AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

IHOP to introduce burgers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They kept teasing the "B" thing for a week, I figured it would be "breakfast". I'm glad it's just an effective marketing thing!

I'm more of a Denny's gal- but only the one good location in my area. Everybody seems to have "their" Denny's...

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The mystery of IHOb is solved.
IHOP said on Monday that it's temporarily changing its branding because the B stands for burgers.

It's only a marketing campaign. IHOP isn't changing its name. But the chain of breakfast diners took social media by storm last week with the cryptic announcement that it was flipping the lowercase "p" in its logo and making it a "b."

IHOP, of course, stands for International House of Pancakes. But IHOP — sorry, IHOb — wants to be known as a place to get lunch and dinner, not just breakfast and brunch. It's adding several burgers to its menu, including a Big Brunch burger with bacon, a fried egg and browned potato on top.

"We are definitely going to be IHOP," Darren Rebelez, president of IHOP, told CNNMoney. "But we want to convey that we are taking our burgers as seriously as our pancakes."

An IHOP in Hollywood is getting new IHOb signs, and some others might get the treatment. The new IHOb Twitter account even retweeted photos and video of a construction crew putting up the new sign in LA.

But Rebelez said the vast majority of the nearly 1,800 other locations will still go by IHOP.

So, to use another B-word, will there be a backlash?

I'm not even going to bother asking @Guy why this time.

It's funny how people on Facebook are getting their panties in a twist about the name twist (Seriously...folks are upset about this...lmao) when it's been stated that it's a TEMPORARY name change to advertise their burger menu. I just saw a FB post from a woman who's an actual IHOP employee explaining this, and people are really giving her shit over this...as if she's the one who decided on the (temporary) name change. Folks were stalking her FB page, and then posting "So why does your profile say you work as a blah, blah, blah." Smh. Damn, can't a girl work two jobs (I worked three jobs in November 2016>

Of all the things in today's world to be angry about, people are getting their blood pressure up over a temporary one letter change in a restaurant name. LOL. I guess the company is getting what they want...to get people talking about it. Well played, IHOB. :p

Reactions: corsican1
Haven't they always served burgers, or am I confusing them with Perkins? I fucking swear they've always had burgers, so I don't get the hype.

I'm also too damn lazy to remember their new name. I have no problem remembering trans/nb people's correct pronouns, but eh, if I say IHOP, you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.