AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long do you take to prepare before broadcasting?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dedicated cam room, so I leave my lights and my camera where they need to be. My prep always takes at least 1 hour but it's usually closer to 1.5 hours and my first two weekends I spent 3 hours getting ready! I think this is because I don't have much of a wardrobe right now so I spend at least 30 minutes digging through my closet and then 15 minutes trying something on, of which I usually discard and go with something completely different. (Sometimes, I skip this part and do my make-up first, because I start to get irritated.)

I usually decide I need coffee at this point and I also begin a mini panic attack about how my ass looks in this outfit. Seriously, before every broadcast. I decide to burn some incense and turn on some musick that makes me feel sexy and convince myself that the anxiety goes away pretty quickly if I just push through it.

My hair is crazy long so I brush it out while I browse models on MFC to pump me up. While I finish my coffee, parked on a random models room, I make sure my topic will fit by typing it into a word document and using a character counter. Then I brush my teeth and turn on my lights. I make sure my cam settings are 'okay' and I do my make-up. I go pee one last time, announce on Twitter if I haven't already and hit broadcast.

On the days I am planning a game this takes 2 hours.

It takes me about 1.5-2 hours to get ready (not including a shower, I try to do that earlier in the day or the night before because the time I have available to cam is extremely limited, as I have to work around my kids' schedules). 1 hour for hair and make-up. 1/2-1 hour to find something to wear, set/tidy up my cam area, and take 500 selfies just to get a decent one to tweet/snap that I am going on cam. I usually listen to music while I am getting ready, something upbeat or sexy to help get me in the right frame of mind. I would like to be able to get my prep time down to 1 hour or less to maximize my time online.

Usually about an hour. First I'll shower then wait for my hair to dry, style it, and do my makeup. I end up changing my clothes a bunch of times and testing how everything looks on cam. adjust lighting, set up music, grab a drink or a snack. Then bring up a note with planned topics and what not incase I draw a blank once I get on cam, which seems to happen a lot! :oops:

If I'm not procrastinating, actual set up probably only takes about 15 minutes.

My camroom is always set up, and I don't wear a ton of makeup, so I usually just need to make sure that my hair looks alright, get changed, and grab a drink.

Reactions: Reina Lynn
About 10-15 minutes to shower, five to gather and clean my toys, anywhere from a few seconds to throw on whatever's on my dresser or ten minutes if I'm wanting to go for a certain look, five minutes for makeup (longer if i'm wearing contacts..I'm lazier when I just have glasses :x), and 5-10 to touch up my hair. So maybe like half an hour

Like two or more hours if I want to shower & wash my hair >_> I do consider prep, and time+money invested in my appearance part of my work.

Prep always takes longer than I think because I get way too absorbed in doing my hair and makeup, and having a snack so I dont get hungry during. Now I'm trying to plan my "look" ahead of time and pick out my outfit the night before :doh I'm also trying to have a smoothie or snack ready to go so I dont waste time in the kitchen when Im online.

Im trying to get it down to 1.5hr. I think thats more reasonable.

Excluding the fact that it needs to be on a day where I haven't done much else (I get tired easily, health issues) 1-3hrs, depending on exactly what I need to do:

- come up with a vague idea of what I want to do for the night (or just decide to go with something basic - either way I make a list of countdown goals and topics and stuff)
- make sure the hot water is on (I make this mistake too much...)
- choose underwear and outfit (this is taking longer and longer as I use up all my stuff and am not sure what I can get away with wearing again on cam without people being like 'hey she only has 5 bras')
- get in the shower - this can be quick if I just want a little refresh, or it can take a while if I need to shave and stuff
- get dressed
- set up laptop, lighting and cam - this is quicker if I do it in my studio, because everything is kept in there and I know where it all goes, or can take longer if I'm in my bedroom and have to move everything over. Also at this point I put music on and have a drink (not necessarily alcoholic, I just like to have something tasty but not bloaty)
- makeup - 15-40mins. If I'm doing my usual makeup look which I basically always do, that's 15-20mins, but I always go between the mirror and laptop to check how it looks in that particular lighting on cam and make sure I've done it properly, which makes it take longer
- hair... this can take forever lol. It's unlikely that I'll take on straightening my hair from scratch right before cam as it takes about an hour and a half, but I have done sometimes. Usually I just smooth it out a bit if I'm leaving it down, or tie it up and restraighten my fringe and maybe put on some kind of hairpiece/wig depending on what I'm feeling
- check my underwear and everything is still in place
- put on some sweats, pour a glass of something (wine usually, bloody nerves), go outside for a cigarette
- check my clothes/hair/makeup again
- take some selfies
- post them on Twitter/Tumblr
- get all my tabs and programs open... then broadcast =p

Reactions: Gwenlacy
It usually only takes me fifteen minutes to prepare my makeup for cam if I haven't put any on already that day, unless it's this month which has been a lot of Halloween costume makeup so 30 minutes tops if I had to guess! And then I turn on my lights and crank up my tunes and check my cam before broadcasting. So it'll be an hour if I'm running late or being spontaneous and maybe thirty or less usually. I think it depends on the person! You can be very organized in a short time in my opinion!

Around an hour to an hour and a half, to top it off, I will wash my hair and put it up a day before because it is such a mess to make look nice.

Usually about an hour. I shower, dry and straighten my hair. Throw on some blush and mascara. I don't really wear a lot of makeup because I just don't feel like I look good with it on, so what little I do wear takes 2 seconds. Straighten up my room and try to fix the lighting situation, but all I have are crappy lamps so that's a fruitless effort anyway.

If I have to shave that day it can take closer to 2 hours.

Oh fuck, forever. Like 1-2 hours minimum. Used to be 3+ hours when I wore a wig. (I have long ass hair that had to be wound up into little knots first.)

Then our AC went out and I had to start trying to put on makeup with sweat pouring off my face. :eek: Add multiple breaks for desweating- my makeup lights are HOT!

On the upside I can do a face of makeup now that you can throw a bucket of soapy water at and it won't fucking budge.

Mental prep is a bitch, but listening to music and realizing that the biggest hurdle is just hitting the button is the big thing for me. THEY LONG FOR ME. THEY LONG TO GIVE ME MONEY. Bwahahah.

I only go on SM for a couple hours at a time. My prep for that is 15min of makeup and 5 min of straightening my room and picking out lingerie.

For MFC it takes me about an hour to get pretty and plan my show. It can take a fat second to figure out what the theme of the night will be, get all my game materials together, and finesse all the details so I'm ready when I log on.

I used to take longer and be crazy anal about curling my hair, but now I just make sure it's brushed and fluffy :joyful:

i honestly get quite nervous still even before broadcasting hehe, little jitters and silly anxiety here and there but also excitement. I put makeup on and i make sure it looks better than maybe my average everyday makeup look. That takes probably 20 minutes and then I put on an outfit which honestly takes quite long for me just cause im very indecisive. after that, i will set up my cam, the lighting, move myself around, the works. i spent a while making faces at myself in the cam preview and when i think everything is A-OK, i'll then start my broadcast! probably a total of 40 minutes before i get online

I would estimate about 2 hours for myself too. Lately it's been taking me a couple of days and that has a lot to do with getting mentally prepared for broadcasting.
Sometimes when I'm rushing I try to wear less makeup, or my glasses (at first I was so nervous to broadcast with my glasses) and it's really refreshing to know that I can still get compliments even when I'm not trying so hard with my appearance.

I would estimate about 2 hours for myself too. Lately it's been taking me a couple of days and that has a lot to do with getting mentally prepared for broadcasting.
Sometimes when I'm rushing I try to wear less makeup, or my glasses (at first I was so nervous to broadcast with my glasses) and it's really refreshing to know that I can still get compliments even when I'm not trying so hard with my appearance.

haha yeah I used to do my hair perfect and always put my contacts in. One day I got lazy and wore my glasses and my hair was super greasy and all my regs were like 'you look wayy hotter with glasses!'...etc. So I decided to do away with perfect hair and rock my glasses.

Reactions: BrieLovexo
It's been taking me about 30 minutes- 1hr, I don't have a lot of time for caming so I try to get ready as fast as possible, so like I try to get my makeup on as quick as possible, then my husband helps me tighten my corset, then I ALWAYS have to freaking PEE, so I do that, then I jump on... and usually have to pee again in 20 minutes...

haha yeah I used to do my hair perfect and always put my contacts in. One day I got lazy and wore my glasses and my hair was super greasy and all my regs were like 'you look wayy hotter with glasses!'...etc. So I decided to do away with perfect hair and rock my glasses.

lol I HATE contacts so I've always worn my glasses I don't think I even have an updates Rx for my contacts. and my hair is short, curly, and pink so... that helps with the it doesn't have to look perfect thing, I'm already alternative.

Reactions: SexyStacia
Like... 3 hours XD I wake up and spend 1-2 hours playing video games, drinking coffee, and having mini freak outs about having a terrible day on cam. Then the rest of the time putting on my face and brushing my hair. The anxiety makes me have to pee a freaking ton too :/

Physical prep probably takes me about 35 minutes. That includes a partial shower (if you're gonna be touching your goodies and licking fingers, better make the goodies super-clean, ey?!), makeup, hair straightening (add 30+ minutes if using a curling iron instead of straightening), getting the room set up (lights on, cam settings adjusted, music on) and putting on whatever I'm wearing for cam.

Mental prep? Psssh... some days that takes me all damn day. And on some of those days, I end up not signing on at all. On top of physically feeling ill some days, the mental and emotional toll that the job takes on us is just too much sometimes, and the only solution is to allow yourself the day off. Getting on cam when you're not in the right mental/emotional state can lead to bad things.

If I left the house that day, I need at least an hour to decompress and catch up on interwebsy type stuff before I even start the 35 minute prep.
I am sure you know but it means so much to me to know that I am not the only one that needs to mentally prep for camming. It sometimes takes a lot out of me to be on. Thank you so much for this forum and posting on the regular!

About 15 minutes. My work station is always ready and my make up is very simple and basic.

Between 1 and 3 hours :facepalm: and i find this kinda annoying:)) shower, polish my nails, make up, hair style (which isn't even much of an hair style) :D, choose my outfit, set my cam and lights, smoke 1-2 cigarettes and maybe watch models for motivation/inspiration etc. I sometimes wish i could be faster :grr:

Reactions: Kinky_Casey
I'm so grateful for this thread lol I usually take an hour and a half to get ready (most of that time is spent eating and debating whether I feel like wearing anything more than mascara, not to mention getting myself to stop worrying about failure) and I've been worried that I was taking too long. But after reading these comments I feel so much better about my lack of makeup motivation and horrible nerves

Reactions: angieivy
I uselessly promote myself for a few hours before I cam on Twitter and various sites then I plan my outfits and camming stuff I'm going to need for the day or night of camming .then I log on and talk to my friends on mfc on my premium account while getting ready .I also make content a couple of movies and pictures .then I watch other cam sites. I play music .fix my topic when I login into my model account on mfc or chaturbate naked .com whatever one I plan on going on .try to divide my time to each site I work on .then in my chat room I'll talk to people .just so everyone knows cam models are always welcome to talk in my chatroom I never turn that off because some of my fellow models are friends with me .I uselessly ask the guys in my chat what kind of topic or show they want to see .well that pretty much explains what I do

It varies, but it usually goes like this...

Decide I'm going to cam
Loaf around for at least an hour
Shower for maybe 35 minutes- less if mom has taken a shower or had one of her "I'm going to wash EVERYTHING days"
Moisturize and dwaddle in a towel for about thirty minutes
Pull on comfy clothes (like a min?)
Do the makeups which can be anywhere from 10 minutes if I'm doing my minimum to thirty minutes if I'm doing standard to an hour if I'm having issues- watery eyes, can't get eyeliner straight, being distracted
Laze about for ten more minutes
Tidy up bed room and set up for cam (maybe ten, fifteen minutes. I so wish I had a dedicated cam room! Much envy to those that do)
Put on the cute lingerie or comfy but cute clothes (five minutes)
Try to take cute photos (at least fifteen)
Write out my topic, listen to music, take deep breaths (twenty minutes)
Log on and write out my Twitter message
Take five more minutes to mentally prepare
Start broadcasting and then send out the message to Twitter

So....honestly? It can take me anywhere from...two to four hours depending on how I'm feeling, what kind of look I'm trying to pull off, etc,etc

It seriously depends on what I want to do. Sometimes I just say f it and hop online 5 minutes after I decided I wanted to and just go with the norms. Other days I'm setting up for 3 days, or 3 hours, or just 30 minutes to get my makeup on

Status
Not open for further replies.