AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRISM said:
So do you models that are more guarded and or paranoid keep up the same level of privacy protection for people you meet in the offline world as well?

How do you know that one of the guys that is in a bar,restaurant,cinema etc. is not a serial rapist that is going to different locations to find his next victim? Or someone you mention your name to in offline world is not a creepy stalker.
We live in a disgusting world filled with rape apologists and men who feel that harassment should be taken as a compliment. Instead of teaching men not to be creepy stalkers and rapists, women in general (not just cam models) are taught to protect themselves both online and offline. All of my female friends go out in groups and often times will bring a male with just in case. They carry pepper spray and tasers. When they go on a date they regularly check in with someone and make sure someone knows where they are at all times. I could go on for a while. They don't even think twice about doing any of these things, because it has just become second nature for them because that is just the world we live in now.

When I met someone from MFC for dinner as friends, she did her own quick background check on me. She had someone in the area just in case and took several other precautions despite trusting me enough to give out her real name and other information. I understood the risk she was taking and even though I knew I would never do anything to harm her, she didn't know that, and that's precisely why I was still very concerned for her safety.

Men are being raped at about the same rate as women are, but there is no mass hysteria by men when it comes to the thought of being raped as their is with women. I've known no guy that goes out in groups with other men,carries pepper spray and tazers as well to prevent a rape.

So if many men need to be taught that rape is wrong, then many women as well need to be taught that rape is wrong, along with unwanted harassment and sexual advancements.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /16007089/

"A total of 43% of high school boys and young college men reported they had an unwanted sexual experience and of those, 95% said a female acquaintance was the aggressor, according to a study published online in the APA journal Psychology of Men and Masculinity."

PRISM said:
So do you models that are more guarded and or paranoid keep up the same level of privacy protection for people you meet in the offline world as well?

How do you know that one of the guys that is in a bar,restaurant,cinema etc. is not a serial rapist that is going to different locations to find his next victim? Or someone you mention your name to in offline world is not a creepy stalker.

I carry a knife, give a fake name, and if someone asks for my phone number, it's 867-5309, which, for some reason, nobody realizes is me pulling one over on them.

PRISM said:

Oh, I wouldn't know. I've only ever been raped by my friends. Or babysitters. *shrug*

msmidori said:
PRISM said:

Oh, I wouldn't know. I've only ever been raped by my friends. Or babysitters. *shrug*

I have entire groups of friends that I've cut out of my life for trying, which leaves me with no friends, and highly on-guard against anyone who "wants to be friends". Women literally can trust nobody.

PRISM said:
Men are being raped at about the same rate as women are, but there is no mass hysteria by men when it comes to the thought of being raped as their is with women. I've known no guy that goes out in groups with other men,carries pepper spray and tazers as well to prevent a rape.

So if many men need to be taught that rape is wrong, then many women as well need to be taught that rape is wrong, along with unwanted harassment and sexual advancements.

"A total of 43% of high school boys and young college men reported they had an unwanted sexual experience and of those, 95% said a female acquaintance was the aggressor, according to a study published online in the APA journal Psychology of Men and Masculinity."

Oh, there you are straw-man, I've been looking all over for you! *phew* problem solved. :whistle:

lexi_love said:
Azhrarn said:
I told a cam girl I had known for a short while, "Hey, did you realize...?" And she immediately freaked the fuck out. It actually caused the first disruption in our friendship. Did she ever stop for one second to think, "Hey, any one of my regulars who've been in my room all these months could have figured this out, and probably did figure it out, and never told me?" No, of course not. Instead I became the bad guy for telling her something that was staring her right in the face.
I agree that she would be conflicted in how to treat someone who knows personal info about her. I cammed for like a week on a different (more amateur) site and had a guy who talked to me a lot save a photo of mine to his phone and message me to say it showed him where I live and to be careful and make sure I removed it from my profile. I had NO idea that my webcam was geotagged and stored my info in the photo because I was super new to this stuff. He brought that to light for me and I am forever grateful to him and remove all exif data now, I probably would never think about it if he hadn't said something. I didnt get mad at him. I knew he was helping me and felt weird about discovering this info about me. I would never be mad at a member for telling me if they discovered personal info of mine on accident and if it is something I need to remove from my profile I will do it pronto! Don't let 1 or 2 bad responses with a model deter you from doing the right thing. I thank that guy for opening my eyes to being more careful with my privacy and see this as a community to look out for one another. I would feel terrible for knowing a models real info somehow and not letting her know just because "she may dislike me for telling her". I have a member now who sends me links of every website my shows have been posted on and sure it can get annoying because you know it exists and dont want it in your face but I appreciate it because he is in my corner letting me be aware of whats happening. :twocents-02cents:
My feeling, at this time, is that every situation has to be evaluated independently, depending upon the importance of the information, one's relationship with the cam girl, and most importantly, the maturity level of the cam girl. With someone who has your type of attitude, I think most members would feel comfortable sharing just about any type of security-related information. However, my brief time on these forums is leading me to think that your maturity level is the exception rather than the rule.

PRISM said:

So your opinion is based on information from an article written by a man, who is clearly against feminism, with facts from a journal titled Psychology of Men and Masculinity? I'm sure there's absolutely no bias or agenda being pushed there...

msmidori said:
PRISM said:

Oh, there you are straw-man, I've been looking all over for you! *phew* problem solved. :whistle:

Whats wrong with pointing out that many people from both genders are victims of crimes?

ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

So your opinion is based on information from an article written by a man, who is clearly against feminism, with facts from a journal titled Psychology of Men and Masculinity? I'm sure there's absolutely no bias or agenda being pushed there...

And while the stats I'm familiar with indicate that 1 in 3 teens is experiencing dating abuse, and that half of the victims are male...and that males are also victims of sexual coercion and rape by others (of any gender)....and that 1 in 4 children will be sexually assaulted before age 18....
those are all issues that are different, albeit related, from what we were trying to express about our experiences as females, particularly females who do sex work (or are even perceived to do so).

Do males get sexually harassed? Certainly. Do cis/het (http://bit.ly/16O8um0) males get slut-shamed (http://www.unslutproject.com/)? Not nearly on the level that cis-females do.

But I am done here. There is aplenty of information at your fingertips if you are genuinely interested, and obviously the experiences and knowledge of all the models here who are willing to share. Enjoy.

PRISM said:
Whats wrong with pointing out that many people from both genders are victims of crimes?

Attachments

• BlackLivesMatter-AllLivesMatter.jpg
    BlackLivesMatter-AllLivesMatter.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 294
msmidori said:
Umm...do you guys even realize how many of the models have not only had personal or family experience with DV/SA/Abuse, but also have worked in the field? And that's just the female models! The spectrum of predatory and abusive behavior is huge, but it's not always obvious (even if the effects are).

I hope the emotes I used to illustrate my post are useful and demonstrate professionalism.
I apologize, you are correct; I should have been more specific in my explanation.
What I meant by "useful and professional" was as a comedian. I hope that clears the matter up, as I put a lot of thought into looking for the right emotes and quote graphics.

Thank you so much for your patience and consideration, and I again apologize for any inconvenience I presented in your continuing journey to ignoring the lived experiences of the models you have come to chat with.
You've shared no such "lived experiences," nor have you even attempted to chat. But thank you for making me aware that an overwhelming compulsion to troll others on online forums is apparently a symptom of Domestic Violence(?)/Sexual Abuse(?)/Abuse (???). I will take that as explanation for the continual and inane trolling that seems to pass for discourse here. I would have to assume however, that you yourself do not work in these fields, as you would seem to lack the requisite personal characteristics.

P.S. If you have to explain you're doing comedy, you fail as a comedian.

Reactions: PRISM
So how many models have actually been stalked to justify the extreme guarding that seems to be promoted here over just some basic privacy actions?

PRISM said:
So how many models have actually been stalked to justify the extreme guarding that seems to be promoted here over just some basic privacy actions?
The notion that a model needs any sort of justification to protect her privacy is completely fucked up. How many times it has happened in the past is irrelevant because the fact that it has happened at all is enough reason to cause concern. The whole point of protecting your identity is to prevent stalking and harassment from ever happening in the first place, because once it has happened the damage has been done.

I don't go through all the trouble of preventing identity theft because it has happened to me in the past, I do it because I don't want to deal with it in the future.

ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:
The notion that a model needs any sort of justification to protect her privacy is completely fucked up. How many times it has happened in the past is irrelevant because the fact that it has happened at all is enough reason to cause concern. The whole point of protecting your identity is to prevent stalking and harassment from ever happening in the first place, because once it has happened the damage has been done.

I don't go through all the trouble of preventing identity theft because it has happened to me in the past, I do it because I don't want to deal with it in the future.

There is a difference between using some basic common sense privacy and acting close to a what a drug dealer that is hiding from the feds needs for privacy, one is way overboard for privacy and could easily lead someone to a mental breakdown.

PRISM said:

Regarding stalking I cannot say, though I have heard it has happened. I do know that a former MFC model was doing a date raffle, but cancelled it after receiving rape threats from two guys who were entered. Seriously, wtf.

PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

There is a difference between using some basic common sense privacy and acting close to a what a drug dealer that is hiding from the feds needs for privacy, one is way overboard for privacy and could easily lead someone to a mental breakdown.
Who put you in charge of deciding how much privacy a person needs? When it's not your safety in question you have no right to tell someone else what they should be doing.

There is really no need to get so angry about it. I've been on other forums and when it comes to privacy they have sometimes even gone further than what some of the models and members on here suggested and they were in careers that attract far less attention than being a video chat model.

Get enough models overly paranoid and this or something very similar will be in the news one day

"Former Myfreecams Model admitted to psychiatric hospital after shooting and killing her new mail delivery person, after believing he was a stalker from the website".

ThePioneer said:
Who put you in charge of deciding how much privacy a person needs? When it's not your safety in question you have no right to tell someone else what they should be doing.

PRISM said:
There is really no need to get so angry about it. I've been on other forums and when it comes to privacy they have sometimes even gone further than what some of the models and members on here suggested and they were in careers that attract far less attention than being a video chat model.

I didn't get an anger overtone. More of a realistic question. But I could be wrong. See, this is why we all should be using more smilies and such. If he'd have just used :angry4: we'd know if he was angry.

;) <--That's me being sarcastic.

I'm in a feisty mood today, does it show in my posts?

JerryBoBerry said:
ThePioneer said:

PRISM said:

I didn't get an anger overtone. More of a realistic question. But I could be wrong. See, this is why we all should be using more smilies and such. If he'd have just used :angry4: we'd know if he was angry.

;) <--That's me being sarcastic.

I'm in a feisty mood today, does it show in my posts?
Does this clear things up? :-D

Attachments

• LOL-Cat-is-Happy.jpg
    LOL-Cat-is-Happy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 202
Azhrarn said:
msmidori said:
Umm...do you guys even realize how many of the models have not only had personal or family experience with DV/SA/Abuse, but also have worked in the field? And that's just the female models! The spectrum of predatory and abusive behavior is huge, but it's not always obvious (even if the effects are).

I hope the emotes I used to illustrate my post are useful and demonstrate professionalism.
I apologize, you are correct; I should have been more specific in my explanation.
What I meant by "useful and professional" was as a comedian. I hope that clears the matter up, as I put a lot of thought into looking for the right emotes and quote graphics.

Thank you so much for your patience and consideration, and I again apologize for any inconvenience I presented in your continuing journey to ignoring the lived experiences of the models you have come to chat with.
You've shared no such "lived experiences," nor have you even attempted to chat. But thank you for making me aware that an overwhelming compulsion to troll others on online forums is apparently a symptom of Domestic Violence(?)/Sexual Abuse(?)/Abuse (???). I will take that as explanation for the continual and inane trolling that seems to pass for discourse here. I would have to assume however, that you yourself do not work in these fields, as you would seem to lack the requisite personal characteristics.

P.S. If you have to explain you're doing comedy, you fail as a comedian.

Oh heavens no, I don't have the patience or tact for social work at all. I got my degree in Floral Management and now manage "the nice McDonalds" where I live. My "flowers" (staff) don't think I'm very funny, either. It's why I haven't quit my dayjob. :p

Firearms are the best way to deter stalkers without needing to go overboard with making sure every single detail posted or said verbally on every site doesn't lead bread crumbs for the creeps to find.

MsMaryKate said:
One of the main reasons I consistently speak about my vast collection and knowledge of guns....my concealed carry...and my dad who kills people for a living.

This reminds me, I should post some pics of me posing with my kukri on Tumblr....

Reactions: WickedTouch
PRISM said:

You do understand that there are people out in the world that think wearing a short skirt is an invitation for sex, right?

So, a "video chat host" who interacts with members involving masturbation, sex acts, etc., might feel the need to justifiably protect themselves from the potential crazies out there that may believe that interaction means they can "surprise" you by showing up at your home unannounced with a dozen roses and the expectation of taking what they were doing "on cam" to the next level.

Think about the dynamic. What is done between the model and member is intimate. Sometimes this intimacy can get blurred. Especially when there is money involved. "You owe me" "You said I was sexy" "I have been spending every day in your chatroom for three years, I thought we were close".

And yes, there are plenty of cam models that this has happened to. Why should we wait to be victims to protect ourselves from the potential danger? It isn't paranoia. It is reality.

ETA: And oh yeah, then there are assholes who think it is fun to get your personal information and "out" you, because they suck. There are a lot of misogynists on camsites. They LOVE to hate women. While they stroke their cocks.

I am going to post this here, as to not derail the wiki thread more than it has been...

PRISM said:
Camgirl said:
PRISM said:
So creepy/creep is really the ACF version of trolling/trolls? Where anyone that doesn't hold the same exact point of views is labeled that until they are changed to conform to how everyone else thinks?

The fact that both men and women are raped at the same rate, yet much more women are worried about being raped everytime they walk outside, just shows that the media has promoted a mass hysteria in women.

And I wasn't referring to not giving out real email+name+address as being extreme, but the whole encryption,vpn,playing radio stations from another state etc, even being worried about people knowing the time zone your located in as being what is somewhat extreme.

What experience do you have as a sex worker that the lengths we go to to protect ourselves are extreme? You are all over this forum asking questions to gain knowledge, so you say....so clearly you are not informed. What is your basis for saying it is extreme?

Being so worried about privacy that if someone finds out even the time zone that you live in you panic is extreme.

In this thread, I gave you a logical explanation as to why some sex workers take additional precautions to protect their anonymity. After all, you are asking cam models why, and we are telling you.

Just curious what your logical reasoning is for telling models that their behavior is extreme? You just keep saying it is......

Is it because you feel they have nothing to worry about? Is it because you feel these stalker situations don't happen?

As long as we're asking PRISM questions...

@PRISM - Do you find it hypocritical that in one thread you're asking for advice on hiding your own personal information from a prospective employer by setting up a dummy corp in the seychelles (https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=20155) while simultaneously berating others for whatever standards they may choose to have in their own privacy with their clients/fans?

edit: removed confusing quoting

ramblin said:
Camgirl said:
Just curious what your logical reasoning is for telling models that their behavior is extreme? You just keep saying it is......

Is it because you feel they have nothing to worry about? Is it because you feel these stalker situations don't happen?
As long as we're asking PRISM questions... Do you find it hypocritical that in one thread you're asking for advice on hiding your own personal information from a prospective employer (https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=20155) while simultaneously berating others for whatever standards they may choose to have in their own privacy with their clients/fans?

1. That was about taxes.
2. I'm not berating models, just don't want models to go insane from others hyping up fears.

PRISM said:
ramblin said:
Camgirl said:

As long as we're asking PRISM questions... Do you find it hypocritical that in one thread you're asking for advice on hiding your own personal information from a prospective employer (https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=20155) while simultaneously berating others for whatever standards they may choose to have in their own privacy with their clients/fans?

1. That was about taxes.
2. I'm not berating models, just don't want models to go insane from others hyping up fears.
Then why not leave it at something like "I understand you guys are in a particularly vulnerable job, but I worry about the pressure it puts on you. I hope you each find your own healthy balance between the need for privacy and a nice well-rounded life" ?

ramblin said:
PRISM said:
ramblin said:
Camgirl said:

1. That was about taxes.
Then why not leave it at something like "I understand you guys are in a particularly vulnerable job, but I worry about the pressure it puts on you. I hope you each find your own healthy balance between the need for privacy and a nice well-rounded life" ?

Oh he is full of shit. He has no logical basis for any of this. He just wishes models were more free with their info so he can come murder us.

BRB, I have to go get my gun, I just heard a noise. Someones gunna die. Plus, I am PMS'ig, so I am quite hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.