AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help regarding Twitter RT's, or Twitter in general really

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I'm doing this whole twitter-thing really badly.

Two times I've asked for RT's on pics to try to get more exposure, but I seem to just end up with people favoriting those tweets. First time it was a pic of my bum and second time was this morning when I posted this pic: https://twitter.com/InaraPage/status/512143696494878721 (which actually lost me a follower. Wtf?)

So I thought I'd ask people on this forum what kind of stuff you retweet (especially from camgirls), and how do you (camgirls and other people may aswer this) "do" your tweet if you want it to be retweeted? (Just ask for it, offer incentives, what kind of pic etc?)

I'm trying to get my followers to interact more, but I really just have like 3 people who interacts with me on a regular basis. So tips and hints on that would be great as well.

I'm also wondering about what kind of pics you all like and/or what pics does the best for you?
For me it seems to be face pics that does the best, even if I'm not showing tits. When showing tits it seems like it's best to also show face.

Reactions: AllieYess
Re: Help regarding Twitter RT's, or Twitter in general reall

Personal theory on Twitter usage...

Retweets i am rather stingy on. If I follow you, I see what you post. But the people who follow me don't really need to see all those posts. If they wanted to they'd be following you. That's just how I feel about it. Honestly if I'm following someone who just retweets stuff all the time I stop following them.

To go along with that, the reason I follow someone is to interact with them. Part of their tweets are promotions, when they're on, specials, new videos and the like. But if that's all you do, well...I generally unfollow again. So make sure a decent percentage of your tweets are just general chat type stuff.

That should also get more people involved. If you start posting pics of a cute cat you saw, or something funny you heard...all that gives more opportunities to connect with people. They may be reading your tweets but don't know what to say, but they may have a cat that looks just like that. So all of a sudden they can come out of their shell and reply with a comment. You get the idea, the more you just chat in general the more people can reply about stuff that interests them.

As for getting more people following you. Try following more camgirls. Also a few celebrities that interest you. The reason for that is Twitter sends out emails to people suggesting other people they may like. If you follow a bunch of other camgirls and they start to follow you back because you start chatting with them. Then those emails will include you on them. I follow AmberCutie, she follows me. Other people that follow Amber get my name suggested as a person they may be interested in. The more people that amber follows in common with that other person, the more likely other people on Amber's follow list will be included in the email.

So, simply put, follow more people you're interested in and interact with them more - more followers for you.

:think: :think: :think: I just realized this entire post could have been summarized by 'If you build it, they will come.'

InaraPage said:
Apparently I'm doing this whole twitter-thing really badly.

Two times I've asked for RT's on pics to try to get more exposure, but I seem to just end up with people favoriting those tweets. First time it was a pic of my bum and second time was this morning when I posted this pic: https://twitter.com/InaraPage/status/512143696494878721 (which actually lost me a follower. Wtf?)

So I thought I'd ask people on this forum what kind of stuff you retweet (especially from camgirls), and how do you (camgirls and other people may aswer this) "do" your tweet if you want it to be retweeted? (Just ask for it, offer incentives, what kind of pic etc?)

I'm trying to get my followers to interact more, but I really just have like 3 people who interacts with me on a regular basis. So tips and hints on that would be great as well.

I'm also wondering about what kind of pics you all like and/or what pics does the best for you?
For me it seems to be face pics that does the best, even if I'm not showing tits. When showing tits it seems like it's best to also show face.
Hi Inara :)

So far I haven't asked anyone to RT me. I would if I were tweeting something of greater importance, but I'm a bit wary of doing it to promote myself. There's a thread somewhere here in the forums where you can ask people to RT something from you, but I'm not sure what kind of tweets the girls who use it ask to be RTed. I however retweet a lot of things other models tweet, especially to promote them, although I have too little followers for my "promotion" to be any relevant. :p

I think every person has their own reasons, or criteria, to retweet something, so I'm not sure you can tweet in a certain way that will make more people retweet you. It's a personal choice. I do notice that the girls tend to retweet more from their close model friends though. It doesn't even matter if you're tweeting pictures or just text; what matters is who follows you and how "close" they are with you.

This is what I've gathered observing my Twitter dash in the short time I've been a camgirl, so YMMV I guess!

JerryBoBerry said:
Personal theory on Twitter usage...

Retweets i am rather stingy on. If I follow you, I see what you post. But the people who follow me don't really need to see all those posts. If they wanted to they'd be following you. That's just how I feel about it. Honestly if I'm following someone who just retweets stuff all the time I stop following them.

To go along with that, the reason I follow someone is to interact with them. Part of their tweets are promotions, when they're on, specials, new videos and the like. But if that's all you do, well...I generally unfollow again. So make sure a decent percentage of your tweets are just general chat type stuff.

That should also get more people involved. If you start posting pics of a cute cat you saw, or something funny you heard...all that gives more opportunities to connect with people. They may be reading your tweets but don't know what to say, but they may have a cat that looks just like that. So all of a sudden they can come out of their shell and reply with a comment. You get the idea, the more you just chat in general the more people can reply about stuff that interests them.

As for getting more people following you. Try following more camgirls. Also a few celebrities that interest you. The reason for that is Twitter sends out emails to people suggesting other people they may like. If you follow a bunch of other camgirls and they start to follow you back because you start chatting with them. Then those emails will include you on them. I follow AmberCutie, she follows me. Other people that follow Amber get my name suggested as a person they may be interested in. The more people that amber follows in common with that other person, the more likely other people on Amber's follow list will be included in the email.

So, simply put, follow more people you're interested in and interact with them more - more followers for you.

:think: :think: :think: I just realized this entire post could have been summarized by 'If you build it, they will come.'

Twitter is a strange beast, a very fickle one, and Jerry hit the nail on the head! I have a Twitter account to interact with MFC/ACF peeps and another for my professional artwork stuff (which a few people on here are familiar with). The second account I mentioned is one that I'm constantly hustling on. I'm always posting general tweets as well as art promotion stuff. I'm forever talking with other artists, people with similar interests, and "fans" (I use that term loosely). I've discovered that building a following is all about the interaction with people. I will say that I've noticed that people have randomly retweeted me on both my accounts after people have gotten to know me a bit more.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that Twitter is not something that can be totally forced, and there's not a perfect formula to it :)

JerryBoBerry said:

I feel the same way about people who RT too much! I can turn them off manually on my phone (or computer, I think?), but a lot of people don't know how to do that and will just unfollow. Retweeting jokes/random photos/quotes is an awesome way to show your personality but when someone posts 50 RTs in a row of random jokes, I cringe imagining how many potential cam visitors unfollow as quickly as I do.
Also in terms of guys retweeting your photos, keep in mind some people use their Twitter for personal use and following camgirls, so they might not want to RT nudie pics on their timeline!

Also I agree with Jerry about following other camgirls, they will often RT your pictures unprompted or RT your "hey I'm online now!" tweets. I get a lot of followers from other camgirls when we interact, and likewise if I'm scrolling through my timeline and see a super sexy photo, I'll RT it! Interacting with other girls is like half the fun of Twitter for me, haha. I think it's important to do it in an organic way ("ooh Amber looks so cute, RT! ooh Amber is watching the Miami Dolphins, I love them, I'm gonna reply and tell her I love them too" as opposed to "I will RT all of Amber's tweets in hopes she will RT me, I will tweet Amber asking her to promo me to all of her followers").

I think it's totally okay to ask for RTs once in a while - maybe if you have a new raffle or big event to say "here's info on my new raffle, please RT!". It comes off a bit spammy to me when girls post photos and say RT RT RT. This is 100% a personal opinion but I like the playful flirtiness of Twitter just being like "hehe here's my naughty pic" as opposed to "BUY MY VIDEOS @promoter @otherpromoter RT PLS". It's less approachable and fun, but that's my opinion and I know everyone has different views of what's endearing.

Lastly if you work on MFC I think the best way to get interactive followers is simply just to ask! Post your twitter username in the topic, remind them periodically that you have twitter, and make sure to post it again when you're logging off! When I stream on MFC, I usually gain ~10 followers per shift, but the great thing about that is these are all guys who've seen me on MFC at least once; I know they are camsite users and would guess that they are more likely to tip me in the future than guys who search #boobs on Twitter. (I could be wrong!) The added bonus is that these are then guys you have interacted with before so they will often reply to your tweets, chat with you, etc! (Don't do this if you work on Streamate because it is not allowed, haha.)

I am not a Twitter guru but I think following camgirls, interacting with them (replying to their tweets, RTing them sometimes), asking your camroom members to follow you, and making sure to balance promotional tweets with actually tweeting like a real person is the best way to get followers who will interact and give you a happy twitter experience.

Excellent post, Jerry. Also, bonus points for the Field of Dreams reference.

I agree with most of that, and I'll add some of my own point of view. Bear in mind, this is from the viewpoint of cam site member (and a grouchy one at that). Cam models may have some very different ideas from mine, but it may be useful to hear how camgirls' tweets come across to one of us.

First off, it's understood that in most cases, cam models use Twitter for promotion. I'm fine with this -- it would be silly of me to expect otherwise, but yeah, if it was only that, I probably wouldn't follow. Pictures are nice, and they may help you grab some people's attention, but keep in mind, a lot of those people are going to be guys that just want free pics and/or want to engage in the type of behavior that has generated hundreds of pages of gripes on this forum. I think that just comes with the territory, but be aware that when you gain a lot of followers, a lot of them are going to people who don't really do you any good. Hopefully you do get some potential customers in the bunch too though.

I mostly follow models I know for the fun of chatting with them and their other members, so yeah, funny or interesting things, even if they're not cam-related are a good way to built up lively Twitter chat and get people to like your "brand." One other thing that I find really helpful is if you tweet when you're going to be getting on cam (or if you're not going to make it on when you planned to). If you get someone interested in coming to your room, they need to have an easy way to know when to look for you, and your regulars are more likely to stay "regular" if you make it easy for them to keep up to date on when you're coming online. Twitter is really good for this.

Some models may not appreciate my saying this, but here's one thing I'd suggest, assuming your main purpose on Twitter is to build up a fan base for your camming and content: similar to when you're actually on cam, try to make your Twitter mostly upbeat and entertaining. It's certainly true that there are frustrations that come with the job. Everyone has a bad day and needs to vent sometimes. Try not to do too much venting or complaining in the same feed you use to market yourself. It doesn't leave a good impression. Some models I follow tend to react every time some idiot tweets a dick picture at them or says something offensive. I do realize it's generally the other person who is being the jerk, but it's not really fun to read that over and over anyway. If I didn't already know and like them, I probably would just stop following them for this. If you feel it's important to do battle with the throngs of trolls, I strongly suggest making a separate account to do it with.

Retweets: Unless it's a promo for something you're participating in that you haven't already tweeted yourself, I don't see the point in retweeting promos about yourself (and the accounts that are model "promoters" strike me as 100% spam). If it's just someone saying to follow you, it's redundant since anyone who sees your retweet is already following you anyway. I know a lot of models like to send "FF" chains around supporting their friends, but honestly I just tend to ignore those. I follow people I know or who I think may be interesting enough to get to know eventually. If I follow too many, I can't read it all. Good retweets, in my opinion, are interesting/entertaining things from people that most of your followers are not following themselves. I almost never retweet my favorite models since most of my followers who would be interested are already following them too. I follow a handful of celebrity and magazine accounts. Most of my retweets (of which there aren't that many) come from those since the tweets would be new to most of my cam world friends.

I don't have time to write out a HUGE reply but camgirls are going to be your biggest help here.

When CAMGIRLS RT you - their followers follow you.
So target camgirls. not aggressively - but simply - make friends, network, etc.

When horny guys with 90 twitter followers tweet you.. you are far less likely to gain followers!

in your 'tits' tweet - it would have been a better idea to give a goal "if this gets 'x' RTs I'll tweet a pic of my tweet! Thank you!"

Finally: Twitter is absolutely 100% HUGELY about interaction.

I hope this helps!! You are GORGEOUS!

Fay_Galore said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
"if this gets 'x' RTs I'll tweet a pic of my tweet! Thank you!"

:lol:

(I hope this was intentional)

Totally not. I wish it was hahahhaha

Thank all of you for your replys! I'll respond to them later.

"I'm not sure you can tweet in a certain way that will make more people retweet you" and "Twitter is not something that can be totally forced, and there's not a perfect formula to it" made me feel like you might have misunderstood me/my post :D
I want to know what you find succesful on your twitter and also what you'd like to see from the people you follow, I guess. Of course I know there's no formula to success, and everyone likes different things, so I want to know YOUR experience :)

Reactions: hapa74

Miss_Lollipop said:
Fay_Galore said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
"if this gets 'x' RTs I'll tweet a pic of my tweet! Thank you!"

:lol:

(I hope this was intentional)

Totally not. I wish it was hahahhaha

Before I get on replying to everything else:
LOL!!

I so not retweet pictures often, because almost all the people who follow me are models.

Shaun__ said:
I so not retweet pictures often, because almost all the people who follow me are models.

I actually like it when members rt other models, it tells me who my friends online like and who I should follow!

InaraPage said:

"I'm not sure you can tweet in a certain way that will make more people retweet you" and "Twitter is not something that can be totally forced, and there's not a perfect formula to it" made me feel like you might have misunderstood me/my post :D
I want to know what you find succesful on your twitter and also what you'd like to see from the people you follow, I guess. Of course I know there's no formula to success, and everyone likes different things, so I want to know YOUR experience :)

Probably a bad word choice on my part, maybe "rushed" is a better word...maybe? :p

Miss_Lollipop said:
Twitter is absolutely 100% HUGELY about interaction.

Basically this is what I wanted to say, but summed up perfectly :D

Oh, and your name is awesome!

InaraPage said:

If a girl ask me to retweet something, I generally will. Although as Lollipop says my 150 followers (1/2 models) isn't a big deal. If girl offers a prize,and the picture or tweet isn't something really lame, or something I disagree with I almost always will retweet. For instance recently a model offered a video if you retweet 10 of her tweets. The girl is stunning so I am pretty sure nobody would mind the retweets. I bet she'll pick up a dozen or two of my followers, and if any of the models who follow me with their 30K follower retweet she'll pick up hundreds if not thousands more.

I should add this stuff matters. On many occasions, I've had a model retweet a picture or particular clever tweet of another model. I start following the model. I get interested enough following a girls tweeter to visit her room and viola tips bb :).

I have been spending less time on MFC lately (but not ACF), but a year or so ago this happened a lot.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.