AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MemberEd said:
vlad.mazare said:
What I dont understand, it actually makes me wanna slam my head into my keyboard. Is what many of the girls from Romania do to "protect their privacy". They will claim to be living in Spain and be Spanish but playing a Romanian radio station. Anyone that hasn't heard Romanian probably has heard Spanish and would easily know this isn't Spanish and be curios of where she actually is. One model even still claimed to be Spanish even though on her wish list it gave the name of the studio(not even just a manager's name) and the city in romania where it was located. If a studio wants people to think its models are in Spain they should tell them to play Spanish Radio Stations and use a mail forwarding address in spain.

Another thing is the webcam models living there and working out of their own place not studio,but claiming to be in the United States. Not only can someone easily tell that the apartment is European and not American,they don't even use a vpn to attempt to appear to be from America if someone blocked North American Models. If your not going to make your apartment look american and use a vpn to appear to be logged in from America what is the point of telling people you live in America.

Another thing that is counter productive to privacy that webcam studios do is sometimes put a watermark of their name on a models photo or have a banner in the room telling the name of the studio.

I would not put much stock in where any model said they are, on MFC. The only honest answer most would be willing to give is "None of your business". I for one get a kick out of some of the places they make up.

I dont care if a model is lying about where she lives, but at least put a little effort into it.

I don't think VPNs work on MFC for a girl to trick the site into thinking she lives somewhere else. I remember reading about an American model who was visiting a weird foreign country for an extended period of time. She was getting close to no traffic because most guys block oddball countries since they prefer English speaking girls that they can easily communicate with. She tried to use a VPN to trick MFC, but for some reason it still registered her as being from the same foreign country.

She must have not been using the VPN correctly, because if she was using it right it would have picked her up as being wherever the u.s. server was. I really do not understand why so many members block Europe, imho its easier to understand what a romanian webcam model is saying then it is to understand what an American webcam model is saying. Thats why I have all regions but Europe blocked.

Reactions: Pandora1066
RoseCavilla said:
I don't think VPNs work on MFC for a girl to trick the site into thinking she lives somewhere else. I remember reading about an American model who was visiting a weird foreign country for an extended period of time. She was getting close to no traffic because most guys block oddball countries since they prefer English speaking girls that they can easily communicate with. She tried to use a VPN to trick MFC, but for some reason it still registered her as being from the same foreign country.

We actually JUST checked this out in LilyMarie's room tonight. She was showing up in USA when the homepage was filtered to only show North America. Seems to work. And I know on my VPN when I'm connected to servers in other countries google comes up asking me if I want to switch to that countries local google results, Steam (gaming software) shows that countries currency for all the games as do other commercial sites.

She may have just been connected to the server that offered her the best ping response. In which case that may have not been one located in the USA and instead one in her own country or a neighboring country. Some VPN companies have different ways of connecting to the various servers so she may not have noticed this. On mine the software they offer has an easy 'right-click' option to see the whole list of servers all throughout the world. Very easy to connect to any country.

Reactions: JordanBlack
vlad.mazare said:
Not only can someone easily tell that the apartment is European and not American (...)
If your not going to make your apartment look american (...)
Please elaborate on what makes an appartment look European vs. what makes it look American. I'm really interested. :)

RoseCavilla said:
Oh, they do work. ;)
However, you have to be logged in on MFC with your VPN for quite some time (not broadcasting) before it picks up that you're 'in America' now. If I don't use my VPN for a while because I don't go on MFC, I have to remember to switch it back on later before I visit the site again. In fact, I make sure my VPN is on before I even go check my MFC mails, so that it doesn't go back to picking up my German IP address.
Or maybe the model you're talking about was just using a crappy VPN ^^
By the way I don't think it's very appropriate to call a country 'oddball' and 'weird'. Also... I have no idea what country this particular model was from, but remember there are good and fluent English speakers all over the world. You don't have to be from the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia or New Zealand to be able to communicate well with others in English. You might want to think about that again.
:twocents-02cents:

ETA: With the exception of the UK, you can only block whole (sub)continents on MFC.. correct me if I'm wrong

edit 2: I'm realizing how off-topic all of this is. Sorry, don't spank me, Amber. Or do, I don't care

Easiest way to tell if an apartment is in Europe and not the United States like the model claims.

1. It does not have a carpet floor, In the United States carpet is in almost every single apartment nowdays
2. They have an ikea wardoobe.
3. The design of the kitchen
4. The types of curtains over the windows
5. The bathroom if they do a shower show.

If spend enough time looking for apartments in both the U.S. and Romania because your not sure where you want to move to, you can pretty much tell the second your in the model's room if She is from USA or Europe. And then what country she is from the music she is playing.

When it comes to music the only songs I hear on local radio here that are from Romania are Mr. Saxobeat and Stereo Love,even most DJ's only have Hot,Mr Saxobeat and Stereo Love(at least in my area). Also looking at both the top 100 songs downloaded from the itunes US and US top 40 there are currently no songs from Romania. Chances are if the radio is playing a deepside deejays song and then a Anda Adam song its not a U.S. radio station.

You could possible trick people fro longer by using a VPN to appear to MFC servers as being located in the United States,claim to be in a city where the non carpet fllooring is more common,and where their is an ikea store. And then play a U.S. Radio Station from that city. And make sure to not show parts of your apartment that would give you away.

LilyMarie said:
Also... I have no idea what country this particular model was from, but remember there are good and fluent English speakers all over the world. You don't have to be from the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia or New Zealand to be able to communicate well with others in English. You might want to think about that again.
:twocents-02cents:
It's funny, both you and EvePhoenix speak better English than most of the American visitors that come into your rooms.
I still laugh when Eve corrects the grammar of the trolls in her room.

LilyMarie said:
edit 2: I'm realizing how off-topic all of this is. Sorry, don't spank me, Amber. Or do, I don't care
If that should happen please remember to record it [in HD]. That would be a nice video to purchase.

vlad.mazare said:
Easiest way to tell if an apartment is in Europe and not the United States like the model claims.

1. It does not have a carpet floor, In the United States carpet is in almost every single apartment nowdays

If spend enough time looking for apartments in both the U.S. and Romania because your not sure where you want to move to, you can pretty much tell the second your in the model's room if She is from USA or Europe. And then what country she is from the music she is playing.

When it comes to music the only songs I hear on local radio here that are from Romania are Mr. Saxobeat and Stereo Love,even most DJ's only have Hot,Mr Saxobeat and Stereo Love(at least in my area). Also looking at both the top 100 songs downloaded from the itunes US and US top 40 there are currently no songs from Romania. Chances are if the radio is playing a deepside deejays song and then a Anda Adam song its not a U.S. radio station.

You could possible trick people fro longer by using a VPN to appear to MFC servers as being located in the United States,claim to be in a city where the non carpet fllooring is more common,and where their is an ikea store. And then play a U.S. Radio Station from that city. And make sure to not show parts of your apartment that would give you away.

You forgot a big one. Electrical sockets. I agree with most of your observations but there are many IKEA's in the US now and hard wood floors are also quite popular here.

vlad.mazare said:

Speaking of playing Phillip Marlowe, I'm curious...where are you from? Going by your use of the language, I'm pretty sure English isn't your first language.

AnitaTipp said:
I really don't have a reason to worry about stalkers I don't think. I've lived here for long enough and no one has stalked me, or maybe they have but its so easy to find someone out here that it didn't take much work, lol, but they didn't to intend harm and I honestly think no one that lives here would or they would have already. I also have a military boyfriend with training to fuck someone up that tried anything and about 10 island guys on speed dial that would get here immediately if I needed them, and these are some big boys, lol.

So your boyfriend is willing to commit several crimes, instead of you just calling the police?

And btw Military training isn't that impressive, anyone with the dedication and crazy enough can have self train better then what a professional military trains its people.

Reactions: Anarah and Aella
vlad.mazare said:
AnitaTipp said:
I really don't have a reason to worry about stalkers I don't think. I've lived here for long enough and no one has stalked me, or maybe they have but its so easy to find someone out here that it didn't take much work, lol, but they didn't to intend harm and I honestly think no one that lives here would or they would have already. I also have a military boyfriend with training to fuck someone up that tried anything and about 10 island guys on speed dial that would get here immediately if I needed them, and these are some big boys, lol.

So your boyfriend is willing to commit several crimes, instead of you just calling the police?

And btw Military training isn't that impressive, anyone with the dedication and crazy enough can have self train better then what a professional military trains its people.
:roll: for so many reasons.

Vlad you really love derailing threads.

vlad.mazare said:

Yeah. I honestly wish you'd go up to a marine and tell him that. I'd like to see how many pieces of you he leaves behind.

JerryBoBerry said:
vlad.mazare said:

Yeah. I honestly wish you'd go up to a marine and tell him that. I'd like to see how many pieces of you he leaves behind.

well here is a subject i know from both sides of the story. never served, but more than half of my family has. plus several of my fellow students at the dojo had. and i took a CQB course or two over the years.
first off military CQB varies from branch to branch, and yes the marines have the meanest version. that being said the basics are still there in all branches. hell even the navy gives basic hand to hand training. the difference between those types of H2H training and "regular" martial arts is the arts part. you train in most styles and you learn more theory and background stuff so that you get to the higher levels with a deep understanding of why you do what you do. the military basically just teaches you to defend and hurt as quickly and efficiently as possible.

the secondary difference is lethality. most martial arts (in the western world, and assuming they arent sport based forms) are based in the premise of self defense for legal reasons, so until you spend a lot of time with your sensei and earn some trust you learn the less lethal and injurious techniques. the principle of getting away from the assailant by immobilizing, injuring or delaying them then getting the hell out of dodge is where the majority of schools work from.
the military comes from the mindset that if you have to use H2H combat you are either unarmed or out of ammo, so it tends to start with the stuff that maims and kills and then the stuff that immobilizes for capture (though i hear that is changing for troops in police actions)

so yes, a civilian can train to the type of fighting that a soldier does. but no, military CQB is no mamby pamby joke at all. having sparred with civilians and ex military guys (and a few gals) i can promise you that the training they get also includes the will to conquer their foe pretty damn completely. even one of those fellas that was way way less trained in the arts i was learning fought hard and with focus, and that you dont get in most civilians ever.

disclaimer: i spoke in generalities to keep it short so 100% accuracy of detail isnt there, but it sums it up well enough.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JerryBoBerry said:
vlad.mazare said:

There was a marine here killed, because he thought he could take on someone since he was a marine. The best thing to do is to not attack a stalker, its to call the police and have them deal with the person.

But the police won't "deal with the person" until you're actually attacked. Please stop posting misleading information. This thread is supposed to help people protect themselves from stalkers. Stop over analyzing everyone's posts looking for irrelevant arguments, Anavictoria's post did not call for your response. It was hypothetical!

Why do so many studios "allow" their models to possibly be stalked? If I was running a studio I'd block all non Romanian ip's from viewing the site,as well as not putting the name of studio on watermark or in the wish list. I'd also have a second place just for meeting potetional models, that would be an entire differently sector of the city,that I would have on the website.

If a crazy stalker has money and willing to hire a someone there he or she can find out where any studio model lives.

RoseCavilla said:
:think: WTF is Romania being brought up? And if you block everyone who isn't Romanian you'll have zero quality traffic... And where did studios come from??

Dude... I've never tried the weed you're smoking but where do I get some? That shit must be good.

because many studios there are not doing enough to protect the privacy of their models.

I'm talking about the webcam studio website, not a website that is designed to make money from ads and is for general public.

I guess overall I want to make a couple general points:

1. If someone breaks into your house and is an immediate threat to you or your family, you have every right to defend yourself whether it be from kick to the groin, a pan, a katana, or a 12-Gauge shotgun. As long as you don't blast away at them long after they are no longer a threat, then you are cleared via self defense.

2. I have no idea what vlad is on about, so I think it is best to ignore him at this point.

3. I have also found a new tool revolving around skype to stalk people, that scarily works quite effectively. I tested it out, and was quite surprised with the results. Before, I said that a person really just needs to message you on skype to be able to get your IP. But now I have discovered and tested that all they need is your skype name.

I tested this with my GF (StephyyKitteh), a close friend, myself, and a couple random internet friends. Now I knew all of their locations at the time, so I know that it is accurate. None of them used VPNs though.

I entered their name and was able to track them down to the city they lived in, their IP address, their ISP, and several other details.

Just a heads up.

bawksy said:
Birthdays, part 2
I just discovered today that if you use the non-Javascript version of someone's MFC Profile page, it shows a full date of birth instead of just an age. So if a model was silly enough to use her real birth date when filling out her MFC profile, you can see it here. Check it out here, changing "AmberCutie" to any other model name:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/online_models_splash.php?model_detail=AmberCutie

As of yesterday or today this is now fixed, if you go to the url above you'll just see age, like with the regular profile.

:clap:

Reactions: jamjars
Badger said:
Hey guys/gals,

I am StephyyKitteh's boyfriend (she can feel free to confirm this :D), and I was told to post some bits of information I told her about in another thread. I am actually heavily involved in HackForums, and am a trusted user there. I have quite an extensive knowledge when it comes to these sort of things.

When it comes to using Skype, I get that girls like to use it. But there are tools that allow a person to get your IP through skype. You don't have to click on a link, download a picture. You really only have to be in a chat with a person, and if they have this tool they can get your IP address. (I was told to leave out specific names to prevent this from spreading). Once they have that, they can do whatever they want with it. They can throw it into a site like this: http://www.ip-tracker.org/ and get a pretty darn good idea of where you live. Not to mention they can essentially shut off your internet at will, whenever they want, for as long as they want. This is illegal, and is known as a DDoS or DoS attack (Distributed Denial Of Service, Denial Of Service). (Again I was told to not give the names of said tool).

I don't want to say "Stay away from skype", but you never know who has access to these tools, and who would be willing to use them.

Just wanted to join in on this Skype discussion, as in my opinion many of the "dangers" seem to me are greatly overstated.

To start with IP's, even with the ip trackers on the internet can only guess your location to the city (for me http://www.ip-tracker.org is normally correct, but places me half way across the country every few months). So if your concerned about your city being known (if your in a small city try ip-tracker.org and see how accurate it is, it will probably say a city near you), use a proxy on skype (Google is your friend "setup skype proxy").

If your more concerned about the "...essentially shut off your internet at will..." portion, this is highly unlikely to happen (and there is usually an easy remedy). First as Badger noted it is illegal, in fact a person committing a DoS attack can mean a long prison sentence. As for the "...as long as they want" portion this is where the remedy comes in. Unplugging your modem for 5 - 10 minutes (Each ISP might vary, this is for mine), will force my IP to change...thus internet restored. The other option is phoning your ISP...this could get the offender in a lot of trouble while fixing your internet.

In all honesty if someone knew your rough location (within a few cities), they could probably cycle through all the IP addresses and DOS then to discover your IP (by watching your video)...the fact is it is so improbable of happening.

Now to contribute to the topic (repeats but a summary of what I know)
1) For models who drive around in cars...make sure no one can read the street signs
2) Don't trust anyone no matter how well you have gotten to know them with your full name/personal details....all it can take is one falling out
3) While first names aren't too harmful they could be, with a first name and birthday one can look through the records for matching then try looking up the matches on facebook
4) Like many have said watch out for amazon, use things like P.O. boxes (maybe in the town over)
5) If you are really concerned about your city location, then don't skype (although I doubt many guys would be looking for that, afterall paying for skype usually means you want something else)
6) Images from iPhones not having GPS removed (this is less likely now, as privacy seems to have been stepped up)
7) When showing out the window, make sure the street signs and neighbours addresses don't show

I'm not sure if this was brought up here (since 9 pages is a lot to read just to see if this tiny thing was pointed out).

Don't use your public personal Facebook images (profile images, timeline banner, etc) on your MyFreeCams profile. Doing a reverse Image Search on Google will likely bring up your Facebook profile.

I think anyone who demands personal information from a model should be required to give:

1. His full name and address
2. His social security number
3. His credit card info
4. The names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of his parents, his boss, his wife/girlfriend (if any), and two or three co-workers, so the model may contact them as references: "Hi, I'm a Naked Girl from the Internet. So-and-So wants my personal information. Is he cool?"

All this should be posted in public, in the model's chat. If he isn't willing to do this, then he shouldn't ask it of her. If he IS willing to do this, he's probably a psycho and should be banned immediately.

Due to programs such as picasa and websites that have pics of clubs and stuff, its somewhat easy to be tracked if you dont put in precautions to make yourself invisible to picasa's face recognition feature.

This video talks about facial recognition I put it where the f*cking it up part starts so you can learn how to defeat it and remain anonymous to stalkers.
http://youtu.be/q4CrD_zfP08?t=19m34s

raluca89 said:
Due to programs such as picasa and websites that have pics of clubs and stuff, its somewhat easy to be tracked if you dont put in precautions to make yourself invisible to picasa's face recognition feature.

This video talks about facial recognition I put it where the f*cking it up part starts so you can learn how to defeat it and remain anonymous to stalkers.
http://youtu.be/q4CrD_zfP08?t=19m34s
Guy makes yet ANOTHER account, swears he was just joking about stalking and tracking models. Swears the other guy who got banned wasn't him. Begs to be allowed to stay because he has changed. Then in just 4 posts is back in the stalking thread. Really? I mean seriously, WTF REALLY??? Some people just have no clue in life. :roll:

Dude, when you're reading this on your next account, give it up. This isn't the only forum on the internet. Better yet, put the mouse down and go read a book.

JerryBoBerry said:
Guy makes yet ANOTHER account, swears he was just joking about stalking and tracking models. Swears the other guy who got banned wasn't him. Begs to be allowed to stay because he has changed. Then in just 4 posts is back in the stalking thread. Really? I mean seriously, WTF REALLY??? Some people just have no clue in life. :roll:

Dude, when you're reading this on your next account, give it up. This isn't the only forum on the internet. Better yet, put the mouse down and go read a book.

And I swear, that dude would check the forum even more often than me (the 'users browsing this forum' thing at the bottom of the page). LOL.

Reactions: LilyMarie
So what should I do if I found out the facebook account of a model? (and below her posts there is written "posted from areawheremodellives" )
I looked for it just for curiosity and I'd like to tell her about it without getting her mad at me or get me banned.

Any suggestions?

alicem88 said:
So what should I do if I found out the facebook account of a model? (and below her posts there is written "posted from areawheremodellives" )
I looked for it just for curiosity and I'd like to tell her about it without getting her mad at me or get me banned.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you go fuck yourself, because no one else will if you go around acting like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.