AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP ME WITH GETTING PEOPLE IN MY ROOM PLEASE

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2013
Hey Everyone,
Im on here because I am in desperate need of ideas or something ive tried to be sexy, ive tried asking, ived tired games.... why do I only get guys that have no tips in my room how do I bring more people in? I mean I know I don't have many games yet I still need raffle tickets, spin wheel, body markers, but how do you guys do it I would love some ideas on how to get those guys who are willing to spend not get a free damn show in my room please help asap.

With Love,
Caity_Love

1 ) Get online around the same time every day
2) Update your twitter and newsfeed
3) Dont worry so much about games and stuff while you get your footing, keep things simple. Just make sure you have something to offer in exchange for tips (ie flashes, videos, countdowns)
4) Get models-only status and check out the many useful threads on the subject there. There are some in the public section as well, so read the START HERE thread.

so im assuming I need to invest in twitter lol. well thank you very much hun I just get confused on why I GET ONLY guys who have no damn tokens or like when im trying to get tips to be naked its like it takes a damn year and a day lol. I mean shit I was doing better last month and a half that ive been working... maybe this is a rough month for me lmfao. again thank you hun

Caity_Love said:
so im assuming I need to invest in twitter lol. well thank you very much hun I just get confused on why I GET ONLY guys who have no damn tokens or like when im trying to get tips to be naked its like it takes a damn year and a day lol. I mean shit I was doing better last month and a half that ive been working... maybe this is a rough month for me lmfao. again thank you hun

It literally takes 5 minutes to open a Twitter account. That's a pretty cheap "investment".

ComicOzzie said:
Caity_Love said:

It literally takes 5 minutes to open a Twitter account. That's a pretty cheap "investment".

It can take time to build up followers & interact. It's not a huge commitment or anything but I find used on there quite a lot throughout the day.

Either way I love Twitter, and it's definitely helped me make more friends & more money.

YOU can do what i did talk to one of the premium members that you have in your room and tell him to tell other people to come to your room
Also you can put up an youtube video, like you stripteasing like i did...then link them to your twitter and mfc profile
but remember to have a schedule set up and FOLLOW it so people can make sure that to come in when you are online.
Try selling your photos, videos, panties, and try craigslist.
Sign up for an fan page and post updates there too and link them to your mfc account. it also takes like 2 secs
And the little people who do come in your room tell them to keep rating && admiring you so your cam score can go up.
And do something fun, be energtic, and be someone they would love to get to know.
Lastly what fucked my cam score up was your camera.
Make sure you have a good connection that you are broadcasting in at least standard.
to make sure you have the right speed check out....
speedtest.net
and make sure your upload is above .80 mpgs to stream in HD your upload must be 1.80 mpgs.

You do know that you are not the only model who wishes to have people in her room, right? This is something most if not all cam girls desire. Are you aware of the fact that lots of cam models figure stuff out by themselves through trial and error?
I'm sensing a bit of entitlement.

Nobody is obligated to give you their secrets and yet it sounds like you came here with a certain level of expectation.

TaeDollBABY said:
And the little people who do come in your room tell them to keep rating && admiring you so your cam score can go up.

Rating/admiring actually doesn't do anything for the cam score...only tokens help. I just wanted to let you know this, because there are some MFC members who really believe they're doing models a big favor by rating/admiring. If they really want to boost her cam score, they should tip her. :) Also, beware of the members who say "I rated and admired you, bb!" and think they deserve a free flash just because of it...lol.

yummybrownfox said:
TaeDollBABY said:

Rating/admiring actually doesn't do anything for the cam score...only tokens help. I just wanted to let you know this, because there are some MFC members who really believe they're doing models a big favor by rating/admiring. If they really want to boost her cam score, they should tip her. :) Also, beware of the members who say "I rated and admired you, bb!" and think they deserve a free flash just because of it...lol.

Many of them don't even do the rate and admire anyway. They just say they do. LilyEvans took it off her profile completely. Weeks later she's still getting doofuses (or is that doofi?) after a show telling her he rated/admired her. :lol:

yummybrownfox said:
TaeDollBABY said:

:shock:
Wow I didn't know that....thank you sooo freaking much!!

Reactions: Nordling
Something to be aware of - You never know who could be watching.
I had someone recently throw me huge tips admitting he's been watching me as a guest for some time.
Members could be watching you from the lounge too. Even though sometimes it looks like no premium members are watching me, I try to continue to dance around, smile, talk.
Members also can hide their tokens so you never know if a member has 0 tkns or thousands. If you find yourself getting frustrated, take a break and come back on cam when you are feeling refreshed and ready to go.
You mentioned that you didn't want to give people a free show, well I hope you aren't giving a show for free. If they want to see more, they should tip you or take you to private, however you run your room.
The other girls had great advice, hope it helps.

nataliesmith said:
Something to be aware of - You never know who could be watching.
I had someone recently throw me huge tips admitting he's been watching me as a guest for some time.
Members could be watching you from the lounge too. Even though sometimes it looks like no premium members are watching me, I try to continue to dance around, smile, talk.
Members also can hide their tokens so you never know if a member has 0 tkns or thousands. If you find yourself getting frustrated, take a break and come back on cam when you are feeling refreshed and ready to go.
You mentioned that you didn't want to give people a free show, well I hope you aren't giving a show for free. If they want to see more, they should tip you or take you to private, however you run your room.
The other girls had great advice, hope it helps.

they can also watch your cam in a PM window without being in your chatroom.

God said:
Yes, but we can see you when you are watching in PM.

JerryBoBerry said:
Many of them don't even do the rate and admire anyway. They just say they do. LilyEvans took it off her profile completely. Weeks later she's still getting doofuses (or is that doofi?) after a show telling her he rated/admired her. :lol:
LOL same thing happened with me last time I was on cam too. I totally called him out on it.

Reactions: Nordling
Poker_Babe said:
God said:
Yes, but we can see you when you are watching in PM.

i didn't mean that i watch in PM. i can make my own lounge-style chatroom and block guests and basics from joining and only allow models or people from my friends list.

Caity_Love said:
Hey Everyone,
Im on here because I am in desperate need of ideas or something ive tried to be sexy, ive tried asking, ived tired games.... why do I only get guys that have no tips in my room how do I bring more people in? I mean I know I don't have many games yet I still need raffle tickets, spin wheel, body markers, but how do you guys do it I would love some ideas on how to get those guys who are willing to spend not get a free damn show in my room please help asap.

With Love,
Caity_Love

the is a thread on the "board index" link that is for models to advertise themselves.

God said:
Caity_Love said:
Hey Everyone,

With Love,
Caity_Love

the is a thread on the "board index" link that is for models to advertise themselves.

this might sound strange, but have you tried carrying on a meaningful conversation?

everyone knows models are there to make money, it's not really a popular conversation starter to ask for tips.

if you want to be creative and find new ways to bring up tipping, post something in your topic and bring that up once in a while (not every 60 seconds like i've seen models do before).

you could also offer a small reward they can claim online for being the highest tipper (maybe a picture of you or something). it might not seem like much but you could also give better rewards depending on tip-range.

another thing to keep in mind is that you might have a lot of drunk guys in your chatroom. whether your visitors are drunk or not, you are their entertainer and they expect to have a good, fun time (which could also be something different for each person).

at the same time, you are in the business of making money by providing a product or service.

you also need to make sure people understand (at least some of) the things you are and are not willing to do in free chat. this is very important and you should explain it in great detail.

another way of making money that is a little less obvious to some people is making an Amazon wishlist. all the money would go to you if they buy something on the list. the items on the list will be deleted from the list so you won't have to worry about "what if two people buy the same thing?"

a model's personality is probably what gets the most results (whether good or bad).

God said:
God said:
Caity_Love said:
Hey Everyone,

With Love,
Caity_Love

this might sound strange, but have you tried carrying on a meaningful conversation?

everyone knows models are there to make money, it's not really a popular conversation starter to ask for tips.

if you want to be creative and find new ways to bring up tipping, post something in your topic and bring that up once in a while (not every 60 seconds like i've seen models do before).

you could also offer a small reward they can claim online for being the highest tipper (maybe a picture of you or something). it might not seem like much but you could also give better rewards depending on tip-range.
On one hand, I would be like "check out all those model's only threads with years worth of condensed information," but even ladies with model only status end up telling me it's too much to read half the time. And in times past I would have said, "hey, maybe I can watch you live on cam and give you some tips," but every time that happens ladies just tend to get defensive or make up a million excuses ("I don't have room to stand or walk in my barely furnished 12x10 room!"). And although I am conceited enough to believe I know the exact formula that makes any woman successful, the majority of the time when I share it I'm told in return exactly why they cannot do each of the listed things, with a request for new information specifically tailored to their needs.

Maybe I'm getting jaded at 21, but come on - EVERY model would probably like help with getting people in to their room, even very successful women who have been working for years. Every model has trouble with earning, or making games work, or hitting goals. And in my experience, women who actually take the advice given to them are so rare that it is a bit of a shock when someone says, "hey, thanks for the info, that was helpful!" I feel like there is a point where some people believe the models at ACF have a treasure-trove of secret information and that we're all evil for not sharing it (I even once had the pleasure of reading a long thread where a model was given lots of good advice, going to her MFC room, and hearing her rant in public chat about how us bitches were all keeping the good stuff away from her because we were elitists or some shit - because we didn't hold her hand and tell her she was doing everything perfectly).

Anyway... I'm with God here. Self-awareness and switching it up are good ideas. But no one can learn any skill by reading about it. Improvement takes work and a great deal of trial and error.

Evvie said:
God said:
God said:
Caity_Love said:
Hey Everyone,

With Love,
Caity_Love

On one hand, I would be like "check out all those model's only threads with years worth of condensed information," but even ladies with model only status end up telling me it's too much to read half the time. And in times past I would have said, "hey, maybe I can watch you live on cam and give you some tips," but every time that happens ladies just tend to get defensive or make up a million excuses ("I don't have room to stand or walk in my barely furnished 12x10 room!"). And although I am conceited enough to believe I know the exact formula that makes any woman successful, the majority of the time when I share it I'm told in return exactly why they cannot do each of the listed things, with a request for new information specifically tailored to their needs.

Maybe I'm getting jaded at 21, but come on - EVERY model would probably like help with getting people in to their room, even very successful women who have been working for years. Every model has trouble with earning, or making games work, or hitting goals. And in my experience, women who actually take the advice given to them are so rare that it is a bit of a shock when someone says, "hey, thanks for the info, that was helpful!" I feel like there is a point where some people believe the models at ACF have a treasure-trove of secret information and that we're all evil for not sharing it (I even once had the pleasure of reading a long thread where a model was given lots of good advice, going to her MFC room, and hearing her rant in public chat about how us bitches were all keeping the good stuff away from her because we were elitists or some shit - because we didn't hold her hand and tell her she was doing everything perfectly).

Anyway... I'm with God here. Self-awareness and switching it up are good ideas. But no one can learn any skill by reading about it. Improvement takes work and a great deal of trial and error.

about the models only thread... i meant to advertise yourself there, not spend hours reading everything else in there, not knowing which things led to the most success.

By the way, I don't think the OP came on here feeling entitled. And she did say thank you. Hell, some models won't even do that. I had a random model on Twitter ask me personal questions about my MFC earnings (which I thought was a little rude), and when I responded to her with some suggestions for what she wanted help with, I didn't even get a thank you from her.

At least the OP of this thread was nice enough to say hello and thank you. Hopefully she'll follow the advice given on here, and will join us in Models Only, where there's LOTS of useful information for models. Good luck, Caity_Love! :)

God said:
about the models only thread... i meant to advertise yourself there, not spend hours reading everything else in there, not knowing which things led to the most success.
Although I won't argue the merits of advertising, I am not sure what good advertising to other models would do? We don't have a models-to-models advertising thread in the MO board and I'm not sure I could see the benefits of advertising to other models specifically.

im late to the game, and i can only speak for myself, but i tend to run a search for the acf tag pretty regularly. and tbh since ive had income again i havent spent a single token outside of the ladies from acf. not that my tiny budget amounts to much lol.

but seriously, ill be glad to come and visit at the least for any lady who wants me to. i tend to talk too much sometimes, but at least its one person who isnt a constant lurker

God said:
another way of making money that is a little less obvious to some people is making an Amazon wishlist. all the money would go to you if they buy something on the list. the items on the list will be deleted from the list so you won't have to worry about "what if two people buy the same thing?"

I'm sure you mean well here and I certainly don't want to be rude, but people buying things from an Amazon wishlist is not the same thing as making money. Presents/e-giftcards are thoughtful and fantastic, but, unfortunately, they don't pay the bills.

AllisonWilder said:
God said:

I'm sure you mean well here and I certainly don't want to be rude, but people buying things from an Amazon wishlist is not the same thing as making money. Presents/e-giftcards are thoughtful and fantastic, but, unfortunately, they don't pay the bills.

Unless you put every-day essentials on there. Or at least things you need (computer equipment, sex toys, markers, white boards... whatever you need for camming) that you're gonna have to buy for yourself eventually unless someone buys it for you first. Thus freeing the money that you would have spent on those items up for bills.

mynameisbob84 said:
AllisonWilder said:
God said:

Unless you put every-day essentials on there. Or at least things you need (computer equipment, sex toys, markers, white boards... whatever you need for camming) that you're gonna have to buy for yourself eventually unless someone buys it for you first. Thus freeing the money that you would have spent on those items up for bills.

^^ That's a little different than someone buying you a book or something, but on a site like MFC where camscore matters, every token counts. Essentially your daily and/or camming item needs would be taken care of via Amazon purchases this way, but your camscore would suffer in the process making it harder to make the money to spend on bills and such.

AllisonWilder said:
mynameisbob84 said:
AllisonWilder said:
God said:

^^ That's a little different than someone buying you a book or something, but on a site like MFC where camscore matters, every token counts. Essentially your daily and/or camming item needs would be taken care of via Amazon purchases this way, but your camscore would suffer in the process making it harder to make the money to spend on bills and such.

True. I guess either way there's gonna be a compromise. If a member can only afford say $20 to spend on a model, he can either give her $10 in tokens (after MFC's cut) and the model gets the camscore benefits, OR he spends that whole $20 on whatever it is the model needs from her wishlist.

i saw one model get a PS3 and an XBox360 off her wishlist (that's pretty much $1600 worth of gifts counting tax and shipping at the price when they were first released but i know the price dropped some before she got them).

other items i have seen models receive from their wishlist include: new HD webcam, costumes for cosplay shows, lingerie and high heel shoes

Reactions: kittieturner
in the Amazon wishlist discussion: As a rule wishlists are great (if you have a PO box- do not use a wishlist without a PO box as your address can be found), only if you were planning on buying something anyway or you're earning enough on cam and it just encourages some members to spend a little more on you/money they might not have spent.

Generally if I'm going to do anything for Amazon vouchers I arrange it all on twitter or with guys already on my friendslist while I'm online, this is so that when I'm on mfc trying to earn I only get tokens, making my camscore go up. If you want people in your room, camscore is the easiest way to do this. So yeah, paypal, wishlists, any other form of payment is not a good idea. What might be a good idea are deals for Skype. Encouraging guys to tip either while you're online or offline, you'd log off, do the skype show with them and then log back on after. This could improve your camscore.

Essentially though, Myfreecams is hard. It's hard work for both low and high camscore models (though high camscore models are earning dramatically more so it's more worth it). It's something you've got to accept. If myfreecams isn't working for you, consider other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.