AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I met someone awesome, and now I'm puzzled. Help me solve it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2018
I've been visiting camsites on and off for maybe four years. Through all of my interactions, I have never had one like this. Recently, I stumbled upon a cam I hadn't seen. The girl was very cute, and very cheerful. All around, she seemed pretty nice. After visiting a couple of times, never having talked in the chat at all, I decided to see what buying into a snapchat would be like. It isn't something I really do. So I said hello, tipped for the snap add, and we ended up chatting for a while.

Time goes by. Through this time, I find myself in her cam room just talking. Anything from making jokes, gossip, or even private stuff (not sexual). I was taken by surprise by the large number of common interests, and tastes we have. Like, I was shocked. I never would have thought it. And it isn't a fluke she's trying to play, because she'd bring it up first, and she truly knew what she was talking about. During all of this, I never went crazy with tips. I feel bad for saying that, but I was in the middle of moving, and didn't have as much to spend.But even so, she would open a chat with me. I don't visit her cam to see her shows. I'm there to talk. Even if i'm at work, i have our chat open. That way I can still converse, albeit at a much slower pace. We also talk off cam a decent amount as well. Anyways, at this point, I'm finding myself in a very abnormal (for me) situation.

I hate the fact I met this girl on a camsite.

I'm not in love, but I do find myself wanting to pursue a friendship with this person. I feel restricted for a couple of reasons. 1, the fact I met her on a camsite, I feel as though i have a title above my head that reads "potential client". I fully understand why this is the case, but I still don't like it lol. I want to be something more than that. 2, I try to be really careful of comfort zones, and boundaries. I respect boundaries so much to the point where it's almost like I set up another boundary around theirs, just to be sure i don't get anywhere close. This restricts me, because it makes me feel trapped in the "client-zone". I don't want to say something about wanting to be a friend, and risk making her uncomfortable.

I've seen some people say this kind of thing is kind of driven by the model's show/persona, or how I attracted I would be to the model, but I really don't think that's the case for me. If I could trade talking in her cam room for being able to talk on a first name basis elsewhere, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

As I read through everything I'm typing, I feel really bad. I don't know, maybe it seems selfish, or immature. I just found someone who I find to be really interesting, and I would have loved the opportunity to truly get to know this person, and whatever future came of that is whatever. I just feel like I won't get an opportunity to do that, because of the platform we met.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what can I do? I'd like to think that it's not impossible, but what do I know. This isn't something I've ever gone through before.

I would greatly appreciate a models perspective on things too. Would something like this be unsettling to you? If not, in what method/s would achieving this be most appropriate? If yes, then... Well shit, I'm sorry :(

Thank you for reading, and I hope this doesn't upset anyone. And if I may ask, I'd rather not be called dumb or anything. From what I've seen, this is a very helpful and kind community, but still.. Thanks

TL;DR - I met someone i find unique and fun with lots of common interests, but I feel robbed of the opportunity to become true friends with them since I met them on a camsite. Looking for advice.

Last edited:
Get a back tattoo with her name.

I would greatly appreciate a models perspective on things too. Would something like this be unsettling to you? If not, in what method/s would achieving this be most appropriate? If yes, then... Well shit, I'm sorry

If the back tattoo doesn't work I would say try with a copious stream of tokens and daily private shows where you really get to know each other by just talking.

I met someone i find unique and fun with lots of common interests, but I feel robbed of the opportunity to become true friends with them since I met them on a camsite.

Join a book club.
Go to a bar.
Do volunteer work.
Take up a sport/activity.
Talk to your neighbors.
Throw a party.
Cultural events, go to them.
Wine tasting tour.
Dance lessons.
Attend church.
Museums.
Go to farmer's markets.

There, a bunch of ways to meet women in real life. Leave behind cam-sites, they're not for you.

When you say you want to pursue a friendship with that person, do you mean an offline friendship? I'll be honest, I've never been in the same boat as you (as far as wanting to meet any cam girls), so I can't really give you any advice there except to say that she is probably fine with things being the way they are unless she tells you otherwise.

Reactions: EllieGeorge
When you say you want to pursue a friendship with that person, do you mean an offline friendship? I'll be honest, I've never been in the same boat as you (as far as wanting to meet any cam girls), so I can't really give you any advice there except to say that she is probably fine with things being the way they are unless she tells you otherwise.
Nono, not offline. I would never introduce the idea of meeting up lol

In most cases you are just that, a "potential client". It is rare that you will develop any relationship outside of her work. Most of the people here will tell you that. But it does happen. If you chat with her off cam is that also off work? If it is already outside of work and you don't plan on meeting her don't you already have a way to pursue the friendship? Perhaps the best thing you can do is just ask what her boundaries and wishes are. I don't want to sound like it is impossible, I have had something similar happen and you can find a few examples where it works out. And many where it doesn't. But no one here can tell you what her feelings are. I understand wanting to ask for advice but I think she is the only one who can really answer your question.

You're not a potential client. You're a client. You're already in her room, talking, tipping (I hope... kind of vague language there), taking up time. If I were a member hoping for more from a camgirl, I'd just wait for her to offer that. Seems like the best plan of action, and it forces you to accept that it's not likely. Even if she is interested in a member, plenty of reasons to skip it.

In most cases you are just that, a "potential client". It is rare that you will develop any relationship outside of her work. Most of the people here will tell you that. But it does happen. If you chat with her off cam is that also off work? If it is already outside of work and you don't plan on meeting her don't you already have a way to pursue the friendship? Perhaps the best thing you can do is just ask what her boundaries and wishes are. I don't want to sound like it is impossible, I have had something similar happen and you can find a few examples where it works out. And many where it doesn't. But no one here can tell you what her feelings are. I understand wanting to ask for advice but I think she is the only one who can really answer your question.

I should add a warning in case you don't know. All these camming sites have rules about what can be discussed. You should really make sure to read the websites TOS. What would be much worse than making her uncomfortable would be to get her in trouble with her work site.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
If you have a connection with someone then it shouldn't really matter where or how you met the person.
During all of this, I never went crazy with tips. I feel bad for saying that, but I was in the middle of moving, and didn't have as much to spend.
Why do you feel bad for making a rational decision? If she talks to you whether you tip her or not, isn't that a good thing? Would you really want a friend you had to pay for?
As I read through everything I'm typing, I feel really bad.
Again, why? Nothing in your post is rude or offensive. Stop feeling bad about shit when you haven't done anything wrong.
I would greatly appreciate a models perspective on things too. Would something like this be unsettling to you? If not, in what method/s would achieving this be most appropriate? If yes, then... Well shit, I'm sorry :(
If you were hoping an active user of this site would give you some words of encouragement, I'd encourage you to think about the site you're posting on and the people who frequent it. A major part of their life is webcam, be it for business or entertainment. Most of them are going to lump you in with everyone who's ever had a crush on a webcam model. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong. It doesn't really matter. If you want to be friends with this person, then be friends with this person. Being friends with someone doesn't require an announcement. There is no need for formality or ceremony. Just be friends with the person. Say what you want to say. Talk about what you want and just let it evolve naturally. Just be yourself.
Thank you for reading, and I hope this doesn't upset anyone.
Have you ever heard the saying - If everyone likes you, you're doing it wrong? Well, I think you might be doing it wrong. I don't know you at all but, you seem overly concerned that you might offend someone or make someone angry. Stop feeling bad for being a human being with human thoughts and desires. Stop apologizing to people you don't need to apologize to.

My advice to you is: Do the thing that will cause you the least amount of regret.

Reactions: AudriTwo
What you are asking is if it's okay to pursue talking to her outside of her site so you feel less obligated to tip. It sounds more like you feel guilty for not wanting to tip or being able to but you really want to be friends with her.

Plenty of models come to see their regulars as friends. I have a quite a few I see in that way. Started off as fun tipping that led to us being able to talk lots and get to know each other well enough that I've come to care about them a lot. Thing is, the reason I'm on cam is that I need to make a living. One of my favorite things about this job is that I can make connections like this but I make a point in making it clear that this is how I pay my bills.

My members who I see as friends understand that without them tipping for shows/time that I would no longer be able to afford to stay there. I put in the work, energy and time and give up a lot in other parts of my life to work as a cam model. We all do. Yes we chose to do this line of work and most of us love it but we still wouldn't be able to stick around if the money was not there.

She may be able to see you as a friend but thing is if she wasn't a model and you hadn't been browsing you never would have met her. Be thankful you even had this chance to talk to someone you seem to find pretty cool. You want to stay in contact with her then show her how much you appreciate her by tipping what you can, when you can and I promise you'll make both of you happy at the same time and she'll have that much more time to talk to you. :)

Every regular I've ever had has had plenty in common with me. That's why they ended up being my regulars. She's got a chatroom full of other guys in the exact same situation as you, I imagine? If she thinks you're special enough to pursue in another way, she'll let you know.

Nono, not offline. I would never introduce the idea of meeting up lol
Then I'm not sure what could be different... You already (sort of) have an online friendship with her if the two of you chat just for fun outside of paid shows. That doesn't necessarily mean it would last if you stopped being a paying customer, though. These things are fairly common in my experience, but usually they are not very serious either. It's just a way to pass time.

If you want to be friends with this person, then be friends with this person. Being friends with someone doesn't require an announcement. There is no need for formality or ceremony. Just be friends with the person. Say what you want to say. Talk about what you want and just let it evolve naturally. Just be yourself.
This. It sounds like you are friends. Not sure what change you want?

Get drunk and tell how you really feel, if it doesn't go well apologize the next day and carry on as you were

Status
Not open for further replies.