AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I wonder, do models ever consider how they are perceived by their audience as opposed to how they intend to be perceived?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you but I have no way of targeting my questions. I don't understand why any successful model would be upset by such a question or assume it was an attack on them. I have no alternative but to simply put the question out there. You seem to understand what I am doing. I truly appreciate your advice. You have given me much to think about.

I don't understand why any successful model would be upset by such a question or assume it was an attack on them.
It's annoying when someone seems to assume we do not know wtf we are doing. In any job, not just camming.

I’m really not that unique among models. There are tons of book smart people that cam but there’s also street smarts that I think are even more effective.

Of course you can ask questions on a forum. I was referring to not pestering a working cam model and telling her that you think her show isn’t what she thought she was trying to portray. That’s where I said unless solicited to just enjoy the room.

Camming is intuitive. You simply try to find the best idea you think will work and then tweak as you go. Knowing cash flows, HR, and accounting doesn’t help you on cam. Helps with taxes. So you saying you have tons of business experience means jack shit. Knowing I need to hit x amount of money a month or a day influences how I cam. I would take the advise of a cam girl with high school or lower education that has been successful for years over the advise of a graduate degree any day. She’s survived and thrived. You’re so far just using conjecture with no real life application.
I appreciate your taking the time, I really do. But just so we are clear I have not nor would I ever suggest telling a working cam model anything critical. I was only wondering how they gauge if what they are doing is optimal. Yes, experience is most valuable. My Father always taught me that you go to college to gain knowledge but true wisdom only comes from experience. To me, each and every cam model is their own small business. It would be best for them to see it that way, providing they are in it for necessary income rather than just playing. It is not my intent to impose anything on anyone. My best wishes for your continued success!

Pretty sure every model that has made it past 2 months considers camming to be a business.
I disagree. IMO-most models see it as a job. It isn't a job it is an actual business and the model is the sole proprietor. It is a different mindset and an important distinction.

I appreciate your taking the time, I really do. But just so we are clear I have not nor would I ever suggest telling a working cam model anything critical.

But you do. You said so in the OP...

Often, I will see a model doing something, and I kind of know what her intentions are but it just isn't working. I work as a Room Mod for a model whom I am close friends with and I can PM her to let her know when this is happening.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I love when we are looked down on and as if we are stupid and need someone to hold our hands.

For someone so concerned about his perceptions of models, he doesn’t seem to care about our perceptions of his intentions and comments.

Really don’t think OP understands the arrogance that comes through his posts in the way he says things. I went on a date with a guy who had way too many doctorates and had no idea how his conversation was offensive when he constantly put down others because he thought he was so much wiser. He was shocked when I turned down a second date.

I disagree. IMO-most models see it as a job. It isn't a job it is an actual business and the model is the sole proprietor. It is a different mindset and an important distinction.

Yes in your opinion. I’m willing to bet that myself and the other actual models on here will disagree with you on that.

In a job you report to others. You have assignments to do and a boss who signs off on your checks and micro manages you. We have none of that in camming. There’s no sick pay. If we don’t work our business we don’t make our money. If we slack off our business dies.

Maybe a “job” is the mindset of someone who works in a studio. There’s a huge difference in mindset between an independent model and a studio model. Independents have to do EVERYTHING from marketing to tech to having an amazing show day after day.

But you do. You said so in the OP...
Yes, but she wants me to. It is why she asked me to be her Room Mod. We are friends in the real world, too. My point is she has this method such as it is. I was simply wondering if other Models have a method to gauge how well they are being perceived. I don't tell any other model my opinion of her work. Why would I? If she wanted my opinion she would ask me. If you read what I wrote, I say I sometimes see what a model is intending but I don't think it is working. I don't freaking tell her that! Jeez! I only tell my Model because that is what works best for her. For instance, sometimes she will come up with a really good idea that doesn't get an immediate response and gets discouraged. I may encourage her not to abandon it because it really will work if she gives it more time. Other times, it is the opposite. It could be anything really. A bad camera angle, something distracting in the room, whatever. She relies on me for immediate feedback from the customers POV. Sometimes she chooses to act on it, sometimes she doesn't. It is her show.

In a job you report to others. You have assignments to do and a boss who signs off on your checks and micro manages you. We have none of that in camming. There’s no sick pay. If we don’t work our business we don’t make our money. If we slack off our business dies.
That is exactly right.

Maybe a “job” is the mindset of someone who works in a studio. There’s a huge difference in mindset between an independent model and a studio model. Independents have to do EVERYTHING from marketing to tech to having an amazing show day after day.
Another valid point! Well said. That is why I was wondering if and how they evaluate how their efforts are being perceived. It is important to know that. I never said they must do that or even they are not doing that. I simply asked if they do that and if they do, by what method.

Since you constantly avoid my question I will consider you guy number 132, who tries to analyze the behavior of an (Eastern European) studio model to "help". Read in one of the thousand threads here about it.
Since you constantly avoid my question I will consider you guy number 132, who tries to analyze the behavior of an (Eastern European) studio model to "help". Read in one of the thousand threads here about it.
My apologies. I wasn't aware I avoided your question. Please ask it again and I will be happy to do my best to provide an answer....and I won't make any snarky remarks.

I absolutely love it when a member comes in and tells me, as a model, how my coworkers and I think and feel and view the world. It sure feels great, man. And it's totally not condescending at all. Nope.

Did we just get mansplained on how to conduct ourselves as a cam model?? Or is it viewersplained... damn. I want a banana with a words of condescending trite written on it now.

Just keep digging

I really feel like banging my head on a wall. The majority of people on this forum are independent models (at least from what I’ve seen) so the mindset is that we own and control everything.

It's totally a part of the business model of a LOT of studios that the models ARE helpless to attract guys like you. There are hundreds of threads about it here. I think it worked perfectly yet again.
You are entitled to your opinion on this matter.

I really feel like banging my head on a wall. The majority of people on this forum are independent models (at least from what I’ve seen) so the mindset is that we own and control everything.
Again thank you for letting me know. I had no way of knowing whether models here are independent or not. But I still believe my question was worth asking.

Did we just get mansplained on how to conduct ourselves as a cam model?? Or is it viewersplained... damn. I want a banana with a words of condescending trite written on it now.

Just keep digging
Not from me you haven't. I was simply discussing business issues.

I only tell my Model because that is what works best for her. For instance, sometimes she will come up with a really good idea that doesn't get an immediate response and gets discouraged. I may encourage her not to abandon it because it really will work if she gives it more time. Other times, it is the opposite. It could be anything really. A bad camera angle, something distracting in the room, whatever. She relies on me for immediate feedback from the customers POV. Sometimes she chooses to act on it, sometimes she doesn't. It is her show.

holy controlly batman. the fact that she isn't capable of doing this herself, because it isn't that difficult, is either a hustle to make you feel special or she is waaay to codependent.

if she is a studio EE model, then it's totally a hustle. i just read a thread on an EE cammodel forum how to act helpless because westerns love saving hos.

holy controlly batman. the fact that she isn't capable of doing this herself, because it isn't that difficult, is either a hustle to make you feel special or she is waaay to codependent.

if she is a studio EE model, then it's totally a hustle. i just read a thread on an EE cammodel forum how to act helpless because westerns love saving hos.
I will not allow anyone to speak negatively about a friend of mine. She is an independent model. The I will not speak about it any further for her personal privacy. This has gotten so far off the track that I doubt there is any point in continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.