AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun__ said:
alicem88 said:
So what should I do if I found out the facebook account of a model? (and below her posts there is written "posted from areawheremodellives" )
I looked for it just for curiosity and I'd like to tell her about it without getting her mad at me or get me banned.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you go fuck yourself, because no one else will if you go around acting like that.

I don't understand this response.

Reactions: alicem88
Aella said:
Shaun__ said:
alicem88 said:
So what should I do if I found out the facebook account of a model? (and below her posts there is written "posted from areawheremodellives" )
I looked for it just for curiosity and I'd like to tell her about it without getting her mad at me or get me banned.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you go fuck yourself, because no one else will if you go around acting like that.

They were cyber stalking, and they knew it was wrong before they did it. They even stated they think the model will be mad or ban them. Now they are planning to tell the model, and make her worry about her safety from them.

They should stop doing stuff like that if they wish to be treated better.

If you're a cam model and it takes like 2 minutes to people to find out your real facebook account, you probably should be worried.
Actually I don't care, me and that model don't even live in the same continent. I'm going to tell her, no matter what. I was just looking for a nice way to do it.

alicem88 said:
If you're a cam model and it takes like 2 minutes to people to find out your real facebook account, you probably should be worried.
Actually I don't care, me and that model don't even live in the same continent. I'm going to tell her, no matter what. I was just looking for a nice way to do it.

I don't know how you found her facebook or why you were looking for her facebook or if she'll ban you for trying to find it/actually finding it, so anything I have to say on that is irrelevant. However, if it was me receiving a message about my security, I'd like it to go something like this:

I debated whether or not I should tell you this, but I know I have to. You are easily searchable and I was able to find your facebook page with basically no effort. You should look into really putting it on lockdown because while I'm on another continent, there are tons of people that are far closer to you that you might actually have to be worried about. If you don't know how to do really secure your facebook, I can tell you how.

I'm sorry that I looked for you and I'm extra sorry that I found you. You might ban me for looking and if you do, I completely understand. I promise that even if you ban me I'll never share your personal details with anyone.

I'd also stress to maybe not do this either while she's streaming or right before she gets on cam as it will probably make her completely paranoid and ruin any chance of her camming that day at all.

Also, in the future, models really dislike that there are people searching for our personal information so even if you did this with good intentions, it looks creepy and stalker-ish.

AllisonWilder said:
I don't know how you found her facebook or why you were looking for her facebook or if she'll ban you for trying to find it/actually finding it, so anything I have to say on that is irrelevant. However, if it was me receiving a message about my security, I'd like it to go something like this:

I debated whether or not I should tell you this, but I know I have to. You are easily searchable and I was able to find your facebook page with basically no effort. You should look into really putting it on lockdown because while I'm on another continent, there are tons of people that are far closer to you that you might actually have to be worried about. If you don't know how to do really secure your facebook, I can tell you how.

I'm sorry that I looked for you and I'm extra sorry that I found you. You might ban me for looking and if you do, I completely understand. I promise that even if you ban me I'll never share your personal details with anyone.

I'd also stress to maybe not do this either while she's streaming or right before she gets on cam as it will probably make her completely paranoid and ruin any chance of her camming that day at all.

Also, in the future, models really dislike that there are people searching for our personal information so even if you did this with good intentions, it looks creepy and stalker-ish.

Ok, I'll probably try with something like that.
Your answer is really, really helpful to me, thank you very much.

Shaun__ said:
Aella said:
Shaun__ said:
alicem88 said:

Any suggestions?

They were cyber stalking, and they knew it was wrong before they did it. They even stated they think the model will be mad or ban them. Now they are planning to tell the model, and make her worry about her safety from them.

They should stop doing stuff like that if they wish to be treated better.

Just because a model gets mad or bans someone doesn't make it wrong.

Dude. A guy found information by looking into it a little bit, and wants to warn her that someone WITH BAD INTENTIONS could do the same thing. How is this wrong at all? Are you saying all men should never check up on info about a model for any reason, ever, even if they're trying to make her aware of a risk to her safety?

Aella said:
Just because a model gets mad or bans someone doesn't make it wrong.

Dude. A guy found information by looking into it a little bit, and wants to warn her that someone WITH BAD INTENTIONS could do the same thing. How is this wrong at all? Are you saying all men should never check up on info about a model for any reason, ever, even if they're trying to make her aware of a risk to her safety?

He knew ahead of time that she would be displeased by it, and he did it anyways. He openly admits it was not an accidental thing, but an intentional invasion of her privacy.

If he had accidentally found her information, I would have tried to be more helpful. Some days I just get tired of fixing various peoples screw ups, and show little patience.

He knew what he was doing would make her unhappy, and he did it anyways. I knew what I was saying would make some people unhappy, and I did it anyways. We are both a little bad I suppose.

Reactions: Anarah
Who is this "he"? I see a member named "alice" with a female avatar.

Does it suddenly make it ok if it's a fellow girl, or even model?

Because if I saw an obvious red flag on a friendly, fellow cam model's profile/twitter/etc, I would tell her. But is it ok for me since I'm... me? If I disguised myself as a male member and sent the same message to the same model, would I be banned and berated?

I don't like the idea of guys going around and picking out random models and directly searching for loopholes, but if a regular member of a girl comes upon information that is put right in front of them and feel it's necessary to tell her, they aren't necessarily a snooping asshole. Now, given no one likes being told they fucked up, and don't really like knowing that one if their regulars suddenly has more information on them than they'd like, so they *may* get banned or get a harsh reaction initially, but not all of these people mean harm or had sneaky/bad intentions.

Take a deep breath and count to 10, Shaun.

Aella said:
Are you saying all men should never check up on info about a model for any reason, ever, even if they're trying to make her aware of a risk to her safety?
That sounds weird.

"I'm such a big fan of this model, so I'm gonna do something nice for her. In an attempt to protect her, I'm gonna Google search her to see what info I can find...then I'm gonna warn her about it. I'll keep her safe!" That sounds a little...YIKES?

If you want a model to be safe, just PM her a message that says something along the lines of "Hey, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be telling your room the address of your day job, and what school your daughter goes to." :woops:

And I agree that Shaun's post was a little harsh. I don't think it (the creepy Google searching) automatically makes the person an asshole. If you post that model's information in her public chat for all to see, and then you say "Oh, my bad...lol," then yeah, that's pretty asshole-ish.

AmberCutie said:

Does it suddenly make it ok if it's a fellow girl, or even model?

Because if I saw an obvious red flag on a friendly, fellow cam model's profile/twitter/etc, I would tell her. But is it ok for me since I'm... me? If I disguised myself as a male member and sent the same message to the same model, would I be banned and berated?

I don't like the idea of guys going around and picking out random models and directly searching for loopholes, but if a regular member of a girl comes upon information that is put right in front of them and feel it's necessary to tell her, they aren't necessarily a snooping asshole. Now, given no one likes being told they fucked up, and don't really like knowing that one if their regulars suddenly has more information on them than they'd like, so they *may* get banned or get a harsh reaction initially, but not all of these people mean harm or had sneaky/bad intentions.

Take a deep breath and count to 10, Shaun.
I do not think I have been very secretive about my thoughts on this kind of stuff.

But I am pretty much with Amber here.

If information is so obvious that it's like, "well hey there, you're all over the Internet" and it actually takes some effort not to find, then it's not like you went and researched a lady and now you're rubbing it in her face. I would find it harder to believe these people had bad/sneaky intentions.

I feel there is a difference though between people who randomly or semi-randomly find information and share it, and people who go hunting down hidden or private information, and then come back and behave as vigilantes there to protect her safety. I would have a much easier time believing these people had bad/sneaky intentions.

But in the end... a lot of ladies are probably going to be really unhappy if someone comes up and reveals a security leak. Amber is right that it makes you feel badly. When you tell a model you've found info on her, even if you found it randomly and even if you have a heart of gold, there is a pretty good chance she is going to shoot the messenger.

This would probably be less of an issue if more models actively spent time looking for their own security risks or employed someone very tech savvy to hunt out the problems for them.

Oh, and just to add to my previous post, this is something I wrote in ... the other stalking thread... (Ugh I hate how the 2 have become the exact same conversation)...

AmberCutie said:
A better option would be to say to the model "just a thought, may want to be careful mentioning such direct details like that! never know how far the crazies will go putting details together."

Now, that may not set 100% well with her, but I'd fathom that it would go over a hell of a lot better than "oh hey I put together a few details from your story yesterday and figured out where you lived."

Amirite?

(And yes, that would make you one of "the crazies" since you took the 2nd route.)

And I have actually had a very trusted regular member point out to me a couple moments where I was getting a little too detailed about a common visiting place that I was discussing in my room. At first I was like "nah, STFU!" (in my head) but looking back, it was good advice and he went about it well.

Yeah, if anybody came to me and was all "Aella, you mentioned something, I decided to search it up and lo and behold - your real name IS RIGHT THERE. I thought I'd let you know so you can fix this security hole" - I would be pleased and thankful.

Actually, that *has* happened before. I almost forgot about it. It taught me to be a lot more paranoid about security. I'm very glad he didn't look me up and then not tell me about it.

AmberCutie said:

Thank you for noticing I'm a girl :lol:

I admit it was bad from me to look for her on the internet, so if when I'll tell her that I found her facebook I'll get banned...well I won't complain.

Maybe it's just cause she doesn't feel threatened by me 'cause I'm a girl, I really don't know but she told me in pm not only the state where she lives but even the city...and of course I knew her first name - not the last name. So it was really easy.

At the moment I'm more worried about her safety than getting banned. As I said before, I just want to try to tell her about this facebook thing without creepying the f*** out of her

In hindsight, maybe the ideal way to pursue the white knight or white dame persona, is when a model first reveals something that you may think could possibly pose a risk, mention it to her THEN, and perhaps suggest that you'd be more than happy to spend some time seeing if it really does pose a threat to her privacy. Then the model is not threatened by already found information, just a friendly suggestion. Then if she says, "no, don't go looking for my shit," you can quietly pursue some other way of entertaining yourself. :)

Aella said:
Yeah, if anybody came to me and was all "Aella, you mentioned something, I decided to search it up and lo and behold - your real name IS RIGHT THERE. I thought I'd let you know so you can fix this security hole" - I would be pleased and thankful.

Actually, that *has* happened before. I almost forgot about it. It taught me to be a lot more paranoid about security. I'm very glad he didn't look me up and then not tell me about it.

Yeah, Because your real name is either. Bertha,Gertrude,or Mildred! :shhh: :razz:

emily420 said:
I hear models listening to the radio a lot. That is not a very smart move.
Keep in mind you can stream most every radio station over the internet now. Either through several webpages like Tunein or apps like Xiaa (and tunein again) or directly from the stations webpage.

So just listening to a radio station doesn't really give anyone a clue. I tend to listen to 105.7 Kingston's K-Rock a lot but I'm nowhere near Canada.

Reactions: Brad
emily420 said:

I only see this as a problem if you're a model who will not reveal her state. Some models will reveal that they live in the *insert state name* area, and nothing more than that. You could listen to Power 99 FM (Philadelphia radio station), but actually live like an hour away from Philly. A not-so-smart move would be telling people you're the grand prize winner of a radio show contest...and that radio show's website has your full name displayed on their homepage.

emily420 said:
Not the room I was in that made me think of this. I told her nicely but she was one of those girls that didn't care. Just thought I would bring it up because girls may not think about it till commercial. ;)

That was nice of you to try to be helpful though. :) If it's MFC you're talking about, I'd try to give the model a friendly warning about something like that via tip note (that only she can read) or a PM, so that I'm not bringing it to the attention of other members who may not have even noticed. But again, if she's a model who's cool with just revealing her state, the radio station may not even be an issue. It's when you start telling people the names of local places where you work, where you'll be today, etc. that it could become a problem.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JerryBoBerry said:
Keep in mind you can stream most every radio station over the internet now. Either through several webpages like Tunein or apps like Xiaa (and tunein again) or directly from the stations webpage.

So just listening to a radio station doesn't really give anyone a clue. I tend to listen to 105.7 Kingston's K-Rock a lot but I'm nowhere near Canada.

It could actually be useful as a red herring. Say on your profile that you live in some far away city, and then stream the local radio station from there.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
rexcode said:
JerryBoBerry said:

It could actually be useful as a red herring. Say on your profile that you live in some far away city, and then stream the local radio station from there.

I always wonder if models conduct elaborate ruses like this. It might be hard to maintain.

omg, cam models are like superheroes, with secret identities and stuff!

Attachments

• mind-blown.jpg
    mind-blown.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 192
I would also like to add that Ancestry.com is an awesome resource for finding out all sorts of stuff like mother's maiden name, current addresses, phone numbers... but the subscription is a little bit pricey though.

yossarian said:
rexcode said:

I always wonder if models conduct elaborate ruses like this. It might be hard to maintain.
Now you have me wondering if all of those "European" models are actually living in my neighborhood. :shock:

Reactions: LadyLuna
Protip for models: if you're going to do the ruse thing and list a state that you don't actually live in, make it a state that has the same timezone, or only one hour difference. Why?

1. when you say what time you'll be on, you won't slip up
2. when the sun peaks through your window, rising and setting won't give you away

LadyLuna said:
Protip for models: if you're going to do the ruse thing and list a state that you don't actually live in, make it a state that has the same timezone, or only one hour difference. Why?

1. when you say what time you'll be on, you won't slip up
2. when the sun peaks through your window, rising and setting won't give you away
Which is another point I think was already mentioned, but I recently saw a model do it again. Don't be on cam from right outside your home or in your neighborhood, especially if your town is known.

If your town is known by either having it on your profile, wishlist or even just you mentioning it, that is all the head start that is needed if you show outside your home. From a single screen shot taken outside on a sunny day someone can look at shadows and tell which way you are facing (this gives north south orientation of your house and entire neighborhood). They can look at every landmark. Trees, sidewalks, street lights, house roofs, color of shingles, style of neighborhood, electric lines, EVERYTHING. From the major landmarks and type of neighborhood also the orientation of the housing they can quickly narrow it down from a wide angle view of the city. The areas that look promising they can zoom in and use the detailed information. Using a standard grid layout on a google map of a known city it would only take 15 to 30 minutes to find your house. And don't think camming from a fenced in backyard helps. The style of fencing, orientation through shadows, pool shape, location of outside air conditioner units...it all shows up on google maps and your yard is unique. Someone really wanting to know where you're at will think nothing of taking that little time to do it.

If your at all worried about security just don't show anything outside that is even near your house.

Edit: and don't tweet a picture either!

JerryBoBerry said:
emily420 said:

My lesson learned about location-specific announcements on the radio/webcast is to not publicly freak out if the radio/webcast/whatever mentions her location and listen to any streaming service for a while before using it for cam room music.

I was in a room where the model thought she was safe from location-specific advertisements (using a streaming service like Pandora or Jelli), when the broadcast played an advertisement for a local car dealership. "Come on down to Super Auto Center - Springfield's largest auto dealership!!!" Apparently the web service uses IP location information for targeted ads.

The model made it worse, though, by freaking out, "OMG! Why did they just say my town's name? I thought that wouldn't happen with streaming!"

If she hadn't said anything, I don't think anyone would have noticed.

:twocents-02cents:

spikyhaired said:
My lesson learned about location-specific announcements on the radio/webcast is to not publicly freak out if the radio/webcast/whatever mentions her location and listen to any streaming service for a while before using it for cam room music.

I was in a room where the model thought she was safe from location-specific advertisements (using a streaming service like Pandora or Jelli), when the broadcast played an advertisement for a local car dealership. "Come on down to Super Auto Center - Springfield's largest auto dealership!!!" Apparently the web service uses IP location information for targeted ads.

The model made it worse, though, by freaking out, "OMG! Why did they just say my town's name? I thought that wouldn't happen with streaming!"

If she hadn't said anything, I don't think anyone would have noticed.

:twocents-02cents:

From my understanding, Pandora does advertisements based on the zip code that your have entered on your profile, not your IP address. When I moved to my current state, I was still getting advertisements from my previous location. Now that I'm camming, I use a fake zip code. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.