AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How many of you get Amazon Gift Cards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you sell your Amazon GCs?

• Yes, but only for 91-100%

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Yes, I would sell them for 76-90% face value

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, I would sell them for 45-75% face value

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I use them!

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2015
How many of you girls/guys get Amazon GCs as a form of payment or as tips? I'm interested in knowing if cam girls might be interested in exchanging their Amazon GCs for cash.

The reason I ask is because I am looking to pay cash for Amazon GCs. I currently buy and trade Amazon GCs on other communities but I believe there might be some need of my services in this community as well. Let me know what you think

I don't speak for all girls but when people accept amazon giftcards it's usually to buy something specifically from amazon.
Example: fundraising for stripper pole, or fundraising for new computer/laptop where 100% of the funds are going to the target instead of tokens which you'd only see a percent of.
I personally wouldn't sell you any gift cards back, which isn't to say I'm receiving them. But if I were, I wouldn't.

Attachments

• skeptical-gif-2.gif
    skeptical-gif-2.gif
    950 KB · Views: 562
I've always been super annoyed that there was no way to turn my Amazon gift card balance into cash. So I would be super down to make that happen. I'm confused about how it would work though, unless you have to physical gift card, how is it transferable? What am I missing here?

SadieSixx said:
I've always been super annoyed that there was no way to turn my Amazon gift card balance into cash. So I would be super down to make that happen. I'm confused about how it would work though, unless you have to physical gift card, how is it transferable? What am I missing here?

Once you redeem the card (enter your voucher number into Amazon), you can't exchange it. However before that, you could sell/trade the voucher number to someone else.

But why accept Amazon cards if you don't want them? There are some pretty good alternative methods (GiftRocket, Google Wallet, the old standard tokens) to get cash that you can use if that's more useful!

GenXoxo said:
But why accept Amazon cards if you don't want them? There are some pretty good alternative methods (GiftRocket, Google Wallet, the old standard tokens) to get cash that you can use if that's more useful!

Giftrocket and Google Wallet don't work for anyone outside the U.S., while Amazon does. Tokens are a possibility, if the recipient is on MFC, but then you're giving a large cut away. Some models would prefer the money to a higher cam score, and not every model works on MFC. WU and Moneygram are possibilities, but require that the recipient provides either her real name, or that of a trusted third party.

Sevrin said:
GenXoxo said:

Giftrocket and Google Wallet don't work for anyone outside the U.S., while Amazon does. Tokens are a possibility, if the recipient is on MFC, but then you're giving a large cut away. Some models would prefer the money to a higher cam score, and not every model works on MFC. WU and Moneygram are possibilities, but require that the recipient provides either her real name, or that of a trusted third party.

What I mean to say is, if you don't want/won't use an Amazon card, then how is it preferable to having MFC take a cut? (Or Streamate, Chaturbate, Clips4Sale tribute, etc - it doesn't have to be tokens, what I meant was an on-site payment.)

This has already been done, by a company that wouldnt care if you're a camgirl. Companies that are buying giftcards from camgirls makes me feel weary about intentions because i'm paranoid and don't trust people.

I know there is a site named cardpool where you can sell your giftcards, it works for egifts (a member would use it to send me giftcards, since it costs less money for the face value) but none of the options are for amazon cards.
So if someone wanted to do this system right now they could just ask for a victorias secret gift card and get it in cash. A 100$ VS giftcard will get you 77$ but it comes by check and is by no means instant.

Personally I like to use my cards for their face value, if I were to only get a percentage of the money i'd rather receive it through the site I work on and have it benefit my placement. Plus i don't trust most random new sites geared towards cammodels because i'm paranoid.

Be easier to sell em on Ebay and hope you get an idiot buyer. Like this one I JUST looked up right before I typed this. It just ended. :lol: :woops:

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_29_2015 , 10_03_09 PM.png
    Screenshot - 3_29_2015 , 10_03_09 PM.png
    383.1 KB · Views: 502
SadieSixx said:

I actually know of a way to transfer Amazon account balance so it would be okay to redeem them to your account.
KylieJacobs said:
How would you pay for the gift cards? (google wallet, paypal, etc)

I have several ways to pay: Verified US Paypal, Google Wallet, Bitcoins, Venmo, and am currently setting up a Skrill. In my opinion, Google Wallet, Venmo, and BTC would be the safest for you as its extremely difficult, if not impossible, to dispute a transaction.

JessieWolfe said:
This has already been done, by a company that wouldnt care if you're a camgirl. Companies that are buying giftcards from camgirls makes me feel weary about intentions because i'm paranoid and don't trust people.

I know there is a site named cardpool where you can sell your giftcards, it works for egifts (a member would use it to send me giftcards, since it costs less money for the face value) but none of the options are for amazon cards.
So if someone wanted to do this system right now they could just ask for a victorias secret gift card and get it in cash. A 100$ VS giftcard will get you 77$ but it comes by check and is by no means instant.

Personally I like to use my cards for their face value, if I were to only get a percentage of the money i'd rather receive it through the site I work on and have it benefit my placement. Plus i don't trust most random new sites geared towards cammodels because i'm paranoid.

These are all very good points you make. There are several places that buy all sorts of gift cards but many, if not all, have a monthly limit per person. The other issue with these merchants is that you normally have to wait a good while before receiving your payment.

I was not aware that there were businesses that specifically cater to cam girls but it makes sense now that you mention it. I actually deal in a couple other communities and have legitimate means to acquiring the gift cards. I understand that many might be hesitant to trade with me but I'm sure over time I would be able to put any concerns to rest. I trade in high volumes and have actually traded with a cam girl in the past. I could ask her to vouch for me if it would help.

JerryBoBerry said:
Be easier to sell em on Ebay and hope you get an idiot buyer. Like this one I JUST looked up right before I typed this. It just ended. :lol: :woops:

The issue with this is that ebay/Paypal takes a 10% cut. You also need to ship the item and sale of digital goods (including eGift cards are not allows). If you send a physical card in a plain envelope and slap a 50 cent stamp on it, there is a small chance of it being lost or stolen. The purchaser can also claim that it never arrived. I have sold gift cards on eBay in the past and have dealt with scammers who report you to eBay claiming that the gift card you sold them had no balance on them. As with everything on the internet, there is some risk.

For some reason I was under the impression you had a website/company that was used for the transactions.

But now it sounds like you just buy giftcards yourself?
May i ask what other companies use amazon giftcards as forms of currency so often that you are able to make a whole business off of giving them less cash than the amount they had in gift cards?
For some reason i was under the impression you had a business that did this already and were trying to expand marketing to cam girls.

I'm confused.

JessieWolfe said:
For some reason I was under the impression you had a website/company that was used for the transactions.

But now it sounds like you just buy giftcards yourself?
May i ask what other companies use amazon giftcards as forms of currency so often that you are able to make a whole business off of giving them less cash than the amount they had in gift cards?
For some reason i was under the impression you had a business that did this already and were trying to expand marketing to cam girls.

I'm confused.

Yep. I'm an individual buying gift cards for several purposes. Firstly, I use a LOT of Amazon money. According to my account page, I've placed 535 orders in 2015 alone. Secondly, I sent them to friends and family, and family of friends near or at the same rate I buy at. A couple of my friends' families use Amazon exclusively for online shopping. Thirdly, I spend the remainder of anything I can't use on PlayStation and XBOX gift card codes and subscription codes and sell those at a very slight profit.

I am currently getting my Amazon gift cards for pretty cheap but might be interested in breaking into another industry to increase the volume of trades I conduct. Still not really sure but wanted to post this thread to get an idea of what interest there was.

I'm good at confusing myself haha

Yea I'd much rather exchange gift cards to an individual since i could just give my email address for paypal or other forms of compensation. I was worried that if it were a website I would have to put in personal information in order to get paid.

Reactions: Worship Jaclyn
Most models are already aware of the "Giftcard Exchange" thread in Models Only. If a model has a gc that she can't or doesn't want to use, she can offer to trade it for a different one or $ in that thread. So thank you for the offer, but our giftcard needs are already being met.

AmazonExchange said:
I actually know of a way to transfer Amazon account balance so it would be okay to redeem them to your account.

There is no way to transfer account balances from one Amazon account to another. The only way that I can imagine Amazon approving something like this would be if you knew the login details for both accounts (and/or could prove you owned both). And no person in their right mind would give a random internet stranger their information. :naughty: Or do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

I_Am_Iris said:
Most models are already aware of the "Giftcard Exchange" thread in Models Only. If a model has a gc that she can't or doesn't want to use, she can offer to trade it for a different one or $ in that thread. So thank you for the offer, but our giftcard needs are already being met.

AmazonExchange said:

There is no way to transfer account balances from one Amazon account to another. The only way that I can imagine Amazon approving something like this would be if you knew the login details for both accounts (and/or could prove you owned both). And no person in their right mind would give a random internet stranger their information. :naughty: Or do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

Is the gift card service you mention run by the people who run this site or an individual doing something similar to what I'm proposing to do? Also, yes, I do know something that, at least you, don't know when it comes to transferring Amazon account balance

AmazonExchange said:
Is the gift card service you mention run by the people who run this site or an individual doing something similar to what I'm proposing to do?
The way it's done here is more so an exchange among friends, or at least people who have some sort of level of trust of one another. So it's better than what you're proposing! ;)

BTW, I'm da people who run this site.

JessieWolfe said:
Plus when models exchange gift cards with each other we don't take cuts from it, it's just an even exchange.

So would models aren't interested in selling at lower rates, would they be interested in buying at slightly discounted rates?

AmazonExchange said:
JessieWolfe said:
Plus when models exchange gift cards with each other we don't take cuts from it, it's just an even exchange.

So would models aren't interested in selling at lower rates, would they be interested in buying at slightly discounted rates?
Unless you can either offer them for free or in trade for sex videos i'm going to out on a limb and say no, they wouldn't. Because that's the current discount rate most of them enjoy now.

JerryBoBerry said:
AmazonExchange said:
JessieWolfe said:

Unless you can either offer them for free or in trade for sex videos i'm going to out on a limb and say no, they wouldn't. Because that's the current discount rate most of them enjoy now.

So you're saying no one would be interested in paying $1 for $100 Amazon credit? Because that's basically what you're saying right now except at an extreme rate. The premise is the same regardless of the amount of discount. If the value of Amazon balance is near the value of cash, then it is in the buyer's favor to exchange cash for Amazon at a higher rate.

Either way I'd like to hear what others think

AmazonExchange said:
JerryBoBerry said:
AmazonExchange said:
JessieWolfe said:

So you're saying no one would be interested in paying $1 for $100 Amazon credit? Because that's basically what you're saying right now except at an extreme rate. The premise is the same regardless of the amount of discount. If the value of Amazon balance is near the value of cash, then it is in the buyer's favor to exchange cash for Amazon at a higher rate.

I would perhaps be interested in this, but I would need to really feel like I trusted the person on the other end of the transaction! That's part of why the Gift Card Exchange thread between models works pretty well, though it isn't often populated and I think most people do utilize Amazon Gift Cards instead of exchange them because they're so damn handy! What payment methods would you use for this?

Reactions: NataliaGrey
OP, we don't know you, so it's understandable that we'd be cautious of you to begin with. But now that your whole "scheme" is changing so drastically, it's making us even more wary. You came here initially under the premise of "I love Amazon, and spend lots of money there, so anyone want to sell me giftcards at a discounted rate!?!?" Then you were told no. That we already do trades amongst ourselves. You allude to knowing some back-door secret to the seedy underbelly of Amazon account balance transfers, but refuse to expand upon it. And now you're attempting to rouse us with "Well, I have LOTS of gift cards! Super cheap! $100 for $1! It's a steal, I tell ya!"

Do you see why you have absolutely no credibility here? We, as models, get giftcard scams thrown at us multiple times per day. We know exactly how easy it is for a GENUINE gift card purchaser to cancel the gift card even after the model has added it to her account. Basically, we know that any gift cards that a model would purchase from you would be a waste of her money (yes, even the $1). So this is either A) a very long drawn-out slow con to get a model's name/information/etc, or B) a very long-drawn out "get rich quick slow" scheme.

I only see 3 options for you, OP. Either leave, try to find a model who will fall for your oh-so-clever trap, or continue to give us all a good chuckle by proving your trustworthiness/intentions. :lol:

I_Am_Iris said:
OP, we don't know you, so it's understandable that we'd be cautious of you to begin with. But now that your whole "scheme" is changing so drastically, it's making us even more wary. You came here initially under the premise of "I love Amazon, and spend lots of money there, so anyone want to sell me giftcards at a discounted rate!?!?" Then you were told no. That we already do trades amongst ourselves. You allude to knowing some back-door secret to the seedy underbelly of Amazon account balance transfers, but refuse to expand upon it. And now you're attempting to rouse us with "Well, I have LOTS of gift cards! Super cheap! $100 for $1! It's a steal, I tell ya!"

Do you see why you have absolutely no credibility here? We, as models, get giftcard scams thrown at us multiple times per day. We know exactly how easy it is for a GENUINE gift card purchaser to cancel the gift card even after the model has added it to her account. Basically, we know that any gift cards that a model would purchase from you would be a waste of her money (yes, even the $1). So this is either A) a very long drawn-out slow con to get a model's name/information/etc, or B) a very long-drawn out "get rich quick slow" scheme.

I only see 3 options for you, OP. Either leave, try to find a model who will fall for your oh-so-clever trap, or continue to give us all a good chuckle by proving your trustworthiness/intentions. :lol:

Damn. Only 3 options. Quite rude.

As for my credibility, I already stated that I have no expectations that anyone should trust me. It's obvious that deals like this should be approached with caution but there's no need to call me out and insult me in the way you did. We're all intelligent people here and I don't appreciate the heavy air of condescension from your posts. Any trades I initiate with the people of this community would have to start from the very first step of gartering some mutual and respect. I don't expect to trade with you at this point and honestly would rather not trade with anyone so set on her judgements.

KayleePond said:
AmazonExchange said:
JerryBoBerry said:
AmazonExchange said:
JessieWolfe said:

I would perhaps be interested in this, but I would need to really feel like I trusted the person on the other end of the transaction! That's part of why the Gift Card Exchange thread between models works pretty well, though it isn't often populated and I think most people do utilize Amazon Gift Cards instead of exchange them because they're so damn handy! What payment methods would you use for this?

I'd be using Google Wallet, PayPal, Venmo, BTC, and possibly Skrill if there is a demand for it.

Anyways. I'm going to ask if the model I traded with before has an account here and see if she can at least vouch for the transaction we conducted. One thing I wanted to ask if what kind of confirmation would you need to trust me enough to do a single, small transaction? I'm thinking $5-10 at a time to build trust. I could also start a vouch thread for myself where people could leave a comment whenever they have a pleasant transaction with me.

I'm not sure I'm going to go forward with this idea but will keep listening to any thoughts you girls have.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Arn't skrill what whales eat?

oh wait that's krill.

Amazon gift cards are just SO easy for girls to get scammed with. I think about 87.4 percent of us have gotten scammed with an amazon card before. Especially if we pay 5$ to you, get the 10$ giftcard in return.
I think the only way I would consider it would be to use the giftcard then send you payment for it (which is how a lot of transactions are done for us, we will buy the stuff we want then make/send the content to the buyer). Most of us have wishlists so the buying happens really fast.

Why not just use the cash to buy stuff off of Amazon directly? Why do you need to get gift cards from a third party? OP's solicitation sounds similar to a situation that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission describes on their website warning people of gift card scams, except that the merchandise is cash.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/how-not-use-gift-card

We may need to bring Chris Hansen in on this:

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I could be wrong and you could be completely legit. Having said that, before I stumbled into camworld and these forums, I spent quite a bit of time playing online poker and an awful lot of time on a very well known poker forum. In the old days of online poker there was often a need to quickly get money from one site to another, and a whole section of the forum dedicated to doing just that. People would list every trade they made, and some folks would trade thousands of dollars very honestly, until the day they didn't. Many of these fraudulent transactions netted thousands of dollars with typically very little recourse.

I am in no way claiming you're a scammer or that there is any nefarious intent here, but if you brought one person to vouch for you, or completed a couple of successful transactions, I'd still recommend that the models be very leery of your services. While you might offer a better exchange rate, I'm sure the model to model transactions done in models only is a much safer bet.

That said, best of luck to you :)

swagger said:
I could be wrong and you could be completely legit. Having said that, before I stumbled into camworld and these forums, I spent quite a bit of time playing online poker and an awful lot of time on a very well known poker forum. In the old days of online poker there was often a need to quickly get money from one site to another, and a whole section of the forum dedicated to doing just that. People would list every trade they made, and some folks would trade thousands of dollars very honestly, until the day they didn't. Many of these fraudulent transactions netted thousands of dollars with typically very little recourse.

I am in no way claiming you're a scammer or that there is any nefarious intent here, but if you brought one person to vouch for you, or completed a couple of successful transactions, I'd still recommend that the models be very leery of your services. While you might offer a better exchange rate, I'm sure the model to model transactions done in models only is a much safer bet.

It seems to me Amazon gift cards are pretty common form of currency, and while it certainly make sense for camgirls to trade among themselves, it sounds like that doesn't always happen. On more than one occasion, I've seen a camgirl ask for money for a big purchase only to have a member buy the item outright, and leaving her with more GC than she really needs. Since it is difficult to pay rent with Amazon GC, I can see a need for a service of convert CG to cash. It cost a member ~$160 to buy tokens (depending on site) to give a camgirl a $100 worth of income, after Federal taxes of say 25% and pay 15% for payroll taxes leave the girl only $60. The difference between $160 and $60 creates a pretty large opportunity for somebody to act as middle man. If the guy pay $90 for a $100 worth of gift cards, that seems like a win for everybody. The member spends 38% less money, the camgirl gets 50% more spendable dollars, and the AmazonExchange makes a small profit.

Obviously people should be cautious yada, and don't cash in $2,000 of gift cards at once...

HiGirlsRHot said:
swagger said:

It seems to me Amazon gift cards are pretty common form of currency, and while it certainly make sense for camgirls to trade among themselves, it sounds like that doesn't always happen. On more than one occasion, I've seen a camgirl ask for money for a big purchase only to have a member buy the item outright, and leaving her with more GC than she really needs. Since it is difficult to pay rent with Amazon GC, I can see a need for a service of convert CG to cash. It cost a member ~$160 to buy tokens (depending on site) to give a camgirl a $100 worth of income, after Federal taxes of say 25% and pay 15% for payroll taxes leave the girl only $60. The difference between $160 and $60 creates a pretty large opportunity for somebody to act as middle man. If the guy pay $90 for a $100 worth of gift cards, that seems like a win for everybody. The member spends 38% less money, the camgirl gets 50% more spendable dollars, and the AmazonExchange makes a small profit.

Obviously people should be cautious yada, and don't cash in $2,000 of gift cards at once...
Amazon can be a very helpful place to have credits. You can really buy tons of day to day necessities there. If I wasn't always trying to maintain a reasonable camscore and MFC rank, it might make sense for me to accept a couple hundred bucks in Amazon GC every month for me to use for toiletries, groceries, etc.

Amazon is amazing.

But for the majority of girls, accepting tokens or credits directly on their cam site is most beneficial to them as far as ranks, placement, making payouts, etc. Even if it means taking a slightly smaller cut/paying taxes on it.

Either way, different strokes. All forms of payment have their place in this cam girl world. Just not sure if every JillShmill should trust a random JoeSchmo in an exchange, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.