AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I wonder, do models ever consider how they are perceived by their audience as opposed to how they intend to be perceived?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will not allow anyone to speak negatively about a friend of mine. She is an independent model. The I will not speak about it any further for her personal privacy. This has gotten so far off the track that I doubt there is any point in continuing.

lol you won't allow it? i'm sorry you keep bringing her up as an example to why your argument is valid, you brought her into this. you don't like that im bringing up she is either hustling you or is codependent? i fail to see how my criticism to her behavior is negative, but okay.

also no one has attacked you, drama queen. i thought we were having a business discussion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ps: i am on the floor dying at the "I NEVER SAID SHE WAS A STUDIO MODEL" and he admitted to her being one like over an hour ago.

It seems like you are shocked to learn that the majority of performers don't find enough value in member critiques to accept them in place of payment. Your knowledge on the subject isn't groundbreaking, it's not valuable, and it's not what any performer is hoping to receive when they log on to work.

If your op had just asked “what methods do models use to gauge how well their show is being received?” We wouldn’t be here, 4 pages later.
You are not a good communicator. Your use of words indicates that you think you are but your attempt at sounding sophisticated has just made you sound like a condescending dum dum.
Do over.

To me cam modeling is a bit like how professional wrestling used to be back in the territory days. Wrestlers performed for money in the till and not a pat on the back and so does cam models of today. As an audience our opinion how a model runs her room should count for very little because we don't have any experience in camming. We could gather as much information as possible about camming but as long as we don't have first hand experience our knowledge will be severely lacking and they should not change their way of doing business based on our opinion.

That makes you unique among cam models not typical. Your thinking is already influenced by what you were taught. Most models have no such formal training.

You would be surprised how much formal 'muggle' training models have on their resumes.

This will be difficult to understand as a non-model, but the most succesful models take advice from other models. That is the best training they can seek and get. As far as I know there is not an accredited BA in sex work. If there were such a thing it would be useless - because it would be presented and taught by non-models.

Here is the bottom line, sex workers measure their success by happiness first and $ second. You wax lyrical about how as a 'business man' you believe how members perceive the show is the most important thing to get tips. That is *NOT* even close the most important thing....the model should only do what they are comfortable with aka what makes them happy. If the members in their room perceieve the models happiness differently - they are in the wrong room....

The absolute best advice you can give your friend you are a MOD for (mod....not boss) is to recommend they register as a model on this site and seek advice from other models.

I spend a lot of time studying the interactions between viewers and models as well as between viewers and other viewers. Often, I will see a model doing something, and I kind of know what her intentions are but it just isn't working. I work as a Room Mod for a model whom I am close friends with and I can PM her to let her know when this is happening. I wonder how other models deal with this or if they don't even think about it.

Interesting question,when I cam I try to be as authentic and I hope that’s how I come off. I care a lot about coming across as fair and doing my best to showcase my fantasies while also drawing boundaries as to not mislead anyone. I get positive feedback and ratings 99% of the time so that gives me an idea of how I’ve been received.

Interesting question,when I cam I try to be as authentic and I hope that’s how I come off. I care a lot about coming across as fair and doing my best to showcase my fantasies while also drawing boundaries as to not mislead anyone. I get positive feedback and ratings 99% of the time so that gives me an idea of how I’ve been received.
Thank you for your thoughtful answer.

I'm interested. What rooms do you spend more time in and money on? Rooms that you think could do better or rooms where you would say the girl knows what she's doing and does it well?

That's a good question. I spend most of my time with the Model I Mod for, of course but when not doing that, I have several that I enjoy playing with. When they are not on line and I have time, I like to page through the new Models to see if there is something of interest. People here seem to be under the impression that I go around criticizing models or something like that. I do not. I do notice things, however, and I am sure other viewers do as well. I don't TELL them, though. Sometimes I will look for models that have few viewers and stir things up a bit by cheering her up and tipping. I enjoy chatting with Models who are fun, sexy and have personality. I like to read their profiles if they wrote one and find out what their interests are. Sometimes I go to the rooms of the Top Models just to marvel at how well they have so many aspects of this business mastered.

That's a good question. I spend most of my time with the Model I Mod for, of course but when not doing that, I have several that I enjoy playing with. When they are not on line and I have time, I like to page through the new Models to see if there is something of interest. People here seem to be under the impression that I go around criticizing models or something like that. I do not. I do notice things, however, and I am sure other viewers do as well. I don't TELL them, though. Sometimes I will look for models that have few viewers and stir things up a bit by cheering her up and tipping. I enjoy chatting with Models who are fun, sexy and have personality. I like to read their profiles if they wrote one and find out what their interests are. Sometimes I go to the rooms of the Top Models just to marvel at how well they have so many aspects of this business mastered.

You don't really sound like you've learned anything from this thread at all. It's not about you telling them or criticizing them, it's about thinking you know better and know how to do our job. You think you're qualified to give us advice and we'd be smart to listen, and you not saying it to us is just to be polite. It doesn't sound like your attitude has changed on that.

You don't really sound like you've learned anything from this thread at all. It's not about you telling them or criticizing them, it's about thinking you know better and know how to do our job. You think you're qualified to give us advice and we'd be smart to listen, and you not saying it to us is just to be polite. It doesn't sound like your attitude has changed on that.
I did learn quite a lot, thank you.

The one thing I learned on cam sites. Mods who think they are 'friends' are really just obsessed fanboys who think they know what is 'best' for a broadcaster.
In reality, they don't know a damn thing.

But..... What I do like are broadcasters who are mods for each other and give each other little back and forth advice from time to time.

Every single model here has encountered.

"Mod...Friend"

And everytime we see those together we all think "Oh Crap...Dick pic incoming"

The one thing I learned on cam sites. Mods who think they are 'friends' are really just obsessed fanboys who think they know what is 'best' for a broadcaster.
In reality, they don't know a damn thing.

But..... What I do like are broadcasters who are mods for each other and give each other little back and forth advice from time to time.

It's my opinion that mods are pointless with the use of bots to help maintains your chat. They are only there to make people feel good and that they are important. Get that nice ego boost. We have all seen mods absolutely destroy camrooms or scare away paying members even if their intentions may be good in their eyes.

Anytime a member mention he mods, it's also an eyeroll. Because we all know it doesn't mean anything.

Cammembers who hammer on that they are friends, sure friendships can develop, but cammodels are cammodels first and that friendships more than likely came with a price tag. This is a business friendship. Like how I would become friendly or friends with customers at the grocery store I used to run. Some people would try to get special deals thinking because they are friends or know with the owners' niece.

The one thing I absolutely despise about mods is how they become the center of attention in a room and everyone humps their online leg. Umm. hello? Look at the room name, don't you realize who it belongs to?

I can go on. But it will just show how much of a hatred I have against mods who are pretty much egotistical man children in my eyes.

It's my opinion that mods are pointless with the use of bots to help maintains your chat. They are only there to make people feel good and that they are important. Get that nice ego boost. We have all seen mods absolutely destroy camrooms or scare away paying members even if their intentions may be good in their eyes.

Anytime a member mention he mods, it's also an eyeroll. Because we all know it doesn't mean anything.

Cammembers who hammer on that they are friends, sure friendships can develop, but cammodels are cammodels first and that friendships more than likely came with a price tag. This is a business friendship. Like how I would become friendly or friends with customers at the grocery store I used to run. Some people would try to get special deals thinking because they are friends or know with the owners' niece.

You would be surprised how much formal 'muggle' training models have on their resumes.

This will be difficult to understand as a non-model, but the most succesful models take advice from other models. That is the best training they can seek and get. As far as I know there is not an accredited BA in sex work. If there were such a thing it would be useless - because it would be presented and taught by non-models.

Here is the bottom line, sex workers measure their success by happiness first and $ second. You wax lyrical about how as a 'business man' you believe how members perceive the show is the most important thing to get tips. That is *NOT* even close the most important thing....the model should only do what they are comfortable with aka what makes them happy. If the members in their room perceieve the models happiness differently - they are in the wrong room....

The absolute best advice you can give your friend you are a MOD for (mod....not boss) is to recommend they register as a model on this site and seek advice from other models.

Exactly this. Otherwise, if it was how they were to be perceived by viewers/tippers, all models would be having huge toys shoved up their ass 24/7, butt naked, and squirting 1000x a day whilst calling the guys in their room "son" and dirty talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.