AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get more tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissAshley

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 29, 2016
Twitter Username
@M3rmaidGrrl
MFC Username
MissAshy
Streamate Username
MissAshy
ive done two shows with MFC so far and I'm soooo discouraged. I made 248tk my first show and 200tk my second. Less than $25. My camscore is under 700 what am I doing wrong?!?? I'm not getting naked for free, he first time I was in a tank tops and shorts with a sexy bra under. Today I had on lingerie. Today started good but then the tipping stopped. Everyone is so complimentary and I'm getting a ton of PMS, but not so many tips. Everyone is asking if i do Skype, which I don't have and was going to try to just do MFC. I think I might give another site like cam4 or streammate a try later.

Any advice? I'm so discouraged.

1) Disable PMs and ask for 100 tokens to PM you. Don't give attention for free.

2) Did you identify at what point people stopped tipping? How many people were tipping? Did something special happen right before they stopped? Did you do a flash, take your top off, or did any other nudity right before they stopped tipping?

3) Do try other sites.

1. how do I disable PMs?

2. There were a couple of guys tipping, and once they left i felt like no one else tipped. Then two guys got into an argument in my room because one of them was saying their sister was hot or something. ALSO I have noticed other cam girls coming into my room and PMing the members in my room trying to get them to join their rooms instead.

3. Thank you! I'm going to.

1. how do I disable PMs?

2. There were a couple of guys tipping, and once they left i felt like no one else tipped. Then two guys got into an argument in my room because one of them was saying their sister was hot or something. ALSO I have noticed other cam girls coming into my room and PMing the members in my room trying to get them to join their rooms instead.

3. Thank you! I'm going to.

Ban models from entering your room, you can do that on the same "options" window where you make PMs "friends only". It used to be a button with a tool icon on the lower left side of your screen. I don't know if it is still that way since I haven't cammed on MFC for almost a year.

Ban anyone who brings your room's mood down.

Ban models from entering your room, you can do that on the same "options" window where you make PMs "friends only". It used to be a button with a tool icon on the lower left side of your screen. I don't know if it is still that way since I haven't cammed on MFC for almost a year.

Ban anyone who brings your room's mood down.

Thank you. I have PMs friends only now! It says I already had models banned from my room. So I don't know how they were getting in there! But they were.

3) Do try other sites.

100%. Kitsune gave me the exact same advice and it worked a treat. I came off MFC for a week, decided to put my efforts into Chaturbate (no camscore and you can learn what brings the viewers in, what doesn't etc...). If your on 4 hours and earn $40 then it's $40 in your pocket with no camscore loss! Plus the longer you are on the more you get noticed...its ace!

A few tips I learnt when I built my cam score up (if you see my posts you'll see I was on the verge of tears with MFC).

1) If after 30 mins there is no tips, no one has said hello and only a handful of prems but none have tkns. Log off. I always use say 'Last call for a PVT guys! So horny tonight, loads of new toys to play with!!'. Sometimes I got a PVT but if not then I followed it with 'No? Shame...ok guys its really quiet tonight which is a shame, logging off...bye'.

2) Set goals. At the beginning when building it all up I use to do 300tkns for topless and was so excited when this target was made (even if i wasn't). They love it when your smiley, full of fun etc...

3) Are you different? Look around you...what are the other girls doing? Are you more interesting or less interesting? Do you have good lighting, good music? - Research and take notes. I found this helpful when I watched other models. (Never copy but do see what works, everyone is different....you will be someones muse)

4) Social Media. Have Twitter? I always tweet in the morning, 30 mins before, sometimes whilst online and after i've been online. Promote and try and encourage offline tips (your earning without being online!). Do deals on any videos or snapchat.

5) Try a different time. I cammed in the morning, afternoon, early evening, late evening, middle of the god dammed night to try and find what worked. I'm from the UK so it was either morning or late evening....
Once you've found a time then stick to it and keep people informed via Twitter or MFC's newsfeed if its going to change for any reason....

I thought camming was an easy way to make money *facepalms*. It is not, it's a job lol. Don't give up. You can do it. I've spoken to girls on here who have gone from a 500 camscore to 3000. Lower the camscore, easier it is to go higher xxx

After trying to apply all these tips I went online today and did much better :) Not sure if today being a holiday had anything to do with it! I made as much today as I did saturday & sunday COMBINED!

One thing: I made a separate twitter for MFC, BUT OMG one of my IRL found it and followed me(I haven't posted ANYTHING yet, so she doesn't know about MFC). HOW do I make it so my IRL friends can't find me on twitter?!?!

Also: I tried Chaturbate & Cam4 with no luck :( But I am improving on MFC. I still haven't gotten approved on Streamate. Something tells me I should HOPEFULLY do good on there because i'm a BBW and i've heard SM is better for BBWs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Puffin
1. how do I disable PMs?
Amber posted a screenshot before, it's so useful I'm reposting it here. If you want to charge, only have the Friends box checked and then charge for a friends add.

screen-shot-2015-10-02-at-2-53-00-pm-png.58445

After trying to apply all these tips I went online today and did much better :) Not sure if today being a holiday had anything to do with it! I made as much today as I did saturday & sunday COMBINED!

One thing: I made a separate twitter for MFC, BUT OMG one of my IRL found it and followed me(I haven't posted ANYTHING yet, so she doesn't know about MFC). HOW do I make it so my IRL friends can't find me on twitter?!?!

Also: I tried Chaturbate & Cam4 with no luck :( But I am improving on MFC. I still haven't gotten approved on Streamate. Something tells me I should HOPEFULLY do good on there because i'm a BBW and i've heard SM is better for BBWs.

Stay off twitter and all social media until you have cammed long enough to be savvy about hiding your private info. Mistakes you make as a noob will follow you forever and will be very hard to overcome later. Many girls (me included) make a killing without any social media at all. There is no need to do everything at once.

Stay off twitter and all social media until you have cammed long enough to be savvy about hiding your private info. Mistakes you make as a noob will follow you forever and will be very hard to overcome later. Many girls (me included) make a killing without any social media at all. There is no need to do everything at once.
THANK YOU! I really did NOT want to start using twitter because I was afraid of people finding me through that! What about Skype? All of the members keep PMing me about Skype on MFC.

I'm kinda new too but i'd suggest you

1) Sit down one day and do your research about skype and security, how to avoid giving away your location, etc...

2) NEVER do skype shows without getting your tokens first and stop when time is up, if they want more time, they gotta pay for it. This is my personal opinion: don't ask for other payment options other than tokens until you've some time camming because yes, other options may give you highest % profit but tokens help keep your camscore up

3) You can sell skype shows for x amount of tokens (do your research on how much a private/true private costs on mfc and maybe give skype shows for a little less...or more

4) you can give skype shows for your highest tipper of the day/week/month

5) give them as a prize in raffles or other games

6) offer them only as an offline tip option so maybe if one day you can't cam but have time for a show a two ask to be tipped offline for it so you don't completely lose the day off

Hope i gave you some ideas, if i'm wrong in any of them please models correct me!

Good luck!

Edit: one last thing, i've noticed that usually guys who ask for skype to new girls are looking to scam them. Do your research and don't fall for their tricks

Last edited:
Oh i was checking my account saw this on the Models Settings
Screenshot_2016-09-05-23-28-34.png
Under chat room there's an option to keep models out of your room. Is that how you were doing it or directly from the broadcast window?

Oh i was checking my account saw this on the Models Settings
View attachment 65414
Under chat room there's an option to keep models out of your room. Is that how you were doing it or directly from the broadcast window?
I did it directly from the broadcast menu!

And THANK YOU for your skype tips!! I knew it had to be a new model scam or something

Reactions: noemik
Hi, i always like models that are comfortable about her body and her work. All models i think are beautiful and deserve some sort of appreciation either by tips or genuine compliments (tips are a bliss). Nothing is Free of course but for me as a viewer im always a sucker for models that makes me believe that she is there because she is one naughty flower. No need to show anything just make a guy want you by making him aware that you know what he wants not by stating the obvious but by making it personal(pretend of course).

also pushy for tips discourages me. i can imagine it is difficult for models to classify a member(freeloader or big daddy) and investing time on someone that in the end is not beneficial can be scary and discouraging but just remember the reason why u wanted to do this work and possibilities on earning big as well as the downside that comes with it.

mute non-members, people who won't pay for membership will certainly not pay your bills and compliments although encouraging but words will never be part of a survival kit, lol good luck love

Reactions: Pure_emotion
I'm kinda new to this group, but I have been camming about 1.5 years. If you do choose to use twitter for work, you can block all of your high school friends from the work account. It just takes some time to go through and block everyone.

I don't know how you guys do it. I've made 61 tokens over two days and over three hours caming. I'm a BBW too and my cam score is lower than 800 now. I don't get many people in my room either. I'm waiting for streammate to approve my application but it's definitely discouraging. I'm doing everything above and switching it up when no ones biting but I was on for over an hour and a half today and got zilch. Hopefully when some of the stuff I've ordered for cam'ing comes in, I can start bringing in more people.

(I know I'm being whiny. Sorry for whining in your thread)

-HR

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT and Poppy01
I don't know how you guys do it. I've made 61 tokens over two days and over three hours caming. I'm a BBW too and my cam score is lower than 800 now. I don't get many people in my room either. I'm waiting for streammate to approve my application but it's definitely discouraging. I'm doing everything above and switching it up when no ones biting but I was on for over an hour and a half today and got zilch. Hopefully when some of the stuff I've ordered for cam'ing comes in, I can start bringing in more people.

-HR

Your not whiney its frustrating....Once SM has approved leave MFC for a week and come back to it when you feel your ready to tackle it again x

• Hugs
Reactions: hollyreynolds

-HR
SAME!!!! So I tried MFC for 4 days. I was on for 792 Minutes total, and made 1237 tokens.My cam score is
566!! I finally got approved from stream mate yesterday after TWO WEEKS of waiting, and I got on last night, I was online for 54 minutes, paid for 15 of those minutes, and made $14.82. I'm going to give SM my all this weekend, I have a feeling I can make way more on there than on MFC. I'm also a BBW. Definitely try SM.

Also, something i've found works to get people in my room: turn on some Pussy Liquor by rob zombie and do an extremely sexy dance in heels and lingerie. lol. I can go from 5 viewers to 40 just by doing that! I also started offered Rate Your Cock for 50tk and i've had a few biters!

Reactions: hollyreynolds
SAME!!!! So I tried MFC for 4 days. I was on for 792 Minutes total, and made 1237 tokens.My cam score is
566!! I finally got approved from stream mate yesterday after TWO WEEKS of waiting, and I got on last night, I was online for 54 minutes, paid for 15 of those minutes, and made $14.82. I'm going to give SM my all this weekend, I have a feeling I can make way more on there than on MFC. I'm also a BBW. Definitely try SM.

Also, something i've found works to get people in my room: turn on some Pussy Liquor by rob zombie and do an extremely sexy dance in heels and lingerie. lol. I can go from 5 viewers to 40 just by doing that! I also started offered Rate Your Cock for 50tk and i've had a few biters!

Thank you for the tips!!! I've tried a strip show with 100 tokens per item of clothing removed, no biters even in sexy lingerie with dancing. Nobody seems to want to pay for it, but I'm refusing to give it up for free so many people leave.

Definitely going to try SM whenever they approve my profile. Seems like it might be better for us BBW's than the MFC.

Hugs.

-HR

• Hugs
Reactions: MissAshley

I don't have much to add besides that song is my SHIT when I'm doing sexy dances too!

Reactions: MissAshley
I don't have much to add besides that song is my SHIT when I'm doing sexy dances too!
YESS! This is the perfect sexy dance song!! My other go to is pretty much anything by def leppard LOL. Hysteria, Animal, Pour Some sugar on me... But I feel like for some reason dancing to pussy liquor makes the boys come calling.

Thank you for the tips!!! I've tried a strip show with 100 tokens per item of clothing removed, no biters even in sexy lingerie with dancing. Nobody seems to want to pay for it, but I'm refusing to give it up for free so many people leave.

Definitely going to try SM whenever they approve my profile. Seems like it might be better for us BBW's than the MFC.

Hugs.

-HR

I do a lot of teasing for free on MFC. At least since i'm starting out. Charging for PMing/friend adds was really a game changer for me. Now I have people paying to be my friends just to chat with me, hahah. I do think SM might be more BBW friendly, or maybe in general it's just easier to make money on there. Not sure.

Much luck to you! I'm just starting out too so if you ever need someone to vent to or share stories with, don't be a stranger! As new girls and BBWs, we have something in common :h:

BBWs and other niche girls do pretty well on streamate, but here's a few things to know.

You need 5-five star ratings and lots of time to get good placement. Use an encoder, don't broadcast through the site itself. Keep notes on regs if you can. Ask for ratings at the end of a private as a thank you. PRICE YOURSELF HIGH. AT LEAST 3.99 A MINUTE OR MORE. This chases away the cheapos and you do less work while making the same dollar per hour. Wait 30 seconds in a private before getting naked, people don't get charged if they leave within 30 seconds, and many people will scam you to get naked just so they can get a freebie.

Don't do ANYTHING in free chat for free (unless you really wanna). Just be polite, direct them to take you private and etc. SM guys expect to pay for their shows, so don't give them reason to not pay :)

If you ever start doing gold shows, SM will record them sometimes and release them for free to tube sites. Be aware of that. They also have questionable marketing practices sometimes. But all in all, I make a great deal more on SM per hour than I do on any token site.

I work the token sites for funsies mostly :)

BBWs and other niche girls do pretty well on streamate, but here's a few things to know.

You need 5-five star ratings and lots of time to get good placement. Use an encoder, don't broadcast through the site itself. Keep notes on regs if you can. Ask for ratings at the end of a private as a thank you. PRICE YOURSELF HIGH. AT LEAST 3.99 A MINUTE OR MORE. This chases away the cheapos and you do less work while making the same dollar per hour. Wait 30 seconds in a private before getting naked, people don't get charged if they leave within 30 seconds, and many people will scam you to get naked just so they can get a freebie.

Don't do ANYTHING in free chat for free (unless you really wanna). Just be polite, direct them to take you private and etc. SM guys expect to pay for their shows, so don't give them reason to not pay :)

If you ever start doing gold shows, SM will record them sometimes and release them for free to tube sites. Be aware of that. They also have questionable marketing practices sometimes. But all in all, I make a great deal more on SM per hour than I do on any token site.

I work the token sites for funsies mostly :)

I have my prices set to $3.99/private and $4.99/exclusive. I've only been on SM once, last night for 54 minutes, and had a 15min private show where I made $14. I was excited :) I"m thinking about raising my prices already, and since you said a minimum of 3.99, does that mean that guys EXPECT to pay more so it's okay to raise my prices already?

The only thing I did for free in free chat was stand up. Because I want people to know what they are getting into(I'm not a skinny mini or a SSBBW, i'm a size 16 so i think i'm "Average" for the american woman, TBH) . Should I not even stand up for free?

I have my prices set to $3.99/private and $4.99/exclusive. I've only been on SM once, last night for 54 minutes, and had a 15min private show where I made $14. I was excited :) I"m thinking about raising my prices already, and since you said a minimum of 3.99, does that mean that guys EXPECT to pay more so it's okay to raise my prices already?

The only thing I did for free in free chat was stand up. Because I want people to know what they are getting into(I'm not a skinny mini or a SSBBW, i'm a size 16 so i think i'm "Average" for the american woman, TBH) . Should I not even stand up for free?
Lol Not if you don't want to! My personal pricing is 5.49 for premium privates and 5.99 for exclusive. I do a few shows an hour while watching netflix or chatting with people on my phone "waiting" for shows. It's much easier on SM for girls who like privates etc. Also, if you are comfortable classifying yourself as a BBW, then go full tilt. Niche and fetish models make more money there than on MFC.

Lol Not if you don't want to! My personal pricing is 5.49 for premium privates and 5.99 for exclusive. I do a few shows an hour while watching netflix or chatting with people on my phone "waiting" for shows. It's much easier on SM for girls who like privates etc. Also, if you are comfortable classifying yourself as a BBW, then go full tilt. Niche and fetish models make more money there than on MFC.

I'm comfortable classifying myself as a BBW for now, But i'm also on a weightloss journey, lol. I don't want to lose regulars as I lose weight... or maybe they will still like me when I'm 100lbs lighter? haha.

Reactions: TeganTrex
I just wanted to post an update and say I started on SM tonight and was on for just for over 100 minutes and made almost 20 bucks which is almost 10x what I made on MFC in 500+ minutes.

It definitely appears SM is better for BBW's. So glad I went that route. Feeling much better about caming now. Yay!

-HR

I am also kind of a newbie at camming on MFC but even im not doing great there yet, i have to say i love it. It has bring me incredible surprises when i expected them the less. Guys can be a pain in the ass but i've also met some of them who support me almost no matter what.
But i know it can be really frustrating. Specially when u see a girl who literally does nothing on cam and gets 5 or 6 pvts in an hour (for real, i've seen that). Even guys have told me they find mfc unfair sometimes, bcause some girls that dont put too much effort on it make lots of tks, and some other who struggle and struggle have harder times. But i honestly believe there is a way to beat that, and it has worked for me pretty well.

1. U have make sure u actually do what threads say. Those help a lot. I'm talking about look, lighting, make sure you are actually seductive (dont just think u do)... Sometimes this things might take a while to be learned and that's ok :)
2. Talk a lot, but not too much. This is my super personal opinion... Talking is important but doing it 100 % of the time may be overwhelming for some guys, plus they have free entretainment.. and no no no.
3. Be consistent with ur schedule. It doesnt matter if u r not doing the most crazy fun show everyday. But even just to hang for an hour or two, dont miss a day of ur schedule. It might surprise u it helps a lot after some days.}
And 4. DOnt be scared of camscore. Go online to have a great time too and make sure u do your best. And if u r new dont be worried of being 1 or 1:30 hours online just having fun. Yoou will see it helps eventually. Just remember that if u dont go online no body can see you :) and u cant get new friends.

Hope this helps. :throb

Reactions: Rhiannon Reye
Status
Not open for further replies.