AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Head Hair!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cara_mae

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 24, 2015
Arizona, USA
Tumblr Username
sexual-affinities
MFC Username
cara_mae
Streamate Username
cara_mae
Chaturbate Username
cara_mae
I have really short hair, and I mean buzzed. I always wore a long brown wig when camming, because men seem to like it better, but since it was crappy and cheap, it gave out. What have you guys noticed about long vs. short hair? Also, does anyone know anything about good wigs that aren't super expensive?
20151225_231550.jpg 20151217_212133.jpg
Pictures for comparison :)

MFC members are all over the map in terms of their preferences for various model attributes. So, with your short hair, you'd likely attract a fair number of guys who like short hair (and there are plenty of them on a site as large as MFC). To me, what matters most is that the model is being "herself" (or her cam persona) and is comfortable with that.

I used to do wigs too cause I was self conscious about my short hair. Then I started hating the routine of putting one on, so I only use them in the occasional video. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a model wearing a wig, it was just super uncomfortable and inconvenient for me after a while. Do whatever makes you feel the most confident and be yourself.

Editing cause I looked at your pics and I think your short hair is super cute!

Reactions: cara_mae
Wow!! You are so cute, so beautiful, with AND without the wig! IMO, both looks are hot. I would use it for fantasy stuff, role play, etc too. Look at Christy Mack... she had her hair chopped, started to grow it back out, but said screw it and shaved her head. She does her shows with a wide variety of wigs and stuff. You have the face and body to rock both, so do it!! :)

I lost most of my hair over the past year due to a stylist who burned my hair off, most of it at about 1/2" from my scalp, and some spots right down to my scalp. My current pic here is me salvaging what was left, and is from June 2015. It took nearly 8 months to completely break off, and I just kept changing the style as more would break off. About 3 months ago I broke down, cried my eyes out, and cut the small part that was left off to even things out. I attached a pic of it now. Took it tonight, like 20 mins ago. I took it to show how much I lost, and after a year, this is how much it has grown. I hate it so much, and feel incredibly self conscious without having my hair. Partially for something to hide behind, HhaHAHa. I find it hard to be "Me" without my hair. But, "strong Me" says "Pfft!" and life goes on.

Attachments

• TGJ_social04_fullWM.jpg
    TGJ_social04_fullWM.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Hugs
Take a synthetic wig and soak it in a bowl (with a lid, if you can) FULL of fabric softener for 5 days.
Yes. 5 fucking days.
Take that bastard out, brush it (carefully) while it's wet, dry, then style using hair curlers or whatever, just NO HEAT. Should be as soft as a nice pair of titties after that. ^_^

Besides that, the best bet for a good wig would be to go to a wig-maker/shop and have it fit to you. Buying an expensive, real-hair wig online is never a good idea. Plus they can help you more than any of us! I don't think you should worry so much about long vs. short, worry about what looks best with your face. Honestly, both long and short look awesome as fuck on you. :)

Thank you guys so much! I think I'll buy a few wigs for camming in the future, but for now strong me is gonna suck it up and be happy with how I look
@Janelle I think your hair looks great! And it will definitely grow out again, but until then, the short look suits you well ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Janelle
Some years ago I used to dye my hair in unaturals colors, now I prefer to buy a cheap wig insted of ruin them and keep them in a natural color. You can find really nice wigs on chinese shops! :)

Thank you guys so much! I think I'll buy a few wigs for camming in the future, but for now strong me is gonna suck it up and be happy with how I look
@Janelle I think your hair looks great! And it will definitely grow out again, but until then, the short look suits you well ❤
Awww, thank you!! :)

I really would look to your followers, and present them with you as being a "blank slate" of sorts when it comes to wigs, in addition to you being able to act out your own fantasies. Have them buy you wigs they would like to see you in. With an investment made, they are more likely to come back. IMO. It is so cool that you enjoy wearing them! Plus, no wig... super sexy :)

Awww, thank you!! :)

I really would look to your followers, and present them with you as being a "blank slate" of sorts when it comes to wigs, in addition to you being able to act out your own fantasies. Have them buy you wigs they would like to see you in. With an investment made, they are more likely to come back. IMO. It is so cool that you enjoy wearing them! Plus, no wig... super sexy :)
That is such a great idea! thank you!

• Hugs
Long, short, who cares, we guys just wanna see BOOBS!!!!
But seriously, short hair is a big turn on for me, but not all women can pull it off, however Cara Mae you do look gorgeous either way, and Janelle you have a kinda rocker chick look going on that's sexy as hell.

• Hugs
My honest experience is yes the long hair does attract more people. Like for me I attract more viewers by a long shot with my long, pink wig. Happens to be the itchiest piece of 60 dollars I've ever spent. BUT just because it attracts more people does not always make me more money. It doesn't even mean I will have more conversations and a busier room. I've had some of my most successful nights with wigs that attracted very little people. My natural hair is kind of the same way, less people come, but it doesn't effect my success. Attitude and confidence seems to be the most important thing I find when it comes to actually being successful.

So with your long hair you may get 300 people in your room, and with your short hair you may get 20 people in your room, but someone likes your personality they're going to engage in conversation and tip you and that is really all that matters right? But if you honestly feel sexier in a long wig and have the patience and money to spend on it do it. My pink wig cost 60 dollars and literally lasts about a week or 2 of heavy use, mainly because it's really thick and long and gets tangly. But gothic lolita wigs are good quality wigs, just go for the easier to maintain ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.