AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you know if a model is trying to take advantage of you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

By using common sense. Can you give us more details without naming names?

Know how much you can spend before you start spending. Then it doesn't matter if someone were *trying* to take advantage, cuz you won't let it happen. Be responsible for yourself and your actions. We are all adults on adult websites, after all.

Constantly hitting you up for money without offering anything in return (videos, Skype shows, Snapchat, etc.). Giving you a sob story about how they're going to be evicted or their electricity is going to be shut off if they don't come up with x amount of money in a couple days, and doing this more than once. Only being nice to you when you tip big and ignoring you when you can't tip or when you tip in smaller amounts. Lying about wanting to be with you romantically in real life and playing with your feelings.

Feigning concern about your financial situation. Protesting when you tip.

e.g. "Oh I don't want you to spend too much money on me! It makes me feel guilty! I'm worried about you!"

Lies. All lies.

Reactions: dario80
When she tells you the guy she used to cam with left her for another woman, but then she sends you a selfie while out shopping one day, and you see him in the reflection of a store window. :wondering:

when the words " tokens, tipping or money" are mentioned ..

:)

Are you being taken advantage of when the cashier at the groc store asks you to pay for your food? Or do you deserve that for free too?

If tipping her stops feeling fun and starts feeling sad or desperate, that might be a good place to rethink things.

When you're susceptible to such things.

I have a bridge for sale, if you're interested.

• Funny!
Reactions: Mintx and CamHarlot
As said, use common sense and trust your gut not the bald bishop.

As long as you know you are not her saviour, you are not her prince that will take her to a better life somewhere else or any other fantasy like that and you are not spending money you can't afford you should be alright.

You never know you might even make a meaningful friendship, if you are lucky.

I know you are joking (pretty sure anyways), but this touches on an important point.

Now I know what I am about to share doesn't apply to ALL cam models. It is just a tiny slice of a broader spectrum of behaviors and attitudes. So I hope people don't feel like they need to get all defensive.

This was related to me by a studio model from near Belarus. I have no idea to what extent the views I am going to describe might exist in independent cam models, or models from other regions.

She was telling me about finding true love. Turns out it was one of her sweet talking non-tippers, never spent a dime on her on the sites. The subject came up after I asked her if the guy she was marrying was a particular individual who had tipped her handsomely and desperately tried to win her hand. She was appalled by the idea of meeting, or getting involved with, anyone who had given her money.

Over the course of the conversation that followed, she explained to me that tippers were viewed with utter contempt (just in her environment, mind you). Losers. Jackasses. Rubes to be fleeced. Lie to them, swindle them, lead them on...they deserved no more consideration than cattle one might herd towards a slaughterhouse. Tippers were not human.

I am a big fan of honesty, but that conversation was a little more candor than I was expecting. Very eye-opening; downright shocking, considering how charming and adorable her on-cam persona was.

Anyways, something to keep in the back of one's mind when they (or at least some of them) go to batting those eyelashes.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
If tipping her stops feeling fun and starts feeling sad or desperate, that might be a good place to rethink things.

I helped a model I know for a couple of years with some cash for " emergencies" , but I asked for lottery numbers in return and I play the numbers since then.....on occasion a small win, but at least the chance that the money comes back, if I win big I would even send her a share of the winnings...
If you get a request for money and you have doubts if you really want to help it is best to get out of it pronto....

Guy's question sounded like he he had a punchline for us. A bit of cam model humour perhaps?

How do you know a model is taking advantage of you?
.... she asks for tips during the small talk.
.... she is dressed for her other job.
.... she is talking of love.
.... you take her for something solo and find only yourself there.
.... she is Czech, Romanian, Russian, American (take your pick).
.... her countdown never counts down.
.... even her regulars fear spending on her.
.... she only becomes shy when you spend on her.
.... her topics are extreme and usually 'booby' trapped.
.... she flashes like 'The Flash', and has a tendency to travel backward through time.

Like all humour it is always laced with some truth. So to answer seriously, there are some good indicators.

Over the course of the conversation that followed, she explained to me that tippers were viewed with utter contempt (just in her environment, mind you). Losers. Jackasses. Rubes to be fleeced. Lie to them, swindle them, lead them on...they deserved no more consideration than cattle one might herd towards a slaughterhouse. Tippers were not human.
Have PM chats in archive from a few other places, that would reflect this sentiment.
Was recently catching up with a Slovak model I have known for many years, who always warns me off spending on models only interested in taking advantage.
Over the years you often get similar warnings from a variety of places and models. It's always a reflection of their own attitude/ part of the world, even though offered out of kindness/ sympathy. Most of the time for many models, 'users' are not human, nor do we act like we want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.