AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Im new to mfc and so far i suck! Lmao Help plz!!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if that were true, why not only list the ones with Miss MFC awards first and then the rest?

Because that fluctuates? As does camscore, but it's much more current. A model who made 15000tk an hour five years ago might not be pulling nearly as much as one who made 15000tk an hour last week. So it makes sense to promote the girls who are currently making oodles of dollars.

Plus, it gives other models something to aspire to. If it was just comprised of girls with Miss MFC awards, there'd be way less of a chance of moving upwards and girls would be less motivated to hustle for tips. With the camscore system you can work on improving it and see direct results if you do. So girls are working harder and trying to make more money for MFC.

Besides then how would they order the rest of the models who don't have Miss MFC awards?

Because that fluctuates? As does camscore, but it's much more current. A model who made 15000tk an hour five years ago might not be pulling nearly as much as one who made 15000tk an hour last week. So it makes sense to promote the girls who are currently making oodles of dollars.

Plus, it gives other models something to aspire to. If it was just comprised of girls with Miss MFC awards, there'd be way less of a chance of moving upwards and girls would be less motivated to hustle for tips. With the camscore system you can work on improving it and see direct results if you do. So girls are working harder and trying to make more money for MFC.

Besides then how would they order the rest of the models who don't have Miss MFC awards?
the awards i am talking about is Miss MFC #1 and Miss MFC #2 which is 24 models a year. a lot of them are repeat and don't take up extra homepage space.

It is wise to order homepage by camscore as it puts the girls who earn the most the fastest in the most visible place. All details or gripes aside, girls who earn fast should in theory be the "most entertaining" and draw in new viewers with whatever it is they're doing to earn tokens so fast.

Miss MFC is just the "most tokens in a month" which includes girls who are on cam 10 hours a day every day to earn enough for that rank, possibly not looking as 100% entertaining for all those 10 hours as the girl with the lower Miss MFC rank who gets online for 2 hours every day and is 100% entertaining the whole time raking in a good chunk of tokens each of those hours.

It's business sense.

By the way @God no I don't wish to talk with you in private messages about the lounges... I don't know what gave you that idea. I know how they work. I'm still scratching my head at your mentioning of being in my room like 4 years ago for my birthday. You're all over the place. Please just stop, and refrain handing out more advice to models coming here for help. Let the rest of us who have a better idea of how things work handle it.

the awards i am talking about is Miss MFC #1 and Miss MFC #2 which is 24 models a year. a lot of them are repeat and don't take up extra homepage space.

I'm not sure what the point of that would be? So it would just be the top two (though I'd suggest in that case, three - include all the girls who get crowns) of the calendar year? I think those girls usually are at the top of the page anyway due to high camscore and already stand out due to the crown on their profile picture. Personally I don't see a benefit to prioritizing them over other girls beyond that but that's just my thoughts.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
if that were true, why not only list the ones with Miss MFC awards first and then the rest?

Because that wouldn't spur competition between models outside of contention for Miss MFC (say, models placed 50-250) resulting in less money for everyone involved (except the members. They might wind up with more money at the end of the month).

Reactions: Gen
I'm still scratching my head at your mentioning of being in my room like 4 years ago for my birthday. You're all over the place. Please just stop, and refrain handing out more advice to models coming here for help. Let the rest of us who have a better idea of how things work handle it.

God works in mysterious ways, yo.

It is wise to order homepage by camscore as it puts the girls who earn the most the fastest in the most visible place. All details or gripes aside, girls who earn fast should in theory be the "most entertaining" and draw in new viewers with whatever it is they're doing to earn tokens so fast.

Miss MFC is just the "most tokens in a month" which includes girls who are on cam 10 hours a day every day to earn enough for that rank, possibly not looking as 100% entertaining for all those 10 hours as the girl with the lower Miss MFC rank who gets online for 2 hours every day and is 100% entertaining the whole time raking in a good chunk of tokens each of those hours.

It's business sense.

By the way @God no I don't wish to talk with you in private messages about the lounges... I don't know what gave you that idea. I know how they work. I'm still scratching my head at your mentioning of being in my room like 4 years ago for my birthday. You're all over the place. Please just stop, and refrain handing out more advice to models coming here for help. Let the rest of us who have a better idea of how things work handle it.

i mostly remember that birthday celebration because i was there for over an hour with the model that i originally was visiting that day. first impressions are lasting impressions and i remember a lot about that day including knowing your previous high tip before that one was 2,700. my point with that private message was that this thread hasn't been about helping anyone in 24 hours. you also don't know what i do in the lounges or that some people in the lounges have me on ignore for not posting girls using toys on cam.

Last edited:
i mostly remember that birthday celebration because i was there for over an hour with the model that i originally was visiting that day. first impressions are lasting impressions and i remember a lot about that day including knowing your previous high tip before that one was 2,700.
Cool, I still don't know what you remembering details about me/my cam room so many years ago has to do with anything. I'm removing you from this thread now so if there is anything else actually related to OP that needs to be discussed we can do so.

Quick list of problems, but can see you are working on them.
  1. On lighting you are back-lit and that rear light needs to be off cam (distracting).
  2. You are ignoring genuine members who talk to you, most of us will only say hello and talk briefly before leaving, unlikely to return again.
  3. You are absent from the 'models you may like list', untagged. (Something to fix later on)
  4. No music. Surprising for a dancer.
On the positive side, you are gorgeous, love the look, and you seem generous and willing to entertain your members... when you work all this out things will go better, just keep learning.
thank u so much!! ITS been a week and it seems to be getting better already .im still working on lighting but i did my first cum show and true private! thanks everyone so much for your kind words! also video and pic tips would be lovely...what was the first video u posted like/?/ and how do u sell it for tips? and for how much?

Pricing is up to you hun. I tend to sell videos between 150 - 250 tokens and do deals for 3 or 6 or 10. Girls with more videos may do bigger deals or lower prices. Just put the info on your profile, preferably with pics and a good description, then mention in your topic that you have vids for sale, or offer them as prizes etc.

I think this has kinda been a shitty couple of weeks in camland. Or maybe I suck too? Hopefully the fellows and ladies above gave you some good tips! I wish I had those kind of tips when I was new... hell even now lol. Don't give up if you really like it!

Hello, I am in the process of starting a virtual webcam studio (essentially marketing specifically for models to fix the very problem you are describing). I am here to pick the brains of models as I start up my new company...what would you like to see in a virtual studio?

For starters, stop commenting on every thread with this. It looks spammy. Second, studios are essentially pointless unless they offer something that the model can't do. Physical studios provide a space to cam from, plus top-notch equipment and Internet, which a starting model may not be able to afford right off the bat. Virtual studios are typically looked down on because we don't need them. The only virtual studio that is worth signing up with is Boleyn Models, because they offer daily payouts and you have your money in 72 hours instead of 1-2 weeks. They also provide employment letters for landlords or lenders.

If all you're offering is marketing, well, we can do that ourselves. There's no point in signing up for someone to take a percentage of our income in exchange for advertising. Most models are pretty savvy with how social media works, and those who aren't, can learn easily - we do have discussions in Model's Only one marketing techniques.

Back to the original post-when I watched you, your camscore was in the 400's and now it's over 800. :) I only watched you that one time, but obviously you are doing something right. Camscore can be discouraging (I hated it when I was on MFC), but don't worry about it. Lots of top MFC cam models had camscores below 1000 at one point-some way below 1000. Good job raising it and keep up the good work! :)

This is Charlie, and i'm going to tell you something. (No, i'm not an alcoholic, hahaha!)
I was you, 2 months ago, I was so f--ckin' scared about this and very unsure, but reading about MFC legal stuff really helped, I wasn't making any tokens, barely understood the system, asking anyone for advice, but here I am, two months later, I know a little more about this, so DON'T FEEL ALONE.
I noticed is that most models has the ''block models'' option, so it's kind of hard to be able to find another model who doesn't have it, but be free if you want to talk to me sometime.

First things first, something that REALLY improves the viewings it's an HD Camera. And obviously a good lighting.

Get obsessed with the Top Models, search for patterns on their channels, on their looks, their profiles, etc. And take the best of them.

I don't recommend the ''Skype for Paypal'' thing, I got scammed and hacked and it was AWFUL, i'm not telling is all bad, but MyFreeCams doesn't protect you in the Skype shows you do, and the customers don't like to pay at first, if you do it, be careful.

Start 10 minutes a day, then go up to 30 minutes and 1 hour so when you're confident you don't make a fool of yourself as I did.

Take your time to learn the slang (C2C/PVT/POV-...) because is very useful

Put a realistic token fee, chose prices you would pay for what you do, start with something low so customers pay more often

Get creative, customers love to play with you, treat them as your friends and play things like truth or dare, charades or raffles. Take ideas from other models, I really recommend to have a schedule of activities so no one get bored and your room gets funny and entertaining

Be very careful for scams; fake tips, fake admins, don't trust anyone who's not an admin, there's even a few models who are a scam.

Don't get frustrated DON'T DO FREE SHOWS if they're not paying you, get back in an hour and start over, I know they want to see free stuff, but you're here because either you have a fetish or want money, more likely to be the last one, you're worth it.

And about the toping, don't be the ''Tip 20 if you think i'm pretty'' girl, set your prices and some originality.

This is all I have and I hope we can learn more, but i'm going to give you a weird advice for the last; see the cam show as you chatting with your long-distance partner, with love, attention and a lot of sexy stuff and everything is going to work fine, I hope I can see you soon in the top models, bye-bye!

Hi! I'm fairly new as well :) Here are some things I've found that work for me:
  • Talking nonstop. Try to keep people as engaged as possible. Even if it's not talking, dancing, reading, looking at things. To some extent, people are there for your personality not just your looks.
  • Engaging the people in the room to make them talk. The atmosphere of the room is something that people really love to. A room where people are active, talking back, asking/answering questions is the funnest. Encourage people to talk by greeting them when they come in, asking questions about their day, etc.
  • Set your app up and leave it alone. You can change the tip goal every once in a while, but it's best not to keep constantly reminding people to tip.
  • Choose outfits wisely. This seemed really dumb to me initially, but I've found that people can be really responsive to what you're wearing. A shirt and some sweats might make you seem laid back and fun. A dress can make you seem flirty and cute. Wear things that make you feel confident.
I know a lot of this is generic, but these are the things that i've found really help. Best of luck :cat:

Reactions: BarelyCharlie
Hello
I know this thread is old but still I want to thank the girls which posted here as it helped me a lot. Still I have one question if anyone could help.
I have a baby and in willing to work few hrs while he sleeps. Thing is, can I log out suddenly if he wakes up and I need to run to get him? What if I'm in a show? Do I get in trouble if I log out out of the blue for ex if I'm in a show?
Thx in advance girls

I have mine set for 90 days.

Hi. New model here (well like 15 hours in so by MFC standards, an old hand )
Just reading this tread and saw your post- a bit confused, I'd this an option for a model to make herself or an option for members to make models new for 90 days?
I didn't realize how precious those first 10 hours really were. I did great the first couple days and have been having FUN but as someone new to caming a lot oof time was spent figuring out some technical glitches as well. Anyway still hanging in there. This site is awesome.

New models, be wary of members who:
are too eager to "help"
tell you to lower your prices drastically
say shitty things about high-earning models

especially if they themselves never tip and just eat up a ton of your time

This thread has been dead for three days shy of a year, just for the record. I don't think the OP still exists in camland. (She was last on ACF in April 2016.)

As for new model status, premium members can choose what interval they want to see re: "new girls" in the display preferences. It's not a model setting.

I'm trying two platforms right now. I tried (attempted, as best as I could) the "oozing femininity" on MFC, but alas my camscore kept going down and after reading everything I could, I was in sheer terror and panic mode. I think I might give it the 60 day break and hope it resets to 1000.

Problems I don't have: Talking. Everyone usually comments on how good of a conversationalist I am in person. Talking about sexy things? Oh my, I don't even know what a sexy is. I CANNOT talk dirty for the life of me!

I started on CB and I went with a different username and entertainment platform. Here, I'm the skinny tomboy that works in a vehicle shop (I don't work in one professionally, but I have a vehicle shop for my vehicles and farm equipment, which I plan on broadcasting in once I can get internet out there!). I pull out my firearms, talk about hunting stories, or we all discuss frustrating car mysteries we have in an attempt to solve the problem. My user name and profile are even mechanically themed. When getting started I'll say hi to members "Welcome so and so, you're currently on Car Talk".

Talking dirty on Car Talk is a bit easier because it's creative. I can lube your chassis, pump your breaks, clean out your fuel injectors (unless your a carburetor person... in which case, don't get vapor lock!), the list goes on. I can say those things in a sexy voice, with EASE.

Sometimes we'll try to talk about cars when I stand on my head.

MFC the most users I ever had in a room was 64. On CB it was 320 (so far).

This week my new camera and lighting rigs come in, yippie! Maybe not yippie... that means everyone is going to see my physical imperfections in HD now... D:

Status
Not open for further replies.