AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do girls become so successful on this site?? How do I get there???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which is better?

• Chaturbate

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • My Free Cams

Votes: 65 80.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I'm running in to with watching successful models NOW, is that what they're doing NOW isn't necessarily what they were doing when they had NO viewers in order to GET viewers. It might be but I can't tell from over here. That's why I'm asking for specific suggestions.

Reactions: Mila_
I think it's more useful to watch models slightly above you -- say your camscore is 1500 and you want to get to 2000, watch girls around you and around your goal. See how they interact with a small room and what works/what doesn't.

For me, watching top models was a waste of time because they'd usually have a core group of regulars, plus a large group of chatty passer-bys. So watching a model who's keeping the interest of a smaller handful of members was more useful.

I think it's more useful to watch models slightly above you -- say your camscore is 1500 and you want to get to 2000, watch girls around you and around your goal. See how they interact with a small room and what works/what doesn't.

For me, watching top models was a waste of time because they'd usually have a core group of regulars, plus a large group of chatty passer-bys. So watching a model who's keeping the interest of a smaller handful of members was more useful.
Yeah, exactly.

That's good advice. :) I'll do that.

Reactions: telemetry1
What I'm saying is that what "it" is, is never the same or one fit. The majority of successful models found their unique personal "it" through massive amounts of trial, error and failure.

I know it's frustrating, I just think it's important to understand for all models reading this. I see too many amazing people destroy their self esteem over YEARS trying to find that moment, and I just wish we were all a lil bit more honest with newcomers how incredibly cut throat and difficult this industry actually is.

That doesn't mean you don't have "it"... but only you can find it if you do.

Some models just DON'T DO WELL on token sites. Give a private-based site like Streamate, or hell, even Cams.
And yes I agree! clip sales are also a big market too

My advice was better than gold. But they won't post it. You would be swimming in cash right now if you got my advice

Clearly @AmberCutie wants to keep your life changing advice all for herself which is why she won't let you post it. Yup, this is the only explanation that makes sense... :p

Read psychology books. Read sociology books. Read about the history of sex & sexuality. Research sex. Research personality types & how to influence them. Research body language & use it.....dig for what makes the human brain fire, and you'll have a better perspective.

Also: books about film, photography and visual arts may be helpful. We love the paintings and photographs we love for a reason. Try to be creative with composition (I know, a bit harder to do when you are moving around and all)

Then again, I have seen a lot of models with a photography background pretty much disregard everything they learned there too (about things like lighting and composition)

All I can say is face time, stay on cam!!! You can't make money if you are not on cam. All it takes is one person who likes you and wants to spend money! I can't tell you how many times I do nothing for a whole hour and then one guy takes me for a long private. It can be frustrating but worth it in the long run. I can only tell you about MFC but for me, higher room numbers does not equal more money. I actually find that when I get too many people in my room, I make way less money. I feel like guys are afraid to PM me about a show if my chat room is active. Almost like they are interrupting me. Also I feel like charging for private messages can be a mistake. I set up most of my shows through PM because its way more personal and many guys want to set something up before they actually buy the tokens. But that is just my two cents. Best of luck to you!!!!

Do an exercise: watch other cams like you were a viewer. When you feel entertained and want to remain in a room longer than 30 seconds note what it is that you are enjoying. When you exit a room note what it was that the model did (or didn't do) that bored you. Repeat the exercise with your sound on "mute" so you can focus on the visuals only. What is it that the model is doing visually that you find attractive or boring? Try to develop your camgirl palate like this so you can tell what is exciting and what isn't.

You should also pay a lot of attention to your own shows to see what works and what doesn't. You already found a strategy that works better than average for you which is the "my parents in the next room shhhh" gimmick. What do you think that this gimmick has that draws people in? I will tell you... sexiness is more exciting when you involve the mind. So think about what other taboo scenarios or mind games you can play with your audience that will get their juices flowing through their imagination more than their eyeballs.

The system is not rigged. Yesterday I had 3000 viewers. On exceptional days I have 4000+. On an average day I have 1000 to 2000 people watching. I am mostly non-nude as well. Putting your camera on your pussy is not a magic wand that will draw people in just because. There are 1000s of pussies on CB, a close up will only get you that far. Think of ways to entice them and keep their attention that doesn't involve your pussy.
As you clearly understand the camming girls who do well are those ones that use a bit of psychology and showmanship. There are lots of beautiful cam girls but it is the smart ones who use their brains as well, that make a difference with clever and inventive shows which are a real joy to watch and participate and you really want to help them and see them do well.

I'm watching your show right now and I don't hear any music. Music gets people into the mood.

Reactions: Puffin
I did really well stripping so I thought I'd be great with token sites, and I did alright on MFC for a short time. Then it got bad and just kept getting worse. I switched over to Streammate. It's my first week, but it's steady income above what I make in a day job, and I get to chat with really cool ladies in the background without losing customers. People actually pay for my attention. I would suggest switching to something like
Streammate if you're struggling with MFC or Chaturbate. It has done wonders for my work ethic and it's only been a week. I don't feel like I'm putting in my all and only getting back scraps anymore.

I also started using CamModelDirectory in the background last night and made an extra $50 for two short, vanilla shows without promoting my ad or anything like that. There are other sites out there that could be a better fit for you.

For me, it took time and patience. For CB, (this is just my opinion and from personal experience), I normally saw a spike in number of viewers after I got naked and started working towards a more explicit goal. Very few times did I log on and have a surge of viewers right away to place me on the front page. It takes time to build up a following, so definitely log on as much as possible! The more hours you're on CB, the more people will find you/follow you and the more regulars you will have who will hopefully help with your daily token goals (which in turn will lead to more viewers because, yay, boobs! :p)

I've only really noticed couples or really well established/popular models be able to log in and within 10 minutes have thousands of viewers. I've been on CB for around 8 months and my room count is generally ~500 after I'm naked and working towards a cum show. Even then, I logged on CB last week and was online for an hour with under 50 viewers. It's really random. Some days I won't have even 200 in my room for a full show, but that's okay. I'm happy with hitting my token goal for the day regardless of the number of viewers.

I got really caught up in number of followers I had and the number of people in my room (sometimes I still do). Personally, it wasn't good for my mental health to focus on those things since they caused a lot of stress. Try to have fun and stay upbeat! With time, it will get easier and you will see an increase of your overall viewer numbers.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
I'm guessing all of this would go for guys too wouldn't it? I have been doing this for almost a month. I've had a little bit of tipping. Between a couple privates and tipping. I've maid probably in the range of 500 or 600 which isn't much but I am a guy so that will have a huge affect.

300 people??? Yipes. I never had that many at any point. How did you do that???

I feel like the system is rigged and they chose random people to promote more than others. I can't think of anything I'm not doing that I haven't seen successful models do. Even putting the camera on my pussy right away only brought in a few people the other night. Heh.
I just started camming and have done maybe 15 hours of camming and i average about 100-200 people (300 on my best time) . I noticed you really need to cash in on some kind of specific thing to get attention. I focused on nerdy/geeky things. dancing to geeky music, talking about nerd things, having nerd stuff in the background. Seems the more you gt to the personality of those watching the more they stay and tip you. find a niche!

For me getting my room count up took a better webcam, better lighting, more dancing and interaction. Then as my clothes come off the count goes up. Camscore also had a bit to do with it, though not as much as I would have thought. I know when I'm doing something that looks good as the count will go up, if I then sit down and do something less interesting the count will go down. Like clockwork, and always to about the same points.

• Helpful!
Reactions: eyeteach
Status
Not open for further replies.