AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Identity theft advice

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2021
Australia
Hi All,

You guys are my only international cohort, so just wondering if anyone has any advice.

My Colombian model friend is currently the victim of identity theft. Somone(s) is using her identity to to order and subscribe to internet and satellite TV services which are then billed to her. The police have told her they can do nothing without knowing the names of the perpetrators(!!) Or that they can't do anything because the victim in the fraud is actually the company providing the services, not her. She has seen a lawyer and they produced some documents that she is supposed to use in some way. But the fact is that this is not stopping the frauds from happening or multiplying, only "cleaning up" after the fact as it were. (And the incidents of fraud in her name *are* continuing/increasing)

Does anyone here have any experience or advice that is relevant to Colombia?

ETA: this is really doing her head in, to the point that she has not been online on SC for a week now.

Hi All,

You guys are my only international cohort, so just wondering if anyone has any advice.

My Colombian model friend is currently the victim of identity theft. Somone(s) is using her identity to to order and subscribe to internet and satellite TV services which are then billed to her. The police have told her they can do nothing without knowing the names of the perpetrators(!!) Or that they can't do anything because the victim in the fraud is actually the company providing the services, not her. She has seen a lawyer and they produced some documents that she is supposed to use in some way. But the fact is that this is not stopping the frauds from happening or multiplying, only "cleaning up" after the fact as it were. (And the incidents of fraud in her name *are* continuing/increasing)

Does anyone here have any experience or advice that is relevant to Colombia?

ETA: this is really doing her head in, to the point that she has not been online on SC for a week now.
What internet company and what satellite company? These are the people she needs to complain to. When the broadband internet people come to your door here they will try to qualify you for the service and if you don't qualify, sometimes offer you their "cousin's" ID to qualify under. It's no different than a random person taking out a Comcast account in your name in the US. I don't know how common it is but I am sure it happens, it happened to me but of course in my case it was a family member, and I was grudgingly OK with it. I don't know what the solution is, probably not the police. (but you know that) I can confirm that sometimes people commit identity theft for that sweet sweet broadband.
On the other hand I can also confirm that models frequently manufacture problems that can only be solved by a quick token purchase or a trip to western union, also over the holidays they tend to family and other real life loved ones to the neglect of their cams customers. It's not uncommon for them to have a personal crisis that just happens to coincide perfectly with a romantic getaway with that gay friend you aren't supposed to worry about. Remember this is the entertainment business and try to remain entertained at all times.

On the other hand I can also confirm that models frequently manufacture problems that can only be solved by a quick token purchase or a trip to western union, also over the holidays they tend to family and other real life loved ones to the neglect of their cams customers. It's not uncommon for them to have a personal crisis that just happens to coincide perfectly with a romantic getaway with that gay friend you aren't supposed to worry about. Remember this is the entertainment business and try to remain entertained at all times.
Yep. At this point I've had so many sudden crises thrown in my face by Colombianas that I'm not going to believe anything, for any reason, no matter how it's presented. If I find myself in a situation where I (temporarily) can't work and earn a living, I'm not going to do the rounds with my customers and have them send me money for old time's sake. I don't know where this idea even comes from.

Yes @Ozzie_, I saw Annie's feed post, and it sounds very close to the situation another Colombian cam model suddenly had in November. She was back on cam a few days after I (and others) indirectly refused to pay her out of the dire straits by ghosting her. I'm not saying you're being lied to, but there's a nonzero chance that you are. Proceed with caution.

Yep. At this point I've had so many sudden crises thrown in my face by Colombianas that I'm not going to believe anything, for any reason, no matter how it's presented. If I find myself in a situation where I (temporarily) can't work and earn a living, I'm not going to do the rounds with my customers and have them send me money for old time's sake. I don't know where this idea even comes from.

Yes @Ozzie_, I saw Annie's feed post, and it sounds very close to the situation another Colombian cam model suddenly had in November. She was back on cam a few days after I (and others) indirectly refused to pay her out of the dire straits by ghosting her. I'm not saying you're being lied to, but there's a nonzero chance that you are. Proceed with caution.

It seems like a lot of ACF members are attracted to those rooms. I think some men are so hypnotized by these beautiful women from foreign places, that they're ready to whip out their wallet as soon as one of these ladies comes to them with a sad story. At the same time, some of those rooms do have things priced a little on the cheaper side, which members are totally loving, I'm sure...and it's probably also attracting rude, demanding, cheap men. Only getting like 100 tokens for a cum show. :confused:

Reactions: Ozzie_
Thanks for the advice and opinions folks.

It is pretty much as I suspected, and as my friend told me. Very little to be done. In Australia there are a number of organisations that could help, including the police, alas that seems to not be the case in Colombia. As the accounts are being opened opened she *is* contacting the companies to advise them it is not her, but that is of course, acting after the fact, not preventing future issues.

As for it being a ruse, I highly doubt it, I have known her for over 3 years, we communicate regularly away from SC, and I consider her a genuine online friend. I am not a lovesick schoolboy and there is definitely no back tattoos in my future :rofl: (but thanks for the warnings in that regard also ;) )

Reactions: yummybrownfox
It seems like a lot of ACF members are attracted to those rooms. I think some men are so hypnotized by these beautiful women from foreign places, that they're ready to whip out their wallet as soon as one of these ladies comes to them with a sad story.

Well, for me, almost all models on SC are foreign. :rofl: Very few Australian models there, and those that are seem *very* "amateur": poor lighting, bad camera, often just sitting on the floor sucking on a bong. This seems to attract a room crowd I do not feel I can be a part of.
At the same time, some of those rooms do have things priced a little on the cheaper side, which members are totally loving, I'm sure...and it's probably also attracting rude, demanding, cheap men. Only getting like 100 tokens for a cum show. :confused:
You are correct I think, in the types who are drawn to such rooms. In my early days I certainly visited such rooms, but I decided quickly that neither the "bargain" nor the "deluxe" end of the spectrum is where I get most enjoyment.

I think some men are so hypnotized by these beautiful women from foreign places, that they're ready to whip out their wallet as soon as one of these ladies comes to them with a sad story.
Yes, and some models are of course fully aware of the fact and use it to their advantage. After requesting/demanding tokens to perform stuff on cam day after day after day "because it's my work", they up the game and request tokens for doing nothing "because it's my work". The weirdness is strong in this one.

Regards,
The Cynical Twat

Yes, and some models are of course fully aware of the fact and use it to their advantage. After requesting/demanding tokens to perform stuff on cam day after day after day "because it's my work", they up the game and request tokens for doing nothing "because it's my work". The weirdness is strong in this one.

Regards,
The Cynical Twat

Yup, and we've warned people on this forum about some of this stuff over and over and over again. So if these members decide to get their wallets out every time a "model friend" hits them up off-cam for money (when they could've said no), that's on them. I'd think after it becomes a pattern with the same model, that a member (who's annoyed by it) would wise up and cut ties with that model? 🤷‍♀️

And of course you already know that if you politely decline a model's request to send her money for whatever this month's "emergency" is, and she reacts (to your no) by cursing you out and/or banning you, you're better off without her...and need to move on to other attractive models who don't behave like that. Way too many cam models out there to be stressing yourself out over one who acts like she's Hilary Banks from The Fresh Prince (*With her hand out* "Daddy, I need $300").

like she's Hilary Banks from The Fresh Prince (*With her hand out* "Daddy, I need $300").
Haha, I probably shouldn't piss all over this thread any more, but that is pretty apt!
I have nothing against spending on cam models in their regular line of business, but sob stories and requests for free money just makes me move on and find someone else to hang out with. Until a sob story from me results in a free cum show in pvt, that's how it's going to be.

And ... I haven't been banned by models I declined wiring money to, but the first one who got a no many moons ago blurted out "So I have been wasting all this time with you!". I guess she had.

If I find myself in a situation where I (temporarily) can't work and earn a living, I'm not going to do the rounds with my customers and have them send me money for old time's sake. .
I agree, I would never hand money to a business in that situation.

But I have in the past, and will again, given money to family and friends who find themselves in dire straits.

Status
Not open for further replies.