AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get more tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I did for free in free chat was stand up. Because I want people to know what they are getting into(I'm not a skinny mini or a SSBBW, i'm a size 16 so i think i'm "Average" for the american woman, TBH) . Should I not even stand up for free?

Nope. There's enough guys who that's enough for that standing up for free is not the best route. I used to charge 1 gold for standing up, now I run my room so that any tip gets a stand/flash/etc, though bigger tips get a better show. So, a 1 gold boob flash is a legit flash, bam top up bam top down, whereas a 5 gold boob flash is shirt up, a little boob squeezing, shirt down.

Nope. There's enough guys who that's enough for that standing up for free is not the best route. I used to charge 1 gold for standing up, now I run my room so that any tip gets a stand/flash/etc, though bigger tips get a better show. So, a 1 gold boob flash is a legit flash, bam top up bam top down, whereas a 5 gold boob flash is shirt up, a little boob squeezing, shirt down.

Wait, are we talking about streamate? I didn't even know tipping was a thing at all in streamate???

Wait, are we talking about streamate? I didn't even know tipping was a thing at all in streamate???

Yes, they have a button that says "send gold" and that's how they tip.

Yes!! There's a gold option where members can tip you in the guest chat. 1 gold = 1 US dollar. You still get 35 percent of it, but it's nice to see and can encourage other members to do it too!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
WHAT THE FAWK. I had no idea. I thought the ONLY way I could make money on SM was with private. EFF MY LIFE. I've been doing everything wrong :(

Ashley, you are not doing anything wrong and i send you massive hugs. Every new camgirl makes mistakes in the beginning and its okay. You can actually make money on SM from getting tips/gold, selling videos, getting involved in those dumbass contests, referrals, and selling your panties.

Yes!! There's a gold option where members can tip you in the guest chat. 1 gold = 1 US dollar. You still get 35 percent of it, but it's nice to see and can encourage other members to do it too!

Thank you! I was trying to find out if tipped Gold was 35% as well.

Ashley, you are not doing anything wrong and i send you massive hugs. Every new camgirl makes mistakes in the beginning and its okay. You can actually make money on SM from getting tips/gold, selling videos, getting involved in those dumbass contests, referrals, and selling your panties.

How do you sell panties on SM? I thought you couldn't exchange contact information with members?

How do you sell panties on SM? I thought you couldn't exchange contact information with members?

You can't, but some girls still do, kinda like how some girls show pussy in free chat even though that's a huge no-no. If you have a customer who's able to use his brain and find your Twitter (it's amazing how many can't figure out how to do something as simple as Google the model's name or search it on Twitter), you can route them through third parties or whatever you use for panty sales.

Reactions: curvyredhead
You can't, but some girls still do, kinda like how some girls show pussy in free chat even though that's a huge no-no. If you have a customer who's able to use his brain and find your Twitter (it's amazing how many can't figure out how to do something as simple as Google the model's name or search it on Twitter), you can route them through third parties or whatever you use for panty sales.

Thank you. I thought it was something like that, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some loophole lol. Seriously about Twitter.... I had some guy DM me asking for my ManyVids link after I had tweeted quite a few tweets about new vids on MV with the links attached. SMH. It's not like I don't have the links on my Twitter profile either.

Something strange seems to be happening to my MFC shows lately - I suddenly started gettting a lot of traffic but no tips and basic interaction is scarce. Unless I turn on pms that is but that leads to facinating convos such as "hi hru" "good u" "not bad :)". When I approach the viewers they are either offline (whilst still being in my chat) or the reactions are rather reticent - or rather cheeky, someone told me straight up today he's here "just to look".
It's a bit like opening a store, there's a crowd filling the store but nobody is willing to speak to you and nobody is buying anything - any ideas what to do about it?
Before I had max 30 people in my room and it was ups and downs, now I get 60-80 and maybe 20tkn per hour.
Might be the times, I'm UK based. Before, I did a lot of teasing, it didn't really worked out in my favour, and I had max 30 something people around. So I decided to do what I enjoy to do so sit, chug wine and talk. Maybe stretch suggestively sometimes. Play the DJ - yet I'm getting less interaction then I did before, less tips and more traffic showing less than I did before.

Reactions: Pure_emotion
Something strange seems to be happening to my MFC shows lately - I suddenly started gettting a lot of traffic but no tips and basic interaction is scarce. Unless I turn on pms that is but that leads to facinating convos such as "hi hru" "good u" "not bad :)". When I approach the viewers they are either offline (whilst still being in my chat) or the reactions are rather reticent - or rather cheeky, someone told me straight up today he's here "just to look".
It's a bit like opening a store, there's a crowd filling the store but nobody is willing to speak to you and nobody is buying anything - any ideas what to do about it?
Before I had max 30 people in my room and it was ups and downs, now I get 60-80 and maybe 20tkn per hour.
Might be the times, I'm UK based.

That doesn't seem that different than my average MFC experience. My regulars are the only ones who tip me, aside from a rare 5-100 token tip here and there from non-regulars. And that's pretty much always been the case for me. Having an influx of people occurs when I masturbate or my shirt comes off, but that rarely actually correlates to more tipping.

And conversations have always been like pulling teeth for me unless, again, it's a regular.

Might be the times, I'm UK based. Before, I did a lot of teasing, it didn't really worked out in my favour, and I had max 30 something people around. So I decided to do what I enjoy to do so sit, chug wine and talk. Maybe stretch suggestively sometimes. Play the DJ - yet I'm getting less interaction then I did before, less tips and more traffic showing less than I did before.

I had something like this happen last week when I was camming and it turned out to be some issue with the window based MFC software. For some reason it wasnt refreshing when people left my room and I was having a hard time understanding how out of 80+ people no one was willing to say 'hi'. One night I was able to ask one of my regulars if someone was still in the room who said they had left and the count he saw in the room compared to what I saw were like 30 people different. I uninstalled and reinstalled the windows based software but havent had a chance to try it out yet. Not sure if your issue is the same thing or not or whether you are using the windows or the browser broadcaster but it could be an issue.

Nah .it just happens to all models from all over the world right now.:(((

Status
Not open for further replies.