AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you know if a model is trying to take advantage of you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"t could be both, really. Some might really be taken advantage of by unscrupulous studios, others might just use the bad studio routine as a sympathy ploy.

Also, I know of someone who got outed in Romania, it actually caused some of their family members to lose jobs. I guess it just depends"

Nicely balanced and as a Romanian studio model once explained to me, folks there sure like the cam girls' money, but still call them bitches. However, I think the big nasty studio angle gets over done. Models I now who started in studios but now work from home nearly all say the same thing - they didn't like the studios taking 50% and to a lesser extent working 4-6 sites simultaneously to grind out private shows. Only one mentioned shitty studio behavriour and she was a hustler

Do you have some grievance with the quote function on the forum? You keep copy+pasting, when hitting the button would be way less work.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
cutting and pasting to reduce the volume of text is all
Highlight the section of text you want to quote. That's what I just did with this ^^. That page I linked shows how to do it.

The conversation I related, drawn from memory, the model did actually say "not even human" referring to the view of tippers. She also did make a reference to cattle.

The losers, rubes to be fleeced was my attempt to convey the gist of the conversation we had.

But I hope the larger point isn't overlooked. The reason I shared that was...
when the words " tokens, tipping or money" are mentioned ..
as a reminder, it is all about money. And as such, to some people, anything is fair game. That's all I was trying to get at.

sorry I ruined your black panther thread

The conversation I related, drawn from memory, the model did actually say "not even human" referring to the view of tippers. She also did make a reference to cattle.

The losers, rubes to be fleeced was my attempt to convey the gist of the conversation we had.

But I hope the larger point isn't overlooked. The reason I shared that was...

as a reminder, it is all about money. And as such, to some people, anything is fair game. That's all I was trying to get at.

sorry I ruined your black panther thread

This is not only specific to cam models, plenty of "charities" come up with some tear jerking stories and pictures just to get their hands on your cash..... actually all claims in advertising are only intended to part you from your cash...

:)

I have seen some sketch charities. From clearly fraudulent GoFundMe's to camshows with all proceeds of shows go to charity with no proof.

I've also seen real ones. I've had friends who ask for help when they desperately need it get dragged and accused for scamming. Ive seen tens of thousands earned for charity with proof. It's conflicting when it's already a struggle being a cynical bastard as it is.

Reactions: Gen
I think in the case of the rip-off artists (never send your vid, ban you instead of giving your skype show, etc...), there is really nothing to be done but accepting the risk beforehand.

Romance scammers are different of course. From https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/11/internet-scams-dating-romance-money

"We talked about his scam, and Bill said something that stuck with me. He said that in the back of his mind he knew he was being scammed, but he kept sending money because couldn’t bear for his relationship to end."

Logic is completely useless in trying to help these victims. The @LivingInMyth affair is probably one of the best examples of this. His prolonged bleatings were littered with admissions that he was being scammed, yet the emotions completely overrode any good sense he may have been capable of. Even his username indicated that he knew it was all an illusion.

Maybe a better thread than "How do you know if a model is trying to take advantage of you?" would be "Why the hell are you letting a model take advantage of you?". Mindfulness may help the unwary in cases like this, but if someone is bound and determined to be used, I really don't see a way to stop them.

I have seen some sketch charities. From clearly fraudulent GoFundMe's to camshows with all proceeds of shows go to charity with no proof.

I've also seen real ones. I've had friends who ask for help when they desperately need it get dragged and accused for scamming. Ive seen tens of thousands earned for charity with proof. It's conflicting when it's already a struggle being a cynical bastard as it is.

I wonder about the charity/pity scammers, how business is going for them these days. Has it been done to death yet, or does it still pay? I know I am completely fed up with all charity in any form at this point. It is everywhere.

There was a Romanian model that about three years ago was just having a terrible run of luck in the life department. Crises in living arrangements, medical problems, you name it. She straightened up and went legit though. Not sure if it was a sudden onset of integrity, or if it just proved to be unprofitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudriTwo
Maybe a better thread than "How do you know if a model is trying to take advantage of you?" would be "Why the hell are you letting a model take advantage of you?". Mindfulness may help the unwary in cases like this, but if someone is bound and determined to be used, I really don't see a way to stop them.
For some people, it's not a matter of if but when they will be scammed. If you have zero experience in love and relationships in real life or reading people in general, the chances are good you will be scammed online. It's no different than walking into a strip club with a wad full of cash and asking who truly loves you.

For some people, it's not a matter of if but when they will be scammed. If you have zero experience in love and relationships in real life or reading people in general, the chances are good you will be scammed online. It's no different than walking into a strip club with a wad full of cash and asking who truly loves you.

Sometimes it's just lonely people who desperately want companionship. Humans don't like being alone.

Sometimes it's just lonely people who desperately want companionship. Humans don't like being alone.

I think that's why the typical age demographic is the way it is as well. Granted, I know there's members all throughout the spectrum. Usually the younger generations are out seeking companionship / entertainment with buddies as a social thing. But perhaps as the social circle dwindles down, or whatever the situation, we begin to seek easier means of getting that fix.

• Helpful!
I got to wondering about @LivingInMyth, checked his profile, saw his account is deactivated.

So I googled "livinginmyth" + victoria (curious if he moved on or was pouring his heart out somewheres else), and whattya know; he's got an 830 page book up on Amazon.

I got to wondering about @LivingInMyth, checked his profile, saw his account is deactivated.

So I googled "livinginmyth" + victoria (curious if he moved on or was pouring his heart out somewheres else), and whattya know; he's got an 830 page book up on Amazon.
You should review it.

You should review it.
an excerpt from "Video Chat Girl", page 2 of the free preview (no way am I buying it)...

Click clack, click clack I am running out of money
And known that I must replenish coffers to be with her again
9 to 5, 9 to 5
I know when she will be there
Tick tock, tick tock
Drop another dollar in
Soon I am out of money and my lifeline has been lost
Waiting, waiting for the coffers to be full
Hoping, hoping to be with her again

It's tripe.

He has a yt channel too
Yes. Not what it used to be. He used to have hours and hours and hours of heartbroken, emotionally manipulative, obsessed, one sided "conversations" up, stuff for her to watch. An enthralling train wreck.

Thing is, early on he had a video or two that showed brief glimpses of a very genuine (albeit slightly eccentric) likeable fellow. It was only when he started trying to hide from the obvious and manipulate the situation that things got really cuckoo.

Ah well. Wherever he is at in his journey, I wish him happiness.

Yes. Not what it used to be. He used to have hours and hours and hours of heartbroken, emotionally manipulative, obsessed, one sided "conversations" up, stuff for her to watch. An enthralling train wreck.

and mildly entertaining.

Thing is, early on he had a video or two that showed brief glimpses of a very genuine (albeit slightly eccentric) likeable fellow. It was only when he started trying to hide from the obvious and manipulate the situation that things got really cuckoo.

Yeah, he is a talented musician, but once the curtain was lifted more and more. It was sad to see someone so troubled. Really got himself into a very toxic situation which left him delusional. I think that is why I was hard towards him. But samesies. I hope he got the help he needs and finds someone who loves and loves back. (I wish that for everyone who wants that c:)

Well done JJTP on spotting his personality disorder, he is a great example of schizotypal (eccentric). The vulnerability for the type with cam models is that he will take many things done for a room to be personally targeted at him.
On the positive side of things this has been directed into using his creativity. The more he does this, the better (and happier) he will become, and due to the way he thinks may one day find a winning combination. Quite a few creative and very odd people become rich and famous through the disorder.

The most vulnerable group to being taken advantage of are those with schizoid personality disorder, in short the loners. Anyone interested can look it up. They are also one of the more dangerous types to take advantage of, they can have quite dark fantasies of harming other people.

Many people get taken advantage of during a poor impulse control moment. Manic depression during the manic phase, PTSD, and a few other disorders have moments of risk taking or poor impulse control behaviour. So for many of us there are moments of vulnerability.

I think to blame the victim for another's deliberate act of exploitation of someones moment of weakness is unhelpful. I would not like to see any member regularly taken advantage of, including where they inflict it on themselves.
I want to add that in the order of 80% of models that I have met do have some regard for their members and no interest in taking advantage of them in any way. Many more of them will warn members showing risky behaviour that they are at risk.

Where members are accidentally taken advantage of from the model part of things tends to be where the member misses a particular fetish that the model is playing with. I think posting some info somewhere or tagging for it, is enough to warn for this and where her responsibility ends (i.e. fin dom, brat etc.).

We have already discussed the type of model personalities that will deliberately take advantage of their members, quite an interesting thread on the more nasty side of both members and models. https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/webcam-sites-and-sociopath-behaviors.27084/

Many people get taken advantage of during a poor impulse control moment. Manic depression during the manic phase, PTSD, and a few other disorders have moments of risk taking or poor impulse control behaviour. So for many of us there are moments of vulnerability.

I think to blame the victim for another's deliberate act of exploitation of someones moment of weakness is unhelpful. I would not like to see any member regularly taken advantage of, including where they inflict it on themselves.
I agree. Blame is probably not helpful, except in instances where you are trying to get a "victim" to realize they are in fact their own worst enemy.

Not a fan of a strict embrace of the labels of psychiatry too much, since there tends to be so much bleed-over between them with regards to the symptoms. I do feel it is worth mentioning that the impulse control vulnerability is often not apparent until it is well in the rear view mirror (even to the victims). Especially in the early stages of mania, the "vulnerability" is often cloaked behind an overwhelming charisma that can lead all but the most grounded astray. It is often not immediately recognizable as weakness, but rather, strength.
I want to add that in the order of 80% of models that I have met do have some regard for their members and no interest in taking advantage of them in any way. Many more of them will warn members showing risky behaviour that they are at risk.
Agreed. I also think that many who claim to have been taken advantage of (no idea what percentage) are actually the ones who were seeking to take advantage.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Status
Not open for further replies.