AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I wish MFC would...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
...have the same little icon next to a member's name that they put next to the model's name when they're in a private show.
That way I'd know it's not a good time to PM a member (that I haven't seen online in a while) to say hello, thus making me feel like a smuck for interrupting his show that he's paying good money for. :woops:

Poker_Babe said:
...have the same little icon next to a member's name that they put next to the model's name when they're in a private show.
That way I'd know it's not a good time to PM a member (that I haven't seen online in a while) to say hello, thus making me feel like a smuck for interrupting his show that he's paying good money for. :woops:
:lol: Your PMs are always welcome. lol :h:

Poker_Babe said:

That would be useful as I have done this...even though the guy had asked me to PM him when I next saw him online he was indeed in a private. But then, some guys might not want that to be known so perhaps it'd be good as an option.

Considering how poorly/jealous some models can behave, I imagine this isn't a feature that many members would like.

Just a side note, I only pm members that are currently in my room And if they PMd me first. Is this not standard? I notice girls mention stuff about PMing often but I always feel that any other time it can come off as clingy or somehow begging for tokens even if I'm only checking on how their sick pet is or something. So I treat PMs as speak only if spoken to. lol

Yeah Steph, I never PM anyone unless they're in my room and have messaged me first.

I want a bot like CB has that removes the offending person's message(s) in chat after I've banned them so things can just keep trucking.

Same here. I don't PM members when they're not in my room. When they're online but not in my room and not PMing me on their own, they're probably doing things on MFC that just doesn't involve me so why would I want to barge in? Or they might even be gone from their computer and stayed logged in, that happens. Either way, they'll talk to me when they want to talk to me. They're entitled to spend their time on MFC how they want. I -usually- have other people in my room I can talk to. :)

housewifeswag said:
I want a bot like CB has that removes the offending person's message(s) in chat after I've banned them so things can just keep trucking.
OK, wait... do we treat this thread as a "things we wish MFC had" thread, or as one about PokerBabe's suggestion...?
I get confused when people make "clickbait" thread titles. :/ Now I don't know if this thread is supposed to be about her suggestion (the icon next to a member's name when they're in a private), or about listing what we wish MFC would have.

LilyMarie said:
Same here. I don't PM members when they're not in my room. When they're online but not in my room and not PMing me on their own, they're probably doing things on MFC that just doesn't involve me so why would I want to barge in? Or they might even be gone from their computer and stayed logged in, that happens. Either way, they'll talk to me when they want to talk to me. They're entitled to spend their time on MFC how they want. I -usually- have other people in my room I can talk to. :)

housewifeswag said:
OK, wait... do we treat this thread as a "things we wish MFC had" thread, or as one about PokerBabe's suggestion...?
I get confused when people make "clickbait" thread titles. :/ Now I don't know if this thread is supposed to be about her suggestion (the icon next to a member's name when they're in a private), or about listing what we wish MFC would have.
yeah I think it's about her thing I just threw that out there. sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: LilyMarie
Personally I've always been open to getting PM's from anyone. If people didn't want to get a PM from models, there's options available to them. They could activate their away setting for a while. Or they could just not accept them from models at all. So I've always been of the mindset if they didn't want to get a message from someone they have the power to do something about it themselves.

If you can PM me and it doesn't tell you I'm not currently accepting them, then it's okay to PM me.

Truth be told one of the nicest moments I've ever had on mfc was due to an unexpected PM from a model. It was my birthday and had no phone calls from any family, no recognition of it at all from anyone. One of the top 20 models, at that time, PM'd me to wish me a happy birthday and chat with me for a while. I honestly don't even remember mentioning to her when my birthday was. Evidently i had said something about it the year before and she remembered or put it in a calendar. Meant a lot to me.

I wish MFC had a reminder that would pop up for viewers watching as guest or basic every 15min or so. This would just be an annoyance and possibly a reason to go ahead and upgrade to premium. I worked on a new site a few years ago that had this and models could control how often the reminder went out to non-members viewing her room. I liked it because I could leave it open most of the time I was on cam but when it was show time I could set the reminder to pop up every 2min! :evil:

On highly unrelated note... speaking of interrupting privates... I was once in a private with a dude who wanted to c2c and was on his phone texting the whole time. And I was like: 'Hello! Vagina! Here! On your screen.... you're paying... No?' :mrgreen: (lasted for about 20 mins actually :lol: )

I agree with what the other members in this thread have said. A simple PM saying hi and asking how I'm doing has never bothered me. In fact it's always been the opposite. There are specific models that message me every so often and I actually really enjoy that about them. The idea of getting annoyed at a PM seems incredibly foreign to me.

Members aren't like models and we don't get people constantly trying to contact us and demand our attention. From my perspective it's always nice to hear from someone whose company I enjoy. Anytime I've got a message from someone I didn't know or particularly like I just promptly ignored it and went on with my life, costing me less then a second of my time. While those that I do like, it's nice to know they care enough to spend a few seconds to send that message.

Really, how much money is someone losing by reading a simple PM? They can easily ignore it and reply later. I'd FAR rather not broadcast that I'm in a private with a model for various reasons.

Maybe I'm just the weird one and enjoy "clingy" models more? :-D

This is so interesting! I'm also in the "Never PM Members If They're Not in My Room" camp! I feel like it's just good manners! In the same vein, I also never say hello to a member first when they come into my room because I know that so many members HATE that. For both situations, there are plenty of members who enjoy getting PMs whenever and like being said hi to first. It puts us in such a sticky situation sometimes because I wonder how many of you who like it feel like we are being less attentive or less friendly by not doing it. I might know certain people who I remember it's ok with, but in general that is just my rule for everyone. I don't ever want to take the chance and guess that someone is cool with those things, so unless we've discussed it, it's not happening.

Do you guys feel like you get a bad impression from a model if she doesn't do those kinds of things?

KayleePond said:
This is so interesting! I'm also in the "Never PM Members If They're Not in My Room" camp! I feel like it's just good manners! In the same vein, I also never say hello to a member first when they come into my room because I know that so many members HATE that. For both situations, there are plenty of members who enjoy getting PMs whenever and like being said hi to first. It puts us in such a sticky situation sometimes because I wonder how many of you who like it feel like we are being less attentive or less friendly by not doing it. I might know certain people who I remember it's ok with, but in general that is just my rule for everyone. I don't ever want to take the chance and guess that someone is cool with those things, so unless we've discussed it, it's not happening.

Do you guys feel like you get a bad impression from a model if she doesn't do those kinds of things?

If the model has 100+ people in the room, it's understandable that they don't say "Hey!" to everyone when they enter, but if you only have 10 or so, it feels very welcoming to hear or read a friendly greeting. Like Norm entering in Cheers.

I also love getting PMs from my camFriends when I log in. Especially the ones that do that even when I have 0 tokens. :lol:

CthulhusSon said:
KayleePond said:

If the model has 100+ people in the room, it's understandable that they don't say "Hey!" to everyone when they enter, but if you only have 10 or so, it feels very welcoming to hear or read a friendly greeting. Like Norm entering in Cheers.

I also love getting PMs from my camFriends when I log in. Especially the ones that do that even when I have 0 tokens. :lol:

This is interesting, thank you for answering!

The "not saying hi" thing is totally unrelated to being busy or having lots of people in the room! It is a totally bizarre fact that MANY MFC members will actually just silently leave the room immediately the instant that you say hello to them by name. It is really the weirdest thing, but anytime I think to myself "Oh this is stupid, I'll just say hi!" It really never seems to fail and the person is instantly gone. I always say hello to the group first, but never call out individual names unless they're my regulars. Even then, I'm cautious and usually wait for them to type in the room first. Sometimes people just want to lay low and watch quietly and don't want to be brought into the spotlight.

I wonder if we, as models, overthink the PM thing a bit?(Then again we've had threads of members saying they'll leave if a girl does/doesn't PM them or say hi immediately so I suppose it's good to think about these things!) I don't think there is a standard or it needs to be seen as poor manners, although I've definitely hesitated to PM first for fear of being thought of as a poacher (what if he's in Model X's room and would've stayed but my siren call lures him away), or clingy.

But at the same time, I think saying hi is okay? I get on MFC so infrequently that if I see someone I haven't talked to in a while, I like to say "hey, haven't chatted in ages, hope all is well" and I can't imagine how that'd be seen as annoying /rude, by anyone. I guess it's hard because you never know someone else's intentions but saying hello seems pretty harmless, and easy to ignore if you don't want to reply.

It's interesting how nuanced and complex something as simple as greeting a friend becomes, in the context of a camsite :lol:

I'm guessing most models would use the notification to be polite but I suspect enough would use it to be possessive that it would quickly become an unpopular feature. The reality is that if I'm in a private, I'll likely reply after the private is finished. I'm not gonna find it rude that I was messaged but I'm likely to be a bit distracted at that moment. Or the much more likely reason I don't reply is that I left the MFC homepage open in a tab and forgot.

I enjoy getting random hello PMs from models to be nice. But what I dread is the Hello PM that has a Hello, a bit of how are you and then 'You should take me private, it's slow right now'. And I suspect a lot member pushback on being PM'd outside the room comes from experiences like that. So for a lot of members it's probably gonna be a case by case basis. I do very much prefer to be greeted on entering a room, and particularly if I'm a reg. I have to say I find the guys who bail when a model says hi to be a little weird.

KayleePond said:
CthulhusSon said:
KayleePond said:

The "not saying hi" thing is totally unrelated to being busy or having lots of people in the room! It is a totally bizarre fact that MANY MFC members will actually just silently leave the room immediately the instant that you say hello to them by name. It is really the weirdest thing, but anytime I think to myself "Oh this is stupid, I'll just say hi!" It really never seems to fail and the person is instantly gone. I always say hello to the group first, but never call out individual names unless they're my regulars. Even then, I'm cautious and usually wait for them to type in the room first. Sometimes people just want to lay low and watch quietly and don't want to be brought into the spotlight.

I know I personally HATE being called out on my prem account. I usually sit back silently for about 10-15 minutes before I can decide whether or not the model is my type and THEN I will start talking in her room. By calling me out it's putting me on the spot to decide right that very second. It makes me feel like I either have to engage immediately, ignore her and feel awkward, or just leave.

I Pm friends. I tend to do it moreso when im off cam - and try to phrase any pming i do when im on cam, as very much a no -pressure hello..which is what it is intended as. I just want to catch up/say hi.

I've never had any negative feedback except once..

There was one guy i was hesitant to pm because he hadn't been around in a long time. I saw him online and thought "fuck it, ill say hello" sent him a carefully worded hello just saying i hoped everything was good, I had noticed he was busy etc a lot and didn't want to bother him but that I was worried and hoped he was ok.

He wrote back that he'd been busy etc... and then had felt awkward coming back/saying hello because he felt like he'd let me down by not being around (which is silly)

Basically - i broke the ice for him. He came back to my room not long after, and seems to be enjoying himself again.

On the "saying hi" to members note - I sometimes will say "hey ive noticed a whole bunch of new names in my room tonight! If you're shy thats ok, but if you feel like saying hello, Please feel free to, even if you're not tipping I'd love to chat to you!"

On track with the thread tho - I wish MFC would make an 'always on top' option for the PM/cam watching window.

hontom said:
I'm guessing most models would use the notification to be polite but I suspect enough would use it to be possessive that it would quickly become an unpopular feature. The reality is that if I'm in a private, I'll likely reply after the private is finished. I'm not gonna find it rude that I was messaged but I'm likely to be a bit distracted at that moment. Or the much more likely reason I don't reply is that I left the MFC homepage open in a tab and forgot.

I enjoy getting random hello PMs from models to be nice. But what I dread is the Hello PM that has a Hello, a bit of how are you and then 'You should take me private, it's slow right now'. And I suspect a lot member pushback on being PM'd outside the room comes from experiences like that. So for a lot of members it's probably gonna be a case by case basis. I do very much prefer to be greeted on entering a room, and particularly if I'm a reg. I have to say I find the guys who bail when a model says hi to be a little weird.
I couldn't agree more with this, both as a member of the site and a model. This feature would be more trouble than helpful due to the amount of jealous models on the site. It's a privacy issue for the members. Not good.

And there's no going about a "Hey, it's slow give me tokens" PM without coming off completely classless and desperate. But we know it happens all the time (maybe not verbatim) due to so many members posting as such here.

But it's nice getting a sweet greeting PM from an old model friend when I log on premium, and I do it as a model to people I see online whom I haven't spoken to in a bit, just to check in. If anyone was to think I was being rude if I did that, they likely aren't the type of person I'd care to let reside on my friend list.

Oh wow. I didn't realize that most models didn't PM first! I almost ALWAYS say hello to almost all of my regulars every time I get on! And we usually have a great chat even if they don't come into my room! I don't think I've ever had a negative experience. Sometimes people don't respond and I assume they're hanging out with another model/in a private/etc, but that's fine.

I also greet pretty much everyone who comes into my room. Huh. Maybe I'm too outgoing?!

AerynShade said:
What if they just didn't show as being online while in private?

You'd get the jealous models freaking out if someone logged off then on. Also I suspect it might actual break the way certain windows work with MFC. I'd love the more powerful features sets that you see with IM systems but I'm guessing it would cause some wackiness with MFC's chat system.

WillowJames said:
Oh wow. I didn't realize that most models didn't PM first! I almost ALWAYS say hello to almost all of my regulars every time I get on! And we usually have a great chat even if they don't come into my room! I don't think I've ever had a negative experience. Sometimes people don't respond and I assume they're hanging out with another model/in a private/etc, but that's fine.

I also greet pretty much everyone who comes into my room. Huh. Maybe I'm too outgoing?!

Be you. I like an outgoing model. Other people don't. You won't please all of us.

Reactions: Leon_Omega
This is all very interesting to hear, especially from members' point of view! I don't PM friends if I see they're online, I always thought they would think I was trying to guilt them into coming in my room. I also don't say "hi" immediately when members I know come in my room, unless they're regulars that are there every day- I think some people just feel like lurking and don't want to be called out. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I guess I'm in the minority, as I'd typically prefer not to get PMs if I'm not in that models room. I'd even like an option to be hidden from models if I'm not in their room. I feel an obligation to tip my favorite models when I'm on, sometimes that's not always financially feasible, so if I can't afford to drop extra tokens I'd prefer they not be aware I'm on.

I wish MFC would allow me to add/track ignores while I'm offline the way I can with bans.

KayleePond said:
CthulhusSon said:

This! Every time! Sometimes I'll get in a mood where I welcome people, like I did when I started, but after the 30th person leaves immediately without saying anything, just because you said hi...it gets very disheartening. I mean at least when you work in a store and see a customer come in and you say hi, they at least mutter hi back, while intentionally not making eye contact as they pass you! :lol:

Since this has seemed to become a PM/saying hi thread, I'll weigh in.

I don't mind getting PMs from models when I'm not in their room. I've had some pretty cool conversations that way. But it has to be a model I know and am familiar with. Of course I have mine set to only receive PMs from models on my friends list. So I don't get the totally random PMs.

I only hang with cool models, so they get it. If I don't respond, they know. Any hints of the jealous BS and they're off the friends list. I'm there to have fun.

I don't mind a model saying hi first. Or as some members feel "calling me out". I don't have to respond. Or I may wait a bit. I've been playing long enough to know the game. That's for a model's room I've never been in. For those that I have been, I actually prefer for them to say something first. That means they remember me. And that's an ego thing. I was actually cool enough, or idiotic enough, or whatever for them to remember me.

I don't know, or even pretend to know, how it is on the other side. Just one member's perspective.

It may actually be possible for a model to see if a member is in private.

If a member has a viewable profile, the status field at the top of the page changes to "Private" during a private. For privacy I wish this didn't happen because I was once caught out by a model who I'd made an excuse not to take to private. She later clicked on my profile and found me in private, and sent me a pm. Next time you take a model to private, click on your profile (if you have one) and you'll see what I mean.

I would prefer models friends not to pm me when I'm not in their room - it's very distracting when I'm busy doing other things. The whole thing has got out of hand. As soon as I log on the pms start, and within 10 mins I could have 5 or 6 model friends trying to talk to me. So I usually have to abandon doing whatever I'd planned, answer the pms, excuse myself for not visiting, and then log off for some peace and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.