AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HOW DO YOU COME BACK FROM A BAD NIGHT ON CAM?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
I sat on cb for 1.5 hours tonight in a dead room. No one chatted or tipped. I finally turned my light out and logged out in tears once again.
How do I ever recover emotionally?
What it does to me emotionally is soul crushing. It made me feel ugly, not desired, not sexy, I feel like deleting my account and never camming again. How can some nights be so bad?

cute-baby-animals-05.jpg

Do something for yourself, some thing you enjoy. Maybe that means clean the house, make a good meal, go on a walk. Watch your fav movie.

It takes time to build an audience. Everyone keeps saying be consistent about the time you spend online.

Focus on having fun, try new things. :3

I think of it like fishing. You know there are fish but sometimes you never know what bait they want, if they just ate, blah blah blah. Sometimes you catch nothing and sometimes you hook whales. The more you try, the more consistent you are and the more you adapt as you can means you’ll catch some tippers. It takes time and patience. It is rough when it’s a dead night but you have to keep trying.
This is why there’s so many new cammers all the time and why so many quit. You have to keep trying and many don’t have the work ethic or time to do so. Good luck

I have the work ethic and I’m consistent. I’ve been doing it fulltime for 1.5 years. However, I can’t even get viewers in my room on cb today. How long do you stay online if it’s bad. I stay online way too long. 2 hours tonight. Made $1– 50 cents an hr. very hard to do a show when not 1 person tipped. I mean not just gonna cum on naked to draw viewers. And put my fleece pjs on and sat in the dark , then logged out.

Sorry to hear things are tough for you. Is there a downward trend that you're seeing which may be attributed? Not referring to post holidays dip. If it's been slowly dropping, maybe there's something you can change to draw people in and get the tips going again?

Wish you the best of luck!

Ultimately its a game of averages.. I like to keep all the small victories in mind. Like previous posts mentioned, do some things for you, self care. Tomorrow is a new day and it will be better for you :h:

I sat on cb for 1.5 hours tonight in a dead room. No one chatted or tipped. I finally turned my light out and logged out in tears once again.
How do I ever recover emotionally?
What it does to me emotionally is soul crushing. It made me feel ugly, not desired, not sexy, I feel like deleting my account and never camming again. How can some nights be so bad?
I am so sorry that you are going through this tonight. I hope that after some rest, things look better in the morning. I used to go through that, I would say off and on, my first 1-3 years of camming. Now I use filming clips for sites such as C4S as a coping strategy, for shitty nights. Otherwise I risk going into a self-perpetuating downward spiral, which the guys seem to be able to pick up on too, thus making them less likely to get a show, and me more likely to get in a negative mood, and them even less likely to get a show... and so on. You get the picture.

The last few years if I even begin feeling like that, and I have been continuously streaming for at least 15 mins, I Iog off, shoot a few fetish clips for C4S/ MV/ IWC, then I log back on again later, or another day. Just an hour can make the world of difference trafficwise, on the site I'm on. However, I have zero experience as a viewer, or model, using CB. After getting into that 15 min groove, the whole issue gradually just disappeared for me. Lol, probably in big part, because my fetish clips started drawing me in so much more traffic, but also just the mental stimulation and distraction of the routine of doing that (if that makes sense). Hugs to you. I hope things look/ get better ASAP.

ETA; for some weird reason I will totally change my outfit, hair and makeup, and try logging on again later too, and that seems to work for me also. It's like I am repainting my whole mood, and starting fresh for the night, you know. It works out surprisingly often. Who knows, maybe some of them, who cruised by me earlier in the night, don't even remember I'm the same chick, and think "Oh lets give this one a go!?" lol.

Last edited:
Try a new site bb if you haven’t already at some point. I’m not a huge fan of cb myself. Maybe you need something fresher. If you’re noticing a trend of more shitty nights either (or and) you, your show, or your site base needs to be tweaked.

shitty nights suuuuuuuuuuuck. I take a big bath with candles, bitch on here and then come up with a new angle and attack the next time I’m on.

I do think it’s time to try a new site. CB is very hard for me now. It’s mostly silent lurkers. I like talking to people and interacting. And I just don’t get that. i tried off and an for almost 8 hrs into the wee am and it never got better.
I’m emotionally drained. I hardly made any tokens. And I just can’t stay positive. It is beyond frustrating for me. And even on a ok day its still only 1-2 tippers and chatters even with a room of about 150– so that still frustrates me. I hate 1 person tipping for 100. It is why I prefer private shows.

You need to remove your emotion from your work. I literally reset and log in to try again next day.
I agree with the solution but in defense of OPs feelings I think it’s a little harder to do this on a token site because you are putting on a show every single second you are on as opposed to waiting for someone to take you private in a low key way... the investment is much higher so when you log off after struggling hard for hours you feel absolutely drained.

I agree with the solution but in defense of OPs feelings I think it’s a little harder to do this on a token site because you are putting on a show every single second you are on as opposed to waiting for someone to take you private in a low key way... the investment is much higher so when you log off after struggling hard for hours you feel absolutely drained.

I know all about the drain. I cammed on mfc for my first 1.5 years as my only job. It was a rough rollercoaster. I still had to reset and get back up and try again with less emotion. I felt like the more mechanical the better.

Gia, keep pushing. February is notoriously hard. Eat some food, sleep, drink water, and get back up and try again!

Well I tried again today, and I had a few chatting, but the tips were not inspiring. I could not even make $15 in 2 hrs. It is hardly worth the time to get ready and broadcast for so little. Cb is so hard right now for me.
Today was the least amount of traffic I have had in 5 years, it wasnt all bad though, when it's that quiet I normally find something else to be productive with and move the chat onto a second screen. So I managed to get a couple of videos edited while I was online. It's not just chaturbate that has gone quiet for me, I split cam on 3 sites and they were all pretty much dead tonight.

It's the worst when that happens. Happened to me last week, and it's tough not to take it personally, or feel 'unattractive'- because why else is no one around? I have also been camming for around 1.5 years now, and I have to keep telling myself 'the good days outnumber the bad'...
I went through a drought on CB before deciding to try MFC, and it was great to change things up. Have you ever streamed on MFC? If not, maybe try it out- be the 'new model' and see what happens! My room has been really slow lately, so I am thinking of trying out Streamate. And I just reactivated my Sextpanther the other day and actually have made a little money there!
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.