AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do girls become so successful on this site?? How do I get there???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which is better?

• Chaturbate

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • My Free Cams

Votes: 65 80.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Ann

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 13, 2016
United States
www.kittyannlove.com
Twitter Username
@kitty_ann_love
MFC Username
kitty_ann
Chaturbate Username
kitty_ann
How do girls go from 5-12 people in a room at a time to hundreds/thousands in the room at a time?? How do they accomplish this?

All advice welcome. :)

My Chaturbate tag is Kitty_Ann!!!

For me, it took time and patience. For CB, (this is just my opinion and from personal experience), I normally saw a spike in number of viewers after I got naked and started working towards a more explicit goal. Very few times did I log on and have a surge of viewers right away to place me on the front page. It takes time to build up a following, so definitely log on as much as possible! The more hours you're on CB, the more people will find you/follow you and the more regulars you will have who will hopefully help with your daily token goals (which in turn will lead to more viewers because, yay, boobs! :p)

I've only really noticed couples or really well established/popular models be able to log in and within 10 minutes have thousands of viewers. I've been on CB for around 8 months and my room count is generally ~500 after I'm naked and working towards a cum show. Even then, I logged on CB last week and was online for an hour with under 50 viewers. It's really random. Some days I won't have even 200 in my room for a full show, but that's okay. I'm happy with hitting my token goal for the day regardless of the number of viewers.

I got really caught up in number of followers I had and the number of people in my room (sometimes I still do). Personally, it wasn't good for my mental health to focus on those things since they caused a lot of stress. Try to have fun and stay upbeat! With time, it will get easier and you will see an increase of your overall viewer numbers.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

As best I can tell, a mix of hard work, research, luck, perseverance, consistency, effective marketing, being able to weather setbacks, having the right combination of looks and personality, and having clear and achievable goals that can be built on. Good luck!

The first two weeks or so I logged onto Chaturbate I had consistently 300 or so people in my room. I still didn't make very much. Sometimes I made much more when I only had 50 or so in my room.

To get more viewers you need to have viewers. Because with more viewers you go to a higher page. I think to build up a large room count you need to invest time in your new model status and keep some consistency. You need good lighting, cam, HD, all that stuff. Over time you will get more and more follows, thus more and more viewers.

Forgot to add. Myfreecams I've noticed you will generally have a LOT less viewers. That takes time, consistency and having a decent score. Myfreecams also has more paying members but also more trolls and needy members.

Reactions: tchabada
As best I can tell, a mix of hard work, research, luck, perseverance, consistency, effective marketing, being able to weather setbacks, having the right combination of looks and personality, and having clear and achievable goals that can be built on. Good luck!
I would add a large amount of patience to work through the slow times is needed as well.
I think most models will tell you it also takes a lot of work off-camera.as well.
By that I mean planning shows, thinking up games, figuring out the best times to cam to draw the most members, what to do to build up you number of regulars and other things too.
Patience is key, don't give up without trying really hard if you want to do this.
From what I've heard models say, this takes as much time as a regular job does so hang in there if you want to do this.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
First of all: It is a job that is harder than most people reckon. It's not for the faint. It can be dull, it can be draining, it can be brutal and it can be fun. It does take work, lots of work. I will never deny that! Setting everything up can be a nightmare already. Is the stream working well enough? Am I visible enough? Can my viewers actually hear what I say when they have all volumes at an expected medium?

And that is the beginning. From there: persevere. I have seen a lot of models quit within weeks simply because they expected more, if not too much from the job. Yes, sometimes a model starts that immediately rakes in hundreds of dollars each night.. but those are very rare indeed. I have seen that happen about 3 times in 4 years now.

Most have a good first week, depending on their own looks and personality.. then a dip and then they work their way up. With luck into a top 20 model, with perseverance at least into a model that will be able to sustain herself.

Good luck.

It seems that some models make the mistake of thinking "I just turn on my cam, sit there and rake in the dollars".
Don't fall into that trap.
I forgot there are a ton of morons that will come into your room and insult you, belittle you and harass you just to boost their own fragile ego. Don't let them get to you!
Give yourself time to build a loyal following of members as much as moral support as well as monetary support. They will help you through the tough times.

I am an MFC girl so can only comment regarding MFC.

It's hard. It takes time and trial and error.

I joined 6 months ago, and being honest thought it was going to be easy money. So wrong lol. The competition is so high that sitting there waiting to be tipped wasn't going to work. My cam score dipped to 866 then it went to 1200 and stayed there 4 months. Tips were far and few between, hardly any one in room. Some nights i'd come of exhausted and in tears.

After trying all hours, different looks, games etc and I found something that worked and bit by bit my viewers came in, along with the tips and regulars. September was amazing but October has been quiet.

You will get there but it does take time. Look at successful girls. What are they doing, how can YOU be different, be positive, set a target (400 tips to topless etc...), got a big tipper? Keep in contact! ...

I do tend to find the American's do far better than the British....

Good Luck and don't give up xx

It seems that some models make the mistake of thinking "I just turn on my cam, sit there and rake in the dollars".
I forgot there are a ton of morons that will come into your room and insult you, belittle you and harass you just to boost their own fragile ego. Don't let them get to you!
Give yourself time to build a loyal following of members as much as moral support as well as monetary support. They will help you through the tough times.
This is very very very very very true!

What do you suggest, if just turning on my camera doesn't work?

What do I do? Is it how I sit? Do I have to move around every ten seconds? Do I have to take off my clothes right away? Do I have to make them tip me to take stuff off? I have heard every suggestion under the sun and I haven't figured out a single thing that worked except the gimmick of "My parents are in the other room, shh! Let's not wake them up!" (which was true, but it was my bf's mom lol). I can't do that every day because people would notice so I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

I would add a large amount of patience to work through the slow times is needed as well.
I think most models will tell you it also takes a lot of work off-camera.as well.
By that I mean planning shows, thinking up games, figuring out the best times to cam to draw the most members, what to do to build up you number of regulars and other things too.
Patience is key, don't give up without trying really hard if you want to do this.
From what I've heard models say, this takes as much time as a regular job does so hang in there if you want to do this.
Best of luck.
I don't know what kinds of things these ARE, though, and when I do think of the occasional thing to do, most people don't respond to it. I think of games and times and I try everything and nothing has seemed to work. It just flops, most days. I am getting frustrated because I feel I'm doing a ton of work into this and it's going nowhere.

The first two weeks or so I logged onto Chaturbate I had consistently 300 or so people in my room. I still didn't make very much. Sometimes I made much more when I only had 50 or so in my room.

To get more viewers you need to have viewers. Because with more viewers you go to a higher page. I think to build up a large room count you need to invest time in your new model status and keep some consistency. You need good lighting, cam, HD, all that stuff. Over time you will get more and more follows, thus more and more viewers.

Forgot to add. Myfreecams I've noticed you will generally have a LOT less viewers. That takes time, consistency and having a decent score. Myfreecams also has more paying members but also more trolls and needy members.
300 people??? Yipes. I never had that many at any point. How did you do that???

I feel like the system is rigged and they chose random people to promote more than others. I can't think of anything I'm not doing that I haven't seen successful models do. Even putting the camera on my pussy right away only brought in a few people the other night. Heh.

For me, it took time and patience. For CB, (this is just my opinion and from personal experience), I normally saw a spike in number of viewers after I got naked and started working towards a more explicit goal. Very few times did I log on and have a surge of viewers right away to place me on the front page. It takes time to build up a following, so definitely log on as much as possible! The more hours you're on CB, the more people will find you/follow you and the more regulars you will have who will hopefully help with your daily token goals (which in turn will lead to more viewers because, yay, boobs! :p)

I've only really noticed couples or really well established/popular models be able to log in and within 10 minutes have thousands of viewers. I've been on CB for around 8 months and my room count is generally ~500 after I'm naked and working towards a cum show. Even then, I logged on CB last week and was online for an hour with under 50 viewers. It's really random. Some days I won't have even 200 in my room for a full show, but that's okay. I'm happy with hitting my token goal for the day regardless of the number of viewers.

I got really caught up in number of followers I had and the number of people in my room (sometimes I still do). Personally, it wasn't good for my mental health to focus on those things since they caused a lot of stress. Try to have fun and stay upbeat! With time, it will get easier and you will see an increase of your overall viewer numbers.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
I have been on for months and months and months and I still only get 0-10 viewers in a room at a time!!!! :( What am I doing wrong?

You're right, its frustrating and bad for my mental health, but I feel like a failure and I really need this to work out because I don't have a job right now.

Even when I'm naked I don't get more than 10 people in my room.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I even have a Lovense NORA.

Try another site. Chaturbate and MFC were both complete busts for me. Streamate and indie camming is works for me.

I feel like the system is rigged and they chose random people to promote more than others. I can't think of anything I'm not doing that I haven't seen successful models do. Even putting the camera on my pussy right away only brought in a few people the other night. Heh.

On a lot of these sites you need good equipment and have to stand out.

I had a really good computer, high settings, high settings on my cam + I was really pale, pale pink hair and dressed like an anime girl. I honestly think that was why I had so much traffic. I work somewhere else and I still get much more traffic when I stand out from the rest of the girls vs not. I think people pop into your room because they find something that interests them and they stay there because they find you entertaining/interesting + you have good equipment. But one thing I will note, me looking "different" just got more viewers, it didn't get me paying ones. It gave me short, quick traffic. Not quality traffic. I think you should shoot for quality traffic. Plus a lot of that traffic treated me like shit vs when I'd get on at a later time and wear a black wig I got much less but higher quality traffic that actually treated me with a bit more respect. It's different for everyone and you just gotta play around.

On a lot of these sites you need good equipment and have to stand out.

I had a really good computer, high settings, high settings on my cam + I was really pale, pale pink hair and dressed like an anime girl. I honestly think that was why I had so much traffic. I work somewhere else and I still get much more traffic when I stand out from the rest of the girls vs not. I think people pop into your room because they find something that interests them and they stay there because they find you entertaining/interesting + you have good equipment. But one thing I will note, me looking "different" just got more viewers, it didn't get me paying ones. It gave me short, quick traffic. Not quality traffic. I think you should shoot for quality traffic. Plus a lot of that traffic treated me like shit vs when I'd get on at a later time and wear a black wig I got much less but higher quality traffic that actually treated me with a bit more respect. It's different for everyone and you just gotta play around.
Good point.... Hmm........

Now I have a ton of thinking to do.

What do I do? Is it how I sit? Do I have to move around every ten seconds? Do I have to take off my clothes right away? Do I have to make them tip me to take stuff off? I have heard every suggestion under the sun and I haven't figured out a single thing that worked except the gimmick of "My parents are in the other room, shh! Let's not wake them up!" (which was true, but it was my bf's mom lol). I can't do that every day because people would notice so I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

Do an exercise: watch other cams like you were a viewer. When you feel entertained and want to remain in a room longer than 30 seconds note what it is that you are enjoying. When you exit a room note what it was that the model did (or didn't do) that bored you. Repeat the exercise with your sound on "mute" so you can focus on the visuals only. What is it that the model is doing visually that you find attractive or boring? Try to develop your camgirl palate like this so you can tell what is exciting and what isn't.

You should also pay a lot of attention to your own shows to see what works and what doesn't. You already found a strategy that works better than average for you which is the "my parents in the next room shhhh" gimmick. What do you think that this gimmick has that draws people in? I will tell you... sexiness is more exciting when you involve the mind. So think about what other taboo scenarios or mind games you can play with your audience that will get their juices flowing through their imagination more than their eyeballs.

The system is not rigged. Yesterday I had 3000 viewers. On exceptional days I have 4000+. On an average day I have 1000 to 2000 people watching. I am mostly non-nude as well. Putting your camera on your pussy is not a magic wand that will draw people in just because. There are 1000s of pussies on CB, a close up will only get you that far. Think of ways to entice them and keep their attention that doesn't involve your pussy.

Do an exercise: watch other cams like you were a viewer. When you feel entertained and want to remain in a room longer than 30 seconds note what it is that you are enjoying. When you exit a room note what it was that the model did (or didn't do) that bored you. Repeat the exercise with your sound on "mute" so you can focus on the visuals only. What is it that the model is doing visually that you find attractive or boring? Try to develop your camgirl palate like this so you can tell what is exciting and what isn't.

You should also pay a lot of attention to your own shows to see what works and what doesn't. You already found a strategy that works better than average for you which is the "my parents in the next room shhhh" gimmick. What do you think that this gimmick has that draws people in? I will tell you... sexiness is more exciting when you involve the mind. So think about what other taboo scenarios or mind games you can play with your audience that will get their juices flowing through their imagination more than their eyeballs.

The system is not rigged. Yesterday I had 3000 viewers. On exceptional days I have 4000+. On an average day I have 1000 to 2000 people watching. I am mostly non-nude as well. Putting your camera on your pussy is not a magic wand that will draw people in just because. There are 1000s of pussies on CB, a close up will only get you that far. Think of ways to entice them and keep their attention that doesn't involve your pussy.

Do you think that its different as a female though? I like the cute outfits, the teasing. Talking to the models, or seeing their personality come out on screen. I'm not as attracted to blatant sexual things/squirting/shaking unless I like the model in the first place. I am unsure yet as to whether Chaturbate customers are largely like that.

I also know that using my lovense works well. I want to get the little one but right now I'm saving up for rent. :)

And I have noticed that some girls wear lots of clothes and get viewers and I just assumed they got lucky or the site picked them to show more viewers to / put on the front page / whatever. Though being able to do mostly non-nude would be nice, as I like a balance.

Do you think that its different as a female though? I like the cute outfits, the teasing. Talking to the models, or seeing their personality come out on screen. I'm not as attracted to blatant sexual things/squirting/shaking unless I like the model in the first place. I am unsure yet as to whether Chaturbate customers are largely like that.

I also know that using my lovense works well. I want to get the little one but right now I'm saving up for rent. :)

And I have noticed that some girls wear lots of clothes and get viewers and I just assumed they got lucky or the site picked them to show more viewers to / put on the front page / whatever. Though being able to do mostly non-nude would be nice, as I like a balance.

The biggest mistake is to think men are all that different from us in terms of what they find entertaining. Surely, some men really are cavemen who will get turned on by the close up of a pussy no matter who it belongs to. But there is a lot of overlap between members who are like this and greys who don't ever tip... I mean, why tip if every pussy turns you on the same?

Men who tip are usually more into the interaction with the girl and liking them as a person beyond the sexual sphere. Sexuality is the reason they are there, but they get attached to a girl because of what they see her project. Her pussy is exciting because it belongs to her. So it is unique. So it is worth tipping for. So.. yeah, the guys that matter like girls to have a personality, turns out.

On the subject of watching cams, it helps to develop a certain attraction to girls. I am straight but I can easily get turned on by a camgirl if I put myself into that mind-space because I have cultivated a palate for it after years of watching cams. I can tell if something gives the audience the tingles or not. The girls I find attractive are hardly ever doing cum shows, though. I'm into sensuality which is why I am a teaser.

Last edited:
Kitsune has a point. 1. Guys will spend money on you if they like YOU. They can easily go to pornhub and get random porn. You need to be more than just porn. 2. It does help to understand the mind of the member. If you look exclusively through your own perspective you may have some problems succeeding.

In my room back on Chaturbate something I was always praised for was actually talking to the guys. Another thing was my personality. If you don't let your personality, or at least A personality through it'll be harder for people to actually stick around.

I think that your profile is very important as to put the rules it's hard work but ask for respect first try to catch 6 8 guys that see you constantly they will pay for attention

How do girls go from 5-12 people in a room at a time to hundreds/thousands in the room at a time?? How do they accomplish this?

All advice welcome. :)

My Chaturbate tag is Kitty_Ann!!!
I am telemetry new here but I think it's more kind of having a promoter tricks to attract clients is merchandising and do some good friends or open account as client offline tip yourself also create curiosity by putting high topics friends can tip 20000 tokens for boobs making other clients curious nudity is not equal to more people or tips sell your image use. Twitter snap etc

I am telemetry new here but I think it's more kind of having a promoter tricks to attract clients is merchandising and do some good friends or open account as client offline tip yourself also create curiosity by putting high topics friends can tip 20000 tokens for boobs making other clients curious nudity is not equal to more people or tips sell your image use. Twitter snap etc
I get the basic idea, but WHAT intrigues people? that's what I'm struggling with.

I think that your profile is very important as to put the rules it's hard work but ask for respect first try to catch 6 8 guys that see you constantly they will pay for attention
This is very true, I've found that I can have 2 people in a room and earn $50 in a night and have 20 and earn nothing, but I don't always know how to catch the attention of those guys and not just "get lucky."

I have rules set up, I have 4 apps running on Chaturbate, I have a website and everything. :) So its pretty set up.

This is very true, I've found that I can have 2 people in a room and earn $50 in a night and have 20 and earn nothing, but I don't always know how to catch the attention of those guys and not just "get lucky."

I have rules set up, I have 4 apps running on Chaturbate, I have a website and everything. :) So its pretty set up.
Try to look in other models rooms how they treat or do to start getting those 4 that will tip
All night the ones that in my case tip likes por chat sexy not masturbating maybe those are the ones

I get the basic idea, but WHAT intrigues people? that's what I'm struggling with.
In my case I prefer a good chat I can be all day tipping no need you to undress just be yourself I'm not the kind of Pvt guy why because I don't like to feel it fake and two I barely know you but instead a good chat sexy clothes try to look for frtish some like high heels other change clothes it's more a sensuous game or chat than jerking me with someone I don't know I prefer to see a porn movie right ? As a man POV no all are equal forget the jerk that's says stupid things open your pussy show tits fuck dildo now you understand the worst is the thst says marry me

If it was easy to pinpoint and lock down the "it" factor it would cease to be special, and camming depends a lot on that "it" factor.
Especially on sites like MFC or chaturbate. Not everybody has "it" and that doesn't mean they aren't amazing people.

If it was easy to pinpoint and lock down the "it" factor it would cease to be special, and camming depends a lot on that "it" factor.
Especially on sites like MFC or chaturbate. Not everybody has "it" and that doesn't mean they aren't amazing people.
Helpful....thanks.

Obviously there's something specific that you can do SPECIFICALLY to help. I am talented, lively, creative, fun, I love talking to customers, and I'm freaking hot / sexy / young / thin, so there's nothing wrong with my physique or appeal. There's no reason people shouldn't be flocking to my room if that's all its based off of. There must, therefore, be something else I can do to help the "it" factor. Ways of moving, sitting, setting up my camera, specific tips. That's all I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.