AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you use Instagram?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2017
Just signed up for an Instagram account. I suppose this is probably "old hat" for many of you. But, for me it's brand new. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to use it to my best advantage. I'm not there for posting pics for family and friends.

How do you use it? I can't say I have a lot of interest in browsing profiles. So far... kind of boring. If it's working for you, I wonder if you could share a few hints as to how you're making that happen.;)

Considering that it will suggest that you add folk from Facebook even though it's not linked, and did this to me even though I don't even have Facebook on my phone, I recommend not using it at all. A lot of models have decided to do away with it recently because of this, and, wouldn't you know, it didn't impact our incomes at all, and removed a source of freeloaders. Instagram is chock-full of dudes sending dick pics and/or wanting to sext or get free pics/vids.

If you do want to continue using it, there's not much to it. Post sexy but acceptable pics, use appropriate hashtags for more exposure, that's about it.

Actually,I would suggest doing sexy yet tasteful non-nudes. Also, I would say that it depends on your market as well
smiley.gif
For example, many dommes on instagram put up photos of subs licking their feet and money photos. Meanwhile, sugar babies put up photos jewelry, flashy cars, money photos, sequin shoes, and other stuff. However, cam models often posts about more everyday stuff like their meals or getting ready for camming. Usually, I follow other sugar babies and dommes because of their markets. It does bring me more clientele to Niteflirt and Rude. Best of luck :)

Thing is you dont know what instagram will deem acceptable. I had cleavage pics of me in lingerie and t-shirts and they fucking deleted mine....-_-

And I think a lot of it was because I blocked people from my facebook because they were getting recommendations to follow me. Might have blocked too many or some shit. Which is bullshit by itself....i didnt even care. Twitter is da bomb diggity anyways. Honestly it was less drama in my personal life.

Thanks for your generous sharing of experiences and ideas. Glad I got a sense of consensus on whether it's "the end all, be all" for camgirl self-promotion. Doesn't appear that it's anything like that... in fact, it furthers my opinion that overall... social media is just plain over-rated. And, it's very easy to spend too much time on it.

I am heavy into social media marketing as well as other marketing. Since, I am predominantly indie social media is essential. Sticking to instagram's finnicky TOS is annoying because they find whatever reason ( I also fill if enough people report your account they just disable it regardless of the reason) I do not post nudes and go into detail about my services on post - on instagram story I do talk about my services a bit more ( no explict talk)and of course advertise my site often -
My instagram is more for my fetish and sub clientele and networking.

If you work on high traffic big box sites and consistently do you part social media not be as much of a necessity as a part of them taking such high percentages is to bring you traffic.

Depending on your business plan / strategy as an online adult entertainer will entail if social media is beneficial for you or not.

Thanks for your generous sharing of experiences and ideas. Glad I got a sense of consensus on whether it's "the end all, be all" for camgirl self-promotion. Doesn't appear that it's anything like that... in fact, it furthers my opinion that overall... social media is just plain over-rated. And, it's very easy to spend too much time on it.
I think Snapchat and Twitter are probably better for cam girls.

• Funny!
Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Actually, Guy, Pinterest works only for my erotica sales because tons of erotica fans reach my stuff more. However, I have gotten some sissies and trans clients off pinterest. But that is not the norm:cigar:

What about Pinterest?

The last time I used Pinterest, it was to find Halloween party ideas/activities for a daycare. Lol.

Thing is you dont know what instagram will deem acceptable. I had cleavage pics of me in lingerie and t-shirts and they fucking deleted mine....-_-

And I think a lot of it was because I blocked people from my facebook because they were getting recommendations to follow me. Might have blocked too many or some shit. Which is bullshit by itself....i didnt even care. Twitter is da bomb diggity anyways. Honestly it was less drama in my personal life.
Does Instagram frequently close models accounts?

Instagram farms your contact lists from your phone, facebook, twitter, and seemingly whatever other apps they can. It is super common for sw accounts to suggest users linked to non-sw identity accounts, and if you want to keep your sex work life separate from your personal life, this is something to take into consideration. I would highly advise against using your sw instagram account on a device that you have used for any personal account logins (facebook, twitter, gmail, etc.) if you want to maintain any level of privacy between them.

Does Instagram frequently close models accounts?
Yep! All the time. I know tons of them that have. And Cortanablu has had her shut down 3 times.

Using Instagram for sex work in 3 easy steps:
1. Don't
2. Just
3. Don't.

I have an Instagram to keep up with all my young cousins and shit because Facebook is too passé for them. I don't have Facebook on my phone, I don't log into facebook on my phone. I live in another state from where I grew up. I don't allow Instagram to access my contacts and STILL I get people I graduated high school with suggested to me. I'm terrified for any and all sex workers who use it. It's a time bomb.

What about Flickr?
None of these communities are adult content market-oriented. That's why sex workers aren't using them.

Instagram farms your contact lists from your phone, facebook, twitter, and seemingly whatever other apps they can. It is super common for sw accounts to suggest users linked to non-sw identity accounts, and if you want to keep your sex work life separate from your personal life, this is something to take into consideration. I would highly advise against using your sw instagram account on a device that you have used for any personal account logins (facebook, twitter, gmail, etc.) if you want to maintain any level of privacy between them.

Somebody here said that their data mining goes further than that even. They used totally separate devices and it still suggested to IRL contacts. They might be connecting using ip address. So once again.

JUST. DON'T.

Yes but sex workers typically expect compensation for their work, therefor it seems rather pointless to maintain a presence in a community where that is not the purpose. At least, this is my personal stance, I'm not claiming to speak for all. Seems to be the common mindset though.

Instagram really doesn't help me sex work wise. I use it to say when I'm getting on cam and everything but it doesn't seem to change anything or matter in the long run. Twitter is where it's at.

This + if they even get a whiff of you being a SWer/advertising content, sometimes they'll shadow ban ya. On top of that, Insta is full of tweens and teens a.k.a. not the audience you want to be advertising to at all.

So, basically..... I need 2 phones now. YAY! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.