AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Facebook outs sexworkers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ae403c93c63a76088dadce24eeb75b74fd937ecc501f77e453d5373e124b41b3.jpg

Facebook outs sex workers. Twitter bans female actresses speaking out against sexual harassment by powerful public figures (whilst doing nothing to stop Trump from galvanizing racists in to action and potentially starting wars). The message is clear. Women, know your place, and know your limits...

• Funny!
Reactions: AudriTwo
Twitter bans female actresses speaking out against sexual harassment by powerful public figures
I read an update that it was because she tweeted a private number?

• Helpful!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
That was how my facebook suggested someone from cam life to me as 'someone i may know'. They had my phone number and had got curious and entered it into a facebook search and buried deep in my vanilla facebook settings was something about my phone number.

I deleted facebook.. Don't even miss it. Fuck that noise

My facebook connected my Jicky Skype to itself a few years ago. I'm not even sure how it did it or how long it was visibly attached before I noticed. Weird weird stuff.

I remember one night on MFC, a member was telling me I should check out some movie called CornerStore. Then later that evening (or the next day), I had a FB notification that a guy by that same name invited me to 'like' the CornerStore FB page. WTF. That was creepy as fuck...

Just don't try and run two accounts without understanding that Facebook is all about trying to create connections.

I've seen a model or two appear in my "people you may know list" - and that's because I once allowed FB access to my email contacts and I had emailed them in the past... and they used their email addresses with FB.

FB isn't outing sex workers (obviously) and the title of it all is to grab attention; you're treated no different to any other user at all...

Just that you've tried to have two different accounts, probably importing things, liking things, sharing things, and creating tenuous links that result in a recommended connection. As has been previously pointed out, searching someone out will often lead to them appearing in the "people you may know" (and vice versa).

Reactions: rstanton
Just that you've tried to have two different accounts
Do you mean Facebook accounts? I don’t think any model I know has a work Facebook account.

Originally linked article is about someone who had two accounts.
Not the copy of the article I'm reading:
The article said:
Her sex-work identity is not on the social network at all; for it, she uses a different email address, a different phone number, and a different name. Yet earlier this year, looking at Facebook’s “People You May Know” recommendations, Leila (a name I’m using using in place of either of the names she uses) was shocked to see some of her regular sex-work clients.

Edit: After reading a bit more, it's about multiple people, "Ela Darling" did have two accounts, but the first one "Leila" did not.

If she has no sex work related FB account, then it's impossible to be "outed" isn't it; Facebook don't have a clue what she does.

The article is dreadful. Facebook is categorically not outing sex workers. Facebook treats us all the same - her problem is that she's "shocked" to discover people use Facebook and may show up in recommended friends.

Most of my "recommended" are related to people who know people - mutual friends, and ex-mutual friends; group membership and/or some likes. Some admittedly show no reason as to the linking (hidden friends lists) and so on appearing, some appear because I or they had searched for the other (or looked at us previously in relation to other links for whatever reason).

But Facebook is categorically not outing Sex workers. What is basically their issue is that there's a link between them and they're refusing to accept that.

Reactions: rstanton
Status
Not open for further replies.