AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hiding Adress on Amazon Wishlist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppyBryers

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 18, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hello Y'all!

I've had this issue for awhile and a lot of feedback from the members but I need advice from models!

I've been wanting to make a wishlist for AGES but fear putting my actual address in my account.

IS there a way to hide the address, or not? If so, Can someone please explain how to do it?
Like give instructions as if I was a 5 year old stoned off her bawls.

Clarity does wonders.

Thanks!

From what I've read, you CAN hide the address... BUT, if the member buys a given item from one of the 3rd-party vendors that Amazon lists as part of any given listing, said 3rd-party vendor gets access to your address data and sometimes includes it on the receipt to the person who did the ordering.

Kinda, but not really. You can set your wishlist to show only your name and your state. So you could theoretically use your stage name and only have your general location showing. The problem with that is that members who buy from your wishlist can still find your address (even if they're not actively looking for it) if they buy something from a third party seller. If you put up a wishlist, then regardless of what privacy settings you use, you run the risk of members finding out your personal information.

From what I can tell, there's two main methods that cam girls use to get around this. Well, three actually.

1) Put items on your wishlist that you'd like to receive, don't enter an address, but instead offer members the option to send an Amazon gift card to your email address for the amount that the item costs (have them specify which item it is in the email).

2) Buy/rent a PO Box somewhere close enough to you that you can easily travel there, but far enough away that should a member find out where your PO Box is, they're still miles away from your actual home. You then get the items sent to your PO Box and collect them when you're ready.

3) Make do without gifts and just accept payment through the site you work on.

You can hide your name and street addy but your city AND state will still show. Theres no way to hide that. Amazon AND third party sellers have given out that info though multiple times for years and there's no way to prevent that. It's not just third party sellers who get it and in some instances the guys dont even try to get the info but get it anyway. (Delivery confirmations and such.) So do not trust just not allowing third parties cause amazon has done it too. Like Bob said you can add ONLY egift cards from Amazon and only accept those. If you have no address in the account then they cant get one from you. I do know lots of girls use PO Boxes or remailers (a place gets the package then repacks and mails it out to you themselves) but I warn against PO Boxes cause guys have been known to ship something and wait at the box for the girl to show up and follow her home and such. Its not super popular to have happen but HAS happened. Guys can also mail you things like GPS trackers and crap and find you that way too. Again not super common but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Do not use your home address. If you don't have a PO or UPS sort of box for delivery (at a location that isn't right by your house) then wait until you do to use Amazon wishlists.

Reactions: RosalieDay and Gen
I dont see anyone mentioning that you can choose NOT to accept third party vendor items. It's a choice.. on there.
But it's one that doesnt matter cause Amazon has given out addresses as well.

I dont see anyone mentioning that you can choose NOT to accept third party vendor items. It's a choice.. on there.
It isn't just using 3rd party vendors that runs the risk of address being leaked. Tracking links, etc. Bad news. Just never use home address, it's a good rule of thumb.

It isn't just using 3rd party vendors that runs the risk of address being leaked. Tracking links, etc. Bad news. Just never use home address, it's a good rule of thumb.

For sure! I just wanted to mention that it is an option you can use to reduce risk.

For sure! I just wanted to mention that it is an option you can use to reduce risk.
Reduce the risk slightly yeah. I guess a member would have to be pretty determined to get around it, but even girls who restrict their wishlist are at risk. A member can add whatever item he wants to an order that's already created, nullifying her settings, though.

• Helpful!
Reactions: lunarxkittn
Reduce the risk slightly yeah. I guess a member would have to be pretty determined to get around it, but even girls who restrict their wishlist are at risk. A member can add whatever item he wants to an order that's already created, nullifying her settings, though.
Really? I didnt know that.

o.o Thank you..

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Really? I didnt know that.

o.o Thank you..
No problemo. This is why my response to any amazon post is phrased just like my reply in this thread. Others offer advice about disallowing 3rd party, manipulating the address entry boxes, etc, and I'm always just like "HEY NO, JUST PLEASE NEVER USE YOUR HOME ADDRESS NO MATTER WHAT!" :hilarious:

• Helpful!
Reactions: TacoBelle and Gen
I saw a girl on Twitter yesterday who used a website that supposedly keeps your address completely anonymous!!! I am combing the shit out of my TL looking for it but I can't find it!!!! (Also haven't looked all the way into it so not sure if it's for sure)

I will be back when I find it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?!

I saw a girl on Twitter yesterday who used a website that supposedly keeps your address completely anonymous!!! I am combing the shit out of my TL looking for it but I can't find it!!!! (Also haven't looked all the way into it so not sure if it's for sure)

I will be back when I find it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?!

Was it Delivery Code?

Hot damn, I did not know this.
NOT COOL AMAZON.

Yes. Is it legit?

Hi there! My name is Petra and I've worked at FreeOnes for ages and ages. Here back in April I left FreeOnes to work for both www.customs4u.com and www.deliverycode.com.

DC is completely legit! In a nutshell, you can put nearly any item from nearly any website on your wishlist and the DC platform acts as a barrier between you and your fan/admirer!

We just added a store where you can add items to your wishlist directly (or you can copy the URL and add it as well) and the next thing we have coming up is widgets you can put in your websites, on your blogs, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, more than happy to answer them!

Reactions: lunarxkittn
Hi there! My name is Petra and I've worked at FreeOnes for ages and ages. Here back in April I left FreeOnes to work for both www.customs4u.com and www.deliverycode.com.

DC is completely legit! In a nutshell, you can put nearly any item from nearly any website on your wishlist and the DC platform acts as a barrier between you and your fan/admirer!

We just added a store where you can add items to your wishlist directly (or you can copy the URL and add it as well) and the next thing we have coming up is widgets you can put in your websites, on your blogs, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, more than happy to answer them!
this sounds great!

You can hide your name and street addy but your city AND state will still show. Theres no way to hide that. Amazon AND third party sellers have given out that info though multiple times for years and there's no way to prevent that. It's not just third party sellers who get it and in some instances the guys dont even try to get the info but get it anyway. (Delivery confirmations and such.) So do not trust just not allowing third parties cause amazon has done it too. Like Bob said you can add ONLY egift cards from Amazon and only accept those. If you have no address in the account then they cant get one from you. I do know lots of girls use PO Boxes or remailers (a place gets the package then repacks and mails it out to you themselves) but I warn against PO Boxes cause guys have been known to ship something and wait at the box for the girl to show up and follow her home and such. Its not super popular to have happen but HAS happened. Guys can also mail you things like GPS trackers and crap and find you that way too. Again not super common but better safe than sorry.

Jeeze! Super scary! But good to know! Thanks!

Hello! Hopping on here:happy:
Just had my first prezzie arrive from my Amazon Wishlist. Squeee! I don't have the address set to my house buuut the set up I have is a pain in the ass and it would be nice to have something like Delivery Code! Has anyone used this service/site? Any insight would be amazerbeams :cat:

I have been wondering if the members real name is revealed to the model if they purchase something on a wishlist. Does Amazon have an anonymous option when buying wishlist items?

I realize that members have less to worry about in terms of safety compared to models. My wife doesn't mind me fooling around and I have less to be concerned about than many married members, however some degree of privacy/anonymity is still nice to have. I would like to think that I can trust any model that I find interesting enough to send a gift to, but I would be more inclined to purchase a wishlist item on Amazon if I knew that I was not potentially giving out my personal details to the member and whoever else has access to her computer and Amazon account.

I have been wondering if the members real name is revealed to the model if they purchase something on a wishlist. Does Amazon have an anonymous option when buying wishlist items?

I realize that members have less to worry about in terms of safety compared to models. My wife doesn't mind me fooling around and I have less to be concerned about than many married members, however some degree of privacy/anonymity is still nice to have. I would like to think that I can trust any model that I find interesting enough to send a gift to, but I would be more inclined to purchase a wishlist item on Amazon if I knew that I was not potentially giving out my personal details to the member and whoever else has access to her computer and Amazon account.
I do recall seeing a guy's name on the invoice included in the box of one of my first amazon gifts ever. It has been close to 5 years since then, not sure if anything changed.

I do recall seeing a guy's name on the invoice included in the box of one of my first amazon gifts ever. It has been close to 5 years since then, not sure if anything changed.
I've had it happen as well and within the past year. Not always, but sometimes. Third parties it happens a lot more with than Amazon, but it can happen still.

I would say that about half of the gifts I receive have a packing slip with the member's name and address on it. I'm not sure if it's because of third-party content or if it's just random, but yep. Always just assume that we can find your name and address. If you're really worried about it, just send her a giftcard with a link to the item you want to buy her. That way, she can have it sent to her house (yay for saving time and money on driving out of her way) and you can keep your IRL info secret (yay for anonymity)!

Kinda, but not really. You can set your wishlist to show only your name and your state. So you could theoretically use your stage name and only have your general location showing. The problem with that is that members who buy from your wishlist can still find your address (even if they're not actively looking for it) if they buy something from a third party seller. If you put up a wishlist, then regardless of what privacy settings you use, you run the risk of members finding out your personal information.

From what I can tell, there's two main methods that cam girls use to get around this. Well, three actually.

1) Put items on your wishlist that you'd like to receive, don't enter an address, but instead offer members the option to send an Amazon gift card to your email address for the amount that the item costs (have them specify which item it is in the email).

2) Buy/rent a PO Box somewhere close enough to you that you can easily travel there, but far enough away that should a member find out where your PO Box is, they're still miles away from your actual home. You then get the items sent to your PO Box and collect them when you're ready.

3) Make do without gifts and just accept payment through the site you work on.

They actually show the city as well on top of the state/province. I live in Canada so I'm unfortunately not able to recieve Amazon gift cards for whatever reason they're only offered to US residents >.<. I also don't see it as being worthwhile/cost efficient for me to pay for a PO box nor do I think it would make sense to use some sort of package forwarding system considering like half of the items on my wishlist are under $20 and most of those alone charge $20 or so just for shipping.

I have it set up so I only give my wishlist URL out to people who ask me first through Tumblr, MyFreeCams, or ManyVids so if their account seems sketchy/they have an IP address indicating they live in the same province as me I will refuse them. This is by no means secure though and I do realize that people can pretty easily just change their IP address anyways if they really wanted to so I'll most likely just get rid of my wishlist completely soon.

Do any of you guys know of any good online sex shops (preferably Canadian) where you can create a secure wishlist on? Or do any of you know how you can have Amazon gift cards emailed to you if you're a non US resident? My Amazon wishlist is using the American server (Amazon.COM) so maybe if I try the Canadian it will allow me? They have very little on the Canadian Amazon website unfortunately but if I can do that then I will convert.

Last edited:
this sounds great!

Yeah but upon looking at their website (I decided to check out Viabox as well) the shipping cost for sending any item is pretty hefty imo otherwise I would definitely be jumping on board to that *sigh*.

They actually show the city as well on top of the state/province. I live in Canada so I'm unfortunately not able to recieve Amazon gift cards for whatever reason they're only offered to US residents >.<. I also don't see it as being worthwhile/cost efficient for me to pay for a PO box nor do I think it would make sense to use some sort of package forwarding system considering like half of the items on my wishlist are under $20 and most of those alone charge $20 or so just for shipping.

I have it set up so I only give my wishlist URL out to people who ask me first through Tumblr, MyFreeCams, or ManyVids so if their account seems sketchy/they have an IP address indicating they live in the same province as me I will refuse them. This is by no means secure though and I do realize that people can pretty easily just change their IP address anyways if they really wanted to so I'll most likely just get rid of my wishlist completely soon.

Do any of you guys know of any good online sex shops (preferably Canadian) where you can create a secure wishlist on? Or do any of you know how you can have Amazon gift cards emailed to you if you're a non US resident? My Amazon wishlist is using the American server (Amazon.COM) so maybe if I try the Canadian it will allow me? They have very little on the Canadian Amazon website unfortunately but if I can do that then I will convert.

Ms. Black, I really feel like you need a hug right now. You seem to not quite understand that PEOPLE CAN FIND YOUR PHYSICAL HOME ADDRESS extremely easily if you don't use a PO Box/giftcards/mail forwarding system. You have reasons that you can't or won't use each of those. And that's fine. But you need to delete your wishlist RIGHT NOW. The only safety precaution you're using is only giving your wishlist link to people who don't seem skeevy? First of all, most of the super creepy stalkers that girls have had throughout the years are the ones who "seemed like such a nice guy in the beginning." Literally. That's the number one quote from most girls who have been stalked/harassed/had a member show up to find them. Secondly, I found your wishlist within 10 seconds of searching. Yes, TEN SECONDS. I didn't even have to waste much time. Thirdly, over half of the items on your wishlist are from 3rd-party companies. Which means they're not sent nor fulfilled by Amazon. This means that I can order something and immediately find out where you and your family live. Delete it. Now. Only accept tokens until you can find a more safe and secure way to receive gifts.

Ms. Black, I really feel like you need a hug right now. You seem to not quite understand that PEOPLE CAN FIND YOUR PHYSICAL HOME ADDRESS extremely easily if you don't use a PO Box/giftcards/mail forwarding system. You have reasons that you can't or won't use each of those. And that's fine. But you need to delete your wishlist RIGHT NOW. The only safety precaution you're using is only giving your wishlist link to people who don't seem skeevy? First of all, most of the super creepy stalkers that girls have had throughout the years are the ones who "seemed like such a nice guy in the beginning." Literally. That's the number one quote from most girls who have been stalked/harassed/had a member show up to find them. Secondly, I found your wishlist within 10 seconds of searching. Yes, TEN SECONDS. I didn't even have to waste much time. Thirdly, over half of the items on your wishlist are from 3rd-party companies. Which means they're not sent nor fulfilled by Amazon. This means that I can order something and immediately find out where you and your family live. Delete it. Now. Only accept tokens until you can find a more safe and secure way to receive gifts.

Lol thanks for the hug and also thanks for the heads up. I am aware of the fact that your full address can be shown if someone gifts you with something, the city aspect alone (what people can view without gifting you) I was worried about solely because of websites out there such as A n o n i b, meaning if someone noticed my city they could easily post pictures of me onto there where people irl may recognize me. Like I said it's not worthwhile/cost efficient for me to go the PO box or mail forwarding service route but I have taken your heads up seriously so what I plan to do is delete my wishlist and then try to create one on the Amazon.CA website without displaying my shipping adress, city, and see if I can then accept Amazon gift cards, I will update if it allows me to, if not that will be turfed as well lol.

Still wondering if any of you are aware of any secure online sex shops in case it will not allow me to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.