AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How many hours of sleep do you get?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How many hours of sleep do you get a night on average?

• 1-4

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 4-6

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • 6-8

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • 8-10

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • 10+

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnerJay

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 18, 2011
www.profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@_ConnerJay
MFC Username
ConnerJay
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/36318/ConnerJay/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/68093/ConnerJay
I'm fucking tired, how about you?

Used to, I'd be lucky to get 4. This past year I've been exercising and taking vitamins and just taking better care of myself in general and I've managed to up my average to about 6. Although it's not always restful. IDK about anyone else, but I have a lot of nightmares. And on the nights I do, I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all

way more than I want, lately.but I'm hoping that's good, in that my immune system was kicked into gear to kill off the layer of cancer lining my bladder. after my stroke, I know sleep is good for healing and all that, but sometimes I want to go do stuff, dammit, not sleep late. if I could function on less than 7 hours (and that's pushing it) that'd be nice, but lately, it's 10 hours, which I think is 2 hours too much.

I used to be really good about getting sleep into my crazy schedule but it seems like lately I'm getting less and less sleep. It's mainly some 6 ish hours on a good night.

Reactions: GeorgyGirl
I have diagnosed insomnia but lately I have been lucky and sleep about 6 hours a day! Which actually feels like a lot to me even though I am always still tired :p

Random question: am I the only one who sleeps better if someone else is sleeping with me?

I work irregular shifts, both nights and days, so I am constantly adjusting my sleep patterns. I have pretty good habits so can sleep anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours (deficit or credit to adjust biorhythm for a new routine), but I like about 7 hours.

I rarely have troubles with sleeping itself, but I do have an odd circadian rhythm, it is not 24 hours, more like a 27 hour day cycle. This means I stay up later the following day before being tired.

I average 4 to 6 hours most nights because I cam at nights and I also work Monday through Friday for my family. But on weekends I try to "catch up" on sleep and often will sleep 10 to 12 hours depending on what Im doing the next morning. Eventually I will probably quit one of my day jobs with my family, so that I can get more sleep and cam more.

Plus I also have a very energetic mind which doesnt help me falling asleep, and if its the Full Moon or around it, than I can hardly sleep at all!

• Hugs
Reactions: ArtsyAmelia
Random question: am I the only one who sleeps better if someone else is sleeping with me?

I'm the same! I sleep so much better if someone else is there. I also can't sleep at night if I'm home alone :(

Anyways I tend to sleep either six hours or like, ten. Very, very rarely do I get something like eight. In general I feel best if I get around nine hours but it's not always practical, especially since my body is most awake in the evening and I have a hard time getting to sleep before around 2am. Working at a 9-5 job was really hard for this reason. Ideally in the future my day will never start before noon :D

Somewhere between 6-8, but I swear all I do is cam and sleep. I haven't had a bed since I've moved into this new place and sleeping on the love-seat makes that sleep not so good. My SOs mom just got us a bed from yogabed.com and i'm so fuckin' excited!

I'm the same! I sleep so much better if someone else is there. I also can't sleep at night if I'm home alone :(

Anyways I tend to sleep either six hours or like, ten. Very, very rarely do I get something like eight. In general I feel best if I get around nine hours but it's not always practical, especially since my body is most awake in the evening and I have a hard time getting to sleep before around 2am. Working at a 9-5 job was really hard for this reason. Ideally in the future my day will never start before noon :D

My solution to this has been a faithful stuffed animal - I'm not even joking. I'm much the same way; I'm a complete night owl and it's rare for me to fall asleep before 2 or 3. It's terrible for getting to classes, but great for late night studying.

At night I usually get about 4 or 5. Then I wake up, get the kid off to school & pop back off to sleep for another few hours, usually 4 more. Technically it is 8 hours total, but it'd be super if it could be uninterrupted, however my body seems to disagree with going to bed before 2 - 3 A.M.

I generally only get about 4 hours of sleep and if I'm having a lucky night I can get about 6 hours in. This used to never be a problem for me, but as I age the need for more sleep is starting to take its toll on me. I honestly would like to sleep longer, but I've been a night owl nearly my entire life so it so hard to go to bed before midnight.

I usually get like 8. But since I started camming I would get around 4 hours. It's just so fun sometimes. But it really turns me into a vampire

By personal nature, I'm a night owl. But, my current profession doesn't really allow for that lifestyle given the 9 to 5. I'm definitely guilty of modifying that to get to a happy medium. Stay up until I can't any more (could be anywhere from midnight to 2am depending on how much I had to do that day) and wake up at 7am, then take a nap when I get home.

Reactions: Khia Petal
This poll needs the 'not enough' answer.

I used to get 8-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night (plus a few hours of naps) until this year when something made my brain decide to screw up with my sleep and it went down to as low as 4 hours per night (it's slowly creeping back up, but it's not even at 8 hours yet).

Depends on the kid really, but anywhere between 4 and 8 hours. The goal is always 8, but that's not always reality, lol.

I'll sleep when the kid is grown. Until then, coffee.

I go to bed around 8-10pm and wake up at 4am. Very rarely is it any more or less than that. It seems like plenty of sleep for me. I'm rarely tired, and I tend to get everything done.

General schedule:
4am Wake up and ignore everything except for coffee
5am Check messages that have accumulated, but try not to respond in case coffee hasn't kicked in.
6am Get on Skype, upload at least one clip, and finally answer messages.
8am-1pm Streamate & Skype.
After shift upload at least one more clip.
3pm(ish) Errands and gym
Around 8pm I is when I'm out for the night

Last edited:
My solution to this has been a faithful stuffed animal - I'm not even joking.

Awww yay! Another stuffed animal lover! I feel the same way...I got a whole bunch of weird ones on my bed I love it. So do my cats!!!! =^;^=

I complain about sleeping 10 hours, but I'm glad it is not interrupted every hour like it was after bladder tumor removal. I'd have to pee so much, it was like I didn't sleep at all, didn't matter how much I drank before sleep. It was almost dangerous, cause I'd stumble around like I was drunk. I'm glad that's over.

I'm a vampire, always have been. I have a sleep disorder where my natural circadian rhythm is the opposite of the norm - my body would prefer going to sleep at dawn and waking up in the afternoon. From infancy, I've been a sleep during the day, awake during the night type. School was a bitch - I would get only a couple hours sleep each night, because, no matter how early I was made to go to bed, I would be awake for hours because my body wasn't ready for sleep yet. Any time a job forces me to adhere to a "normal" schedule, I'm useless. Fortunately, my current office job has me working 1:30-10 pm, so I can go to sleep anywhere from 3-6am, wake up at 11 or 12, and be mostly human.

I seem to be at my best functioning and most alert if I get 3-5 hours of sleep, and will suddenly be wide awake after that amount of time. I always want to sleep longer, though, and end up getting too much sleep. I can easily run on 3 hours of sleep a night all week, then sleep for half a day and repeat.

Last edited:
Haha, you ladies are making me feel like a super-slacker because I *need* 7-8 hours (nothing more, nothing less) or I am super cranky and tired all day. My sleep is super-important to me, maybe this will change once I have kids.

Reactions: Gen
I wish I could get by on such little sleep =[ 11hrs is about my average... I like 12, I can get by on 10 for a little while. 8-9hrs and I'll be really tired all day and can't do it for long, 6-7hrs and I will literally start falling asleep at random, any less just doesn't happen. It's really hard for me to get as much done as normal people because I lose so much time to my sleeping

Reactions: CharlieBelle
8hours of sleep and the day is pretty good.
Anything under 6 hours and I feel tired af.

I put 4-6 because that is my norm, but sometimes I get like 6 on the dot for several days in a row.
I used to be a heavy and 10+ hour sleeper, but what's really crazy is I never felt good after sleeping that much, I always felt terrible and exhausted. Recently, like in the past 2 years I learned that if I got about 6 hours, 7 if I needed the sleep bad (overworked you know, long day) I felt AMAZING. I think I'm one of those people that legitimately over sleep if left on their own. I sleep really deep too and I never wake to pee so when I wake up I'm like dying to pee!

Just a random , slightly relevant side note. Apparently over sleeping is a thing.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Drumag and Ms L
I sleep 10-12hrs at a time and still always wake up tired. Yay depression! I also have the weirdest sleep schedule I rarely am awake during the day. Basically I'm nocturnal. I partially blame this on the year I worked overnight shift at a non-sex work job.

Reactions: CherryChu
Status
Not open for further replies.