AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Heads up for Steam users

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Call of Duty game isn't on sale but pretty much everything else on Steam is?

Yup, sounds like typical Activision faggotry to me.

But anyway, good deals though. Gotta love VALVe and Steam. I'd get the F.E.A.R. complete pack or the many other stuff on my wishlist, but alas, no money and lack of HD space. :sad10:

You guys must have missed Civ V when it was on sale during the Treasure Hunt, however that leads me to believe it will be on sale again during the Holiday Sale. Black Ops went on sale during the Treasure Hunt too (I think it was only $5 off or something), so that may end up popping up as well.

What really grinds my gears is when they discount a game for Black Friday (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for $7.50, for example), and then they offer it for cheaper during the Holiday sale (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for $5.10, for example). Sure, it's just a couple bucks, but I've gotten burned a couple times by this. The Holiday Sale is always the best deal of the year.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what's Stream? Or rather, can you give me the url? Thanks!

http://store.steampowered.com/ - The "Install Steam" button is in the top right-hand corner.

Steam is essentially a store/software library/social networking system for PC games. You can buy games (or pre-order upcoming games) which are then linked to your Steam account, and can then be downloaded and installed at any time. So say you're playing a game and run out of hard drive space, you can then delete it, and then re-download it at some point later via Steam and finish it. All of your purchases are tied to your Steam account, and not a specific machine.

You can also set up friends lists and see what your friends are playing, set up chats/IMs/voice chats with them, or join multiplayer games along with them.

Steam gets some flack from certain PC users from being a sort of evil empire, since it is the biggest digital distributor of PC games, but it's also the best, and I think the pros far outweigh the cons.

Excellent, thanks for the link. I am sorry, I realize now I wrote Stream in my original post. Cold medicine must be affecting my thought processes. I love my PC games but do have to erase from time to time because of them slowing things down or whatnot (and I don't have room for my terrabyte drive to be hooked up constantly....). This sounds like a great option! Thanks for letting me know about it. :)

..... now off to seek some fun, nerdy games to play..... :geek:

FutureFrank said:
You guys must have missed Civ V when it was on sale during the Treasure Hunt, however that leads me to believe it will be on sale again during the Holiday Sale. Black Ops went on sale during the Treasure Hunt too (I think it was only $5 off or something), so that may end up popping up as well.

What really grinds my gears is when they discount a game for Black Friday (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for $7.50, for example), and then they offer it for cheaper during the Holiday sale (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for $5.10, for example). Sure, it's just a couple bucks, but I've gotten burned a couple times by this. The Holiday Sale is always the best deal of the year.

That's not true. Example: Kights of The Old Republic. It's on sale now for $4.99 earlier this year it was on sale for something like $1.75.

i picked up manhunt (won't play on vista :evil: ) and the future indie bundle. may get more before its over. i always look forward to this steam sale.

Keithy said:
FutureFrank said:
The Holiday Sale is always the best deal of the year.

That's not true. Example: Kights of The Old Republic. It's on sale now for $4.99 earlier this year it was on sale for something like $1.75.

Fair enough. I will revise my original statement to say:

The Steam Holiday Sale is usually the best deal of the year.

(However, I do recall getting KOTOR & Jade Empire for like 99 cents each in a Holiday Sale a couple years ago, but I can't find the email receipt, so the revised statement will have to do.)

Civ V is $37.49 over at the Steam sale today, and will be on sale until 10AM on December 26. I paid full price and was quite happy with it, however for those that waited, perhaps this is a little more appealing.

Mikeythegeek said:
galactic6 said:
Also note that they are running daily deals. Never know what's going to pop up.

True, I just picked up Modern Warfare for $15. That deal's good until Noon PST.

I grabbed that used on 360 for $10, beat it and returned it to GameStop. Very short game and most of the online play has moved on to the new games. Also with CoD being a yearly franchise now, I'm hoping to see them lose value a lot faster.

FutureFrank said:
Civ V is $37.49 over at the Steam sale today, and will be on sale until 10AM on December 26. I paid full price and was quite happy with it, however for those that waited, perhaps this is a little more appealing.

First, I didn't see this post until just now and not before I made my prior post.

Second, I just brought Civ V and so did everyone else it seems. The download hasn't gotten above 200 KB/s yet and it's been almost an hour. Usual download speeds for me are around 700-800 KB/s.

Mikeythegeek said:
Second, I just brought Civ V and so did everyone else it seems. The download hasn't gotten above 200 KB/s yet and it's been almost an hour. Usual download speeds for me are around 700-800 KB/s.

I typically get 1.5 Mbps from the San Diego server, but if I ever have problems with it being slow I'll change it to LA or Arizona, and that usually resolves it. I've heard that if you change your download region to like Africa/Canary Islands (whatever the option may be), or some other far flung locale without many users, you may be able to trick Steam into giving you some better download speeds.

During the sale I got:

BF: Bad company 2
CS:Source (again, I lost my old steam account a long time ago)
Half Life 2 Deathmatch (same reason as above)

I was disappointed by no Black Ops though.

Status
Not open for further replies.