AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am a bigger girl, and I need love too.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2011
United States
I am a bigger girl and I get a lot of comments about my weight. I am not really that fat. I do admit that I could lose a few pounds. However, I am a very nice, polite person to the people who come in my room, that is unless they beg, or don't talk when I say hi to them. The ban hammer comes down when I get no response. I never ask for tips because I am not well established enough to do so. I do have a couple regulars, but not enough to pay the bills. I try not to be desperate like the free whores who break rules left and right. But how can I get guys to stay in my room without being a total whore??? You can come watch me on skinvideo.com and tell me what I do wrong.Thanks guys.
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MercyRain
http://www.skinvideo.com/cam/watch/1354601/Mercyrain

Is this a model advertisement, or a pity thread?

Attachments

• Cool_story_bro.jpg
    Cool_story_bro.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 377
When im on my premium account it pisses me off no end if I dont respond to a models hi and they boot me. Sometimes I just want to watch a while and not engage, sometimes I dont have my speakers on.

I see it in my own room, often members run a mile if I call them by name as they enter if I dont know them. Some of em are just not ready to commit to chatting yet, theyre just courting your room :)

Also, the reference to ''whores'' breaking rules in free chat isnt gonna win any friends really. Some of the models I respect the most and who work the hardest are the ones who break the rules. Its their choice. Plenty of super successful models also dont break the rules.

If you arent asking for tips then are you encouraging them in other ways? With games? A whiteboard? A raffle?

Okay so heres how I see it. Camming is a career, believe it or not. The product is you. Your the sells person. Market yourself to the crowd you want to market yourself to. If you dont want to do dirty things, dont do them. Your the boss in your room, you make your choices. Dont "whore yourself" out persay if your not comfortable doing it. Its really at the end of the day all about your personality. Thats it! The successful webcam models may do dirty things, some may not, but most of them have regulars who enjoy hanging out with that girl, not just watching that girl stick something up her vagina (although that is a benifit). If you can successfully market yourself and your personality and have confidence in yourself, it may treat you well, it may not, but if you cant do that, it defiantly won't do you well at all, and your wasting your time.

bawksy said:
Is this a model advertisement, or a pity thread?
I am not trying to gain pity. I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to get people to stay in my room. @Leigh_Rocks: I know girls have the choice to break rules. I also know that because they choose to do so, helps their money, camscore, and room count. I just need advice and I will call out a girl who chooses to break rules in public chat. I don't want to be friends with someone that doesn't value themselves. They don't have respect for themselves. I appreciate the advice. I have done raffles, oil shows, dancing,and tip this many tokens for me to be naked Etc.......
My rules consist of:
No public penetration.
No begging
If you are in the room, at least say hi.
If you plan on staying a while, please talk while doing so.... Etc......
I am not a rule breaker.
I do tease.

If you do anything slightly sexual and get paid for it, public chat or not, you're a whore too. Calling other people a whore when you're one yourself is only going to end up stabbing you in... erm, I mean, fisting your ass without lube.

begformercyxx said:
I don't want to be friends with someone that doesn't value themselves. They don't have respect for themselves.

Wither or not you think they respect themselves, you better not show any more disrespect for them. I'm not saying you -have- to respect them, but don't treat them like shit, or you'll just be another angry useless bitch with a camera. :h:

Talking shit about other models--with their name or their "type"--is going to hurt you :)

begformercyxx said:
I don't want to be friends with someone that doesn't value themselves. They don't have respect for themselves.

Most people would say that any girl who is a webcam model doesn't value themselves and has no respect for themselves. Every model approaches camming in their own way, there is no need to put anyone down.

I did not directly call anyone a whore. Again, I do not want to be friends with desperate girls. If that offends anyone, I am sorry. I have seen girls basically give it all away in public chat, just to not make any tokens at all. Also, as far as me getting fisted in the ass without lube, where I am now, is probably the worst it can get. It won't hurt me much more. I just choose not to stick anything up my ass or vajayjay in public chat. I only show flashes. The girls that do, make it harder for someone like me to make money or keep people in my room. That's all I was saying. Thanks for the assistance. I think I've heard enough.AKA cutthroating.....

You did too call them a whore directly. :)

Just because you didn't name one person didn't mean you didn't call anyone a whore, you just called a whole section of camwhores whores.

People aren't desperate just because they choose to cam differently than you choose.

I would say that due to your defeatist attitude and general dislike for the majority of girls who share your career, you're not going to be very successful...

Change the way you speak to possible coworkers and customers, get a positive outlook on your job, and get creative, otherwise, find a new job.

AmberCutie said:
I would say that due to your defeatist attitude and general dislike for the majority of girls who share your career, you're not going to be very successful...

Change the way you speak to possible coworkers and customers, get a positive outlook on your job, and get creative, otherwise, find a new job.
Ok I do have a positive outlook. I usually don't care if people tip, as long as they talk, and I do not have a general dislike for my coworkers. I just don't like girls who always break rules and get away with it. This is not really a career to me, because I have made friends with a few members, and one even followed me to another site. He made a membership. So maybe this isn't for me, because I care too much about the people who seem to care about me. Thanks for the advice, and sorry for referring to others as "whores" it's just the way I feel sometimes. I will try to be more creative, of course by following rules. My next post will be positive, I promise.

I for one know that if "no penetration in public chat" was not a rule then I would be doing it. Doing it in private or group doesn't make one any less of a "whore" than a girl doing it in public chat for a countdown of tokens. It just means they're willing to break the rules. Yes, it makes it more difficult to make tokens doing less in public chat, but hey, let's get mad at Leo for not enforcing his own rules instead, huh? Also, the one thing girls who don't do penetration in public (or don't do it very often) have that others don't is an upperhand that makes guys desperately want to take those girls private or group. I go private/group so rarely that guys seem to go crazy when I actually accept one O.O

And I agree that it's dumb to ban people for not talking in chat. Some of my best tippers are very quiet or elusive. If I booted them for not talking I would be shooting myself in the foot.

This thread is full of wrong - you're looking for advice but come off as really obnoxious and a bit of a hypocrite.
The way you treat members means I would never stop by - hope you ban guests and basics, otherwise why be a premium when you can sit undisturbed as a lower member.

The atmosphere your banitude gives, as well as bitching about other models and blaming their lack of 100% rule following - means I'm sceptical there's fun to be had in the room.

Bear in mind, this is just how I feel based upon what I read here. A bit unfair perhaps - but so is assuming other models are utter whores (in comparison to yourself), have no self respect or morals yadda yadda yadda... (hoping point is made).

Reactions: CamilaCherryMFC
I don't believe that girls breaking the rules make it any harder on those who do not. If guys like what you are doing they aren't going to care what some other girl is doing. I've gotten a room full of guys by playing "name the school house rock song for a flash". I don't do more than nudity (usually only topless and flash) in public.

Being a bigger woman has jack to do with it. I'm a bigger woman. Yes, I get assholes in my room but there is also no shortage of guys telling them off for being mean and begging to see more. They love my body and have made me a lot more comfortable with it as well.

You ask for advice. I say have fun, don't ban because someone is shy, advertise what you'll do in privates. If they like you they will do it.

Just on a side note; I'd rather be a whore than a bitch. I have a lot of respect for a woman who is willing to risk breaking the rules so she can play by her own and make money doing it.

I agree with Jupiter, what's wrong with whores?

I do think you need to think with a clear head - is this something I can do? If you have a negative attitude towards the other models and other customers you are going to be unsuccessful. And there are quite a few tippers who have never chatted in the room - kicking out people who don't say hi is akin to flushing money down the toilet. To get tips you need people staying in the room. Why do people come into a room on MFC ? For a variety of reasons - to be entertained surely. Some want to see something sexy while they masturbate, some want to hear dirty talk, some people just want the companionship (limited it may be) of another person. Some like to find a woman who will entertain fetishes (they might be more inclined to tip if you are wearing/doing their favorite fetish thing), and others come because things that happen in some model's rooms are just hilarious. There are many more reasons. What I would do if I were you ?

- Think about if you were a guy, and you came into MFC for the first time - what would you want to see in a room ?
- Take a long look at your profile pic - make sure it is attractive and indicative of how you are. I haven't seen yours.
- Spend less time focusing on what other models are doing re: "rulebreaking" and more time on what you can do to make your room a better experience for members.
- Get to know some of your fellow models and build friendly relationships with them , even the "rulebreakers" - you might be surprised at what you find. If you avoid what you call "rulebreakers" you might miss out on some really good friendships and advice. A lot of "rulebreakers" weren't always "rulebreakers" either. Perhaps they might share with you why they started "coloring outside of the box".
- Get a twitter account. I see you have one , bravo ! Put it in your signature here and link to it in your profile, and reference it in your room. Encourage people in your room to check it out. Make it a habit to post on your twitter account when you are doing your shows and give a tease of some naughty thing you might intend to do. Twitter goes with MFC/camshows like peanut butter goes with chocolate.

As far as bigger women go :

Good luck!

tightlockup said:
I agree with Jupiter, what's wrong with whores?

I do think you need to think with a clear head - is this something I can do? If you have a negative attitude towards the other models and other customers you are going to be unsuccessful. And there are quite a few tippers who have never chatted in the room - kicking out people who don't say hi is akin to flushing money down the toilet. To get tips you need people staying in the room. Why do people come into a room on MFC ? For a variety of reasons - to be entertained surely. Some want to see something sexy while they masturbate, some want to hear dirty talk, some people just want the companionship (limited it may be) of another person. Some like to find a woman who will entertain fetishes (they might be more inclined to tip if you are wearing/doing their favorite fetish thing), and others come because things that happen in some model's rooms are just hilarious. There are many more reasons. What I would do if I were you ?

- Think about if you were a guy, and you came into MFC for the first time - what would you want to see in a room ?
- Take a long look at your profile pic - make sure it is attractive and indicative of how you are. I haven't seen yours.
- Spend less time focusing on what other models are doing re: "rulebreaking" and more time on what you can do to make your room a better experience for members.
- Get to know some of your fellow models and build friendly relationships with them , even the "rulebreakers" - you might be surprised at what you find. If you avoid what you call "rulebreakers" you might miss out on some really good friendships and advice. A lot of "rulebreakers" weren't always "rulebreakers" either. Perhaps they might share with you why they started "coloring outside of the box".
- Get a twitter account. I see you have one , bravo ! Put it in your signature here and link to it in your profile, and reference it in your room. Encourage people in your room to check it out. Make it a habit to post on your twitter account when you are doing your shows and give a tease of some naughty thing you might intend to do. Twitter goes with MFC/camshows like peanut butter goes with chocolate.

As far as bigger women go :

Good luck!

Thank you Tight Lockup And I appreciate all of the advice from everyone. I have nothing else to say. Sorry about calling people whores.

MercyRain said:
I am a bigger girl and I get a lot of comments about my weight. I am not really that fat. I do admit that I could lose a few pounds. However, I am a very nice, polite person to the people who come in my room, that is unless they beg, or don't talk when I say hi to them.
Nothing wrong with being a bigger girl. I get the occasional comment in my room, but not much, since I just troll my trolls into leaving the room. My members usually pitch in on this and we make a game out of it. Begging is handled by welcoming them to the room--I assume they are new--and explain my room to them. Only obnoxious ones are banned after a 5-warning pitch.

MercyRain said:
The ban hammer comes down when I get no response.
This will make more enemies than friends. Here's why. I have 2 accounts: my model account, and a premium member account. Sometimes I do not have my sound on, or can't hear because I have music or the tv on louder. Other times I just want to watch and get a feel for the room's atmosphere. Other times I step away from the laptop and might miss something only to come back and find I've been banned. No good for you as a model or for a potential customer. Sometimes I don't feel like talking or being shook down for tokens (this happens a lot as a high tipper), and so I log in as an anon/guest. This gets the ban hammer too and I've got a few models I no longer visit any longer becuase of their treatment of anons.

MercyRain said:
never ask for tips because I am not well established enough to do so. I do have a couple regulars, but not enough to pay the bills. I try not to be desperate like the free whores who break rules left and right. But how can I get guys to stay in my room without being a total whore???
Well, first off, on Skin the rules are looser than MFC, so you can try out more techniques there if you want to experiment. We all have our own niche that works for us, and what I do in public may fall under private-only for you. That's kinda what rocks about camming.
Secondly, and more importantly--people know when you have no self-worth. Start asking for tokens and create shows that keep people entertained. Sitting there with no direction is not going to earn you very much. Would you buy anything for a sales girl who jst sat at the counter waiting for a sale to fall into her lap? Probably not.
I've helped a bunch of girls through webcam seminars and training guides and am always willing to help where I can. I love this gig and enjoy seeing people in it. Feel free to ask me anything anytime.
MercyRain said:
IYou can come watch me on skinvideo.com and tell me what I do wrong.Thanks guys.
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MercyRain
http://www.skinvideo.com/cam/watch/1354601/Mercyrain
I haven't watched your shows since I'm usually on when you are but I'll try to pop in and say hello. Do try and change your thinking from "what am I doing wrong" to "what is working and how to I do that more". It will help a lot. Maybe keep notes as you do a show for what earns tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.