AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I love being a cam girl.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like somebody hasn't been keeping up with current events outside their own little world. :roll:

The Office of National Statistics released current unemployment numbers for 16 to 24 year olds at 1.02 million, a record high.
http://www.studentnewspaper.org/news/10 ... ord-levels

That's all I'll say on that.

Kudos to cam girls that love their job, not everybody can find a well paying job they enjoy.

From the US Dept of Labor statistics...

UNEMPLOYMENT AMONG YOUTH -- SUMMER 2011

The number of unemployed youth in July 2011 was 4.1 million, down from 4.4 million a
year ago. The youth unemployment rate declined by 1.0 percentage point over the year to
18.1 percent in July 2011, after hitting a record high for July in 2010.

http://bls.gov/news.release/youth.nr0.htm

I think Punk may be referring to the link you posted above. It's not from the US.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
Double posting to get back on topic...

I love being a cam girl. Not only do I know for a fact that I make people smile every day, and have a very flexible schedule with no boss to answer to, and the ability to work from my own home, and get to do pleasurable things to my body... but it also has a very nice paycheck to go with it, and I appreciate that very much! It does allow me to live the sort of life that I've always wanted, with freedom and free time and not living paycheck to paycheck to pay the bills. It's comfortable, and that's what I love the most.

AmberCutie said:
I think Punk may be referring to the link you posted above. It's not from the US.

Yes, I was multi-tasking and didn't read far enough into the first article, but the other link from the BLS slightly contradicts the following...

PunkInDrublic said:
Jessi said:
I always say this.
How many 19 year olds live alone in the most expensive part of town completely independently and without debt?.

Pretty much every 19 year old that got a job instead of going to college?

Pretty much every 19 year old not including the 4.1 million still unemployed and looking for work. :p

Thanks for the info and support, Boce!

But I think the point of this thread is to highlight why camming makes us so happy, regardless of whether we can find other jobs or not. So let's hear more positive input! ;)

Jessi said:
Jessi said:
I always say this.
How many 19 year olds live alone in the most expensive part of town completely independently and without debt? And without someone else's schedule?
Fuck yeah.

I am not trying to brag here, just want to clear up that where I live the only jobs available for someone who doesn't have at least a community college diploma are minimum wage jobs in food service, and yes even those are limited availability. The minimum wage here is not a living wage, I know this because I tried to make it work. I worked too many hours to take a second job and the hours I worked didn't pay enough to cover the bills and I was very nearly evicted. The job was also dangerous because of a lot of Health & Safety Dept. violations and the fact that I was working until 2 am and then starting the next shift at 5:30am. There was also disgusting amount of sexual harassment and drama, and no one could do anything about it because the people you report it to were involved also. In my region most people in my age group live with their parents still, and have a lot of student debt. Most of the people I went to college with still live at home and work retail, if they're not stuck back in the country where Im from, because theres nowhere to work there and good luck getting a car with no job. I'm doing very well by comparison and was just expressing that I feel extremely fortunate that I can do this kind of work.

I think you should be proud of where you are in life. My first seven years out of high school I was barely keeping my head above water due to my sucky pay. It took me ten years living with a roommate before I could afford a down payment for my little house.

Reactions: Jessi
All the obvious stuff of course, money, working from home, making my own hours ect. The thing I really love about being a camgirl though is making people smile. I always try to keep the vibe of my room lighthearted and upbeat so that people feel welcome and appreciated. I like hearing that because of something silly I said or did a persons day got a little brighter, its really heart warming. Oh yeas...I LOVE to tease. Its one of my most favorite things, and I get to do plenty of it on MFC. :dance:

Bocefish said:
Pretty much every 19 year old that got a job instead of going to college?

Pretty much every 19 year old not including the 4.1 million still unemployed and looking for work. :p[/quote]

Exactly, every 19 year old that got a job.

I'd like to say thanks to all camgirls too. Your work is appreciated immensely by me. It's cool seeing women work hard towards a goal. That might sound weird but I rarely see hard working females in real life, so it's pretty cool to see. I also like/appreciate the whole hustle to it and how the woman is in charge. So yeah, props to all yall.

Sia Green said:
All the obvious stuff of course, money, working from home, making my own hours ect. The thing I really love about being a camgirl though is making people smile. I always try to keep the vibe of my room lighthearted and upbeat so that people feel welcome and appreciated. I like hearing that because of something silly I said or did a persons day got a little brighter, its really heart warming. Oh yeas...I LOVE to tease. Its one of my most favorite things, and I get to do plenty of it on MFC. :dance:
Oh YES... I do love to tease. ;)

AmberCutie said:
Double posting to get back on topic...

I love being a cam girl. Not only do I know for a fact that I make people smile every day, and have a very flexible schedule with no boss to answer to, and the ability to work from my own home, and get to do pleasurable things to my body... but it also has a very nice paycheck to go with it, and I appreciate that very much! It does allow me to live the sort of life that I've always wanted, with freedom and free time and not living paycheck to paycheck to pay the bills. It's comfortable, and that's what I love the most.

Exactly what Miss Cutie stated. I absolutely love being able to explore my sexuality & be my silly self every single day. I've heard people say that those in the adult industry do not have any self respect but I see it quite differently. Showing up to a 9-5 job, 40 hours a week, that I loathe is far more disrespectful to myself than being in the adult industry. My previous jobs did not allow anytime to express myself and be the real human being that I am. Working in that kind of environment day in and day out is stifling to the human experience IMHO.

I've grown more in the last year as a camgirl since it allows me to be creative and gives me the time that I need to explore new ideas & experiences. I have far more respect for myself since I went out on a limb and went against the norm. Not only did I try to succeed, even with many obstacles in my way, but I have actually found success in my precious life. This gives me a whole new level of confidence that I hadn't experienced before. I realize now that I can do anything that I put my mind to and I am truly grateful for finally seeing that. It is very easy for me to label camming as my "Dream Job".

... but I digress ... THIS JOB IS FOOKIN' NUTS AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! :dance:

Reactions: SophiaLocke
I LOVE camming. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I was basically pushed on my ass when I graduated high school with NO help at all. I had $1000 a semester left over from living, a meal plan, books, tuition, and health insurance left over from my scholarships and grants. If it wasn't for camming, I do not know how I would be able to live, to be honest. I live on my own and not on campus anymore, am able to have a car to get me to point A to B, and pay for school that my scholarships do not provide. I also help my dad out financially when I can and donate to the local pit bull rescue when I am able to. The flexibility with my school schedule is a huge plus as well. I can work more one week and take the next easy if I have a huge paper, tests, or a project. This job has given me such an amazing opportunity that many people, especially my age, have.

Team Chronic Masturbater!

I love being a cam girl because the joy riddled cumtasticness has yet to be matched by previous employments. I get to donate to my favorite charities, take care of my own, and share one of the most wonderful sensations I can feel. I am forever thankful that this is an option for me! Goals and my future seem so much more clear and tangible than they were before. Yay! :h:

I love being a cam girl because it gives me a sense of pride I've never felt before in myself. I get to explore different sides of my personality and sexuality in the comfort of my home with the awesome companionship of my fellas. I have the freedom to say no at any time if I truly do not want to do something and that is extremely liberating. I feel very lucky to be comfortable enough with myself and my sexuality to do this kind of work.
Something I noticed yesterday made me really happy. I was pretty sick the last two days and I was bawling my eyes out because I really wanted it to go away so I could get on cam. I've cried many times in the past when I was sick due to work, but it was because I really didn't want to go but if I didn't I would get in trouble.
Actually WANTING to and being EXCITED to do my job is the best thing ever!

I love being a camgirl because it showed me that I *am* beautiful and smart and sexy and all those things that my family kept saying I wasn't.

I love being a camgirl because it got me through the recession with minimal reliance on money from people who would love nothing more than to control my every breath.

I love being a camgirl because people don't find it weird that I sing and dance at work (ever tried it while sweeping the floors at a gas station? I got weird looks all the time)

I love being a camgirl because I don't have to put up with the stupid people.

I love being a camgirl because the only person who can tell me I wasn't good enough with any sort of authority is myself.

Reactions: MissBlaire
:) I love being a cam girl because I am a dirty little fuck, and I have been for as long as I can remember. It was just kind of a natural process... lol I am my most excited, happy, and turned on when flirting with someone, or knowing I'm getting someone off. With camming, I can rest assured I'm getting a few hundred people off every time I log on... lol I've had ups and downs with the money, but I also go weeks without working at all. I'm always satisfied with what I make, but without someone to tell me to get my ass into gear and get the work done, it's hard to keep track of the days, even!

Reactions: SophiaLocke
I love being a camgirl because it's fucking awesome.

I've never loved and been so obsessed with any sort of job like this before, ever. It's given me so much more confidence about myself--all the small things I used to worry about, I actual like about myself now. I now know how to dance-- and in front of people--which is something I could have never done before. I love being able to be myself and talk communicate and have fun with people all over the place--that I've gotten the chance to meet so many awesome girls as well that have also helped me to learn more and be better at what I do.

I don't know what isn't to love about it. I love the freedom that it's given me to work whenever I want so I can spend my day with family or friends or drawing and having fun. I love that I have complete control over what goes on in my room, what I decide to sell, how I decide to sell it, and what I will and will not do.

Also, the fact that I can now start saving for the future and living comfortably not having to worry about not having enough money for food or bills. It's pretty spiffy if you ask me.

Oh, and not to mention the whole getting off thing. That's pretty fun, too. :)

I love being a cam girl! I am very new, I've only been online maybe 6 or 7 times, and each time I had more fun than I did the time before. I love that I have an outlet to be my silly, pervy, sarcastic self. I love that I am meeting all kinds of great people that are equally as silly, pervy and sarcastic. I look forward to getting on cam every day, and having some new adventure or unexpected experience, and I love that I am learning new things every day.

This is a pretty cool place to be, and I am so glad that I can be here!!

I agree we are like modern day geishas and I fell pretty damn good about it. Being a cam girl makes me feel exotic and erotic to look at and hang out with. Plus I am my own boss I do not need to call in sick and shit and I do not have to worry about getting fired unless I get banned for man on cam or scammin.Which I do not have to worry about. We also do not need to wear uniforms are be carful on if your being flirtatious while working or not. You can be as flirtatious as you want with out sexual harassment charges lol ( I do not have any thank god).Plus you can get off on it and do whatever you want and however you want.

Reactions: Jayne_Black
i like being a camgirl and sometimes i love it. im not an exhibitionist though and im really shy when it comes to my body for the most part. i do however appreciate being able to work as little or as much as i like and meeting cool people as well as averaging 4 to six times minimum wage per hour. i think if i put the work into going indy id like it better.

I love being a cam girl because it's the first job I've ever had where I feel like people truly appreciate the hard work I put into it. I've been on my own since I was 16 with no help from family. I've waited tables and bartended, busting my ass and working long hours to keep my head above water. I've worked as much as 70 and 80 hour weeks without the ability to call in sick for fear of losing my job, and no way to go to the doctor. When I made the decision to start college, I realized that I wouldn't have the kind of time to devote myself to school and pay my bills without one or the other suffering a little, and camming sort of fell into my lap at the perfect moment. I've always been very sexual, and this gives me a safe and positive way to let that out. I've felt better about myself since I've started camming than I ever have in my entire life. I get to dress up, talk to people from all over the world, and get myself off while people cheer me on and pay me for it. While camming definitely has its downsides, I am grateful to have the opportunity to do it.

Reactions: sxycherrypie
I get to express a side of me on cam that I otherwise wouldn't be able to. I love this job and am so happy that I stumbled upon it. I have the occasional bad cam day but I mostly have the days where I log off and feel like squealing, laughing, dancing around because I can't believe that I can support myself while still having tons of fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.