AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I don't get it ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sitting in a models room for 20 minutes, and she has 400 people in her room. In the past 20 minutes I've not heard a peep out of this girls mouth. She's just staring at the camera not even smiling, replying in vague messages here and there. I don't get it? I've seen some weird stuff on mfc, but for 400 people to stare at a girl that is doing nothing, when there are hundreds doing something. Thats probably in the top 10 list.

Reactions: LacieLaPlante
KudosKids said:
I've been sitting in a models room for 20 minutes, and she has 400 people in her room. In the past 20 minutes I've not heard a peep out of this girls mouth. She's just staring at the camera not even smiling, replying in vague messages here and there. I don't get it? I've seen some weird stuff on mfc, but for 400 people to stare at a girl that is doing nothing, when there are hundreds doing something. Thats probably in the top 10 list.
Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason which makes it so hard as a camgirl, trying to decide on good creative ideas for shows. Maybe the members liked being ignored a little, you want what you can't have?

KudosKids said:
Alot goes on out of public chat, especially in certain groups of models. I get the impression she was working hard, hence no smiles.

How miss MFC works!

Reactions: ACFFAN69
MissOlivia_ said:
How miss MFC works!

the more tokens you get, higher is the rank :)

Gween said:
MissOlivia_ said:
How miss MFC works!

the more tokens you get, higher is the rank :)

It's so simple I thought it was more complicated, well that clears that up!

Never understood anyone spending differently based on camscore/ rank, i.e success of their favoured model.
Is not the pleasure you take the same no matter her success?

KudosKids said:
No ill will towards it but I do think I know who your talking about and yeah. It doesn't make me mad or anything but a little confused, for sure. More power to her and the 400 but... I don't get it. I feel like I'm missing out on some kind of secret or something.

MsDonkey said:
There are a lot of fetishes I generally "don't get" in a sexual way, but I understand from a generally "fun/silly/playful" manner. Like balloons or food squishing (can never remember the name of that fetish), etc. but one thing I really don't get at all is "other people."
The fact there are so many fetishes is whats odd to me. I never knew how weird turn ons could get til I came to mfc. I wonder what it feels like to be a new model and have her eyes opened up to all these fetishes she never even knew existed and to be asked to do them.

JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:
No ill will towards it but I do think I know who your talking about and yeah. It doesn't make me mad or anything but a little confused, for sure. More power to her and the 400 but... I don't get it. I feel like I'm missing out on some kind of secret or something.
Silly folks, it's a staring contest obviously! :lol:

Attachments

• Staring_contest.jpg
    Staring_contest.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 520
KudosKids said:
MsDonkey said:
There are a lot of fetishes I generally "don't get" in a sexual way, but I understand from a generally "fun/silly/playful" manner. Like balloons or food squishing (can never remember the name of that fetish), etc. but one thing I really don't get at all is "other people."
The fact there are so many fetishes is whats odd to me. I never knew how weird turn ons could get til I came to mfc. I wonder what it feels like to be a new model and have her eyes opened up to all these fetishes she never even knew existed and to be asked to do them.
Before I started on MFC, if someone had told me about the food crushing fetish, and that there are videos of women crushing food, and men jerking off to them, I probably would have said "Wow... that's not even remotely sexual. That's pretty damn weird." But I don't think anyone can expect anything else from a 20 year old with a non-sex-industry life. :think:

Nowadays I hear of a fetish and I go "cool, so apparently there's a balloon fetish, too. You never stop learning lol", and then I go on with my day without thinking about it again, in most cases.
It's very rare for me to get guys with specific fetishes in my room (I don't know why! :|) but I've heard about lots of fetishes through this forum for example, and my view on them has definitely changed for the better that way since I started camming. Nothing that isn't illegal or has to do with objectively disgusting things really weirds me out anymore.

LilyMarie said:
Before I started on MFC, if someone had told me about the food crushing fetish, and that there are videos of women crushing food, and men jerking off to them, I probably would have said "Wow... that's not even remotely sexual. That's pretty damn weird." But I don't think anyone can expect anything else from a 20 year old with a non-sex-industry life. :think:

Nowadays I hear of a fetish and I go "cool, so apparently there's a balloon fetish, too. You never stop learning lol", and then I go on with my day without thinking about it again, in most cases.
It's very rare for me to get guys with specific fetishes in my room (I don't know why! :|) but I've heard about lots of fetishes through this forum for example, and my view on them has definitely changed for the better that way since I started camming. Nothing that isn't illegal or has to do with objectively disgusting things really weirds me out anymore.
This is practically me! I've heard about many fetishes but I'm sure I have yet to come across so many others. I also know I have to learn about them. Just last night I got a request for blackmail fetish and while I was familiar with it, I didn't know it was illegal (at least the way the guy wanted me to do it) and was just about to accept before it occurred to me that I should probably ask about it, and then Miss Lolli enlightened me.

There are many things I find gross and wouldn't do, but I don't judge people who find them a turn on. To each their own :thumbleft:

JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:

I think it must be something like this going on (assuming you're assuming it is who I'm assuming you're assuming it is)...

Reactions: zippypinhead
JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:

Many models buy traffic, most of them big names. Which explains the phenomenon of having 400, 700, or even 1500 people in a room where nothing is happening and especially when the model is fully clothed. These girls fill their rooms with random viewers to get a boost in the "popular rooms" section which in turn brings home the premiums, even if its people just scratching their heads. This could turn into profit if they do a group show (I have seen models get 130 people in group by doing this) or simply through tips if she runs games. Others are less gimmicky and just do it for cred/rep. You would be surprised to know how many models do this and who they are.

Reactions: OPepperO
TicTacToe said:
You would be surprised to know how many models do this and who they are.
ME?!! :eek:

Nordling said:
JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:
There's something that kind of grabs at you when a girl with gorgeous eyes is staring creepily at you, though. Does anyone remember Magibon, the girl on YouTube who had some super popular video where she just said hi and then stared into the cam before ending the video?

Jillybean said:
Nordling said:
JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:
There's something that kind of grabs at you when a girl with gorgeous eyes is staring creepily at you, though. Does anyone remember Magibon, the girl on YouTube who had some super popular video where she just said hi and then stared into the cam before ending the video?

Never heard of her, so I had to go look. :eek:
I was scared it would turn into a screamer at the end.

That's a lotta views for staring at the cam :lol:

Reactions: Jillybean
Jillybean said:
Nordling said:
JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:
http://www.braco.me/en/about/introduction-braco/

:lol:

Does MFC just go around and ban models for no reason? There was a new model on here and she was super shy and adorable and was doing pretty damn well for only her 2nd week with having a 4k cam score. I noticed I haven't seen her in a few days. And I looked for her profile, I looked on mycamgirl.net. Its like she never even existed. She just flew off the internet. I don't even understand how she could get in trouble. She would hardly show her boobs, she would hardly even speak. This girl was way to shy to do anything worth getting banned over. It doesn't make any sense....

KudosKids said:
Does MFC just go around and ban models for no reason? There was a new model on here and she was super shy and adorable and was doing pretty damn well for only her 2nd week with having a 4k cam score. I noticed I haven't seen her in a few days. And I looked for her profile, I looked on mycamgirl.net. Its like she never even existed. She just flew off the internet. I don't even understand how she could get in trouble. She would hardly show her boobs, she would hardly even speak. This girl was way to shy to do anything worth getting banned over. It doesn't make any sense....

Lol, she probably deleted her own account if she was that shy!

I thought when you sign up to become a cam model that all your rights go to the website, and they don't delete anything off there website including profile. That is what I was told by a model.

You can buy traffic to a website that isn't even yours?!?!?! I've never heard of that. Idk about that guy. If that was the case, it would be to easy to become a top model if you could just buy your way in.

Reactions: PennyLaPerv
JoleneBrody said:
KudosKids said:

The funniest thing is we all know who they are talking about but like you said that's the beauty of the business I guess... Different Strokes for different folks! :-D

KudosKids said:
MsDonkey said:

I was that new model 3 years ago that you are talking about... Just girl from the country who somehow ended up camming only for a bunch of weird first request like watching me pee and poop? I don't get it... Then the even more weird ones that say will you pretend that you are my sister! GTFOH! Wrong room guys! :-D

KudosKids said:
I thought when you sign up to become a cam model that all your rights go to the website, and they don't delete anything off there website including profile. That is what I was told by a model.

Nope, your model friend is misinformed. If you close your account on MFC, they delete your profile (same on SM or CB.) Model contracts give the camsites the right to use the model's image however they want (MFC generally only uses this for recording privates for members to watch later/Miss MFC headers on the site, while SM will use recorded Gold shows/girl's pictures for advertising on other sites, put them on white labels, etc.), but they don't leave up profiles after the account is closed. All of the model's rights don't go to the website by any stretch of the imagination, otherwise girls couldn't work for multiple sites; model contracts are basically "Hey, we can use your image however we want to advertise and stuff, we'll probably put you on white labels, abide by all the rules of the site, give us a set percentage of your earnings, and we're cool." Nowhere does it say a model can't leave whenever they want or that profiles don't get deleted when you close an account. :)

GemmaMoore said:
KudosKids said:

Nope, your model friend is misinformed. If you close your account on MFC, they delete your profile (same on SM or CB.) Model contracts give the camsites the right to use the model's image however they want (MFC generally only uses this for recording privates for members to watch later/Miss MFC headers on the site, while SM will use recorded Gold shows/girl's pictures for advertising on other sites, put them on white labels, etc.), but they don't leave up profiles after the account is closed. All of the model's rights don't go to the website by any stretch of the imagination, otherwise girls couldn't work for multiple sites; model contracts are basically "Hey, we can use your image however we want to advertise and stuff, we'll probably put you on white labels, abide by all the rules of the site, give us a set percentage of your earnings, and we're cool." Nowhere does it say a model can't leave whenever they want or that profiles don't get deleted when you close an account. :)

Just a point of clarification on the wording choice. Profiles get deactivated, they don't get deleted. Either way they aren't viewable to the public anymore. But if you came back 8 months later and told em you'd like to start up your old account that you totally cancelled and you thought everything was deleted, it would be back. Everything the way you left it.
Been there, done that. At least from the members side I know that to be true.

KudosKids said:
You can buy traffic to a website that isn't even yours?!?!?! I've never heard of that. Idk about that guy. If that was the case, it would be to easy to become a top model if you could just buy your way in.

You can buy anything... The idea in this case is to try to get into the 'top 10 rooms' list, plus it also helps bring the room up on the list for anyone that changed the model list from being sorted by camscore to being sorted by viewer count.

And even if you were looking at the list sorted by camscore, it would probably catch your attention if you were looking at the list and saw a model that had similar score as her 'camscore neighbours' but dozens/hundreds more viewers , potentially leading to you going to the room to check out what is going on..

weirdbr said:
KudosKids said:

You can buy anything... The idea in this case is to try to get into the 'top 10 rooms' list, plus it also helps bring the room up on the list for anyone that changed the model list from being sorted by camscore to being sorted by viewer count.

And even if you were looking at the list sorted by camscore, it would probably catch your attention if you were looking at the list and saw a model that had similar score as her 'camscore neighbours' but dozens/hundreds more viewers , potentially leading to you going to the room to check out what is going on..

I've never seen this happen though. When you click on most popular rooms, its always the top models in the top 10 rooms. And typically the first 3 are ladies getting ready or are in the middle of doing a cum show. And alot of those viewers are just freeloaders. So in all honesty, the most popular room doesn't benefit someone like myself nor can I see that it benefits the model seeing as how there room count is so high because alot of those people are just there to stand by and watch. So even if you were to buy traffic, it seems completely pointless to buy traffic. Having alot of viewers isn't everything on mfc. I know models who get 200 people or less in there room and make far more then model who has 700 plus people in her room.

KudosKids said:
I've never seen this happen though. When you click on most popular rooms, its always the top models in the top 10 rooms. And typically the first 3 are ladies getting ready or are in the middle of doing a cum show. .
I don't think this is true. I've been the top 10 rooms (and the top room a number of times) and it's almost always been when I'm doing a visually creative softcore show. I think once it was during a hardcore g/g show but that was only once. And I'm nowhere near a top model.

Often the Top 10 rooms are cumshows but often times you can find something really truly interesting there.

KudosKids said:
I've never seen this happen though. When you click on most popular rooms, its always the top models in the top 10 rooms. And typically the first 3 are ladies getting ready or are in the middle of doing a cum show. And alot of those viewers are just freeloaders. So in all honesty, the most popular room doesn't benefit someone like myself nor can I see that it benefits the model seeing as how there room count is so high because alot of those people are just there to stand by and watch. So even if you were to buy traffic, it seems completely pointless to buy traffic. Having alot of viewers isn't everything on mfc. I know models who get 200 people or less in there room and make far more then model who has 700 plus people in her room.

Sure, number of viewers isn't everything exactly because of the issue you mentioned. However, it does increase exposure and might attract people that will tip (either now or later). And to be fair, I dont believe 'buying viewers' is a common thing, if it is a thing at all - the costs to get someone to write the code to do it is potentially high (unless the person buying the viewers actually knows how to code), while the cost to run it is actually cheap (if you either use Amazon AWS, but the risk of detection is high.. or a bit higher cost if you use a botnet for a lower risk of detection - and yes.. botnets are available for sale/rental).

SexyStephXS said:
I don't think this is true. I've been the top 10 rooms (and the top room a number of times) and it's almost always been when I'm doing a visually creative softcore show. I think once it was during a hardcore g/g show but that was only once. And I'm nowhere near a top model.

Often the Top 10 rooms are cumshows but often times you can find something really truly interesting there.

Yep; in my experience a lot of interesting shows end up bubbling up to the top 10 rooms; it's just that it's not as common as the majority of people (specially guests/basics/freemiums) who help room counts swell up are usually looking for cumshows, but even those can be swayed if they see something really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.