AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help! Tethering doing public shows etc!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candyblues_mfc

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 25, 2013
UK
profiles.myfreecams.com
MFC Username
PixieDay
Helpppppp needed!

Hope this is in the right place....

Ok SO....I cam from work quite a bit (Fridays & Saturdays if you are interested)
But now I want to branch out to coffee shops, libraries etc...just everywhere really.
I need to know HOW to get the BEST internet signal I can, any info would be really helpful, people in the phone shops seem to know jack shit. :handgestures-salute:
So far it seems the best option is to get a mobile phone contract on a 4G network with an unlimited amount of download speed stuff and use it as a phone AND to tether internet to my laptop from?
Internet dongles aren't apparently the fastest or most reliable option and their also quite pricey.

All help appreciated, I should also mention im in the UK and I use a mac laptop.

:angel1:
xxxx

If there's no free wifi for me to use or if it blocks adult sites I use a dongle. I bought an O2 dongle, used the free time then put in a GiffGaff sim. It costs £12 for a month. I don't pay every month, only when I know I'll be using it. It's part of O2 and I've found the signal to be pretty good.

Hope this helps x

candyblues_mfc said:
Helpppppp needed!
now I want to branch out to coffee shops, libraries etc...just everywhere really.

Not sure of your intentions while in public places, but I'd suggest being cautious about showing unsuspecting people on your cam feed. I know others do it and get away with it... but sooner or later Leo will likely be cracking down on the practice.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
candyblues_mfc said:
Helpppppp needed!
now I want to branch out to coffee shops, libraries etc...just everywhere really.

Not sure of your intentions while in public places, but I'd suggest being cautious about showing unsuspecting people on your cam feed. I know others do it and get away with it... but sooner or later Leo will likely be cracking down on the practice.

Who's Leo? MFC man?
I try to be very carefull but sometimes it happens, and I know its not meant to :S

candyblues_mfc said:
Bocefish said:
candyblues_mfc said:
Helpppppp needed!

Who's Leo? MFC man?
I try to be very carefull but sometimes it happens, and I know its not meant to :S

When I cam in a public place I ALWAYS have my husband with me. He makes sure no-one else can be seen on my screen. We will quickly scan the camera so it's obvious I am actually in the pub but always too quick to really see the people. My husband keeps me safe and keeps things within the rules. He once had to persuade a drunk young man that saying hello into my camera would not be a good idea!

It is risky from both sides. I've been caught once and asked to leave (phew...at least I wasn't arrested). And as has been said, it is hard to keep within the rules. (I know some break these rules...pizza guy signing ass etc).

I found that my early pub shows made me a heap of tokens but the novelty wore off. I've told the regulars who keep asking for them that when we reach a good few thousand in offline tips I will do it again.

But back on topic, do try the dongle. It at least means you can cam in the car, the woods etc. I even Skyped with a couple of regulars when I was in hospital (nothing naughty, just chatting)

Reactions: candyblues_mfc
candyblues_mfc said:
Who's Leo? MFC man?
Leo is an admin and the owner of the site. :)

Reactions: candyblues_mfc
Does anyone have a recommendation of a USB wireless device for doing public shows? I don't a monthly subscription until I see how much I like doing outdoor shows.

Sevrin said:
RebeccaT said:
When I cam in a public place I ALWAYS have my husband with me.
That's not going to be a good defense.

From the rules:
Men should not even be in the same room as you!

:naughty:

Yeah, but come on. We all know that the rules as stated are fluid at best. They enforce the rules that fail to make good money, and public shows don't seem to fall within that category by a long shot. Without looking, I'd be willing to wager that at least one of the top 10 most popular models online is doing a public show. (Ah, it's two, in fact -- GingerBanks and Kickaz both seem to be hanging out in libraries as I type this at @ 5pm pst, and GingerBanks is also apparently doing a splitcam with another model in the same library.) RebeccaT isn't talking about a single man in her room. She's talking about posting a guard, in order to keep watch and make sure nobody else lands in the feed. The entire appeal of a public show is that there are other people around, so that rule flies straight out the window. But models have been doing public shows unabated for as long as I've been paying attention. I don't see that stopping anytime soon -- not while they're getting piles of cash from the gimmick.

I've also been seeing a lot of pizza delivery shows, lately, but have heard of nobody getting trouble for them. That puts a man DIRECTLY on camera.

I'm not saying that it's not done, or that MFC enforces that rule, but should push come to shove, if a model were to bring up the fact that she had a man riding shotgun, it would an aggravating factor, rather than an effective defense.

Sevrin said:
I'm not saying that it's not done, or that MFC enforces that rule, but should push come to shove, if a model were to bring up the fact that she had a man riding shotgun, it would an aggravating factor, rather than an effective defense.

Fair enough.

Sevrin said:

I don't think she plans to use it as a defense, she just uses it as a preventative method so that no one shows up on her feed in the first place. Then she won't need a defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, Rebecca! :)

Sevrin said:

I use MFC for pre-arranged privates. I do public shows on a different site on which my husband is verified as a performer, although he doesn't do so in a public place...we save that for when we're at home.

But I was emphasising the fact that I would NEVER cam publicly without a chaperone.

RebeccaT said:
But I was emphasising the fact that I would NEVER cam publicly without a chaperone.

IMHO, these days thats a very wise move. Theres a LOT of creepers out there you dont know about.

Thanks guys, I could do with more advice on what to use though!?
I didnt actually plan to start out public when I began camming, I got verified the day I was at work, so I just tried it. Re:having people on cam, I have a few regulars who are happy to tell the room that I'm deffo in public so I can be very careful with what and who gets seen.
However I am going to try as much as possible to do any other public shows with a friend to guard.

Reactions: Aella
Status
Not open for further replies.