AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How does someone find my real name?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know, did she tell you?
Yes. Not a she and not a model. Someone I know well in real life. As I said, if you click on a Tik Tok video and copy the link, you can see the long string of "stuff" it attaches to the link. Probably could delete most of it and still link the video cleanly but most aren't going to think or bother to do that.

Yes. Not a she and not a model. Someone I know well in real life. As I said, if you click on a Tik Tok video and copy the link, you can see the long string of "stuff" it attaches to the link. Probably could delete most of it and still link the video cleanly but most aren't going to think or bother to do that.
Roger that.

was just trying to make the point that if you DO use the email share directly from TikTok that wouldn't be apparent to the recipient, just looks like a regular email. :)

There is so much in algorithms that we can't really understand and know.

I [quite recently] made a topic here about something like this, but it was in a "reverse". What I mean was, randomly and suddenly Instagram had started to recommend a model's REAL account (she has no FAKE Instagram account) to me. It caused some drama between us because (understandably) she thought I had gone searching for her. She said she uses completely different emails and phone numbers (and obviously a name) from her cam name and real Facebook/Instagram, yet somehow, it still managed to recommend her real account to me.
I'm going to take a guess here and say that you leave your facebook / instagram / other service owned by facebook logged in and I am going to make the same assumption about her.

I had this happen in the past and the only thing that made sense was that sites were sending data back to facebook (I would assume through a tracking pixel but no evidence, in fact this whole thing is just an unproven theory) and facebook went "these 2 people spend a lot of time on the same site...maybe they want to be friends". It's the only thing that makes sense for that situation, no mutual friends, different counties, no shared pages or group links, or photos used in both places etc and had never spoken off site, the only connection that we had was the cam room, hence the theory.

Reactions: NotYou
Also,

"This is a forum to help people in this industry."

I did help by posting the original info I did.

"Add the label next time so people will know that most phones/cameras let them turn exif off; it's more helpful than being vague for nobody's benefit."

Try going in the model section and posting the actual term to models in a private section where people who don't know how to do that stuff won't see it. Minimizing the possibility of girls it ends up happening to.

Lastly, I don't owe you any reason to be more detailed in my post. I'll say as little or as much as I want to as it's my forum account. Thank you so much.
thanks for helping by repeating the same information that has been mentioned in hundreds of threads very arrogantly. what would we do without you? 🌟

Reactions: yummybrownfox
And while we're here: when you make a Lovense wish list - which is otherwise safe since buyers can't see any recipient names or addresses - and publish the link to it, please don't use your personal off-cam firstname.lastname@gmail.com email address in the Lovense account. The email address in your Lovense account *will* be shown to the buyer when the purchase is complete.

What I mean was, randomly and suddenly Instagram had started to recommend a model's REAL account (she has no FAKE Instagram account) to me. It caused some drama between us because (understandably) she thought I had gone searching for her. She said she uses completely different emails and phone numbers (and obviously a name) from her cam name and real Facebook/Instagram, yet somehow, it still managed to recommend her real account to me.

I'm going to take a guess here and say that you leave your facebook / instagram / other service owned by facebook logged in and I am going to make the same assumption about her.

One possibility here: it’s not unusual for website analytics to include referral information. Usually that’s a direct referral (meaning you reached Instagram, for example, by clicking directly on a model’s IG button on her CB page). But it can be indirect, too.

Depending on the level of tracking they use - and let’s be honest, with any IG/Facebook property, the possibilities are endless - they might be recommending IG profile “matches” based on knowing mutual web pages you both visit often (such as her individual model page) and they reached that conclusion from comparing a lot of other info, like IP addresses, other websites you both visit with similar themes, etc.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.