AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How does someone find my real name?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
Twitter Username
@juliann_1987
Chaturbate Username
juliann_1987
I have had someone contact me on my personal email saying how they enjoyed my show this morning and someone come on my show the other day saying my real name.

The one guy said he did a reverse image search, but when I try to do one using the photos on my Chaturbate profile nothing turns up with my real name.

Any thoughts?

I honestly don't really care if someone knows my name I just don't want anyone stalking me or my family.

Thanks!

dont even fuck around with asking this person. block them. its possible they know you in real life, or they call every model that name until they find one who reacts to it. whatever it is they are just the worse and trying to have some sort of power play on you.

i block anyone who tries calling me a different name, or even mentions they know me. block and not engaging with these folks should help keep you and your family safe. not showing them emotion helps disengage trolls.

if you are afraid of potential stalkers, recommend taking down your private social media, or remove and stop sharing photos and personal information, like name or special events. if you want private social media to keep up with your loved ones, and pals. someone figuring out your doxx is a real possibility putting yourself out there like we do.

Do you have an Amazon Wishlist on your bio? You might have linked your personal Amazon Wishlist. I found a couple of models had this issue. With the first one, I was checking out her wishlist when I noticed the name on the wishlist was different than the one she used on her account and it looked real. So I sent her a PM and asked her if that's her name. She asked me how I knew, and I told her her Amazon Wishlist is under her real name. She changed it after that, but it appears that at least one other person had noticed, because in a public chat days later, some grey had mentioned how he noticed she had changed her name on the wishlist. Thankfully, he didn't say her name in the public chat.

The second model was a studio model having an emotional breakdown. While I chatted with her in PM, she started talking to me about the things that were troubling her and she mentioned that her Amazon Wishlist revealed her personal name. So I clicked on her Amazon Wishlist, but noticed that her CB name was on it. So she told me, it shows up on the checkout page. So I checked the checkout page and it was true. She told me how she had told her studio, but they didn't do anything about it. Thankfully, she eventually left that studio.

So, careful with the Amazon Wishlists.

I hope you keep your personal and camming online profiles separate. Use a separate email for registering for cam sites, Instagram, Twitter and in your profile different from your personal email, have different Instagram, Twitter handles.
But someone knows you in real life, they might be able to get your email another way, like linkedin

I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

+1 to what everyone has said. Since it's hard to answer you without knowing what site(s) you where using, retrace your steps and check where you've put your personal email. Remove it and replace it with a seperate work email. Also ask people who know you to take down their photos of you.

We can't control what bad people will do with our information. Whether or not we're in this industry, stalkers are unfortunately still a risk, bad people are still going to exist; putting yourself out there will only increase those risks. If this feels too much, re-evaluate if this industry (or any online personality industry for that matter) is worth it to you.

Reactions: juliann_1987
Do you have an Amazon Wishlist on your bio? You might have linked your personal Amazon Wishlist. I found a couple of models had this issue. With the first one, I was checking out her wishlist when I noticed the name on the wishlist was different than the one she used on her account and it looked real. So I sent her a PM and asked her if that's her name. She asked me how I knew, and I told her her Amazon Wishlist is under her real name. She changed it after that, but it appears that at least one other person had noticed, because in a public chat days later, some grey had mentioned how he noticed she had changed her name on the wishlist. Thankfully, he didn't say her name in the public chat.

The second model was a studio model having an emotional breakdown. While I chatted with her in PM, she started talking to me about the things that were troubling her and she mentioned that her Amazon Wishlist revealed her personal name. So I clicked on her Amazon Wishlist, but noticed that her CB name was on it. So she told me, it shows up on the checkout page. So I checked the checkout page and it was true. She told me how she had told her studio, but they didn't do anything about it. Thankfully, she eventually left that studio.

So, careful with the Amazon Wishlists.

Yeah I think maybe this is what it was. I created a 2nd Amazon account only for camming. Thanks!

Yeah I think maybe this is what it was. I created a 2nd Amazon account only for camming. Thanks!
As far as I know, you can choose what to show and what not when doing your Amazon whishlist link public.

You choose where to send the products and what information of that can be public or private.

So buyers can purchase products for you without getting any information from you or your location.

As far as I know, you can choose what to show and what not when doing your Amazon whishlist link public.

You choose where to send the products and what information of that can be public or private.

So buyers can purchase products for you without getting any information from you or your location.

Well.....its complicated. The safest thing is to either only accept gift cards or send to an address that isn't yours but that can still get you the packages.

If you insist on getting packages sent directly to you then its recommended to disable third party shipping agreement.

In these cases it is better to ALWAAAAYS have specific accounts for everything here, meaning a specific Skype account only for camming, a specific email, Amazon account, everything... you know how members are, and it is better to be safe than sorry

Reactions: CheeseMoon
If you insist on getting packages sent directly to you then its recommended to disable third party shipping agreement.
Even then, this is not a bulletproof solution, your information can be discovered. Be very careful OP, any gifting platform for the most part is not built with our security needs in mind and so does not operate under the assumption that we need our privacy protected.

I only accept GCs at this point.

I didn't read all of the posts in the thread, but I will say if someone is a cam girl and they're using the same pictures on their model account, model twitter and IG as they do on their REAL social media accounts then you're a fool.

Any pictures you use on business related accounts shouldn't be used anywhere else other than your business accounts.

Also, don't post cell phone pictures unless you're going to open in a paint program, copy/paste, crop and save the cropped picture to use to post to your model profiles. Not going to explain what the purpose for this is or how it's done, but you're welcome girls.

I don't like them putting chemicals in the water that make people too arrogant to say "EXIF."
Internet warrior who thinks because they're behind a screen they can say anything detected. Was anything I said in my post hurtful to you? Did it hurt your feelings and upset you? Relax. *Waits for snarky response so she can try stirring up drama to get a new member on an inactive forum banned to feel accomplished*. Enjoy your day bb.

Also, I wasn't being arrogant. Saying, "you're welcome girls" isn't arrogance. Believe it or not the MAJORITY of cam girls don't know about that being possible. And the MAJORITY aren't going to look up EXIF. Maybe I wasn't saying it to make it way obvious how it's done like you just did that will cause people to start doing it as you mentioned the term.

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
@fingerblast This is a forum to help people in this industry. Add the label next time so people will know that most phones/cameras let them turn exif off; it's more helpful than being vague for nobody's benefit.
Again............. the MAJORITY of cam girls aren't going to know what EXIF is or even look it up. ALSO, the MAJORITY of cam girls ARE NOT on ACF. By you saying specifically what it is you set up a lot of girls to be harassed.

As previously stated, did anything in my post hurt your feelings? Why does it bother you so much? No one was being arrogant. You just wanted to throw your weight around because your end goal was, "I'm a cam girl on a cam girl forum. I'm going to stir up drama to try getting someone new banned to feel accomplished". Why would you want that to be your end result when this forum isn't as active as it used to be?

Imagine calling someone else arrogant trying to be on a high horse yourself. Instead of trying to cause drama just say to yourself, "Is it really worth my time to start a problem for no reason? Over something so small?". And let's say HYPOTHETICALLY I was trying to be arrogant. Why does it matter to you?

This kind of behavior never fails on forums. Ganging up, territorialism, tribalism, and many other words. It's the reason the majority of messages boards online don't survive with an active community fading off into the sunset, barely hanging on.

Play nice instead of trying to be rude for no reason. Enjoy your day bb.

@fingerblast This is a forum to help people in this industry. Add the label next time so people will know that most phones/cameras let them turn exif off; it's more helpful than being vague for nobody's benefit.
Also,

"This is a forum to help people in this industry."

I did help by posting the original info I did.

"Add the label next time so people will know that most phones/cameras let them turn exif off; it's more helpful than being vague for nobody's benefit."

Try going in the model section and posting the actual term to models in a private section where people who don't know how to do that stuff won't see it. Minimizing the possibility of girls it ends up happening to.

Lastly, I don't owe you any reason to be more detailed in my post. I'll say as little or as much as I want to as it's my forum account. Thank you so much.

Also,

"This is a forum to help people in this industry."

I did help by posting the original info I did.

"Add the label next time so people will know that most phones/cameras let them turn exif off; it's more helpful than being vague for nobody's benefit."

Try going in the model section and posting the actual term to models in a private section where people who don't know how to do that stuff won't see it. Minimizing the possibility of girls it ends up happening to.

Lastly, I don't owe you any reason to be more detailed in my post. I'll say as little or as much as I want to as it's my forum account. Thank you so much.
What a delight you are. I am so glad you have joined this community :rolleyes:

It's probably second nature to most members, but here goes:
Outside of the geolocation embedded in the picture(i.e. the GPS coordinates where the photo was taken) and perhaps the time zone, the default smartphone EXIF information isn't in itself that interesting with regard to privacy. It mostly just technical camera stuff (focal length, flash setting etc.) and the date. To stop an iPhone from geolocating your pictures, go to Settings / Privacy / Camera and set location access to "Never". After that, pictures you take with your iPhone has no location embedded in them. My Android phone is so old it's probably not useful to post instructions.

The iPhone camera app does not record the phone name or the owners name in a photo's EXIF data. The standard EXIF header specification has a name field, but I've only seen dedicated cameras use it.

Most online services (at least WhatsApp, SnapChat, Telegram*, Facebook, StripChat) strip the original EXIF information from photos when you share them anyway, but better safe than sorry. Sending a photo in email will always preserve whatever EXIF data the photo has, so either use an app that strips the EXIF info before sending it or take a screenshot of the photo, crop it so the phone status ribbon disappears and share the screenshot.

* Telegram does *not* strip EXIF information if you share the photo file as a document instead of as a photo.

(Edited for typos)

Last edited:
What gets people with some of this stuff are things that they aren't aware is happening. e.g., Someone sent me a Tik Tok vid that they saw on the web. Not from Tik Tok on their phone or from their account on the computer. Just emailed me a link to it. Their real name now appears in my list of recommended friends on Tik Tok. Must have carried over from some cookie that was stored on their computer when they viewed the vid. You can see there's a long number in the link that must associate the account in that way.

What gets people with some of this stuff are things that they aren't aware is happening. e.g., Someone sent me a Tik Tok vid that they saw on the web. Not from Tik Tok on their phone or from their account on the computer. Just emailed me a link to it. Their real name now appears in my list of recommended friends on Tik Tok. Must have carried over from some cookie that was stored on their computer when they viewed the vid. You can see there's a long number in the link that must associate the account in that way.
That's what happens on TikTok - the share options allow you to drop the link directly from TikTok to an email, an SMS, etc. The link is generated from the user's TikTok account and automatically attaches their account info to it.

For instance, I sent my sister in law one via text message, and now I have her tiktok showing in my recommended friends, and I show in hers. (Could be bad if she was unaware of my cam persona since I only use "Amber" on any social media!)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Use Throne. thronegifts.com

@AmberCutie What is your opinion on using Throne instead of directly linking an Amazon and other sites directly on ones profile?
I've never tried a third party wishlist site so I can't speak on any of them.

My opinion overall is that tokens/tips directly on their cam site or digital gift cards are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the safer route.

There is so much in algorithms that we can't really understand and know.

I [quite recently] made a topic here about something like this, but it was in a "reverse". What I mean was, randomly and suddenly Instagram had started to recommend a model's REAL account (she has no FAKE Instagram account) to me. It caused some drama between us because (understandably) she thought I had gone searching for her. She said she uses completely different emails and phone numbers (and obviously a name) from her cam name and real Facebook/Instagram, yet somehow, it still managed to recommend her real account to me.

Yeah when I first started my EliMarie717 Twitter it recommended my ex fuckbuddies wife to me as a add/ follow (they married after we were done, I'm no homewrecker). And nothing was connected to my real name. The only connection was that he knew about my EliMarie717 name, and still liked to choke it to my Twitter feed. But I don't even understand how that would cause his wife to be recommended as a follow to me, as EliMarie717? Unless maybe it was linked by gmail email, because his gmail was a contact of my gmail account for my business, but I never even looked at his twitter account or even knew if he had one. He just disclosed to me that he still liked to masturbate to my Twitter, thinking I'd send him free content, so that's how I knew that connection.

That's what happens on TikTok - the share options allow you to drop the link directly from TikTok to an email, an SMS, etc. The link is generated from the user's TikTok account and automatically attaches their account info to it.

For instance, I sent my sister in law one via text message, and now I have her tiktok showing in my recommended friends, and I show in hers. (Could be bad if she was unaware of my cam persona since I only use "Amber" on any social media!)

Yes, understand that. But they didn't use Tik Tok to send it. That was what I was saying. Even not logged into the site if you do a simple right-click, Copy video address, it somehow still associates things with your user account. I'd guess pulling something from a stored cookie and making that part of the URL for every video displayed to you. i.e., It's still tracking what you're doing on the site logged in or not via whatever tracking ID it's associated with your account. That then also shows up as an association on the receiving end when they pull up the link and watch on their end. Yes, mine shows in theirs now too but mine is just a nonsense name.

Yeah when I first started my EliMarie717 Twitter it recommended my ex fuckbuddies wife to me as a add/ follow (they married after we were done, I'm no homewrecker). And nothing was connected to my real name. The only connection was that he knew about my EliMarie717 name, and still liked to choke it to my Twitter feed. But I don't even understand how that would cause his wife to be recommended as a follow to me, as EliMarie717? Unless maybe it was linked by gmail email, because his gmail was a contact of my gmail account for my business, but I never even looked at his twitter account or even knew if he had one. He just disclosed to me that he still liked to masturbate to my Twitter, thinking I'd send him free content, so that's how I knew that connection.
Because he probably followed both of you.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.