AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HUGE reduction in tippers/privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahaha, the most off putting thing about any girls room is where there is a "white knight or a regular obnoxiously answering questions on a girls behalf

I think people quite often underestimate what an effect that has, I'm not going to hang around and therefore not tip in a room where I don't feel welcome

sweetiebatman said:
ahahaha, the most off putting thing about any girls room is where there is a "white knight or a regular obnoxiously answering questions on a girls behalf

I think people quite often underestimate what an effect that has, I'm not going to hang around and therefore not tip in a room where I don't feel welcome
In all fairness, anyone who is asking simple questions (especially ones outlined in bold on a girl's profile) during a show where the model is "busy" should be happy to hear an answer from anyone at all. I can understand feeling unwelcome if the model doesn't answer you when she is just hanging out talking and can answer her own questions about what size her tits are, if she does privates, if she fists her asshole, etc. But if the model is busy, I'd say either don't ask until she's less occupied, or be satisfied with a regular giving you the answer.

Reactions: lurkylurk and Jessi
It can be kind of easy to guess these things too.
Does it say I DO PRIVATES FOR X TOKENS MINIMUM on her profile? Does it say I DONT TAKE PRIVATES?
Is she in the middle of a countdown? Is the countdown going by quickly or crawling along?
How busy/how many people are in the room? High room count= probably not a good time unless you want a long ass show.
Are you prepared to take her private for more than a few minutes? Taking her for too brief a time will make her lose her room count for very few tokens.

After you've checked these things, ask "Would you be okay with doing a private right now?" rather than "do you do privates". I think it would be received better.

AmberCutie said:
sweetiebatman said:

In all fairness, anyone who is asking simple questions (especially ones outlined in bold on a girl's profile) during a show where the model is "busy" should be happy to hear an answer from anyone at all. I can understand feeling unwelcome if the model doesn't answer you when she is just hanging out talking and can answer her own questions about what size her tits are, if she does privates, if she fists her asshole, etc. But if the model is busy, I'd say either don't ask until she's less occupied, or be satisfied with a regular giving you the answer.

Nono, I completly agree with the examples you show but its the way some of the regulars go about it, as if the person asking the question is stupid for not knowing the answer!

sweetiebatman said:
AmberCutie said:
sweetiebatman said:

Nono, I completly agree with the examples you show but its the way some of the regulars go about it, as if the person asking the question is stupid for not knowing the answer!
Ah yeah I understand. But you can't fault the model for that, right? She only has so much control over what her members do and say.

Indeed, although maybe a quiet word via PM if they are a regular and just erm, overenthusiastic :lol:

JoleneJolene said:
Aw you should still ask! fuck what the white knights say! I don't have anything about privates on my profile because I don't like to go with just anyone, and don't really have a menu of things I do. Somedays I'm in the mood for something that I'm not another day. But I'm almost ALWAYS open for privates the last hour or so of my show, just as an example. I wouldn't limit yourself by what it says on the profile. I actually only cum in privates and groups, I just don't like limiting myself too much with the menu.
If a girl is in the middle of a countdown often times she won't accept them but it's still worth asking. for all you know that countdown may not have moved in 30 minutes and you would be a welcome break.

It really is all a guessing game sometimes I suppose. I usually haven't a clue if you just recently got on or if it's your last hour most of the time. Unless I see something in your room topic about taking privates now, I would be too worried about being the thousandth guy to ask, "Would you be okay with a private now?" I totally understand why you wouldn't want to have in your profile that you do privates when you aren't always up for them!

Jessi said:
It can be kind of easy to guess these things too.
Does it say I DO PRIVATES FOR X TOKENS MINIMUM on her profile? Does it say I DONT TAKE PRIVATES?
Is she in the middle of a countdown? Is the countdown going by quickly or crawling along?
How busy/how many people are in the room? High room count= probably not a good time unless you want a long ass show.
Are you prepared to take her private for more than a few minutes? Taking her for too brief a time will make her lose her room count for very few tokens.

After you've checked these things, ask "Would you be okay with doing a private right now?" rather than "do you do privates". I think it would be received better.

Oh, absolutely! Like I said, I always check the profile first when visiting a new girl to look specifically for whether or not she does privates. And if I don't see anything about them I just assume she doesn't.

That's the thing about entering a room where I see a tip goal going and there are more than 100 people in the room. I'm usually up for a 30 minute private, which is 1,875 tokens. I understand that if she is popular or if it's a good tipping day, she can make way more than that in public, probably in less time. She could possibly be losing out on more tokens by spending all that time with me in private. So that's why I tend to stick with rooms where the girl seems to be just taking privates that day. Which makes me sad because I'm sure I'm missing out on some great potential privates with wonderful girls! But I want to be a gentlemen and not a nuisance, which is why I'm going to take your advice and start using "Would you be okay with doing a private right now?" from now on. :p

i have an idea.Give the models the choice whether or not the $20 premiums (or premiums with no tokens) can enter there room or not in such a way with respect to the hide points / hide tokens setting.The mimium private time i mentioned earlier in this thread also should check that against the token amount of the member requestion the private if he doesn't have enough tokens he should be refused (by the server not the model) so the model cannot be "trapped" by lieng members.... I mean it's easy to say "i have 1000 tokens" if you hide them and the model can't check.

Bocefish said:
Unless I'm mistaken, models still get a general idea of a prem's RPs regardless of whether or not they're hidden via a LOW/MED/HIGH rating. No?

No. I keep that turned off also. The only thing that says anything about my points is my font choice, because you have to have over 1000 points to use it.

Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Unless I'm mistaken, models still get a general idea of a prem's RPs regardless of whether or not they're hidden via a LOW/MED/HIGH rating. No?

No. I keep that turned off also. The only thing that says anything about my points is my font choice, because you have to have over 1000 points to use it.

I appreciate the input, but I'm fairly certain models still see a low/med/high RP rating for premiums even if we have our info hidden.

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:

I appreciate the input, but I'm fairly certain models still see a low/med/high RP rating for premiums even if we have our info hidden.

No they do not.

Attachments

• Capture_361.jpg
    Capture_361.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Capture_362.jpg
    Capture_362.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 196
Bocefish said:
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbleft: That must be a relatively new option because I don't recall ever seeing those selections when I set my privacy options.

When I first joined MFC I hid my points because I was embarrassed they were so low. Now I hide my points, because I want strangers to think they are low. The passage of time can change many things.

You probably joined before I did. People that just joined are probably going crazy trying to figure out how to rate their tips over 90 like their favorite model keeps asking, when it is no longer even possible. I still see models trying to get that done though.

Shaun is right. We only see the low, medium, high if the person is set up that way... so not often! :lol: Hidden is most common. I would just like it if MFC had a way to show the points or tokens ONLY when a private request has been placed unless the member want's them visible always. I know a lot of members wouldn't like this but it would show us that the member isn't lying, and the member wouldn't be prey to pm beggers since it only shows when the private request has been made.

Reactions: caireen
Bocefish said:
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbleft: That must be a relatively new option because I don't recall ever seeing those selections when I set my privacy options.
It's been like that since I started nearly 2.5 years ago. "Hidden" is what shows for a majority of members.

Reactions: SoTxBob
JoleneJolene said:
I would just like it if MFC had a way to show the points or tokens ONLY when a private request has been placed unless the member want's them visible always. I know a lot of members wouldn't like this but it would show us that the member isn't lying, and the member wouldn't be prey to pm beggers since it only shows when the private request has been made.

I would hate that, and would never take anyone except my best models friends who I trust private if they ever did it. I would much rather have the models be able to set a minimum time limit and have the member prepay that amount before going private. That way the model knows she will at least make X amount of tokens and I can keep my privacy.

MFC never even answers my mail about anything, but maybe if enough models asked for prepay privates and true privates the site would let us have them.

LadyLuna said:
GENTLEMEN: If you have a problem paying for freeloaders, don't tip for public shows. Take her private or group. She doesn't want to do private or group? Next model, or suck it up and pay for freeloaders.

Seriously, I had one guy wanted something, couldn't get a group started, didn't want to pay private price, and complained in PM that tipping me to do it in public would let others freeload. I said "Then take me private or deal with the freeloaders."

Exactly so... I have seen a guy sit and try to get a group started in a room and keep on trying for 3 hours... and still fail. Even when the girl said she would happily accept a short private show he still bitched about the cost. To one way of thinking group is often used by many as a cheap private option (buddied groups)... and too cheap perhaps.

Mfcwatchdog said:
Well,

Why not allow models to set the minimum required time for privates 5 , 10 , 15 minutes and any additional time is in models advantage. Offcource members must know this .... and i hide both points and tokens that is kind of private information allthough i can understand why a model would like to know that.

Yeah ..as I member I think minimum time limits would be ideal. Possibly also extend it it so that the member could not even select the private option unless he was already showing the minimum tokens required... or as Shaun suggested a "prepaid" private option could be included. Model could select such an option to allow a member to pay his 300, 600, 900 tokens or whatever upfront before the show. That would deter the one minute wonders and ensure a decent return for the girls.

IMO most members also forget that models can ascertain that if we have changed fonts and colours that we have accumulated a significant rewards points total and as a result are probably decent tippers.. its not rocket science to work out that one... so hiding the points totals is not really protecting your privacy I am afraid. To avoid the nagging PM's though... simply set your PM to "friends only" if they get too much. ;)

Lastly, before this gets too long... in regard to the use of those smaller token packages... has anyone thought that they may be used by kids to access the site? After all, hiding a few 5 and 10 dollar purchases on daddy's CC bill is easier than a $149.99 one. I could not fail to notice how many Dec '11 and Jan '12 basics signups there are on just now.... many of whom sound from their chat as though they are about 13 or 14! Just thinking aloud on that one...

:twocents-02cents:

Re the different private option... I think it'd be easy for MFC to not only make the pvt button unavailable to those without the minimum tokens but also, have the minimum time tokens taken as soon as you enter and then after the minimum time passes, the meter starts like normal. If the member leaves before the say 5 minute is up, the girl still makes her 300 minimum and avoids the one minute wonder 'peekers'. The downside is there will be a few that scam and dont do whats "expected" [for lack of better term]...

Reactions: WickedTouch
SoTxBob said:
Re the different private option... I think it'd be easy for MFC to not only make the pvt button unavailable to those without the minimum tokens but also, have the minimum time tokens taken as soon as you enter and then after the minimum time passes, the meter starts like normal. If the member leaves before the say 5 minute is up, the girl still makes her 300 minimum and avoids the one minute wonder 'peekers'. The downside is there will be a few that scam and dont do whats "expected" [for lack of better term]...

Indeed... it would leave that scam possibility open if the tokens are taken upfront, but for those genuine individuals it would allow them to escape from the annoyance of the 1 minute wonders. I am sure that those girls that try the scam option would very quickly find themselves listed as such and avoided though.

Reactions: 1 person
Shaun__ said:
MFC never even answers my mail about anything, but maybe if enough models asked for prepay privates and true privates the site would let us have them.

Sorry to hear that you have a hard time getting responses from MFC. :( When one of my favorite members ended up banned from my room (I didn't ban him), he e-mailed MFC, and they gave him free tokens for the inconvenience and the issue was fixed. When I got a 1,000+ token chargeback last year, they responded and told me that the member account was banned. I never got the money back though. But I digress.....

I would love to have pre-pay private and group shows. :thumbleft: No more "Lemme-bust-real-quick" inconsiderate jerks taking me private for 73 tokens. :naughty:

i'm not a fan of prepaid things since that could open the door for the scamming models but then again it would be a nice feature to have.You just gotta be carefull on which model you use it.

Shaun same here Mfc promises "platinium premiums" priority support but they don't even read our email.

I have my tokens hidden and my reward points set on the low/medium/high option. I was chatting with one of my model friends in PM yesterday and she was curious to know how many reward points I had because it showed me as "high reward points". I told her and she said it would help her ballpark RP for other members as well. She then asked how many RPs for a "low reward points" showing, and I told her at least 20. :mrgreen:

WickedTouch said:
LadyLuna said:
GENTLEMEN: If you have a problem paying for freeloaders, don't tip for public shows. Take her private or group. She doesn't want to do private or group? Next model, or suck it up and pay for freeloaders.

Seriously, I had one guy wanted something, couldn't get a group started, didn't want to pay private price, and complained in PM that tipping me to do it in public would let others freeload. I said "Then take me private or deal with the freeloaders."

Exactly so... I have seen a guy sit and try to get a group started in a room and keep on trying for 3 hours... and still fail. Even when the girl said she would happily accept a short private show he still bitched about the cost. To one way of thinking group is often used by many as a cheap private option (buddied groups)... and too cheap perhaps.

It's not always that the member is cheap, there are some models who never accept privates, some who never accept groups, and others who do not let members initiate group shows.

Mfcwatchdog said:
Well,

Why not allow models to set the minimum required time for privates 5 , 10 , 15 minutes and any additional time is in models advantage. Offcource members must know this .... and i hide both points and tokens that is kind of private information allthough i can understand why a model would like to know that.

WickedTouch said:
Yeah ..as I member I think minimum time limits would be ideal. Possibly also extend it it so that the member could not even select the private option unless he was already showing the minimum tokens required... or as Shaun suggested a "prepaid" private option could be included. Model could select such an option to allow a member to pay his 300, 600, 900 tokens or whatever upfront before the show. That would deter the one minute wonders and ensure a decent return for the girls.

:twocents-02cents:

There are some good ideas in this thread:
*minimum time for privates (that the model can set)
*pre-paid privates
*private button "greyed out" unless you have a certain amount of tokens
or maybe some sort of escrow feature, this could be used not just for privates, but for picture/video sales, etc.

Do models have a forum/venue to suggest changes to the MFC admins, or do their emails get ignored as well?

@ComicOzzie - for token amounts approximation Low = 1-199, medium = 200-899, high = 900+, I can only presume that Reward Points are scored the same way.

bud9752 said:
@ComicOzzie - for token amounts approximation Low = 1-199, medium = 200-899, high = 900+, I can only presume that Reward Points are scored the same way.
I don't know if RP would be in the same range for high/med/low.

I changed mine to approximations, but I did not really learn anything. We need volunteers with a wide range to test it. 20 to 1000 would probably be best if anyone wants to help out.

I'm probably walking into a shitstorm by posting in this thread, but here goes.

When I first joined MFC I was a regular joe blow tipper, dropping small tips and the occasional large tip afterwards. I tipped towards public shows, and participated in groups. It was afterwards that I couldn't help but regret my decision. What did I pay money for? After that realization I started hanging out in the Lounge much more often. Reading these threads on freeloaders has also pushed me further away from actually visiting models' rooms except for a select few where I know I'll be appreciated. I know each model obviously wants tips and to make money, but I contribute with my personality, sense of humour and camaraderie.

Another factor to consider is the comparison between MFC and other sites on the Internet. The Internet is LOADED with porntubes now, some of which include MFC content. One of the most popular and content-filled porn sites, Brazzers, charges $27.95 per month or you can buy a one year membership for $119.88 which works out to $9.99 a month. Before MFC's recently-introduced small token packages, the smallest token package was 200 tokens for $20. Comparing MFC to those previous two options, it's easy to see that MFC offers the least bang for the buck. Maybe if MFC gave more tokens, say 300-400 for $20 then maybe premiums would tip more? :think:

One of my favourite models (name withheld, but she doesn't post here) rarely gets fully naked in public, has never done a public cum show to my knowledge, doesn't care where she ranks in MissMyFreeCams, yet rakes in a lot of tokens in private and consistently finishes top 100. The best advice that I can give to models is to restrict your best work for group or private.

Reactions: SoTxBob
bud9752 said:

Yeah, my RP are waaaaay beyond the low threshold of the upper limit, so I have no idea if they correlate or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.