AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hiring a Professional Photographer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppins

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious if any models hire a Photographer for making content, or to push marketing via social media?

No because we can just take the pictures ourselves. Most the time photographers hire us for there site not the other way around. I'm sure there are girls who think they need to hire a photographer but its really not necessary.

Are we talking strictly cam or adult in general?
Plenty of models hire professional photographers, I'm a photographer and I do photos for models quite a bit, both established and aspiring. The #1 reason a model would pay for a photographer is so they can have high-quality promotional or portfolio pictures that they have the rights to. A lot of models don't realize they are using photos they don't have commercial rights to, just because the photo is of you doesn't mean you own it.

Sometimes established models want photos with a specific look for their website, or they need full rights to a few pro-quality photos for promotional reasons (e.g: advertising at exhibition), or they just had a major look change and want to update their portfolio asap...there's lots of reasons a model would pay for a photographer.

But like Bianca said, it's not really necessary in cam/clip world. Self-shot pictures will suffice, especially if we're talking social media or amateur
content. Plus, we tend to get paid to pose, not the other way around. But ... like I said before, we don't always have the rights to those so we can't use them promotionally. Some of the big names in the "indie/amateur" world definitely hire photographers and camera operators for content and promo, but they make more a month than some Americans make in a year...soooo.

As a professional photographer and model, I'm a real stickler for high-quality images. I had some photos taken of me by a professional for my website, but it was a friendly exchange so I didn't pay them, they just gave me the rights to use them for whatever I want. I would have paid a friend, but otherwise, I wouldn't reach out to pay someone I didn't know and/or admire.

Now if you're asking this because you want to just start approaching cam models online and start offering to take photos for them, don't. We get that kind of shit daily and it's almost always a sure sign of someone with bad intentions. When a model needs photos they tend to reach out to someone whose work speaks for itself and they feel they can trust.

I wouldn't hire a photographer. I kept typing "unless" until I realized that I'd grab a friend, a blue tooth shutter, something before approaching a third party. The only sex work I do right now is cam/clip making, I don't need a professional portfolio, and I personally enjoy the amateur look from my photos now. If I do ever go into the modeling side, I would work with women who were recognized in the industry and were models/cam models themselves. I've heard a lot of things about- even the well known- fetish men photographers to make me wary of ever working with one.

I hire one sometimes for my yearly calendar shots and prints etc. It's deffinately not a necessary thing. Trade shoots can work out well for a lot of things, HOWEVER there are times when you need all the rights to an image or video and you need them to execute a very specific concept for you. These things IMO are worth hiring for sometimes.

I own a production company (Adult Indie Productions) and we do quite a bit of "for hire" photo work, though trade video is our main focus a lot of models hire us for photos. We only really work in the indie adult industry so I can at least atest to yes, yes many do.
I would say the vast majority of models hire us for themselves, because THEY want images that make them feel amazing... not because anyone expects them.

In my experience... The better the quality, the more pride you have in the content and the better you sell it just from your own hype. Even if it's just promo pictures, youll post more often, guaranteed, if you love the way those images make you look/feel.

Thank you for all your replies....and apologies for the late reply. I'm a bit rubbish with forums! I wanted to make monthly nude galleries to sell on MFC. Thankfully I managed to find a local photographer who wanted to collaborate with me and he has given me the rights to the images. I did buy a DSLR last month, but trying to take nice pictures with it myself was a total nightmare! haha.

What do you ladies use to make videos? I'm just thinking of using my webcam (C920) . I just can't get my head around using my DSLR! x

Status
Not open for further replies.