AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If a regular of a room can't tip anymore, should they distance their self from the room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57885

Ok, this may be a stupid question that deserves a stupid answer, but I'm a stupid panda, so I'll ask anyway. :haha:

I never really realized it before camsites, but I think I may be a sociable person.. (I can imagine the eyes rolling now, so I'll just say or maybe it's just because I have a decent wallet, am vanilla as hell, and make minimal-requests-at-best in privates.) I also tend to be a regular purple on CB of one, maybe two really small rooms instead of branching out. Maybe the model gets curious, maybe I'm a smooth talker, or maybe it's maybelline, but it gets to a point where even if I say "The budget doesn't allow me to tip for today," I often am still invited to hang out and just chat while the model is online.

However, I'm now saving up for some larger other expenses, which means I basically am not tipping in a room now... period.
Here's my issue, and I'd appreciate a model's perspective on the matter: I don't mind chatting when I can, but I'd feel a little guilty not tipping. If you have/had a member you enjoyed talking to, but the person couldn't tip anymore, would you rather the member...
A.) Ghosted you / left without saying a word? (If so, is it awkward if the member returns? lol)
B.) Was honest, saying "I'm saving up for a big expense, and I can't tip for a long time" (like months)?
C.) Ignored the issue until you showed you had a problem with it?
D.) Something else???

Not a model, But this happens all the time. They will be ok. They will survive.

If you keep going back to a room, you may be tempted to tip. It already sounds like you feel awkward not tipping. It's very easy to talk yourself into tipping, ether because you want to, or feel like you have to, extra. Don't make promises to them about future tips.

You're responsibility is to take care of yourself. If you've been tipping some one for a while, you've probable made a habit out of it. And it can be hard to break habits. The easiest way to break a habit is to change your behavior. Instead of going to a cam site; go for a walk, play a game, extra. Make something else into a new habit. If part of the draw of cam sites is socializing, then maybe look for some other sociable activity.

Here's my issue, and I'd appreciate a model's perspective on the matter: I don't mind chatting when I can, but I'd feel a little guilty not tipping. If you have/had a member you enjoyed talking to, but the person couldn't tip anymore, would you rather the member...
A.) Ghosted you / left without saying a word? (If so, is it awkward if the member returns? lol)
B.) Was honest, saying "I'm saving up for a big expense, and I can't tip for a long time" (like months)?
D.) Something else???

I'm cool with B, and them still visiting me as long as they're chatting with me in my room.

I'm cool with B, and them still visiting me as long as they're chatting with me in my room.
Same, BUT if it's very likely that "long time" might turn into "never again" then I think I'd prefer them to not come to my room again at all (I'd appreciate a good bye and explanation of what's going on, but of course if ghosting is easier/preferable for them that's fine too).

As for ghosting and then returning, I had it happen a few times and it wasn't awkward, I was always happy to see these members back in my room.

If you’re feeling guilty just tell the model you can’t afford it at the moment, she will understand and you will feel better. I never get upset if a regular tipper doesn’t always tip unless they are asking for free stuff and they are purple and haven’t tipped me in weeks.

When I cammed on CB the very worst thing that could happen is having a slow, quiet room. If you are modding and helping her out by keeping the energy up, that's helpful. But demanding PMs or content when you're now essentially a grey is not ok. Also there are people that want to take models pvt but won't if they think she's having an in depth conversation. All in all I'd have no problem with it so long as you'd be able to respect boundaries and understand where you're at. A million greys watch every day and don't say anything (or worse, DO say something that needs mod assistance) so I'd expect with your experience you'd behave better than them.

Even dropping a few bucks every once in a while would feel pretty great and helpful, sure you're not able to drop hundreds of tokens at this time but $5 here and there shouldn't break the bank and will make her happy. There are certain tips that would get the room going nuts and with the right mod you could coordinate and make it go further. So yes, I'd say there is still value you can provide, just don't become a begging grey. It sounds like you already understand the dynamic anyway and feel guilty about not paying her for her time so that is appreciated! Also don't forget, if your model has a wish list and you come into an Amazon gift card, buying her something small from it is a huge token of appreciation too. Thanks for being one of the good ones 😄

I don't have an issue with vanilla chitchatting. But my biggest issue is when people who no longer tip are making sexual comments, asking sexual questions, being overly complimentary, or expecting the same attention.

Idk it's like people who go to a bar to socialize and orders nothing but iced water. Not even a pop. Bit rude. I wouldn't make too much of a habit of going on camsites if you don't have the budget imo.

Idk it's like people who go to a bar to socialize and orders nothing but iced water.

I do this at the karaoke spot I go to once a month (because I don't usually drink). Lol. But I always tip them $3 - $5 for the water. :) If I'm hungry, I'll order the crab cake and tip for that too.

I do this at the karaoke spot I go to once a month (because I don't usually drink). Lol. But I always tip them $3 - $5 for the water. :) If I'm hungry, I'll order the crab cake and tip for that too.

if you are tipping for the service even just ordering ice water, i dont see any problem. and fuck i really want crab cake. D:

I don't have an issue with vanilla chitchatting. But my biggest issue is when people who no longer tip are making sexual comments, asking sexual questions, being overly complimentary, or expecting the same attention.

Idk it's like people who go to a bar to socialize and orders nothing but iced water. Not even a pop. Bit rude. I wouldn't make too much of a habit of going on camsites if you don't have the budget imo.
Tbh, I only vanilla chitchat whether I have tokens or not, so that's no issue there. While I enjoy chatting, it's like chatting on a discord server, or a reddit chat group to me. It wouldn't bother me at all not chatting or leaving CB completely. I know the stereotype for members is going on a camsite to try and fill a deep void (whether sexual, GFE, etc.) but I am pretty content with my life already, so I'm not expecting attention or anything.

From my member's perspective in this situation, I think it can be just sort of hard to get an idea of when someone is talking because they legitimately want to talk, or when it's talking with a clear agenda of talking for tips. After all, it's a pretty small room with the model working graveyard shifts with little sleep (the "camsite grind," to say), so it's often slow. If it's the former, talking without tips is probably ok, but if it's the latter, I wouldn't mind leaving. I was hoping to get models' perspectives on this so I best know how to approach it :)

If you feel you HAVE to mention not being able to tip or tip much.. do it privately. I feel it's unnecessary either way but I HATE when someone says it in public chat because it sets me up for a bad outcome in one way or another regardless of how I respond. If I say "that's OK I understand" it sets the impression to them and to others watching that I don't expect to be compensated for my time and they feel absolved of any guilt for consuming it without tipping even a small amount.
If I say "that's not OK" or ban or boot them it sends the impression to them and everyone watching that I don't appreciate the chatting and company and they are just a walking wallet.
Granted some models absolutely do and more power to them to be purely transactional however that's not how I choose to run my chat and it works for me my way as it works for them their way
Either way it puts me in a bad position and there have been times where I've flat out explained thus out loud to the chat when someone has said it.
As long as you aren't making requests, demands, or expecting the same amount of attention I'm happy to have the added conversation so I think it's best to just not mention it at all.
Just my take on it.

You said you have a decent wallet, and even if you try to safe money for a big spending, I do not see the problem to spend a few tokens sometimes, just to show respect to your favourites models.
I would be happy if one good regular explains me that for the next months he will not be able to tip me as before and I would be grateful to get sometimes a few tokens.
You will be blue and not purple, but it will not means that I will not look at you anymore in the same way as far as you respect my room.

I’m grateful for everyone who supports me, whether by hyping me up and interacting with me in the chat and on social media, or by keeping the show going with tokens and helping me reach goals! We all need to make a living and not having your efforts noticed or time respected can make you feel really unappreciated or discouraged, but I would never pressure someone to tip when they sincerely can’t afford to. I know they’ll give once they can again and I’m always hopeful that my hard work will pay off.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I've dealt with lean budget months by reducing how often I visit. If anything, it made me better appreciate joining the room again when I could.
But I think at least have a discreet chat with the model about your situation, helps explain a change in behaviour, and could lead to you staying if both are comfortable with a temporary arrangement.

You said you have a decent wallet, and even if you try to safe money for a big spending, I do not see the problem to spend a few tokens sometimes, just to show respect to your favourites models.
It is soooooo easy to get carried away though :woot:
Because of the pricing structure, viewers are tempted to buy a larger one off bundle to 'save' a few pennies ..... then with all those tokens in the bank, it's too easy to sprinkle a few around to more and more girls as 'one off' treats :wacky:

Ok, this may be a stupid question that deserves a stupid answer, but I'm a stupid panda, so I'll ask anyway. :haha:

I never really realized it before camsites, but I think I may be a sociable person.. (I can imagine the eyes rolling now, so I'll just say or maybe it's just because I have a decent wallet, am vanilla as hell, and make minimal-requests-at-best in privates.) I also tend to be a regular purple on CB of one, maybe two really small rooms instead of branching out. Maybe the model gets curious, maybe I'm a smooth talker, or maybe it's maybelline, but it gets to a point where even if I say "The budget doesn't allow me to tip for today," I often am still invited to hang out and just chat while the model is online.

However, I'm now saving up for some larger other expenses, which means I basically am not tipping in a room now... period.
D.) Something else???
Always B.
Honesty is the best policy.
Also being active in the room is still helping the model have a good day/night. Trust me, it's so much harder to stay bantering when nobody you know is online.
Also every adult understands that sometimes the budget is tighter than other times.
Worst case scenario the model will say to come back when you have tokens, but I really doubt that would happen.

Reactions: bamdicted
I would say stay away till you have money again. No matter how nice the model might be able out it's creates a unhealthy situation.

1. You can't buy friends and you'll be made aware very quickly in that room as you begin to be put aside for other people who can pay. Nothing worse than confusing friendly with friendship. The model/member relationship is rarely a mutual support dynamic for you to call it friendship.

2. The model will still see you benefitting WHEN goals are met by others, don't make her look at you as a grey with a blue shirt on.

3. If you don't have the money to spend, putting yourself in a place where you might spend money you don't have sounds like a mindfuck of an idea. Like walking into a car dealership when you are bankrupt, why do it to yourself, why make the people that are there to make money spend time on you when you know they are wasting their time doing so?

4. The model in many cases is more missing the income she's not getting that missing you. You might find out how little value you really have in your models 'community' and will just create a more depressing situation than entertaining.

5. If I'm wrong about all the previous 4 reason then WHY would you even want to guilt yourself being in the room? That's not helpful to anybody and I can't imagine it's entertaining in the slightest.

If the model truly misses you while you're gone then better for her to show her positivity when you return ready to spend than to test a business/social relationship needlessly.

D.) Something else???
It would be nice to hear an explanation. Still. I would prefer a vanilla guy stay in chat even if he doesn't tip. Those chatty types make my day. We talk about any and everything until someone tips me to finger my ass or something. Then afterwards, I'm just like "anyway, back to the debate of thin crust vs deep dish pizza..." 😂

What I do is surprise them with gifts or get things from their wishlists. I'm moderate if i can. I join the fan club if it's within my budget I help with their social media campaign and the data analysis involved. I scraped statistic sites such as c b hours . com and process that into comprehensible spreadsheets - complete with charts and graphs sometimes since that was/is my area of professional expertise. (But more because I'm a perverted nerd) But if I'm too busy definitely gifts that are reasonable within my budget range. I don't believe in free anything especially in this industry where so manyattempt to free load and take advantage. I'm also hilarious! yeah I said it I'm f**king the funny as shit. and as someone previously stated, this goes a long way when the day is slow, long or arduous. Hi didn't notice someone mentioned that compliments can be annoying I do give compliments a lot, whether i well-funded or otherwise but not a single compliment I give is for the purpose of some sort of reciprocity. it is deeply genuine. I cannot express that enough. They are expressive and not exaggerative and sometimes they are quite unorthodox and unique but I digress *staying on topic. staying on topic.staying focused.

Last edited:
When I drop in to my local bar, I enjoy several beers and a friendly chat with the bartender and fellow customers. But I would not even think to go and sit in that bar, if I couldn't buy a drink.
So for me, the same expectations apply to cam sites.
But I try to not judge others (not always successfully I admit), for only they know their circumstances.

I couldn't imagine going into a gentleman's club without money in my pocket. End of story.

When I drop in to my local bar, I enjoy several beers and a friendly chat with the bartender and fellow customers. But I would not even think to go and sit in that bar, if I couldn't buy a drink.
But I try to not judge others (not always successfully I admit), for only they know their circumstances.
I'm just curious, if that gentlemen's club and that bar was generally giving away it's product to the public and you were in a tiny percentage that were actually paying, would you revisit them and keep paying for the others' entertainment?

I'm just curious, if that gentlemen's club and that bar was generally giving away it's product to the public and you were in a tiny percentage that were actually paying, would you revisit them and keep paying for the others' entertainment?
It's a good question. If you tip a significant portion of what a model makes in a month (as confirmed by the model) over let's say a week. Is it fair if you stay away for the other 3 weeks, while greys (and others) sit there right through the month and not tip at all (same names there every day) or minimal amounts?

The above is my normal scenario (small rooms, not making lots of tokens). I ask the models what they would like. Some say, "come every day / when you can", while others say. "it's up to you". I prefer to be able to contribute, so if they don't care, I would stay away for most of the month and maybe visit once or twice. Other rooms I will visit multiple times a week, even with no tokens, but the dynamic is different and I normally hover in the background and contribute to the chat as appropriate. No demands (no that I do anyway without a tip).

I actually upset a model the other night when it was just 2 of us in her room and she offered a free private (password show). I turned her down, as I said she had to get paid for it, and a paying member might show up instead. She then promptly logged off!! :((

Let's see.....
Consumer society, everything has a price. I am not wealthy or from a privileged background, but as a kid, my parents passed on a strong value of give and take, not just take. So I choose to tip if I am in a model's room, and not visit if I can't tip; but that is my choice, not a judgement on those who don't.

But to your hypothetical question:
If all bars had always offered free drinks, I would be used to drinking for free (and probably be an alcoholic).
If some bars offered free drinks, but had a clear expectation (via signage and an electronic method of payment) that they should be paid for, then I would choose to buy my drinks (and probably would drink less, and not be an alcoholic).

Back to the original question though:
Cam sites have a clear business model whose intent is to encourage token purchasing, but is obviously still profitable with the current ratio of paying to non-paying members. But more paying members would equal bigger profits - and likely some reinvestment into the site; more bandwidth, server and software upgrades, etc - a better experience for all involved (but including the non-payers).
The issue I see is that the sites allow both unregistered and non-paying members to use the service; that's not the model's decision.
Yes, some will end up becoming paying members, but many will happily use the site for years with zero intention to contribute.
Yes, models can run apps and bots that allow blocking, but unless well-established with a solid follower base, many choose not to auto-block out of concern that it will impact on growing their room and payout.

Again, I choose to tip when I am in a model's room. To me that is expected and absolutely fair. I understand the model only gets a cut, but that's the deal and we both accept it.

I usually use the bar analogy, but I try to have enough to at least buy a beer, might have to nurse it for a long time though

I don't think anyone has said this yet but you can change the colour that your username shows as in Chaturbate, so it appears to the model that you are a modest tipper rather than a big tipper. That way s/he is less likely to waste time flirting with you.

I don't think anyone has said this yet but you can change the colour that your username shows as in Chaturbate, so it appears to the model that you are a modest tipper rather than a big tipper. That way s/he is less likely to waste time flirting with you.
until you start tipping, that is...... so I do not understand why CB even offers this option. If anything it encourages lurking without tips. Hmm

until you start tipping, that is...... so I do not understand why CB even offers this option. If anything it encourages lurking without tips. Hmm
You can change it so it is always lower than what it would show based on tips. So even if I tip 1,000 tokens, I am always dark blue. When I go into a new room, I don't like getting an instant PM, which happened a lot when I was light purple. Less so as dark blue.

Also, it means other members don't see you as a whale. If you are a regular in a room, the model knows what you have tipped. Other's don't need to know.

You can change it so it is always lower than what it would show based on tips. So even if I tip 1,000 tokens, I am always dark blue. When I go into a new room, I don't like getting an instant PM, which happened a lot when I was light purple. Less so as dark blue.

Also, it means other members don't see you as a whale. If you are a regular in a room, the model knows what you have tipped. Other's don't need to know.
Thanks, I get that but with your example (tipping 1000 tokens over a show), most in that room would know anyway, especially if the model was running a bot that listed individual tip totals against names.

I do not rove a lot and tend to visit just a few rooms, so this feature is probably of benefit to users who do have a wide range of rooms; so although they may be purple, that's cumulative from fewer tips in more rooms.

Back to the original question though:
Cam sites have a clear business model whose intent is to encourage token purchasing, but is obviously still profitable with the current ratio of paying to non-paying members. But more paying members would equal bigger profits - and likely some reinvestment into the site; more bandwidth, server and software upgrades, etc - a better experience for all involved (but including the non-payers).
The way I see it, free cam sites are like Canada. Those that have the means to pay do pay, those that do not do not pay, and everyone get to enjoy the amazing public services. Now, if you are not satisfied with the public system, you always have the option to pay out of pocket to go private instead and receive preferential treatment. It's a system that works wonder.

I'm also pretty sure that those sites runs all kind of models (i'm talking statistical models) to figure out what would leads them to bigger profit. They have all the data of how many users of what kind where in what room, how much those rooms made, what proportion of grey end up becoming paying customers, how long before they convert, etc. It's very easy from there to find out what works best in general. If they allow unregistered and non-paying members, it's because it ends up leading to a bigger paying user base over time and more profitable for them.
If you don't allow in a non-paying members, they will go watch free porn or go to a cam site that does, and he's lost forever. If you let him in, some of them after a time will want more attention so they'll end up becoming paying members, which benefit the model and the site. +, they still give models control over what these non-paying members can or cannot do so they can always muzzle those grays that are entitled jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.