.

Not yet ! i been soo busy.. so i decided to start my new year from Chinese New Year which is today (3rd feb)
That means i dont need to feel guilty about exercise, healthy eating, or generall busyness throughout the whole of jan :D

Sneaky huh? :D

Mine was to clear debt, and I've already cleared the tax I owed which wasn't meant to be paid off until March. :D
Going to try knock one of the credit cards off next, one of them the interest is so high, the minimum payment just covers the interest so it never clears anything off it, it's been maxed out for like 3 years now!

I also planned to take more pictures, but that's failed seeing as I only got one set done in January. :(

AngelicTease said:
Mine was to clear debt, and I've already cleared the tax I owed which wasn't meant to be paid off until March. :D
Going to try knock one of the credit cards off next, one of them the interest is so high, the minimum payment just covers the interest so it never clears anything off it, it's been maxed out for like 3 years now!

I also planned to take more pictures, but that's failed seeing as I only got one set done in January. :(

Pay off the minimums on all but the card with the highest interest rate.
Then once that hits zero, go to the others.
This gets you paid off fastest.
See if you can transfer from the highest interest cards to lower interest ones.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/?tab=1&dd has some good advice - as do the forums on that site.

Though I suspect you've done this.
Debt is annoying.
Good luck!

FifthElephant said:
AngelicTease said:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/?tab=1&dd has some good advice - as do the forums on that site.

Debt is annoying.
Good luck!

THIS !!!!! and it seems like it takes forever but it's the fastest way.

GreatDane said:
FifthElephant said:
AngelicTease said:

Debt is annoying.
Good luck!

THIS !!!!! and it seems like it takes forever but it's the fastest way.

Yay someone else that uses MSE hiii *waves*

I only have two credit cards, both are pretty much the same, but one has about £4000 on it, and the one I want to clear has £2000, so I'm trying to clear the £2000 first and then up the minimum payments for the other one.
I've tried getting one of the 0% credit cards where it lasts 16 months or whatever, and got rejected coz the credit rating sucks. :( Actually the reason I got credit card number 2 was to move the debt from the first credit card, but then I ended up maxing that out too with my shopping problem. :oops: That one was only about £2000 at first, but they keep upping the limit every year and coz I have such a problem I keep spending it.

I'm going to try cam my arse(and tits and flange!) off for 4 months to try make £500 extra each month to clear the £2000 one and finally get it out the way! The tax I was paying off was £375 so I'm used to paying a large amount extra each month anyway.
(I don't recommend people to do their tax returns over a year late, I got lots of fees and interest and ended up owing over £2000 when I didn't owe that much in the first place!)

I don't make resolutions, but I did want to start going to the gym more. And I've been going regularly. My goal is to hike to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite this summer (they shut the path down in the winter) so when I do that I will have succeeded :) I'm also running a 5K marathon in March- then a half marathon in the fall.

And another "must" for this year was getting a "normal" job so I can move out of my parents house and be on my own for the first time in my whole life (when I moved out of my parent's house I moved right in with my ex so I've never been 100% on my own). I have a job interview on Tuesday- so that is at least something.

While I have made some pretty good progress on my goals for this year, I still feel bogged down and unable to breathe. Little steps. And staying positive is really hard.

Give up soda...still winning at that one although the cherry dr. pepper at the store last night looked so delicious.

Stop biting my tongue (within reason). Check.

Get rid of my pooch. Check. This has been through calorie restriction though and not actual physical activity. So I failed at the gym resolution, like I always do. :(

The only soda I've had the past 3 weeks has been root beer, and thats because its a vital ingredient to a Captain's & root beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.