AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I wish MFC would...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you guys would have like stickers ...

"I'm open to receiving pms anytime from my friends"

"I'd rather be left alone if i'm not visiting you"

Like a Do Not Disturb sign. LOL

(To members who would seriously not like to recieve pms - Please just tell us?? Just be like "hey if i'm online but not actively participating im probably busy and would appreciate it if you would wait till I message you first? I like talking but sometimes get overwhelmed with pms)

Then i know.... and i don't feel weird.

Some dudes get offended when i DONT pm them to say hi for a while. *sigh* *stomp*

Miss_Lollipop said:

We do. In fact we have TWO 'Do Not Disturb signs. No one seems to be able to use them.

Away setting to give all PM people the message...

Or, at the simple click of a mouse, tell all models everywhere I am not available.

This is why I always say if you can PM me, then I am open to getting PM's. People that complain about getting PM's are just too lazy to change their settings, or too lazy to have gone through the settings to have figured out it's an option.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_31_2015 , 8_56_36 AM.png
    Screenshot - 3_31_2015 , 8_56_36 AM.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Screenshot - 3_31_2015 , 8_56_52 AM.png
    Screenshot - 3_31_2015 , 8_56_52 AM.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 441
I'll never have a problem with being PM'd by a model I know, be it through Twitter, this forum or, y'know, my being in their room every once in a while.* In fact, I've liked it nearly every time it happened so far. It's a way for me to keep in touch with you when, for instance, I'm in another room because I can't be everywhere at once. I'd like to, but sadly it's physically impossible. Granted, I might not always reply right away, but even if I see a PM from someone who has long since logged off, I'll a least send a reply because I always appreciate the thought :)

As for the "saying hi" thing... well, the first time I went into the room of the girl I visit most frequently these days, she flat-out admitted that she saw a name she recognized, but was afraid to say hi to in case it would cause me to leave. I still tease her about this sometimes. I mean, I understand that it's a thing that a lot of members do (and I'll never understand why, because if you're that worried about it you may as well just come in as a guest) but I can't help but think of it as being so damn adorable that someone would be afraid to talk to me for any reason.

*: It's even happened a couple of times that a model I'd never spoken to sent me a DM or PM asking me if I was the bunny guy from ACF. That never fails to make my day.

I mean... some members might even get off on the pm thing during a private a little bit no? I can think of at least one person who I've seen typing on cam during a private with me... and then nothing coming though on my end :lol: so obviously talking to someone else at the same time. Which doesn't offend me in the least, and I could picture a particular member or two incorporating it into their fantasy. I mean lots of members have more than one model up at a time.. so who's to say lots of them don't also watch different models at the same time even DURING private shows. Like picture in picture.. but pussy in pussy? :think:

LuckySmiles said:
I mean... some members might even get off on the pm thing during a private a little bit no? I can think of at least one person who I've seen typing on cam during a private with me... and then nothing coming though on my end :lol: so obviously talking to someone else at the same time. Which doesn't offend me in the least, and I could picture a particular member or two incorporating it into their fantasy. I mean lots of members have more than one model up at a time.. so who's to say lots of them don't also watch different models at the same time even DURING private shows. Like picture in picture.. but pussy in pussy? :think:

Was that me? Cause I sorta remember doing that and it really sounds like me. :-D

I know that it wont help for the many, many, MANY members & models who wont see this thread, but hopefully this'll just help us all remember that this seems to be a particularly weird issue and every model will handle it differently!

So if you don't like getting PMs from models when you're outside their rooms or being said hello to before you've had a chance to say hi first, but a model does it, chances are she's trying to be friendly and do something that she thinks you'll like!

And if you feel like it makes you sad that you never get PMs from a certain model unless you're in her room, or like you're being ignored when she doesn't say hi to you first when you come in, chances are she is trying to be respectful and give you your space.

In both scenarios, the model WANTS to do what she thinks will make you happy and comfortable and is doing her best to please you! It's highly likely that the reason she's doing it that way has been thought through and she does it with the hope that it will be our preference. It's just something to keep in mind!

ALSO! I really wanted to stress that I absolutely don't believe that saying hi first or PMing someone if they're not in your room is bad manners! I meant that in my head I worried that it was bad manners and so that was part of why I didn't do it. I always figured that anyone who did it had already worked it out as being totally fine! Checking in on your friends and greeting someone when they enter your space is certainly very polite! I definitely did it at first until I found out that some didn't like it and it spooked me! I certainly think that both ways can be totally great!

a bit beside the point, but i find these added quips quite amusing... :lol:

Well done Amber and hubby ! :clap:

Miss_Lollipop said:
Then i know.... Oh. I never should have shoved all those poor animals up my ass. and i don't feel weird. *sigh* *stomp*
Leon_Omega said:
I still tease her about this sometimes. Let's clear the air. We all know that pigeon was a whore. Raise your hand if you didn't sleep with that pigeon.

JerryBoBerry said:
LuckySmiles said:

Was that me? Cause I sorta remember doing that and it really sounds like me. :-D

haha no I don't think so. I do have some spcific examples in my head but I've noticed it a bunch of times

MORE RANDOM COMMENTS ABOUT GENERAL PM ETIQUETTE

I find this very interesting as a member, because i like to PM people on my friend list, and like getting PMs from my friends… I know, shocking news for anyone who knows me. 95% of the time it's just to say hello, or ask how their day was, or ask a question. Occasionally if there's something cool going on in a model's room that I know we both frequent I might PM to ask if they plan on checking it out. Or if someone isn't on/doesn't check/I don't know their Twitter, I might PM to share cool Internet things.

When I was new, I'd get TONS of PMs from random people (who I didn't see in the rooms I'd been in) or people who were lurking in the room I was in, and it never felt weird to me. 99% were "hey" or "you like (fill in model name, usually one i was watching)". Only 2 or 3 times ever did I get random PMs that were unwelcome. Now I only occasionally get rando PMs and it's usually to ask how to do something on MFC. I know the member-member and member-model dynamic is totally different, but I'm a little comforted to see that the etiquette rules are fuzzy for everyone.

There was only one time I've EVER gotten an unwelcome PM from a model. (Names withheld to protect the innocent). There was an Eastern European model on her model account in another model's room who was basically PMing anyone who talked/tipped with some sob story asking us to visit her room. A similar thing happened another time but with MFCmail. I think the only reason that even felt so inappropriate was using a prewritten form letter, not reading responses, and (most importantly) specifically targeting people in another model's room.

To end on a happy note, the best random model PM I ever got: (names still withheld to protect the incredibly sweet). I had been feeling really upset and frustrated and tweeted a few thing to that regard. I had also forgotten to log out of MFC. All of a sudden I hear a PM noise and see a model PM "hug." I didn't reply because crazy-non-reasons. The next day, still bad feels, same model PMed "kiss on nose" but I didn't see it before she logged off. Day 3 I'm feeling better and I send a PM to thank her for being so nice when I was down. Turns out she didn't see my tweets and was just being nice for no reason.
KristenBellSlothCrying.gif

MsDonkey said:
MORE RANDOM COMMENTS ABOUT GENERAL PM ETIQUETTE

I find this very interesting as a member, because i like to PM people on my friend list, and like getting PMs from my friends… I know, shocking news for anyone who knows me. 95% of the time it's just to say hello, or ask how their day was, or ask a question. Occasionally if there's something cool going on in a model's room that I know we both frequent I might PM to ask if they plan on checking it out. Or if someone isn't on/doesn't check/I don't know their Twitter, I might PM to share cool Internet things.

When I was new, I'd get TONS of PMs from random people (who I didn't see in the rooms I'd been in) or people who were lurking in the room I was in, and it never felt weird to me. 99% were "hey" or "you like (fill in model name, usually one i was watching)". Only 2 or 3 times ever did I get random PMs that were unwelcome. Now I only occasionally get rando PMs and it's usually to ask how to do something on MFC. I know the member-member and member-model dynamic is totally different, but I'm a little comforted to see that the etiquette rules are fuzzy for everyone.

There was only one time I've EVER gotten an unwelcome PM from a model. (Names withheld to protect the innocent). There was an Eastern European model on her model account in another model's room who was basically PMing anyone who talked/tipped with some sob story asking us to visit her room. A similar thing happened another time but with MFCmail. I think the only reason that even felt so inappropriate was using a prewritten form letter, not reading responses, and (most importantly) specifically targeting people in another model's room.

To end on a happy note, the best random model PM I ever got: (names still withheld to protect the incredibly sweet). I had been feeling really upset and frustrated and tweeted a few thing to that regard. I had also forgotten to log out of MFC. All of a sudden I hear a PM noise and see a model PM "hug." I didn't reply because crazy-non-reasons. The next day, still bad feels, same model PMed "kiss on nose" but I didn't see it before she logged off. Day 3 I'm feeling better and I send a PM to thank her for being so nice when I was down. Turns out she didn't see my tweets and was just being nice for no reason.
KristenBellSlothCrying.gif

Now this post is readable for everyone! :thumbleft:
Please don't use a light pink font on a forum that has a light grey or pink background, depending on the user's settings.

JerryBoBerry said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

We do. In fact we have TWO 'Do Not Disturb signs. No one seems to be able to use them.

Away setting to give all PM people the message...

Or, at the simple click of a mouse, tell all models everywhere I am not available.

This is why I always say if you can PM me, then I am open to getting PM's. People that complain about getting PM's are just too lazy to change their settings, or too lazy to have gone through the settings to have figured out it's an option.

Except both of those options are kinda shit if you're there to talk to a specific model, and want to use PM without being disturbed by other models who are probably on your friends list.

Most of these issues could be easily solved if MFC had a sort of "incognito" mode, where you can communicate just fine through pm, and are visible in models' rooms, but don't appear as active on friends lists. I saw the exact suggestion brought up on their Reddit ad before, and I was shocked and kinda angered by the reply it got from the rep. No, I don't want to make a second account, thanks. I've put a lot of time and energy and money into the account I already have, and shouldn't have to sign out, just to lurk once in awhile.

GenXoxo said:
I wonder if we, as models, overthink the PM thing a bit?(Then again we've had threads of members saying they'll leave if a girl does/doesn't PM them or say hi immediately so I suppose it's good to think about these things!) I don't think there is a standard or it needs to be seen as poor manners, although I've definitely hesitated to PM first for fear of being thought of as a poacher (what if he's in Model X's room and would've stayed but my siren call lures him away), or clingy.

But at the same time, I think saying hi is okay? I get on MFC so infrequently that if I see someone I haven't talked to in a while, I like to say "hey, haven't chatted in ages, hope all is well" and I can't imagine how that'd be seen as annoying /rude, by anyone. I guess it's hard because you never know someone else's intentions but saying hello seems pretty harmless, and easy to ignore if you don't want to reply.

It's interesting how nuanced and complex something as simple as greeting a friend becomes, in the context of a camsite :lol:

The great thing with getting PMs from friends is that I don't need to leave the room I'm currently in to chat with them. So your poaching worries might not be warranted. If I want to be in someone's room, I'll open another tab and visit them there (often have 3-6 tabs open with PMs and rooms at the same time).

Reactions: Gen
I don't know if this makes me a dick, but if I get PMs from a model whose room I am not currently in, I tend to just ignore them, unless she is a really close friend of mine.

:twocents-02cents:

KayleePond said:
This is so interesting! I'm also in the "Never PM Members If They're Not in My Room" camp! I feel like it's just good manners! In the same vein, I also never say hello to a member first when they come into my room because I know that so many members HATE that. For both situations, there are plenty of members who enjoy getting PMs whenever and like being said hi to first. It puts us in such a sticky situation sometimes because I wonder how many of you who like it feel like we are being less attentive or less friendly by not doing it. I might know certain people who I remember it's ok with, but in general that is just my rule for everyone. I don't ever want to take the chance and guess that someone is cool with those things, so unless we've discussed it, it's not happening.

Do you guys feel like you get a bad impression from a model if she doesn't do those kinds of things?

If a model wants to be real friends, then she can PM me whenever she needs too. Even if I am "busy", for really important things. If she just sees me as a source of tokies I would rather she would not.

I am fine with models not wanting to be friends with me, but she is going to be held to the same standards I hold other businesses. Random spammy PMs are as annoying as emails from my bank, but worse due to the way the PMs can interact with my depression sometimes.

One thing models can do is send out a message in their newsfeed inviting members who follow them to send her a PM if they feel like chatting. That's a little less intrusive than a PM, but will still let members know that they don't have to feel guilty about interrupting.

Sevrin said:
One thing models can do is send out a message in their newsfeed inviting members who follow them to send her a PM if they feel like chatting. That's a little less intrusive than a PM, but will still let members know that they don't have to feel guilty about interrupting.

I actually find the news feed way more annoying, its so intrusive and fills up the middle of the chat window, id rather MFC moved them to appear somewhere else, I dont want to totally hide it but somewhere less obvious would be nice I think.

As far as PMs go I never mind getting one but I dont like being called out as soon as I enter a room if its a room I havent been into before if its one Im in a lot then its fine and also I'll be expecting it to happen.

fandango said:
Sevrin said:

I actually find the news feed way more annoying, its so intrusive and fills up the middle of the chat window, id rather MFC moved them to appear somewhere else, I dont want to totally hide it but somewhere less obvious would be nice I think.

You can customize where you see them and who from. In the newsfeeds section you have the options there. And even if you leave some of them checked you can still put individual models on ignore there. That won't ignore the model herself, just her newsfeeds from showing anywhere. If you uncheck everything then feeds will only appear in the main newsfeed area. You would have to go there to see them.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_2_2015 , 5_58_35 PM.png
    Screenshot - 4_2_2015 , 5_58_35 PM.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot - 4_2_2015 , 6_01_29 PM.png
    Screenshot - 4_2_2015 , 6_01_29 PM.png
    59 KB · Views: 229
KayleePond said:
This is so interesting! I'm also in the "Never PM Members If They're Not in My Room" camp! I feel like it's just good manners! In the same vein, I also never say hello to a member first when they come into my room because I know that so many members HATE that. For both situations, there are plenty of members who enjoy getting PMs whenever and like being said hi to first. It puts us in such a sticky situation sometimes because I wonder how many of you who like it feel like we are being less attentive or less friendly by not doing it. I might know certain people who I remember it's ok with, but in general that is just my rule for everyone. I don't ever want to take the chance and guess that someone is cool with those things, so unless we've discussed it, it's not happening.

Do you guys feel like you get a bad impression from a model if she doesn't do those kinds of things?

I think it's always wise to err on the side of caution. For me personally, I don't get many outside PMs in general. (I could possibly have the MFC PM plague). I'm a bit of a weirdo, since it really depends. If I don't know you very well, a random PM may have me feeling a tad suspicious as to why I'm getting said PM (I'm naturally this way), but I guess it could depend on the nature of the PM too. If I'm in a private, I'd just ignore the PM. If I know you really well, then I'd have no problem with a random out of the blue PM, It'd be pretty nice actually.

I'm also in the camp of members using the PM settings to maximum effect. If PMs bother you, use the settings, they're really easy to figure out.

This is a great topic. I am actually a huge fan of models pming me. I don't like initiating pm conversations in a models room while she is working. I don't want to be a distraction to what she is doing. 99% of the things I have to say can be said in chat or in a tip note. If a model initiates the conversation though I know at that time she is open too it and I will talk in pms for a bit.

I also like them because you can separate the models that really just want to talk to you from the ones just pming to get tokens. I mean I understand it's a job and always somewhat about the tokens but there are good and bad ways to go about it. I am always more likely to spend more on the girls that will chat for a bit in pms then the ones that just say hi and if you don't immediately come to their room they stop pming. If a girl is nice enough to chat for a bit I always make sure to save some tokens for her the next time I have some if I don't have any at the time.

If I get a pm during a private it doesn't bother me I just don't respond until the private is over. I had one model go a bit nuts on me because I didn't respond right away and I thank her for that because I learned really fast I didn't want to go back to her room.

tldr version: pms good, fire bad.

I personally can't fathom why a member would upset by a PM from a model, even in a private. You can either ignore, or take <10 seconds, and say "sorry busy now". Unless of course it was a poaching PM. Up until fairly recently MFC was one of 6+ window I had open nearly 24x7, I was always enjoyed getting a PM from a model, I know. This is true even if it was to subtlety say I'm on cam, or I'm getting on cam, a girl has to make a living..

JoBerryBob has once again identified features of MFC, that I didn't know about, which give users lots of options. So I don't see a need for the automatic feature, and the potential issues with jealous are worth considering..

JerryBoBerry said:
You can customize...

As someone who is still learning his way around MFC, a sincere thanks for your last few comments.

I feel like intentions of the PM'er at hand become pretty clear pretty quickly. From the model side of things I keep my PM's open and don't charge for my friends list, I only add people as friends who've contributed tokens at some point and left a positive impression to me. (not like everyone who tips or goes private or even tips and is just nice. Like a genuine impression of some sort)

That said, I get a lot of rand-o PM's from them being open but nothing too crazy. And I can tell the difference in a line or two if it's someone who's just genuinely a bit shy about speaking in public and/or wants to know what I do or don't, vs. someone who just wants to talk about their dick fo free's. Buy me some skittles or something first dang.

As an unashamed occasional PM initiater, I only PM people I've gotten along with, and out of the blue when I haven't noticed them on the same time as me recently. If I don't have as much of a history with them and they don't respond I usually take them off the friend's list, not maliciously, just like "oh... see you're not the PMing type" (I don't say that) remove. That's also why I leave PM's open though in case someone I haven't chatted with in a while and removed off the friend's list PM's me.. I want them to feel they can, I don't mind.

As a member I've been logged in my premium account before and instantly received PM's from models I didn't know just for stepping foot into a room felt super weird. THAT I can understand, that feels awkward as hell and I'd run like the wind. You don't knowww meee.. I was surprised to know people did that.. and like several of them.

But as a model I'd never feel offended or slighted if a PM was ignored... And I wouldn't assume a member thought ill of me if I PM'd them out of the blue either. Impossible! :-D
Plus my hours can get erratic or I go on mini hiatuses from time to time so for me a rando PM is more part of in case you've wondering where I've been... I still exist.. how are you.. thing... if not I'll be over here... it's cool... just letting you know. :-D For rando PM's 99% of the time that's my intention. Unless you're jerryboberry. then it's purely malicious. :bootyshake:

justjoinedtopost said:
JerryBoBerry said:
You can customize...

As someone who is still learning his way around MFC, a sincere thanks for your last few comments.

We joke and gripe about mfc not having stuff we'd like, and wish for many more things. But when you start clicking on all the links to see what's there, the site really has put a lot of options into it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably has more options available to models and members both than any other site out there. That's not to say it's better or it still couldn't be better itself. Just that honestly looking at it they really have done quite a bit.

But settings is kind of just fluff to distract people from the main thing they are lacking. To me the biggest thing they need to work on is the 'HD' issue. The actual quality of the stream is atrocious compared to most of the other tops sites. If they could make the video a real HD quality instead of just calling it HD, that would be awesome.

JerryBoBerry said:
To me the biggest thing they need to work on is the 'HD' issue.

With this in mind, is having severe framerate drop a known issue when entering group shows? Or is it just me? I have had to back out of 2 or 3 now. Public is fine, but group...

JerryBoBerry said:
To me the biggest thing they need to work on is the 'HD' issue. The actual quality of the stream is atrocious compared to most of the other tops sites. If they could make the video a real HD quality instead of just calling it HD, that would be awesome.

First off I want to say thank you for the info a few posts above. Really helpful and after having a little play around in all those options discovered loads of other things too.

And totally agree about the HD issue, I guess it all comes down to money at the end of the day 1-2k models constantly being streamed to however many hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions of viewers at a time in proper HD would probably send their bandwidth bills soaring and since they are already the most popular site they probably see no reason to do it.

JerryBoBerry said:
justjoinedtopost said:
JerryBoBerry said:
You can customize...

We joke and gripe about mfc not having stuff we'd like, and wish for many more things. But when you start clicking on all the links to see what's there, the site really has put a lot of options into it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably has more options available to models and members both than any other site out there. That's not to say it's better or it still couldn't be better itself. Just that honestly looking at it they really have done quite a bit.

But settings is kind of just fluff to distract people from the main thing they are lacking. To me the biggest thing they need to work on is the 'HD' issue. The actual quality of the stream is atrocious compared to most of the other tops sites. If they could make the video a real HD quality instead of just calling it HD, that would be awesome.

I pretty much agree with you, it does have a lot features. The design is really old school and it makes finding stuff hard, so that's mostly a fault of the design. For things I did care about privacy I did poke around I find what I was looking for, but I often have been made aware of features via the forum from people like you, so thanks.

To me the top priority for MFC is to convert a higher percentage of freeloaders and 0/20 premium into true paying members, but a decent stream is a close second.

Let me be signed in as a model but hidden from the premiums. Sometimes I want to be signed in so I can send videos while watching other models without half my friends list saying, "hey u cumin on?" and "My cock is so hard right now, talk dirty to me."

Let me be signed in as a model but hidden from the premiums. Sometimes I want to be signed in so I can send videos while watching other models without half my friends list saying, "hey u cumin on?" and "My cock is so hard right now, talk dirty to me."

I would like something like this too. Also something like auto-hide after being on the homepage but not doing anything for 30 minutes. Sometimes I leave the main page open accidentally.

Reactions: weirdbr
Status
Not open for further replies.