AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need a good cam site - Streamate is a scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2015
Alright. I'm a male with $1000 burning a hole in his pocket. I want to spend it on cam model(s).
But these cam sites. Agh! they suck! who designed them? who runs them? e.g. Streamate call today:

me: i did a test run with a $50 gift card, and it ended the cam session and now says i owe $80 extra
me: why is there no meter telling you your balance?
Streamate rep: we dont tell people that
me: fair enough, but i want to spend $1k on your site, how can i do this and know my charges as they occur?
Streamate rep: you cant
me: do i owe $80 from the first session?
Streamate rep: click

LOL! who are these clowns? i may have to get into the webcam business. Big opportunity for someone who actually knows and wants to run a business.

What are the SOLID web-cam sites out there? (iFriends and Naked, both horrible, overbilling, lost content, etc)

You can set a daily spending limit on Streamate that will automatically end any cam session once you hit that amount of money. My guess is that you did not set a limit, went over whatever was on your gift card without ending the session, and now have a running balance to pay off; adding a credit card to your account should take care of that balance. The issue most likely is that your gift card (I'm guessing it was a Visa?) registered as an actual credit card instead of a gift card, which is why you're having this issue.

On Streamate, before you enter a private/exclusive show, it will tell you what the per-minute rate is for that show (it's different for every girl, as we can set our own rates.) Based off of that, you can easily figure out how many minutes it will be before you hit the daily limit you've set. Or you could just stick to Gold shows, which have a set rate (usually $3-$8) to see a set-length show. That way you won't have any more issues.

It's a pity you had such a bad first experience, Streamate really is a great site for both members and models. :)

I have a new invention for you. It's called a watch, and I'm willing to sell it to you for the low, low price of $1000. That's with the smart guy discount of course! :lol:

Thank you. Yes, that sort of helps. But it doesnt solve the problem. If i want to be in a 60 minute cam session at $4 per minute, i cant do that, because it doesnt tell me elapsed minutes as the session is happening.

And the CS reps there - total a-holes and bullies.

I need a good site, just got a $4k tax refund burning a hole in my pocket :)

JickyJuly said:
I have a new invention for you. It's called a watch, and I'm willing to sell it to you for the low, low price of $1000. That's with the smart guy discount of course! :lol:

Doesnt solve the problem. Streamate overcharges, so any 'watch' i look at has to be attached to the account.

This is web site design 101 stuff, circa 1995

Jeff777 said:
Thank you. Yes, that sort of helps. But it doesnt solve the problem. If i want to be in a 60 minute cam session at $4 per minute, i cant do that, because it doesnt tell me elapsed minutes as the session is happening.

Oh! Well then, do I have just the thing for you: Block sessions. You get to pick a chunk of time (15, 30, 45, or 60 min.), get a slightly discounted per-minute rate for 'buying in bulk' as it were, and it has alerts that tell you when the session is over. Most girls do them (we can pick which amounts of time to offer, if any), and if they don't have them enabled that day, you can always ask if they'd be willing to do one with you! :-D

Also, again, you can set spending limits in your account. It wasn't being 'overcharged', just a matter of not having that limit set/the Visa gift card registering in their system as a credit card. You engaged in a show for a period of time, and you were charged for the time that you spent. That's all that happened. Shouldn't be an issue to pay that $80 (since you must have enjoyed the show a lot to spend that much time in it!), chalk it up to learning a new site, and set that limit so it doesn't happen again. ;)

GemmaMoore said:
Jeff777 said:

Oh! Well then, do I have just the thing for you: Block sessions. You get to pick a chunk of time (15, 30, 45, or 60 min.), get a slightly discounted per-minute rate for 'buying in bulk' as it were, and it has alerts that tell you when the session is over. Most girls do them (we can pick which amounts of time to offer, if any), and if they don't have them enabled that day, you can always ask if they'd be willing to do one with you! :-D

thank you! excellent advice......now why havent any of the 7 CS reps at Streamate told me that? LOL!

this may solve the problem....i still dont trust their timer, but i'll test it

Jeff777 said:
GemmaMoore said:
Jeff777 said:

thank you! excellent advice......now why havent any of the 7 CS reps at Streamate told me that? LOL!

this may solve the problem....i still dont trust their timer, but i'll test it

Because the CS reps usually aren't people that use the site and don't always know what they're talking about, haha. As both a member and a model, I can tell you the timer is accurate, but given your initial issues I don't blame you for being skeptical about it. Hope it works out better for you! :)

GemmaMoore said:
Because the CS reps usually aren't people that use the site and don't always know what they're talking about, haha. As both a member and a model, I can tell you the timer is accurate, but given your initial issues I don't blame you for being skeptical about it. Hope it works out better for you! :)

Thanks! i'll try it. I also will only use pre-paid debit cards on that site. No way do they get my real info, LOL! thanks again!

If paying by the minute makes you anxious, maybe a tip based site like mfc would be more your thing?

JickyJuly said:
If paying by the minute makes you anxious, maybe a tip based site like mfc would be more your thing?

Yes, getting ripped off does make me anxious. being in a show for 5 minutes @ $5 per minute should not result in a $100 charge

Jeff777 said:
JickyJuly said:

Yes, getting ripped off does make me anxious. being in a show for 5 minutes @ $5 per minute should not result in a $100 charge
Click on the RECENT PURCHASES button and it will tell you exactly how many minutes you used and the charge. I've never had what you describe happen, so you may have miscalculated how long you spent with the model.

Nordling said:
Jeff777 said:
JickyJuly said:

Click on the RECENT PURCHASES button and it will tell you exactly how many minutes you used and the charge. I've never had what you describe happen, so you may have miscalculated how long you spent with the model.

That's where the rip-off comes in. The card was charged $100. The session itself does not even show on my Streamate account. And the session was only 5 minutes.

ps - there are plenty of other complaints like this on the web, so this does not appear to be an isolated incident

Jeff777 said:

Oh well in that case, stay on Streamate! It's fun, promise! :)

I don't know any sites that give you a countdown of what you're spending as you're in a private show. I imagine that would be counterproductive from a business stand point to highlight how much you're spending every minute. Not to mention a huge distraction as you're trying to cum. You'd be almost to the climax when you realize you've spent $100+. Just seeing that money multiply the more you stroke, I doubt that would be a turn on. Unless you're into financial domination :)

Lanie Love said:
Jeff777 said:

I don't know any sites that give you a countdown of what you're spending as you're in a private show. I imagine that would be counterproductive from a business stand point to highlight how much you're spending every minute. Not to mention a huge distraction as you're trying to cum. You'd be almost to the climax when you realize you've spent $100+. Just seeing that money multiply the more you stroke, I doubt that would be a turn on. Unless you're into financial domination :)

Every other site i've been at shows you a timer, then when the session is over, that timed amount is what gets charged. That's how Streamate pulls their scam. There's no timer, so they charge at will.

Jeff777 said:
Lanie Love said:
Jeff777 said:

Every other site i've been at shows you a timer, then when the session is over, that timed amount is what gets charged. That's how Streamate pulls their scam. There's no timer, so they charge at will.

They don't show a timer while you're in the Prem/Excl chat, no (and I can't think of any sites that do?) But as Nordling pointed out, it should be showing in your sessions as a charge - It will have the number of minutes you were in the session, the per-minute rate, and then how much you spent for the whole session.

Also, I really have to assure you that there Streamate is not a scam webcam site. I've been working on there for almost a year now, and never heard of anyone having the issue you're describing of being 'overcharged' for a session. And I've done a lot of session, let me tell ya. ;)

GemmaMoore said:
Jeff777 said:
Lanie Love said:
Jeff777 said:

They don't show a timer while you're in the Prem/Excl chat, no. But as Nordling pointed out, it should be showing in your sessions as a charge - It will have the number of minutes you were in the session, the per-minute rate, and then how much you spent for the whole session.

Yes, i know all of that, thank you. None of that is true for me, they simply drained the 2 cards i have on file for way way more than was used.

Jeff777 said:
GemmaMoore said:
Jeff777 said:
Lanie Love said:
Jeff777 said:

They don't show a timer while you're in the Prem/Excl chat, no. But as Nordling pointed out, it should be showing in your sessions as a charge - It will have the number of minutes you were in the session, the per-minute rate, and then how much you spent for the whole session.

Yes, i know all of that, thank you. None of that is true for me, they simply drained the 2 cards i have on file for way way more than was used.

I thought you said you didn't have any cards on file? Something about how they're 'not getting your real info' and 'just trying it out with one $50 gift card'? :think:

GemmaMoore said:
I thought you said you didn't have any cards on file? Something about how they're 'not getting your real info' and 'just trying it out with one $50 gift card'? :think:

Yup, i've now tried 2 debit/gift cards. didnt use my real name. both cards = 0

there are plenty of other people who've had the same issue, just google it, maybe it's better for providers

Jeff777 said:
GemmaMoore said:

there are plenty of other people who've had the same issue, just google it, maybe it's better for providers

If a guy had been overcharged for a show I'd given, then he most likely wouldn't contact support - He would come charging into my inbox with bells on cussing me out about scamming him. It's not an issue I've ever heard of, and you have to understand that a lot of 'complaints' about webcam sites that you can find on the web are written by either owners of other, smaller sites that are trying to discredit their competition, or from guys who actually later have their issue resolved/figure out it was their fault, and never come back to amend their statements because the whole thing is over in their mind.

I'm not saying SM is perfect, not by a long shot. But actively ripping off members isn't one of their flaws.

:twocents-02cents:

TeganTate said:
Kinklive.com has the timer feature you mentioned.
I am a model over there it's a really good site you should try it out.

thank you! i will....it's not so much the timer, if the site didnt make fake charges, i wouldnt care about the timer

i will check that out!

GemmaMoore said:
Jeff777 said:
GemmaMoore said:

If a guy had been overcharged for a show I'd given, then he most likely wouldn't contact support - He would come charging into my inbox with bells on cussing me out about scamming him. It's not an issue I've ever heard of, and you have to understand that a lot of 'complaints' about webcam sites that you can find on the web are written by either owners of other, smaller sites that are trying to discredit their competition, or from guys who actually later have their issue resolved/figure out it was their fault, and never come back to amend their statements because the whole thing is over in their mind.

I'm not saying SM is perfect, not by a long shot. But actively ripping off members isn't one of their flaws.
:twocents-02cents:

that's fine - we can agree to disagree. I'm not going to go yelling at a model for that, the site is my point of contact. I dont own a site - i just know i was barely getting started in a cam-show, and my $100 card went to 0, and the model was barely getting her lingerie on that i asked for

so in that case? yes, total overcharge scam

EDIT - now that i think about it, there must be some way they can tell i am using debit cards, much less chargeback risk, so that's why they're pulling this

TeganTate said:
Kinklive.com has the timer feature you mentioned.
I am a model over there it's a really good site you should try it out.

I work there too. It's a very good site, with an awesome community and support!

Reactions: Jeff777
I think your best website would be MFC. You buy the tokens you want to spend and you spend them. If you go private with 500 tokens ($50) the private ends when your tokens are gone.

Honestly the way streammate transactions work would make me very nervous as a member.

SexyStephXS said:
I think your best website would be MFC. You buy the tokens you want to spend and you spend them. If you go private with 500 tokens ($50) the private ends when your tokens are gone.

Honestly the way streammate transactions work would make me very nervous as a member.

Yes! MFC is working out great. Gave it a test run, to make sure no shady tactics, and then deposited $500 or so in tokens. It works great. You know what you're spending while you spend it. No $100 surprises!

Jeff777 said:
SexyStephXS said:

Yes! MFC is working out great. Gave it a test run, to make sure no shady tactics, and then deposited $500 or so in tokens. It works great. You know what you're spending while you spend it. No $100 surprises!
If you're new to MFC beware that they will limit your token purchases right off the bat. You'll likely need to contact them to raise it, which they will do once they realize you aren't a fraudulent user.

Woah, I'm surprised they're even dealing with you. One of my regs joined a gold show of mine when his card had expired and didn't realize. Half way through the show he remembers, leaves the gold show and contacts streamate. Then things get weird. They ban him permanently even though he tries to put his new card in and pay for the 5 dollar gold show.. And then they said they "refunded" his card 5 dollars? After much explanation on his part that it would make no sense to do that because he was trying to give them money, not get money back.

I'm shocked to hear something similar didn't happen on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.